SUBURRA: The Series (Netflix)

AncalagonTheBlack

12 minutes ago, oikkarok said:

Hi guys, I'm an Italian guy, if you liked Suburra you should read the books that are written by a magistrate who investigated these facts and by a journalist (Suburra and Romanzo Criminale) .. also on September 12 Netflix releases a movie about the tragic story of Stefano Cucchi that will be interpreted by Alessandro Borghi (Aureliano)

I, for one, have read the books, in fact!

They are a valuable compare and contrast with the series.

I enjoyed the film adaptation of Romanzo Criminale even though it dragged a bit during the second half. I've been meaning to watch the television version, but have yet to find it available somewhere.  I recently listened to Daniele Bolelli's History on Fire podcast 3-part episode about the Magliana Gang. It was excellent.

18 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I enjoyed the film adaptation of Romanzo Criminale even though it dragged a bit during the second half. I've been meaning to watch the television version, but have yet to find it available somewhere.  I recently listened to Daniele Bolelli's History on Fire podcast 3-part episode about the Magliana Gang. It was excellent.

I watched both seasons on Amazon Prime. 

On 8/16/2018 at 3:06 PM, Zorral said:

I, for one, have read the books, in fact!

They are a valuable compare and contrast with the series.

I like them also because they are all based on real events, for example the Nero (Black) in Romanzo Criminale is Massimo Carminati, also called Er Ciecato (the one-eyed/blind).. a neo fascist who was arrested again a few years ago..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Finally got around to starting season 2. Just finished ep 2, and I have to reiterate my praise for Alessandro Borghi. Hell of an actor. 

I only watch the show cause of him tbh. I really enjoy Spadino as well. All the other characters kind of suck and the writing is shoddy at best imo.

Archived