BwB NorCal Gathering

Prince Lodey

I should probably be drunk for this task.

That's a good maxim for life, really.

I guess I'll have to be patient. I'd send you a creepy PM to get your juices flowing (har har), but that would probably actually be creepy, and I don't want to go down that road. I want to maintain my nice guy image. ;)

I'd send you a creepy PM to get your juices flowing

Nice one. I say go with your instincts. There's clearly a wild man just dying to break free.

One day, when you least expect it, BAM...there's the message you've been waiting for. The element of surprise is a critical aspect of the creepy PM, anyway. Trust me on this one.

I wonder how long until this thread is shut down.

Moved from rock disposal thread....

Speaking of BwB activities, aren't you on the hook for organizing a BwB picnic? :whip:

Up to the general consensus. I'd personally prefer that we did a ferry to Larkspur plus Noonan's trip first. But we could do the picnic also. I'll take suggestions here.

Up to the general consensus. I'd personally prefer that we did a ferry to Larkspur plus Noonan's trip first. But we could do the picnic also. I'll take suggestions here.

Is this pressure to ensure that I actually follow through and ditch the rock? :P

Either sound like fun --I love boat rides but have no idea where (what?) Larkspur is (I don't get out much). A picnic would be lovely but the weather in SF would probably be crappy and cold.

Generally speaking, my odds of availability go up greatly for daytime activities over evening activities. That's not to say I can't get out at night at all -- I did make the Cigar Club gathering -- but that requires overcoming higher hurdles than stuff in the day. Hence my support for a picnic.

However, I just think it is good for people to get together. So whether or not I can attend, definitely do whatever gets the most people interested.

AG: Larkspur is a cute town in Marin County. Ferries run from San Francisco to Larkspur and back.

AG: Larkspur is a cute town in Marin County. Ferries run from San Francisco to Larkspur and back.

When my mom came up from San Diego for a visit, I drove from Richmond to Larkspur and we took the ferry in to the Ferry Building on a Saturday morning. We puttered around the Farmer's Market and then hopped a streetcar to go to Fisherman's Wharf (she insisted). She LOVED the streetcar even more than the cable cars - she hadn't ridden one since her childhood. And on the way back, our ferry was being paced part of the way by a curious sea otter.

Needless to say, she left with a much stronger understanding of why I love the Bay Area so much.

Edited to add: If you've never been on the bay near Alcatraz, you owe it to yourself to take the Larkspur or Sausalito or Tiburon ferry some time. Well worth the round trip - though there is generally more to do near Tiburon and Sausalito, the Larkspur one runs more regularly. A tradeoff.

Picnics are good. We shouldn't do it on the 18th, though, because I have another picnic that day.

Weather in SF will undoubtedly get un-crappy later this month, though. Maybe even soon. I'm crossing my fingers for when that happens. Until then, other options are superior.

Maybe this time, I won't be coming down with something. Apologies for being kind of a drag at the Cigar Club--I'm normally quiet, but I think I came off as "quiet and slightly creepy" since I barely talked at all and sort of listened in on conversations. ;)

The dictaphone in your purse that was recording everything we said was creepy. The rest wasn't. :P

(love the Simpsons av, btw - hair isn't quite right but the cat makes up for it)

Maybe we'll angle for a Sunday picnic in GGP on the weekend before Labor Day.

Of course, if you all would be willing to schlep over to Richmond, there is a great park across the street from where we live and we could use our place as a base of operations. I could also provide shuttle service to/from El Cerrito Del Norte BART station for those who prefer public transportation (it is a 3 mile drive - 10 minutes or less).

Question: by that, do you mean Labor Day Weekend, or the last weekend in August? I have conflicts on both but the Labor Day weekend conflicts are probably more negotiable. I'll be out of town the last weekend of August.

But my schedule for the first couple of weeks after Labor Day in September will be haywire anyways so there isn't much point in pushing it back.

I'm out of town the last weekend of August (heading up to Yosemite for the first time since I was 8). I have no plans yet for Labor Day weekend, so I would totally be down for a picnic.

Bronn: your weekend with your mom sounds lovely! I absolutely want to go out on one of those ferries...unfortunately my weekends in SF usually amount to being hungover until 3 pm, with little motivation to go out and explore. Are you from San Diego? If this was discussed at the meet, I do apologize for not recalling the conversation (the fume blanc was delicious). I'm from Mira Mesa, myself.

You all suck - I missed the gathering b/c I was in Portland on a business trip.

We seriously need an RSS feed for this forum, so I can keep up. OTOH, an RSS feed at work that centers mainly around LoB's cock might well get me fired...

So can someone cluebat me when the next Bay Area event occurs? I don't need too much notice, but hopefully it won't collide with my friend's wedding.

I'm generally up for weekend stuff, and some after work stuff.

DK

Archived