One last big twist in Season 8?

btfu806

First, it may not be the correct term to call it a "twist" since generally it has to do with people dying. But anyway, this show has been full of "twists," such as the Red Wedding or R+L=J (which of course we all knew but not "officially) or Stannis sacrificing Shireen (debatable if it will happen in the books). I  have seen on the boards a few people mention their "one last big twist" and I was wondering what you all think that one last big one will be?

My two guesses would be that either Bran is really the Night's King (in some crazy convoluted way that I can't speculate this early in the morning) 

or

Dany has to sacrifice either her child for the throne (probably won't happen) or the throne for her child (more likely).

What do you all think will happen as that one last big twist?

28 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

The last big twist of Season 8 will be that this series actually get's a somewhat happy ending. No one saw that coming. :D

HA! wouldn't that be great.... Everyone gets a super happy/sappy type ending haha.

The only shocking twists I can think of are:

- The White Walkers winning

or

- Cersei winning

Neither will happen though. The show is on course for a very bland, predictable ending. I expect Daenerys and Bran will both die, allowing the show producers to claim that it's not a straight up happy ending. I wouldn't call this shocking though, and it would only be a tiny bit more satisfying than all of the good guys surviving.

38 minutes ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Plot twist: turns out, before Aegon the Conqueror came to Westeros, a Targaryen had sex with the common ancestor of pretty almost all the great Westerosi houses, so actually everyone's a Targaryen :)

Haha I like that one as well.

37 minutes ago, Khorkalba said:

The only shocking twists I can think of are:

- The White Walkers winning

or

- Cersei winning

Neither will happen though. The show is on course for a very bland, predictable ending. I expect Daenerys and Bran will both die, allowing the show producers to claim that it's not a straight up happy ending. I wouldn't call this shocking though, and it would only be a tiny bit more satisfying than all of the good guys surviving.

Yeah I assume as far as big twists though, it will probably be tons of deaths or something along those lines. But I can see the show go with a more "happy ending" type.

I definitely think if there is a big twist, it should be about the White Walkers and what their plan is.  That being said, I'm not sure I see the show really going into detail about the White Walkers so it's probably just a crazy death like one of the Starks.

Big twist?

1. Maybe the end of the war between the WWs and humans. I cannot imagine any sort of truce with a non-speaking entity / force of nature like the NK. 

2. Tyrion on the Throne?

3. Dany and "Jon" happy?

4. Actual democracy in Westeros? 

5. All the dragons die and there restores the "balance" of power, so all magical entities lose their magic. WWs then head back to the land of always winter without a truce or victory?

6. The WWs actually take over the entirety of planetos-Essos...we see you over there...you're not completely safe.

7. The hound kills the mountain with fire?

8. Arya and Gendry sit the Throne?

11 hours ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Plot twist: turns out, before Aegon the Conqueror came to Westeros, a Targaryen had sex with the common ancestor of pretty almost all the great Westerosi houses, so actually everyone's a Targaryen :)

Few people know that, in his lifetime, Aenar the Exile was more commonly called Aenar the Sex Tourist. And, while everyone knows about his famous lost book Signs and Portents, consisting of the visions and predictions of his daughter, most forget that he also wrote Threads of Desire, a loose translation of an illustrated sex manual his son brought back from Leng.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

A plot twist I just thought about but hate is that Dany actually can't get pregnant. As a result when she finds out Jon is Aegon she breaks off the relationship so that he can have kids and carry on their line.

That would be tragic. Dany becoming Aunt Dany, taking care of Jon's kids and it would be forgotten that she once had a promising career.

7 hours ago, A man has no name said:

6. The WWs actually take over the entirety of planetos-Essos...we see you over there...you're not completely safe.

About this. Unless there is some land bridge we don't see, How the hell do WW get to Essos? Boats? Perhaps, but if that were the case then why not take a boat around the wall?

Perhaps I need to take a break from here because the more I did, the more fishy this entire plot seems.I'm feeling like the story would be better without the Others involved. Just a huge civil war, lots of deaths and backstabbing, and a broken country left in the ashes. The ultimate "War is bad M'kay" story.

13 hours ago, btfu806 said:

HA! wouldn't that be great.... Everyone gets a super happy/sappy type ending haha.

1. Daeny and Jon get married and have a baby.

2. The WW explain that they just want humans to stay South of the wall and let them chill.

3. Cersei gives up the throne, marries Jaime and becomes Lady of the rock.

4. Tormund and Brienne adopt Baby bear.

5. Sansa takes over Winterfel and has Arya as he main bodyguard. 

6. Sam gets the Reach with Gilly.

7. Bran plays in the woods with his tree friends and wargs into random folks banging.

8. Bronn gets his "fookin castle"

2 minutes ago, MrJay said:

About this. Unless there is some land bridge we don't see, How the hell do WW get to Essos? Boats? Perhaps, but if that were the case then why not take a boat around the wall?

Perhaps I need to take a break from here because the more I did, the more fishy this entire plot seems.I'm feeling like the story would be better without the Others involved. Just a huge civil war, lots of deaths and backstabbing, and a broken country left in the ashes. The ultimate "War is bad M'kay" story.

Night King can just fly over on Viserion and begin raising dead people in Essos where they don't burn bodies

4 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Night King can just fly over on Viserion and begin raising dead people in Essos where they don't burn bodies

But before that? This means that his entire plan rested on Daeny having baby dragons and then choosing to come and offer one up to him on a silly suicide mission.

Basically, unless there was some other way he had in mind, this guy basically predicted the future. And if he can predict the future, what hope do the good guys even have?

1 minute ago, MrJay said:

But before that? This means that his entire plan rested on Daeny having baby dragons and then choosing to come and offer one up to him on a silly suicide mission.

Basically, unless there was some other way he had in mind, this guy basically predicted the future. And if he can predict the future, what hope do the good guys even have?

I think that is a good question. Would the Night King have found a way around the wall or was his whole plan dependent on Jon Snow continuing to need a woman to save him. 

If the Night King can predict the future theory is true, the solution would have to be Bran doing battle with the Night King on the psycic plane as Benjen suggested in season 6. Even if there was another way around, Bran will probably sill have to do battle with him some how otherwise what was Benjen even talking about

Archived