NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I'm trying to convince myself that Dalton is going to bounce back from last weeks horror show.  I assumed that Houston's D-line was good, but they had zero sacks against the Jags and gave up 155 yards rushing.  Is the Jag's O-line that improved from last year and that much better than the Bengal's O-line?  If the Bengal's O-line can perform about as well as the Jag's O-line, Dalton should have enough time to throw and be OK.  They should be able to put some points on the board, and with how bad the Texan's offense will likely be, the Bengal's should have plenty of opportunities to score.

1 minute ago, Mudguard said:

I'm trying to convince myself that Dalton is going to bounce back from last weeks horror show.  I assumed that Houston's D-line was good, but they had zero sacks against the Jags and gave up 155 yards rushing.  Is the Jag's O-line that improved from last year and that much better than the Bengal's O-line?  If the Bengal's O-line can perform about as well as the Jag's O-line, Dalton should have enough time to throw and be OK.  They should be able to put some points on the board, and with how bad the Texan's offense will likely be, the Bengal's should have plenty of opportunities to score.

The Ravens weren't exactly tearing up and down the field themselves. The Bengals got plenty of chances, Dalton just pissed them all away.

13 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The Ravens weren't exactly tearing up and down the field themselves. The Bengals got plenty of chances, Dalton just pissed them all away.

If Houston can put some pressure on Dalton, he's going to have another bad game.  

Both teams have bad offensive lines.  The Texans gave up 10 sacks to the Jags.  Could be a real ugly game.

I swear to god after Adam Jones' long punt return my mental dialogue went:

Nice, I'd love to see the Texans lose to the Browns!

Oh, Andy Dalton. That's right, Deshawn Watson is the Texans' QB...

Wait, isn't Kizer the QB of the Browns?

Oh, it's the Bengals?

Now I'm bored.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Watson can run.  Now he just needs to learn to throw and not completely fall apart when he's pressured and he'll have a shot at being a good QB!

Just now, Ramsay B. said:

I was waiting for a defender to get him and just nobody did. At least this game has a fucking pulse now.

I never really thought of him as exceptionally mobile, no more than a Jay Cutler for instance, and the speed wasn't blazing but his moves were somehow incredibly effective.

Archived