BwB NorCal Gathering

Prince Lodey

Thanks for the alert, Arbor.

I'm in for Friday, although time....TBD. I may have a meeting at 5:30, but I'd be able to do something in the evening.

Let's just say we'll start around 6:00 and go till whenever. Probably go on a food run at some point.

If anyone thinks they'll have trouble finding it, send me a PM and I'll pass out my cel number.

Bronn - what's parking like in the area? And is this place cash only, like every other bar in SF?

The easiest parking is the Sutter-Stockton garage, about four blocks away. It is fairly reasonable if you arrive after 6:00 PM.

There is a secret ninja parking area known only to me and (soon enough) googlebots. After 7:00 PM, both sides of Montgomery street between Pine and Bush become free for parking. The right hand side fills up quickly. The left hand side REALLY looks like it is still a traffic lane and seldom fills. Almost never is it even occupied, let alone filled. I do sometimes get honked at for parking there by those who think it is still a traffic lane. But I've never been cited. I've done this a hundred times, and read the signs VERY carefully. If I am arriving early, I will usually go to Sutter-Stockton then take a break near 7:00 and go move the car.

EDITED TO STRESS - it is only the one block of Montgomery where this is true.

The Cigar Club takes most major credit cards. Of course, for a group of our size, they'd prefer that we combine on one big tab, but not required. Just tip them well is all I ask. Cash is also more profitable for them, and the Cigar Club is owner-operated so the guys behind the bar like it better if you just give them cash and they don't pay the kickback to Visa, etc.

Thanks for the alert, Arbor.

My pleasure! :cheers:

Great...I'll see you all Friday! I will probably be done with work and ready to leave at ~6pm. If any of the peninsula people want to coordinate transport, feel free to PM me and we can coordinate. Otherwise, I can just head up and be there around 7 or so.

The easiest parking is the Sutter-Stockton garage, about four blocks away. It is fairly reasonable if you arrive after 6:00 PM.

There is a secret ninja parking area known only to me and (soon enough) googlebots. After 7:00 PM, both sides of Montgomery street between Pine and Bush become free for parking. The right hand side fills up quickly. The left hand side REALLY looks like it is still a traffic lane and seldom fills. Almost never is it even occupied, let alone filled. I do sometimes get honked at for parking there by those who think it is still a traffic lane. But I've never been cited. I've done this a hundred times, and read the signs VERY carefully. If I am arriving early, I will usually go to Sutter-Stockton then take a break near 7:00 and go move the car.

EDITED TO STRESS - it is only the one block of Montgomery where this is true.

The Cigar Club takes most major credit cards. Of course, for a group of our size, they'd prefer that we combine on one big tab, but not required. Just tip them well is all I ask. Cash is also more profitable for them, and the Cigar Club is owner-operated so the guys behind the bar like it better if you just give them cash and they don't pay the kickback to Visa, etc.

I thought all parking meters in the city (unless marked otherwise) were free after 6 or 7pm? And on Sundays. Parking in the Financial District is so easy on Sundays!

I will be arriving by foot or Muni, since I'll be nearby. Might be late. Can I exchange cell #s with someone before Friday?

Hmm...my meeting goes until 7 (apparently this is supposed to turn into an office socialization hour afterward, but I'll skip that.)

Don't expect me until 7:15 or so, I guess. I'll call Bronn or Arbor Gold to make sure y'all are still there. :)

Good times. Lord O', I'm down for driving, so let me know when/where you want to meet up, and PM me your contact info, I'll send mine to you.

(An aside, I might not be able to do much scheduling for this until Thursday night, so for the time being, I'm gonna say we'll leave at 5-something, and if anyone has objections/wants to hitch a ride/whatever, PM me.)

So the circumstances have changed slightly, she'll be arriving later on Friday and after a day of driving won't really be social yet. So it might be possible for me to go out, but it would be on the later side -- probably around 7:30-8:00, if at all. Will folks still be there then? And if so, how the hell do I recognize you all in a crowded bar? There isn't one of you I've met in person. I've seen the back of Bronn's head but that's about it.

So the circumstances have changed slightly, she'll be arriving later on Friday and after a day of driving won't really be social yet. So it might be possible for me to go out, but it would be on the later side -- probably around 7:30-8:00, if at all. Will folks still be there then? And if so, how the hell do I recognize you all in a crowded bar? There isn't one of you I've met in person. I've seen the back of Bronn's head but that's about it.

The Cigar Club is very small. You won't miss us. I will look like this.

Edited to add - we'll leave word with Jack the bartender if we have gone someplace.

Absolutely. Since the gal is terrified of earthquakes, I grabbed her immediately. Apparently that scared her more. But I really thought the shaking was going to go on and on, when in reality where we were it only lasted a couple of seconds.

It seemed like a really long quake. It even woke the baby, though it didn't seem to bother her much. As for tonight, I definitely won't be able to make it. Sorry about the back and forth. Have a good time, and organize something again soon...

Archived