Movie vs Final Season

On 16/9/2017 at 9:19 AM, ShadowKitteh said:

I get why they cut the Sansa/Bran scene, regarding Littlefinger. It made for fun surprises, but also didn't show us exactly how close to mastering it he is.

LF plot was ridiculous. Poorly written and executed. Fun surprise you say but the moment you see Bran sitting in that room you knew what was going to happen. So I really don't see the surprise there. 

Having said that, Bran was used as a plot device in season 7 and that was a pitty. Instead of just using him to give us info. about Rhaegar&Lyanna, and helping clueless Sansa with LF, they could've use him to give us more info about his new role as a 3-eyed raven and what's to come. I'm not saying give us major spoiler but some teasing at least, like they did in season 6 with him. I don't know, explain the patterns made by the Other that we have been seeing since season 1, for example? Tell us more about how they "reproduce"and how many are they? Instead they just confused us with this "turned" thing they showed in "Beyond the Wall" episode, with the wights. The worse part is that I don't thing that's a real thing either. They just used that as a one time thing only cause they desperately need a plot armour for a retarted idea to begin with. I had no complains till episode 5, which was a filler really, but with episode 6 and 7 everything went down south. The only scenes I save in the last 3 episode are Theon&Jon scene in the last episode, the wall coming down and Jon's cute butt. :P Lmao

Seriously though, visually speaking everything was beautiful, as usual. Episode 6 was fantastic to watch from that POV, but narratively speaking it sucked. So did the whole WF plotline. I would've never thought possible to make me feel cringeworthy watching anything that has to do with WF. Not even when the psyco Ramsay was running it. But they manage to do this with the Starks controlling it. It started since season 6, with the fake conflict between Sansa and Jon and ending it with LF trial. They better wake up and give their best for season 8. It doesn't matter that the first seasons were very good. The last one will affect them all.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Caterina Sforza said:

LF plot was ridiculous. Poorly written and executed. Fun surprise you say but the moment you see Bran sitting in that room you knew what was going to happen. So I really don't see the surprise there. 

If anything, the Bran/Sansa scene would have helped things made more sense. All she need do is knock on his door, go in and say, "I need to ask you something." Heck, even not show Bran. Just have her go in and say that to someone. We'd all know it was Bran but it would have helped the LF plot feel a little less disjointed.

Like many people here, the show really has suffered for the fact that Bran is so far ahead that he's practically just sitting there, twiddling his thumbs and doing nothing for a full series. He didn't need to get to grips with his powers - he just got to grips with them in an offseason and BOOM Instant-God.

Now, the only thing that is stopping to story's progression is the other characters being too stupid to utilise him. Together with many of the remaining characters starting to become more unlikable than likeable, it really had made the only emotion I truly felt this season was irritation and annoyance.

On 23/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Caterina Sforza said:

I had no complains till episode 5, which was a filler really, but with episode 6 and 7 everything went down south.

Yep, that's pretty much how I felt. The first episode was pretty weak, too, then it started to pick up between 2-3, then it peaked in episode four (my only complaint being that no one really died in that final battle). Then episode 5 happened and everything nosedived.

But pretty much all the truly memorable scenes came in episodes 2, 3 and 4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 8:12 AM, TRILOGY said:

Not a good deal at all, that's 550 minutes of actual plot and 20 minutes of bad jokes. 

This has been my main problem with Bronn's character. I just don't get it how many people are in love with him. Yeah, I understand funny but after a while it gets tiresome. He is nothing interesting or important to the story. He has served as plot armour for Jamie, only, and jokes. They had the chance to kill him off in Ep. 4 and they still didn't. Bah...I'll never understand.

Final season by far. Though I am cynical about most of Hollywood movies nowadays. I haven't seen a really good movie in a while, so I don't have much faith in Hollywood. But that's me being me.

Though I just want to rant about one thing, since it was brought up before a little. If the show just has Bran be a giant exposition for the rest of the series, I will never forgive this show. I don't see GRRM writing him to just be exposition in the last two books and honestly, that's all he has been since leaving the North. He better freaking do something in the end or be important for some reason. I don't agree with the NK time travel theory with Bran, but I would be much happier if they did that vs nothing. Or really almost any theory out there is better than him just doing nothing.

Archived