NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I hear you. You're not wrong in that they can get out of the contract. I just know the Bengals and it's not something they would consider. That being said, McCarron isn't the answer (same issues as Dalton without any of the experience) so I'd rather keep Dalton than run with him, even if he does cost more. At this stage, the QB that has looked the most interesting has been Jeff Driskel but not likely he'll get a shot any time soon (that and he's now in IR).

Ultimately though, unless the Bengals draft a QB like Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brady or Wilson (covers the spectrum of pocket movement), they won't have a chance with this OL. It's that bad.

Gonna put in a plug for my guy Baker Mayfield for any team that needs a QB but isn't drafting in the top 5.  Most accurate college quarterback I've ever seen, and he's got that undefinable trait where you think he's bottled up for a sack and he escapes. He's 6'0" so he's not going to get drafted highly, but someone is going to take him in the third or 4th round and he's going to win their starting job.

David Johnson reportedly has dislocated wrist 

Johnson is headed for another opinion on the injury, but Arians said that the initial diagnosis is a dislocation and that Johnson will be headed for surgery and to injured reserve if and when it is confirmed.

The Cardinals previously lost rookie running back T.J. Logan to the same injury. He has been placed on injured reserve and the timeline given when he was hurt was for an 8-12 week recovery.

Yikes. 

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, that was a hard game to watch. The only highlight really was a spectacular one-handed, leaping interception by Tartt. As much as I hate to say it I think I'm going to be living vicariously through the Raiders this season. That was an enjoyable game.

Great. Where does that leave me? I'm in Vienna, leaving soon for Andalusia. I don't know jack about European football. I'm going to live vicariously through...? 

Candlesticks are always a good choice. 

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Great. Where does that leave me? I'm in Vienna, leaving soon for Andalusia. I don't know jack about European football. I'm going to live vicariously through...? 

Candlesticks are always a good choice. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll watch every Niners game and die a little bit inside after every one,but I'm going to either follow or proceed that with a shot of Raider's football. That way I can at least remember what it looks like to win.

My most expensive player in Dynasty just went out for the year. Great:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20673228/allen-robinson-receiver-jacksonville-jaguars-miss-rest-season

And Dalton apparently put up the third worst QBR ever (important to note the stat is only 11 years old):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20667616/cincinnati-bengals-qb-andy-dalton-was-historically-bad-week-1

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I normally not about that schadenfreude lifestyle, but Jace might the worst starting combo of QBs I've ever see. She's rocking with Cutler and Hoyer as her two starters.

#NeverAutoDraft

The Griffins Roosters unequivocally deny any accusations of a rebuilding effort. "We're about championships here, that's what these players expect. We're all focused on closing out strong tonight and moving on to the next week." Team manager Jace 'The Pony Queen' told me today. 

Whether or not the Roosters are jockeying for position on any of a number of quarterbacks that seem ready to hit the draft next year is ultimately a moot point, as unless the team starts to Pony Up unlikely wins, the Griffins might be Roosted out of town. 

I'm WEFL Insider Jace, and this has been your I'll Get To It In a Minute update.

21 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

"I'm solid at Fantasy QB - I've got Hoyer and Cutler", said nobody ever.

Whiskeyjack would make that work.

Now, admittedly, he'd make that work by trading them both for Brady and some running QB and a good RB starter and also trade, like, 15 bench players he just picked up off waivers, but BY GOD they would work. 

6 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Now, admittedly, he'd make that work by trading them both for Brady and some running QB and a good RB starter and also trade, like, 15 bench players he just picked up off waivers, but BY GOD they would work. 

Sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

"I'm solid at Fantasy QB - I've got Hoyer and Cutler", said nobody ever.

1 hour ago, Week said:

John Fox would like to disagree -- and then go 3-13.

45 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

For all of your information, Cutler didn't even play this week and imma go 4-0.

46 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's going to be awesome to hear @sperry talk about how this year is FINALLY Sam Bradford's year after this game, only to see him horribly collapse with a torn and incinerated scrotal pouch after week 5. 

Heh, I came here specifically to say that Bradford looks like the QB Sperry always thought he was, be interesting to see if this lasts.

Archived