sansa, arya, and dany

starklover

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

:agree:

If Jon had bent the knee to Dany in S703, there would be no Targaryen-restoration as of S707.
The submissive attitude of Jorah is one of the reasons he got stuck in the friendzone and the fact that Daario began his pursuit of Dany as a knee-bending sycophant before even getting to know her is one of the reasons he never became more than a FWB.

If you want Dany to like you, bend the knee.
If you want Dany to love (or hate) you, don't.

Great point regarding the contrast between Jon and Jorah/ Dario. 

On 9/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, MinscS2 said:

Well there was a reason even if we don't get to see a scene between Dany and Royce: He did say that "A Targaryen cannot be trusted" (albeit unwillingly) to a Targaryen. :P

I think the reason was very obvious. Royce didn't trust a Targaryen to not use this as a trap for Jon. He thought she'd trap him or possibly kill him as history showed. It gave more context for Jon's statements the following episode about being a "Northern fool" who didn't listen. Of course Davos, who probably realizes that Stannis may have executed Jon by now for his unwillingness to bend the knee thinks things have gone much better.

Guest TheRealKingInTheNorth
On 9/5/2017 at 7:05 AM, Tianzi said:

I think that the one jealous of Dany's looks can be Arya, not Sansa, since

a. she's been shown being insecure about her feminity (old times, but still)

b. she is the one of the sisters who can be jealous of Jon on the personal level.

Sansa will probably have objections about someone having political influence over Jon, as other people have pointed out.

Well, on one hand I wouldn't expect the final season to have plotlines like this, since they have more important things to solve, but on the other - D&D are unlikely to pass on an opportunity on some good ol' catty conflict when having two females on the same screen.

I believe some sort of tension should exist among them, not in the soap opera-ish way but GoT has always been best with these kinds of character conflicts. I understand the importance of the war but I don't believe most of it alone would make for great TV. Conflicts are best when you care about both sides and that's what the human drama must provide.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, MinscS2 said:

If Jon had bent the knee to Dany in S703, there would be no Targaryen-restoration as of S707.
The submissive attitude of Jorah is one of the reasons he got stuck in the friendzone and the fact that Daario began his pursuit of Dany as a knee-bending sycophant before even getting to know her is one of the reasons he never became more than a FWB.

If you want Dany to burn you, don't.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, MinscS2 said:

Aye, season 7 was the season of Stark-infighting. By the end of season 7, it is resolved and the pack (including Jon) is united.
It would be strange (and stupid) if they started fighting again in season 8. There will probably be some verbal tension between some Stark-siblings and Daenerys, but it won't escalate to outright scheming and threats of killing.

This.. there are only 6 episodes to end the series. Not a lot of time for wasted arguements amongst a family that will in the end stick together.

I could see a small amount of tension from Sansa to Dany because Sansa has aspirations to rule but she will soon see how Jon cares and trusts her, and once Arya also approves it will seal the deal.

On 2018-02-13 at 9:26 AM, dbunting said:

This.. there are only 6 episodes to end the series. Not a lot of time for wasted arguements amongst a family that will in the end stick together.

Two families, technically. ;)

On 2/14/2018 at 7:12 AM, MinscS2 said:

Two families, technically. ;)

Three, even.  The conversation between Theon and Jon -- for them both Ned Stark is in them.  Jon says Theon is a Stark as well as a Lovejoy.  Jon with always be Stark too.  So it's Stark, Targaryen and Lovejoy families, making a pack, making a flock and making a fleet.  Or all dying of course in terrible prolonged manners, leaving only the next generation or something.

Those zombies are the worst.  Also a dragon that's a zombie with tattered wings -- it may be supernatural but still how can it fly that way -- though maybe as cold air is heavier and denser than hot air -- I dunno.  And wouldn't it shoot ice not fire, fire which destroys zombies?  Anyway, none of this makes ANY sense at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, Zorral said:

Three, even.  The conversation between Theon and Jon -- for them both Ned Stark is in them.  Jon says Theon is a Stark as well as a Lovejoy.  Jon with always be Stark too.  So it's Stark, Targaryen and Lovejoy families, making a pack, making a flock and making a fleet.  Or all dying of course in terrible prolonged manners, leaving only the next generation or something.

Those zombies are the worst.  Also a dragon that's a zombie with tattered wings -- it may be supernatural but still how can it fly that way -- though maybe as cold air is heavier and denser than hot air -- I dunno.  And wouldn't it shoot ice not fire, fire which destroys zombies?  Anyway, none of this makes ANY sense at all.

Also, since the Night King punctured his fire-breathing portion, he shouldn't be able to breathe fire.

I do think there would be some tension in the beginning.  Dany is not a known quantity and both Sansa and Arya would want to protect their family.  Once they get to know her I think Sansa and Arya will trust her and work with her.  Bran knows everything Dany has done and could just tell them.  Also in my opinion I think Arya and Dany have a lot on common so I see them having a close relationship.

• 5 months later...
On 10/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, MinscS2 said:

So essentially what you are saying is, guys have to bend the knee at exactly the right time to please her? And even then, its still not enough because she also has extra demands, in addition to that? See: an entire ceasefire before she agrees to help. 

Such a selfless, unconditional love she's displaying here. Wow, I'm really sold on this romance. :bs:

Jon never really bent the knee...so is that what Dany likes? Men who pretend to swear fealty?

I'm also wondering why a person this fickle and picky would even deserve to have her House restored. After Daario is prostrating himself at Dany's feet, Sansa wakes up from her forced marriage to Tyrion. I think they are drawing a contrast here. Dany has unrestrained power to have any man she wants...doesn't mean she'll get it.

I think both Sansa and Arya will be wary of her at first. Sansa will probably think she seduced Jon into giving up his kingship, and Arya just doesn't really trust anyone, which is understandable considering everything she has been through. Once they actually see her helping them defeat the Others they will probably warm up to her. 

• 7 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 6:04 AM, Gala said:

For the thousand time I've written this, but still....and then get screwed by the incredibly increaed WW army herself, when they come South. The only idiot is Cersei. Daenerys (luckily for mankind) is less an idiot.

The girls will get along, no doubt. Daenerys is not what Sansa wishes to be...Sansa wishes to be home (yes, she would be a wonderful Lady of Winterfell). Daenerys has no home and all she wanted until recently was IT.
The Starks (and it was stupid that Jon did) should not bend the knee to Daenerys. They should be alleys - yes. Jon is surely at least an equal.

Anyway, I do not think Daenerys is fit to rule anywhere. If (and the word IF speaks volumes) she ever breaks the wheel, then I will believe she is fit, but so far she has just been power-hungry self-righteous conqueror, well...until Jon came and changed her mind that cost HER a dragon, her child as she calls them.

i agree 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:55 AM, King Jon Snow Stark said:

They did release the letter where Jon calls himself Warden of the North. Sansa didn't bring up to the lords at least on screen. And Arya and Sansa were in friendly terms so I don't think Sansa is planning a coup against Jon. Arya would kill her if she went against Jon. He's part of the pack. I think the Stark family will stick together and eventually accept Dany because she is Jon's aunt (future wife?)

Cousin-sisters, I demand you accept my aunt-wife.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I think both Sansa and Arya will be wary of her at first. Sansa will probably think she seduced Jon into giving up his kingship, and Arya just doesn't really trust anyone, which is understandable considering everything she has been through. Once they actually see her helping them defeat the Others they will probably warm up to her. 

Jon, though he knows nothing, is not the type to be seduced. The other time he gave it up pretty much all he got in return was three arrows in various places instead of one in the heart. 

But do the sisters know this? Were maids throwing themselves at the Bastard of Winterfell while he pretended not to notice and talked to the nearest wall about the Wall?

On 9/4/2017 at 12:26 AM, princess brittany said:

do you think sansa and arya are going to like dany?

No.  The show will make sure of that.  Dan and Dave have been chipping away at Dany's awesomeness the last two seasons to please the haters.  Sansa will not be alive long enough to meet Dany in the books.  This is only DnD's own fiction.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:01 AM, U. B. Cool said:

No.  The show will make sure of that.  Dan and Dave have been chipping away at Dany's awesomeness the last two seasons to please the haters.  Sansa will not be alive long enough to meet Dany in the books.  This is only DnD's own fiction.

I sincerely doubt Sansa will be dead before "A Dream for Spring" and I can bet she will survive the series.

As for the show, it would be inorganic for them to jump Dany's bandwagon. But I doubt the show will give us some sort of normal resolution between them. Just like it didn't give us an organic resolution between Stark sisters.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, Risto said:

I sincerely doubt Sansa will be dead before "A Dream for Spring" and I can bet she will survive the series.

As for the show, it would be inorganic for them to jump Dany's bandwagon. But I doubt the show will give us some sort of normal resolution between them. Just like it didn't give us an organic resolution between Stark sisters.

The show tonight was written by people who wanted to chip away at Dany's character and build up the Starks.  I didn't like it.  

Archived