Worst lines of dialogue in the show?

Reginald blackfield

This is a list of what I think are the worst lines of dialogue in the show, most of these however, end up being good because they are so bad:

1- "His name is Aegon Targaryen"

2- "You need the bad pussy"

3- "Poisoned by his enemies"

4- Varys saying Mhysa is High Valyrian for mother

5- Myrcella being glad to have been born of incest

6- "I'll burn their cities to the ground if they touch her" (Cities in Dorne?)

7- "It's pussy for me"

8- "Jon Snow avenged the red wedding" (Did he?)

9- "A finger in the bum?"

10- "You on the other hand, you murdered your own father (says the man who threatened to kill his own son and sided with a woman who killed two of her relatives) and chose to support a foreign queen. One with no ties to this nation(?)"

What are the worst lines of dialogue in your opinion.

This is not even a contest. It's bad pussy hands down. That was a line I just could not imagine someone saying no matter how much Tyene was a female version of her father and one that immediately threw me out of the story. They should pull a George Lucas release a special edition of that episode and eliminate all traces of that line.

Pretty excellent list you've got there already @Reginald blackfield.  I really didn't care for Cersei's little speech to Septa Unella before her torture session - the whole "it feels good" segment.  Tyrion's S6 happy fun time with Grey Worm and Missandei was terrible too ("I drink and I know things").  Brienne breaking up Davos confronting Melisandre to talk shit about killing Stannis was awful.  And Davos' "uh, hey you red witch who I've distrusted and hated from the jump, the boys were wondering if you had a bit of magic to bring back Jon Snow, who I literally have had one conversation ever with."

4 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Pretty excellent list you've got there already @Reginald blackfield.  I really didn't care for Cersei's little speech to Septa Unella before her torture session - the whole "it feels good" segment.  Tyrion's S6 happy fun time with Grey Worm and Missandei was terrible too ("I drink and I know things").  Brienne breaking up Davos confronting Melisandre to talk shit about killing Stannis was awful.  And Davos' "uh, hey you red witch who I've distrusted and hated from the jump, the boys were wondering if you had a bit of magic to bring back Jon Snow, who I literally have had one conversation ever with."

To be fair, the Cersei speech was fairly consistent with her character.

Anything the Sand Snakes said was pretty cringe worthy. 

Also, the constant dick jokes in season 7 were just over the top. Can't believe people are trying to have philosophical discussions about cocks. Better writers may have been able to pull it off, D&D are not those writers.

On 9/12/2017 at 0:32 PM, MinscS2 said:

"You need the bad pussy" is the only line in this show that actually made me cringe irl the first time I heard it.

This. It's the only truly awful line (in its own right). The whole Dorne storyline was pretty bad. Other storylines are weak too, such as the silliness of going beyond the wall with several of the most important individuals in Westeros simply to try and convince someone who would never care was pretty bad but none of its individual lines were particularly bad, in fact some of the banter was quite good.

Cocks jokes in the proximity of eunuchs may be funny once...maybe even twice...then become a crime against intelligent writing.

I deleted "bad poosy" from my mind. But the entire Dorne was awful, so one more awful line is not so weird, while the same, repetitive joke about cocks and cockless people come from characters that used to have better dialogue.

20 hours ago, Kytheros said:

To be fair, the Cersei speech was fairly consistent with her character.

Sure, but I found it to be an unnecessary scene and really cringed with her talking about her relationship with Jaime in that speech - it made it as if Cersei was confessing to a true and twisted love with Jaime which isn't at all right.  If she had been like "I fucked my cousin behind my brother's back because it felt good" that would have been more acceptable to me.

22 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Mamma!

Oh gosh I fast forwarded through this scene when rewatching the episode.

8 hours ago, SeanF said:

Yara Greyjoy

"I'm going to fuck the tits off this one."

This was pretty awful too.

Archived