Wolfs Blood Traits?

FylkirKarl

Well I rather hope that little rickon will have a garndma and maybe a great grandaddy to help him. Since we have NOT heard about their deaths i think we can assume that Lynara stark and her dad rodrik the wandering wolf are still alive.

Lynarra Stark would probably be about 56  by now in the books and her father while much older would still probably be younger than Aemon or Walder Frey and of course could be much younger eg about 80 or so.

Those were primitive times and Greywind's pelt would be luxurious accessory for someone with lots of gold like Lady Frey.  I am curious what the Freys and the Boltons did with Greywind's fur.  I don't think the Freys would have much use for it in the Riverlands but Roose is just the kind to take it back with him to the Dreadfort.  The south is less primitive than the north.  Grey is not exactly an attractive color though.  A Ghost pelt would be more suitable for wear.  

On 10/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Those were primitive times and Greywind's pelt would be luxurious accessory for someone with lots of gold like Lady Frey.  I am curious what the Freys and the Boltons did with Greywind's fur.  I don't think the Freys would have much use for it in the Riverlands but Roose is just the kind to take it back with him to the Dreadfort.  The south is less primitive than the north.  Grey is not exactly an attractive color though.  A Ghost pelt would be more suitable for wear.  

That would be my best guess. To add to the Stark skin collection that his family is rumored to keep.  Roose has hunted wolves but a direwolf skin is a collectable item since they had not been seen on this side of the wall for centuries.  I really don't think they would bury Greywind with his fur intact.  It's a trophy item for someone like Roose Bolton like Robb's head is a trophy item for Joffrey Baratheon to have.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 5:42 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

They make good winter coats.  The Boltons happen to think wearing Stark skin is quite hip and stylish.  The newest Lady Frey thinks her new direwolf coat is chic. 

On 10/7/2017 at 4:19 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

That would be my best guess. To add to the Stark skin collection that his family is rumored to keep.  Roose has hunted wolves but a direwolf skin is a collectable item since they had not been seen on this side of the wall for centuries.  I really don't think they would bury Greywind with his fur intact.  It's a trophy item for someone like Roose Bolton like Robb's head is a trophy item for Joffrey Baratheon to have.

IIRC, Greywind was shot with many arrows.  He would make a rather drafty coat wouldn't he?

On 9/6/2017 at 6:49 AM, FylkirKarl said:

What are the traits of those that possess the "Wolfs Blood" in House Stark? We've had three characters mentioned that are said to have wolfs blood, and those are Brandon Stark (Son of Rickard Stark), Lyanna Stark (Daughter of Rickard Stark), and Arya Stark (Daughter of Eddard Stark). These three characters have multiple similarities with them both being willful and having bad tempers with Brandon charging into the Red Keep to demand Rhaegars death, Lyanna beating up squires bullying Howland Reed, and with Arya hating anything lady like, and being against it, similar to how Brandon was carefree and Lyanna may or may not of ran off with Rhaegar despite being bethrothed and him married. What are some other traits?

Reckless, irresponsible, aggressive, dumb, primitive, violent.

On 06/09/2017 at 11:49 AM, FylkirKarl said:

What are the traits of those that possess the "Wolfs Blood" in House Stark? We've had three characters mentioned that are said to have wolfs blood, and those are Brandon Stark (Son of Rickard Stark), Lyanna Stark (Daughter of Rickard Stark), and Arya Stark (Daughter of Eddard Stark). These three characters have multiple similarities with them both being willful and having bad tempers with Brandon charging into the Red Keep to demand Rhaegars death, Lyanna beating up squires bullying Howland Reed, and with Arya hating anything lady like, and being against it, similar to how Brandon was carefree and Lyanna may or may not of ran off with Rhaegar despite being bethrothed and him married. What are some other traits?

Ned has the wolf blood too, though I'm not sure he's aware of it. There are a couple of moments in the style of 'his wroth was upon him' - which I thought were a bit out of character at the time (cuddly old Ned, after all). Now though, looking back on his complete story, he's definitely got it.

• Taking on Arthur Dayne in single combat, to the death, and winning.
  • Absolutely barking mad ideas like critisising baby Rickon for being a little afraid of the direwolf pups. Quote: 'He must learn to face his fears. He will not be three forever..."
  • And that business about Ashara Dayne:
    • This is what Cat says of her teenage self: - 'It had taken her a fortnight to marshal her courage, but finally, in bed one night, Catelyn had asked her husband the truth of it, asked him to his face'.
    • Fair enough you would have thought. This is the reaction she got: - 'That was the only time in all their years that Ned had ever frightened her.' 
    • Good grief, Ned, is that any way to treat your very young bride who is lonely and upset, and in no way to blame for this situation?

Ned's children all have wolves which confuses things a bit, but Rob seems to have a moment of uncontrollable rage when Tyrion returns from the Wall; Sansa is usually very timid but has inexplicable outbursts of courage and defiance; even Bran flared up against the wildlings and again against the Frey boys.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 4:19 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

Yes if Roose follows the mold of the hunter who keeps trophies of the animals he killed. 

On 11/6/2017 at 10:31 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Does that mean Robb too would make a fine cloak for a religious Bolton man?  He's also holy.

Robb had a holier-than-thou attitude. 

On 11/4/2017 at 1:58 PM, Springwatch said:

Ned has the wolf blood too, though I'm not sure he's aware of it. There are a couple of moments in the style of 'his wroth was upon him' - which I thought were a bit out of character at the time (cuddly old Ned, after all). Now though, looking back on his complete story, he's definitely got it.

• Taking on Arthur Dayne in single combat, to the death, and winning.
  • Absolutely barking mad ideas like critisising baby Rickon for being a little afraid of the direwolf pups. Quote: 'He must learn to face his fears. He will not be three forever..."
  • And that business about Ashara Dayne:
    • This is what Cat says of her teenage self: - 'It had taken her a fortnight to marshal her courage, but finally, in bed one night, Catelyn had asked her husband the truth of it, asked him to his face'.
    • Fair enough you would have thought. This is the reaction she got: - 'That was the only time in all their years that Ned had ever frightened her.' 
    • Good grief, Ned, is that any way to treat your very young bride who is lonely and upset, and in no way to blame for this situation?

Ned's children all have wolves which confuses things a bit, but Rob seems to have a moment of uncontrollable rage when Tyrion returns from the Wall; Sansa is usually very timid but has inexplicable outbursts of courage and defiance; even Bran flared up against the wildlings and again against the Frey boys.

Yeah they have quick tempers. 

I see a lot of Ned in Arya, certainly call backs to Ned from Jon.   Why all these hard qualities?  If wolf's blood is a metaphor for Stark personalities where is honesty, loyalty, resourcefulness and bravery in these lists?   I'm thinking wolf''s blood can't be all bad.  

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

I see a lot of Ned in Arya, certainly call backs to Ned from Jon.   Why all these hard qualities?  If wolf's blood is a metaphor for Stark personalities where is honesty, loyalty, resourcefulness and bravery in these lists?   I'm thinking wolf''s blood can't be all bad.  

It’s not all bad, it’s rather good as you point out, but that won’t get through to certain people. 

5 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

It can when "wolf's blood traits" is just a way to word it in order to disguise a Stark hate thread. :D

On 9/6/2017 at 8:09 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Arya looks like Lyanna, who is described as a "child-woman of surpassing loveliness". Arya Horseface is just a mean nickname, the type of nickname kids give one another. The other points are also silly and meaningless btw. 

That comment on Lyanna was from her brother who loved her extremely. I would say it is biased. Lyanna should be a pretty girl, but not a stricking beauty like Cersei or Ashara. 

7 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

That comment on Lyanna was from her brother who loved her extremely. I would say it is biased. Lyanna should be a pretty girl, but not a stricking beauty like Cersei or Ashara. 

Well, Robert seems to agree w/ Ned, and we don't have other opinions to weigh in. But this type of comparison doesn't really work for me. Ultimately, it comes down to taste and what someone considers attractive or not. 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:00 AM, The Fattest Leech said:

It’s not all bad, it’s rather good as you point out, but that won’t get through to certain people. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:50 AM, kissdbyfire said:

It can when "wolf's blood traits" is just a way to word it in order to disguise a Stark hate thread. :D

I didn't know people were still ruining everything with stupid hate threads.   I should have known better.   

11 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

Lyanna can look similar to Arya but they're not identical.  So while Lyanna might not be unattractive, it doesn't mean that the same can be said of Arya.  

Archived