BwB NorCal Gathering

Prince Lodey

I have no answers for you, but I'm down.

Excellent. Baby steps. If this was just a Mountain View BxB, I would say let's meet downtown for a drink!

For the Bay Area, I'm thinking maybe a gathering in SF...a Saturday afternoon in Golden Gate Park, perhaps?

Excellent. Baby steps. If this was just a Mountain View BxB, I would say let's meet downtown for a drink!

For the Bay Area, I'm thinking maybe a gathering in SF...a Saturday afternoon in Golden Gate Park, perhaps?

My gal concurs. She's been saying that to me for month or so. I personally prefer a nice pub atmosphere, but if an outdoor event is the way of things, I'd not quibble too much.

My gal concurs. She's been saying that to me for month or so. I personally prefer a nice pub atmosphere, but if an outdoor event is the way of things, I'd not quibble too much.

While I would prefer a nice outdoor event, I can't imagine pulling myself together enough to actually make that happen. A meet at a pub-type place sounds much less ambitious and therefore much more feasible.

While I would prefer a nice outdoor event, I can't imagine pulling myself together enough to actually make that happen. A meet at a pub-type place sounds much less ambitious and therefore much more feasible.

Maybe the easy one first and then the ambitous one later on down the line?

Lodengarl is here a lot. I could be induced to join up there very easily (saw him there yesterday in fact). We could move to a smoke-free environment with little prodding.

I love it...sounds perfect. I personally have no problem with a smoke-filled environment.

So we have the where...we just need the when.

I'm down; I'm here all of July/early August, and I'll be back in September, so if you fix up a date, I'd be interested. Btw, that lounge looks like the mad note, Bronn. Are they gonna get pissy if I'm not over 21? (I'm over smoking age, but not drinking age as yet).

Anyway, it'd be cool to meet you folks. Even the ones who root for Berkeley. :P

i'm down people!! this sounds fun. i also like the idea of smoking inside while having a cocktail, it's positively civilized!!

so when??

i suggest next weekend, sometime july 21st or july 22nd. harry potter comes out on the 21st, but i can probably finish that by nighttime on saturday. so saturday night people??

i'll be out of town from the 24th until the 7th, so i'm hoping we can make this happen while i'm in town.

i'm down people!! this sounds fun. i also like the idea of smoking inside while having a cocktail, it's positively civilized!!

so when??

i suggest next weekend, sometime july 21st or july 22nd. harry potter comes out on the 21st, but i can probably finish that by nighttime on saturday. so saturday night people??

i'll be out of town from the 24th until the 7th, so i'm hoping we can make this happen while i'm in town.

bump

bump

Excellent contribution. :P

Ok, everybody...how about Saturday July 21?

ROTS: I've not been to this particular place, but as long as we get there on the early side (when they are not likely carding at the door), then you should be alright. However, confirmation from Bronn would probably be best.

Cool, I think I can probably make this Saturday night. I'll have to speedread Harry Potter, probably, but it's not like that's difficult.

AG, what dyou think is the best way to get there? I think driving is probably > mass transportation, especially since the Caltrain stops running at some point.

I would guess driving would probably be best. One possibility would be for the three of us (ROTS, Bones, me) to drive up together, ditch the car at Lann's place, then from there take whatever transport we need to get to the actual place. (This of course depends on when she finishes Harry Potter...)

This would give us a home base in the city if we need a little time to sober up before we head home. Of course, then we have to decide who drives, which would be shitty.

Or, we train it, which is cool with me but which means an early night.

So I have no idea at this point.

The Cigar Club is dead and boring on Saturday nights. This may be a plus as we'd pretty much have it to ourselves. If we want a livelier environment, Friday the 20th would probably be the best target. I'll leave it up to the peninsula crowd.

They aren't likely to check ID's for a friend of mine and/or Lodengarl's, as long as DVDRots behaves in a civilized fashion. Order a drink at your own peril though. It is a small place - never seen anyone at the door checking IDs except maybe on Bastille Day (which was last Saturday and a big deal).

The Cigar Club is dead and boring on Saturday nights. This may be a plus as we'd pretty much have it to ourselves. If we want a livelier environment, Friday the 20th would probably be the best target. I'll leave it up to the peninsula crowd.

They aren't likely to check ID's for a friend of mine and/or Lodengarl's, as long as DVDRots behaves in a civilized fashion. Order a drink at your own peril though. It is a small place - never seen anyone at the door checking IDs except maybe on Bastille Day (which was last Saturday and a big deal).

I am nothing if not civilized.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm planning on drinking (in which case, if we drive, I could be the DD), but good to know I can get in, at least.

Erm, I could probably swing Friday night as well, just as long as I have like 6 hours advance notice.

Archived