(Spoilers) - The War makes no sense

Tyrion1991

7 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

It's odd that civilian legacy matters in one part of Weisseroff (the North) but not another (KL), but as we've come to agree, D & D probably don't care at this point.

George Martin wrote "the North remembers," not "the South remembers" or "the middle remembers," so their hands are tied./s

On 20.09.2017 at 3:01 PM, SirArthur said:

Because again Ironborn ships are faster than Ironborn ships. Ths Unsullied most likely use another ship class and therefore have another route (hint hint, Dromons are not very stable at high sea, hint, hint)

Dany seized combined fleet of Great Masters of three slave cities. Yara brought to her less than 100 longships from Iron Fleet. Dany's own fleet is bigger than Yara's. Also her ships are bigger than Iron Fleet's. Only after combining those two fleets, they had enought ships to transport 100,000 of Dothraki and >8,000 of Unsullied.

Also there are at least three known kinds of Ironborn ships - Silence, basic longships with 100 oars, and 20 oars small ships.

On 20.09.2017 at 3:04 PM, jcmontea said:

its more than 6 months. Basically enough time had to have passed for Yara to sail from the iron islands to the bay of dragons. For Varys to have sailed from the bay of dragons to Dorne. Sailed back to the bay of dragons. Then back again. Maybe that is more than 6 months. 

Average speed of medieval ship - 5 knots. With good winds up to 8 knots. But with low wind 2-4. Though shortage of wind can be compensated with rowing. So lets take 5 knots as their speed. 5 knots is 5 nautical miles per hour.

From the Iron Islands to the Bay of Dragons - 6,387 nautical miles;

From the Bay of Dragons to Dorne, and back - 3,130 nautical miles (+3,130);

From the Bay of Dragons to Dragonstone - 4,171 nautical miles;

In total - 16,818.

So to sail that distance they will need 3,363.6 hours, or 140 days and 4 hours.

Six months is 182 days and 12 hours. So they will have 42 days and 8 hours left. Several out of those days they will use to make stops on the way, to replentish their supplies. Or not. Because longest out of those 4 trips (Yara's) lasted 53 days. Shortest (Varys') - 26 days there, and 26 days back. And Dany's to Dragonstone - a bit less than 35 days. 

There's no need to make a stop during 26 days trip, they can take enough food and water to last that long.

Yara's voyage was sudden, so before going to Essos, they stopped for a few days to buy supplies, somewhere on the west coast of Westeros. 1 day to buy + 1 day to load + 53 days on trip itself + they stopped in Volantis, probably for 2 days more = 57 days.

And Dany sailed with huge army, so during their 35 days long trip they had to stop for a few times. For example in Volantis, and then in Dorne. Stopped for 7 days at each location. Also to prepare for their trip they needed additional time, after Yara and Dany agreed to combine their fleet. 14 more days? Overall to relocate her troops from Essos to Westeros Dany needed 63 days.

In total that's (57 + 26 + 26 + 63) = 172 days. So there's still left ten and a half days more for negotiations between Varys, Olenna and Sands; and between Dany and Yara.

Reality is a stubborn thing, even if you don't believe in it, it won't change.

Between Euron's coronation and Dany's arrival to Dragonstone passed 6 months. And Euron build his 1,000 ships fleet in those 6 months.

On 20.09.2017 at 1:24 PM, MinscS2 said:

It takes much longer than 1 day for a lake to refreeze to the point that it would be able to carry the weigh of that many humans

Maybe on Earth that's so, but Planetos has different conditions. Their seasons last for years. While loooong winters did happened on our planet (glacial periods), 10 years long summer all over Earth is impossible.

On 20.09.2017 at 2:38 PM, Beardy the Wildling said:

Yeah, the 'Night King trap' honeypot actually makes sense.

To you, only what you like, makes sense, what you don't like, in your opinion, is ridiculous.

Those who claim that Night's King set a trap to kill a dragon, and use it later to break The Wall, think so only because they haven't realised that even without a dragon, there was a way for Undead Army to cross The Wall.

11 minutes ago, darmody said:

Jaime's quote makes the populace equivalent to the mob in the Simpsons, which sways back and forth on a whim. But that's a comedy, and Game of Thrones is supposed to be more serious. Anyway, they didn't always used to just go with whoever provided them with the best Highborn Brought Low entertainment. 

Why did they turn on Joffrey, who brought them fabulous entertainment by beheading Ned. 

They turned on Joffrey when they were hungry and pissed because there was an army that was going to attack them. The minute they were fed and Joffrey had a pretty queen on his arm they cheered him. Literally, in season 2 they attacked him and in season 3 they cheered him and his new queen. they have already been shown to be a fickle bunch. 

They hated Tyrion all along, whether he was ascendant or falling down. He didn't get any credit for bringing down Joffrey. (Whom he didn't kill, but they didn't know that.)

again. your assuming they didn't like Joffrey. But as the show showed in season 3 when they cheered him and Margery when they walked out of the Sept not sure that assumption holds. 

They didn't turn on Cersei after she killed the lowborn Sparrow and the People's Queen, Marge. She did kill a lot of highborns probably nobody liked, but they weren't cheering the deaths of Mace Tyrell or Kevan Lannister, because who cares? No one was cheering in the streets because "Ooh, pretty explosion!" At least we can thank the show for not making the common folk that stupid. 

this makes no sense. your comparing an explosion of a building with a triumph/ parade. two very different things. 

It required Rock Star Euron bringing in Ellaria, which I guess makes sense that people would cheer, absent any other information. Because Euron just won a victory and maybe Myrcella is fondly remembered. But it's all being done for Cersei, whom they had no reason to cheer and plenty reason to boo in the meantime.

Unless it's a Behind the Music sorta thing, and the crowds love a rise-fall-rise story. But then we're back to them being fickle morons. Because I don't remember the Behind the Music where Meat Loaf got caught eating human baby at a Satanic ritual, then released Bat Out of Hell II and everyone loved him again.

they are fickle morons. that was already established in season 3 as i mentioned above. 

You may argue crowds in real life are fickle like that, but they aren't, really. We like to drag people's names through the mud then give them a "comeback," yes. But Cersei shouldn't be able to come back from blowing up the Sept. Especially considering she apparently didn't suffer from it in popular opinion in the meantime. 

actually, crowds in real life are fickle and respond to the latest news or the most recent events. that is why recency bias is a thing. we respond to what is new, to what our minds can easily retrieve, and to how we feel in a given moment. 

that is one reason why approval ratings for politicians can very so much. its a what have you done for me lately world. 

13 minutes ago, darmody said:

George Martin wrote "the North remembers," not "the South remembers" or "the middle remembers," so their hands are tied./s

the north didn't remember anything in the show. the only people that remembered were the starks and that old lady who was flayed. 

21 minutes ago, Megorova said:

True ruler wouldn't be afraid to dismiss someone who is a mere administrator.

...He can. Because he appointed people loyal to him to all government posts. Nearly all court officials were his people, and not King's people. So he was the one who really ruled over 7K, while Aerys was just a figurehead.

If that's true, why did Tywin retreat to Casterly Rock after Aerys wouldn't marry Cersei to his son and appointed Jaime to the Kingsguard? Why did Tywin sit out the rebellion until it was clear Robert's side would win, then sack King's Landing only to turn the throne over to Robert? Sure, his daughter got to be queen, but he had to wait another generation for Lannister blood to be king. In the meantime, Jon Arryn took his old position. And though Tywin kept the reigns on by loaning the crown money, he stayed in Casterly Rock, far from the seat of power.

Tywin had to wait another 20 years after already being king, according to you, to watch his daughter get the family mired in another civil war before he settled in the capital again as Hand to rule. This time with his double-grandson as figurehead king. Seems an awful lot of bother. What was the point? Why not just say out loud, "I'm the king, you idiots. Now shut up and do what I say, and we'll all be happy."

Maybe because he wasn't actually king, and the rest of the kingdoms wouldn't have abided his usurping a 300 year-old dynasty. Though they did abide Robert doing so, for the most part. (Not Balon Greyjoy, but screw him ) 

On 20.09.2017 at 3:04 PM, jcmontea said:

- its not actually 1000 ships. Euron is not a literal guy who is all about precision and he is just being figurative and  build me a 1000 ships just means build me a lot of damn ships and i have 1000 ships just means i have a lot of damm ships. There could be some prescedent for this. Some contemporary sources claim the Persian navy in ancient times was ~1200 ships. Yet a lot of modern scholars are super skeptical and think its more in the 300-600 range (i forget the exact number). Also, there are people who just talk and chuck numbers out of their ass and if there is anyone on the show who looks like the type its euron greyjoy. 

There was 1207 ships in Persian Fleet in 480 BC.

There was 1000 ships in fleet of Song dynasty of China during, or maybe it was after, Mongolian invasion.

Henry something ... something... don't remember ... something about war between France and England. He had 1500 ships. Though part of them he hired.

In books it says that combined fleet of Iron Islands is 500 ships. And their fleet is third biggest after Royal fleet of KL, and Arbor's fleet.

24 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

They turned on Joffrey when they were hungry and pissed because there was an army that was going to attack them. The minute they were fed and Joffrey had a pretty queen on his arm they cheered him. Literally, in season 2 they attacked him and in season 3 they cheered him and his new queen. they have already been shown to be a fickle bunch. 

I suppose no one knows an invading force with a giant navy, Dothraki, Unsullied, and three dragons is  a stone's throw away. I kinda thought part of the reason they cheered Rockstar Euron was because his prisoners were part of the force intent on invading them. No one cared in the meantime because...Cersei 's got this, y'all? The monkey imp will secretly protect us?

Food isn't a problem for King's Landing this season, I suppose, though winter has arrived and a dragon burned much of the supply being brought in from Highgarden. Which Cersei seemed to think was important. But I guess no one in King's Landing heard of the giant Dothraki/dragon battle a hop, skip, and jump away from King's Landing. (Monument Valley being just outside the city walls.)

No one was nervous in the meantime, though they had no idea the Dragon Queen was too busy investigating reports of zombies more than a thousand miles away to touch the capital city two miles away. 

I think it's fairly clear the crowd was cheering for Marge, not Joffrey. Joff got some of the reflected glow. Cersei hasn't been shown doing PR legwork like Marge, and Marge wasn't pre-hated like Cersei. I don't know how much Cersei can benefit from the reflected glow off Rockstar Euron, the way Joffrey did off Marge. 

Oh, and by the way Cersei murdered the one they cheered in spite of Joffrey. Yet they didn't seem to have a problem with Cersei before Rockstar Euron showed up to revive her reputation. 

36 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Maybe on Earth that's so, but Planetos has different conditions. Their seasons last for years. While loooong winters did happened on our planet (glacial periods), 10 years long summer all over Earth is impossible.

To you, only what you like, makes sense, what you don't like, in your opinion, is ridiculous.

Those who claim that Night's King set a trap to kill a dragon, and use it later to break The Wall, think so only because they haven't realised that even without a dragon, there was a way for Undead Army to cross The Wall.

Didn't say I believed the Night King Trap honeypot, nor that I even like the idea (frankly it's a lazy excuse, even if it is plausible, because the real reason for the wight hunt and UnViserion happening is obviously for the spectacle-ridden falling of the wall) just that it's plausible. Because the Night King is supernatural, ill-defined, and honestly could have any trait we fucking want. The bits which stretch plausibility are where there's been clearly defined limits, either established in-universe or when something has previously worked like reality. But I like that you're getting feisty with me now.

Let the butthurt flow through you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/67/e7/c767e7eba8b22491e77ff2d59a046aeb.jpg

Also, note how generally, the theories I propose (if you can even call them theories) are 'D & D want us to take whatever's on screen at face value, and they just didn't think about it'. That's what I believe. And do you honestly think I like believing that the best explanation for what was once one of my favourite programs' nonsensical events all being cynical, Doylist explanations? I assure you, I'm strongly opinionated, but not in favour of what I like.

35 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Also there are at least three known kinds of Ironborn ships - Silence, basic longships with 100 oars, and 20 oars small ships.

Because the show only uses 3 assets ? Because ships weren't build for a large time under industrial conditions there are no two ships that are the same. Even the blueprinted classes like the french 74 ended in different states. And before that there weren't even blueprints.   

On 20.09.2017 at 3:11 PM, jcmontea said:

It was just this guy has been around and alive for 8000 freaking years.

Maybe not. So far we don't know much about WW in books. In GOT Children showed to Bran how they created NK. Was it specifically stated there that that scene happened thousands years ago? I don't remember, but I think it wasn't. What she said is that they created him to stop humans. Maybe NK of first Long Night was defeated and killed. And this NK was created by Children only 30-50 years ago. Which explains why no one saw WW for thousands years. Wildlings moved too far into Childrens territory, so Children created this NK. They wanted to use him to chase away humans, but he started to kill them. And then Children were horrified by what they created, and tried to stop him. But he rebelled against them and offed many of them too. Then their magic became weaker, because their numbers diminished. So NK was able to move closer to The Wall. Eventually he met Craster, and made an agreement with him to take his sons in exange for his safety. Those White children grew for 20 or so years, and then NK sent them to hunt people. At this point of time Manse Reider became aware of WW existance, but no one in Nights Watch believed him. So he left NW, went to wildlings, and for the next 15 years was gathering their tribes.

Maybe NK is only 80 years old, and oldest WW are 50 years old. Not all of them have beards. Their hair is white, so if some of them have long white beards, it still doesn't mean that they are THAT old, that their hair became white because of their age. 

10 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Maybe not. So far we don't know much about WW in books. In GOT Children showed to Bran how they created NK. Was it specifically stated there that that scene happened thousands years ago? I don't remember, but I think it wasn't. What she said is that they created him to stop humans. Maybe NK of first Long Night was defeated and killed. And this NK was created by Children only 30-50 years ago. Which explains why no one saw WW for thousands years. Wildlings moved too far into Childrens territory, so Children created this NK. They wanted to use him to chase away humans, but he started to kill them. And then Children were horrified by what they created, and tried to stop him. But he rebelled against them and offed many of them too. Then their magic became weaker, because their numbers diminished. So NK was able to move closer to The Wall. Eventually he met Craster, and made an agreement with him to take his sons in exange for his safety. Those White children grew for 20 or so years, and then NK sent them to hunt people. At this point of time Manse Reider became aware of WW existance, but no one in Nights Watch believed him. So he left NW, went to wildlings, and for the next 15 years was gathering their tribes.

Maybe NK is only 80 years old, and oldest WW are 50 years old. Not all of them have beards. Their hair is white, so if some of them have long white beards, it still doesn't mean that they are THAT old, that their hair became white because of their age. 

See, this is a plausible point of yours. Assuming D & D thought of lots of longboat building logistics so Euron's 1000-ship army is just about possible if a viewer's generous with time scales and man-power instead of the more plausible 'there isn't 1000' or 'D & D just want you to take it at face value and not think' theories for Euron's fleet, as well as assuming that there are multiple Silence models, isn't plausible. But noting that we know jack shit about the Night King as he's not even in the books in his show form, as well as the fact the WWs are ill-defined in book and show, so we can't adequately attribute foresight, age, or, well, anything to him is perfectly valid.

And for once, not desperate-sounding in the slightest. While I must admit, I find your personality, especially your condescension, a little annoying, I'm not here just to shit on all your ideas. Though most of the time that is pretty fun :P

35 minutes ago, darmody said:

I suppose no one knows an invading force with a giant navy, Dothraki, Unsullied, and three dragons is  a stone's throw away. I kinda thought part of the reason they cheered Rockstar Euron was because his prisoners were part of the force intent on invading them. No one cared in the meantime because...Cersei 's got this, y'all? The monkey imp will secretly protect us?

that is very possible. although we don't have direct evidence of that is a reasonable inference. we do have direct evidence of them being a fickle bunch as Jaime and Euron discuss and as we have seen in prior years. 

Food isn't a problem for King's Landing this season, I suppose, though winter has arrived and a dragon burned much of the supply being brought in from Highgarden. Which Cersei seemed to think was important. But I guess no one in King's Landing heard of the giant Dothraki/dragon battle a hop, skip, and jump away from King's Landing. (Monument Valley being just outside the city walls.)

i am sure next year it will be. 

No one was nervous in the meantime, though they had no idea the Dragon Queen was too busy investigating reports of zombies more than a thousand miles away to touch the capital city two miles away. 

could have been nervous. we just didn't get a window into that since this is a story that focuses on characters and their pov's and is not interested in showing us how the small folk respond to things except for when it impacts those pov's. 

I think it's fairly clear the crowd was cheering for Marge, not Joffrey. Joff got some of the reflected glow. Cersei hasn't been shown doing PR legwork like Marge, and Marge wasn't pre-hated like Cersei. I don't know how much Cersei can benefit from the reflected glow off Rockstar Euron, the way Joffrey did off Marge. 

yes. but that is what i said. they attacked Joffrey and the second he gets a pretty queen that the people like they cheer him as if they forgot that they had attacked him previously. they are a fickle bunch. if you don't want to accept that ok. but that is something the show has shown. people are fickle. 

Oh, and by the way Cersei murdered the one they cheered in spite of Joffrey. Yet they didn't seem to have a problem with Cersei before Rockstar Euron showed up to revive her reputation. 

On 20.09.2017 at 6:14 PM, Zapho said:

- King's Landing to Dragonstone by Sea is about 400 miles.

460 ~ 400 nautical miles

- The entire route from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock is about 3.000 to 4.000 miles

4000 ~ 3476 nautical miles

- Average mileage for medieval sailing ships is about 160 miles a day with immense differences because of weather, ship type and skill of the crew. Lets say the Unsullied traveled 3.500 miles at 160 miles a day. They were on sea for 22 days.

Average speed of medieval sailing ships is 5 knots, 5 nautical miles per hour.

120 nautical, or 138 land miles per day. 3876 ~ 775 ~ 32 days.

54 minutes ago, Megorova said:

There was 1207 ships in Persian Fleet in 480 BC.

There was 1000 ships in fleet of Song dynasty of China during, or maybe it was after, Mongolian invasion.

Henry something ... something... don't remember ... something about war between France and England. He had 1500 ships. Though part of them he hired.

In books it says that combined fleet of Iron Islands is 500 ships. And their fleet is third biggest after Royal fleet of KL, and Arbor's fleet.

There are historians that dispute that figure for the Persian Navy.

but regardless i don't doubt that there could be navies that big. I just doubt one can be built in 6 months. 

5 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

There are historians that dispute that figure for the Persian Navy.

but regardless i don't doubt that there could be navies that big. I just doubt one can be built in 6 months. 

Especially by a group as fluctuating in competence as the Show!Ironborn (even if, as Megarova said, they're completely stripped of any culture outside of ship-building and using said ships to reave)

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

Maybe not. So far we don't know much about WW in books. In GOT Children showed to Bran how they created NK. Was it specifically stated there that that scene happened thousands years ago? I don't remember, but I think it wasn't. What she said is that they created him to stop humans. Maybe NK of first Long Night was defeated and killed. And this NK was created by Children only 30-50 years ago. 

The flashback was clearly meant to show the original creation of White Walkers by the Children, and the guy they used ended up being the Night King. Their invention backfired, leading to the near-extinction of both the Children and mankind. 

What possible purpose could there have been to creating White Walkers all over again 50 years ago? When the Children already knew how dangerous they are to Children, and they weren't actively at war with men anymore. And why was the ground un-winterfied? I was under the impression the White Walker creation ceremony we're shown was at the same tree at which Bran studied under the Raven guy. Even if it wasn't, what were Children doing south of the Wall 50 years ago, and how did the Night King get to the other side of the Wall?

Nevermind all that. Why would the show trick us into believing we were being shown the original creation, when in fact we weren't? What would be the point? The showrunners are nasty people in your imagination. 

54 minutes ago, darmody said:

The flashback was clearly meant to show the original creation of White Walkers by the Children, and the guy they used ended up being the Night King. Their invention backfired, leading to the near-extinction of both the Children and mankind. 

What possible purpose could there have been to creating White Walkers all over again 50 years ago? When the Children already knew how dangerous they are to Children, and they weren't actively at war with men anymore. And why was the ground un-winterfied? I was under the impression the White Walker creation ceremony we're shown was at the same tree at which Bran studied under the Raven guy. Even if it wasn't, what were Children doing south of the Wall 50 years ago, and how did the Night King get to the other side of the Wall?

Nevermind all that. Why would the show trick us into believing we were being shown the original creation, when in fact we weren't? What would be the point? The showrunners are nasty people in your imagination. 

I'm perfectly willing to believe that even though the Children's creation of the WW in the flashback was meant to be the first white walker, as the primary aim of the reveal was the WWs' origins rather than the NK in particular, that the first white walker isn't the current Night King, but once again, while it's plausible, there is the obvious thing to consider: What do D & D intend to portray?

I think the NK could be young or old, either argument's plausible, but if I were to bet money, I'd say he's meant to be the first one, the one shown in the flashback. As desperate as Megarova tries to claim otherwise, D & D aren't masterful artists of subversion; if the clichéd route presents itself, that's probably the route D & D are going down.

But I will defend Megarova by saying that the fact we don't know jack shit about the NK means that our current NK could be part of a succession. The fact WWs come from Craster's babies in the show implies that they do age in the show 'verse, to... a degree. We just don't know if it ends in death and thus a need for a WW succession.

On 20.09.2017 at 6:29 PM, Zapho said:

The ice spears he had ready indicate that the trap was more specific though.

It indicates NOTHING. He had spears. All the rest is just assumptions. Why should someone's assumptions be considered as a canon? Just because?

He had those spears to kill giants, mamonth, direwolfs, polar bears or other big creatures.

At least THIS assumption is more legit, than the posibility that NK knew about Dany and her dragons, and thus prepared several spears specifically to kill them.

On 20.09.2017 at 6:33 PM, Zapho said:

I don't think it is. Even with the war going on, someone would have noticed and stopped it. Plus the whole thing could not have been planned that far ahead and Euron was busy building ships.

I meant that he build that channel when he was in exile. He himself wasn't there, he just ordered his people to dug it. Also I counted wrong, channel's lenght needs to be only 112 miles, not 200. Either he dugged that channel, or he didn't even need to. He just discovered that those two rivers connected to each other. With each passing year the sea cuts more and more into the shore, thus both of those rivers were becoming longer and longer. Though probably out of those 112 miles, at least 2/3 were 'cut' by Wendwater river. Also that river flowes thru the midle of Kingswood forest, 130 miles away from Roseroad that leads to KL. People don't wonder that deep into that forest. So if under coverage of that forest, those two rivers do connect, people can discover it only by chance. Maybe during his exile Euron just went on a fishing trip on Wendwater, and totally accidentally made this discovery.

Though it's just my speculation, something that can be possible.

On 20.09.2017 at 7:52 PM, jcmontea said:

never really explained Arwyin and why she was sick, never explained what the hell those eagles were about....

She was sick because elves are magical creatures that draw their life force from nature, or rather natural magic. When Saruman and someone at Mordor (or wherever. I'm not an expert in LotR, don't remember all their names or locations) created more and more orks and other dark creatures, their existence polluted world. And natural magic diminished.

According to legends and mythology, elves, fairies, dragons, gnomes, magicians and other magical creatures ceased to exist because world/planet was becoming more and more polluted, magic disappeared, and thus all magical creatures lost source of their life force, and eventually died.

When world became polluted all good magical creatures became weaker. And Arwen was dying because she shared her life force with Frodo. In that csene near river, when she spoke to her ancestors, or spirits of nature (or something like that), and then when Frodo saw everything turning white, it was because Arwen's energy engulfed him. Then when he woke up in elf city, he was cured.

She shared her life force with Frodo, and she was drained. Thus she became more vulnerable to evil energy that saturated world after Sauron's return. Furthermore natural magic in those lands was becoming weaker and weaker. That's why other elfs were going to sail away to some distant lands where there's more pure magic. But she decided to stay. And the longer she stayed, the weaker she was becoming. Eventually she became mortal. At that moment Aragorn had a dream-vision that showed to him that Arwen became mortal - that's when in his vision, little boy run to him, this scene implied that the boy is their son, and next scene showed to him that Arwen is dead (it was a premonition). So even when the Ring was destoryed she nevertheless stayed mortal, because damage caused to her by evil was too great to reverse. She left her people, and married with Aragorn, because she became mortal. Prior that they were reluctant about their relationship. Because she was immortal and he was a mere human. So she didn't wanted to see him growing old and dying, living her alone. Elves are not entirely immortal, they can be killed, and they grow older and old, and eventually they die, but unlike humans, they live thousands or even tens of thousands years. Same as dragons, mermainds, and other magical beings.

Or it was Aragorn himself who was reluctant about accepting her feelings. Because he didn't wanted to cause her pain. And her father didn't wanted them to be together, because he cared for her, and didn't wanted his only daugher to become widow, and mourn her deceased mortal husband for millenias after his death.

Eagles were Gendalf's friends, he said on screen something among those lines. When he was imprisoned by Saruman, he sent a moth (he spoke to it) to Eagles to call them for help. And during final battle they also joined Good Co. They were fighting against those ugly dragons. And when the battle was over, Gendalf sent them to look for Frodo and Sam.

Archived