Which characters will be killed in TWOW?

KL: Tommen,  Myrcella,  Alaya, Chataya, Mace,  Loras,  margarey,  High Sparrow, Lancel.

Riverlands:  brienne, Rollin and the kuds she will have (I think the are twins)  and many freys. 

North:  Bowan Marsh, mance,  Ramsay, roose,  theon, gilly 's baby, Shireen, jojen ( I think that jojen already died).

The Vale: Robert arryn. 

And of course, Aeron and Jon con. It's likely more people will die, but I don't have idea about other characters. 

• 4 weeks later...

in the north:

Stannis, Ramsey, Roose, Walda, one of the umbers and maybe Shireen, her mother, melisandre and rickon

Vale:

Harry (in the tourney) or sweetrobin (somehow) and maybe littlefinger (outsmarted by sansa)

KL:

Tommen (poisoned), lancel (trial by combat), robert strong High sparrow and faith militant maybe Myrcella (or Rosamund as myrcella), cersei, and some tyrells

Stormlands:

JonCon. (greyscale)

Dorne:

Areo hotah, balon swann (both killed by Darkstar and obara)

Essos:

Hizdhar (killed by victarion)

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2017 at 9:35 PM, Queen Sansa Stark said:

Not the next book. There's an unique pattern whenever a Stark dies and it always happens during an uneven book. In book 1, 3 and 5 a Stark has died so naturally for the next Stark to die it will happen in the seventh book. Though in my opinion I don't see any Stark dying. 

I am not sure about Varys, but littlefinger will most definitely not die in the upcoming book. His demise will be in Winterfell. 

this is genius. i never post here but i was compelled to after reading this

Now, given that this is the book which deals with Winter "proper" it makes sense that it is the biggest blood bath.  Yet, I get the impression that, although we will get too see a lot of battle in page, the pace plot wise may be still slow in some ways.  The reason I think that is that George said that Dany and Tyrion, whose allegiance seems unavoidable at this point, will not even meet at the end (or until towards the end, I can't remember the exact quote) which, okay, seems to leave us with Dany wondering the Dothraki sea (obviously gaining something - to me this reminds me of the games books we used to play, well, in my teen year, where the hero gets capture or something but gains a valuable object or some such); here it seems to point to Dothraki allegiance.  Okay, digressing, sorry.  I think we will get to feel great desolation, to feel the cold, the hunger in the low born but also probably a lot of the high born.  With a title so centered on Winter, the overall mood has to be very somber indeed.

Kings Landing is going to change hands from Lannisters to Aegon, I wagger.  Aegon is a wild card. To me he has been too "overdescribed" as a perfect prince and someone used to living with the common people.  Whereas I don't think for a moment he is anything akin to Joffrey or Ramsay, I would not put it past him to get rid of Tommen and Myrcella if able to do so.  I don't believe he is the genuine item but I believe both him and Jon Con think so, so it would be conceivable that, even with him not being a total monster he had little qualms killing Lannisters just like Tywin was meant to have him killed alongside his siblings and mother...  Either that, or Tommen dies because of some scheme of Cersei gone arse up!

I am concentrating here on main characters because I am not very good at remembering everyone else lol and because the general casualties of war and winter are going to be huge.

Now, I was convinced Cersei was a goner a way back lol.  I may be influenced by the show, but even granting that the show wanted Lena in for as long as possible (and she is a lot of fun), I now get the hunch that she may linger till ADOS...  Now, the one thing that the minute I get my hands on the book, I am looking for is the resolution of the cliffhanger with Brie/Jaime/SH.  However this plays out, IMHO is very unlikely that either Brienne or Jaime die.  LSH has to be a satisfactory death and unless Arya gives her the gift (and I don't think she will reach Westeros in this book but could be wrong) unlikely, plus why would she kill her mother to save Jaime Lannister and companions of all people?  However, this character seems to have served her purpose; killing Freys and well showing us that blind revenge is no good lol.  Still, I think she is a plot device for Arya just as Penny is one for Tyrion.  They are both going to be make to look at themselves in the mirror and see some, a bit like themselves (with revenge as main goal in life, in Arya's case; with Tyrion, as someone with his condition but low born who in his mind appears to enjoy "being ridiculed for her condition for coin").  I see them both a s plot devices and when the real fight begins like most characters they are surplus to the plot.  So yes LSH and Penny will go.  I wish it was Arya that gave SH the "gift" but Nymeria and her pack could do nicely too.  I think Penny will die of a fever or something.  Whether he wants to admit it or not (apparently not) she has a huge crush on Tyrion and it would be poignant if she died sheltering him in battle or something but I think we cannot pile up any more trauma onto this character when his arc seems to be going up to his final state any way.

The Freys, hell yes especially Walder.  I don't think it will be Arya funnily enough.  We don't always get what we want.  It could be as simple as one of his sons in a quest for power and/or wishing for a possibly Frey saving allegiance (not sure what yet) Walder disapproves off...  I don't discount the possibility, though, that Arya may finished some of the others off, even if again cheesed off that someone got a main name in her list before she could get to him lol.

Now, Rickon has a role to play among the northern houses. He will be but he has to die without an heir (and hell, he is way too young for that right now, or else he stands on the way of more important characters like Jon and Sansa).  Personally, I would burn the last book if Winterfell, the first castle we saw and I fell in love with, went to really a "stranger" ( stranger for the purpose of the narrative, not the family).  All we know about him is that he had behavioral issues due to his mother's grief for Bran's vegetative state.  Although I would be hugely emphatic in real life, it could be I hate when tiny minor characters get the resolution of some of the story, and the prized castles lol.  Could be wishful thinking and I know I am being cruel to a literary child but he has to go!  Granted, just because I would loathe to see him as Lord of Wintefell it doesn't mean that George does. Still, he is too much in the way of major characters... How will he die is another matter.  Manderly clearly wants him betrothed to one of his own as may some other houses.  I reckon Davos will find him and bring him forth to Manderly.  I guess he is going to be a casualty of the northerners plotting but the details escape me for now.

Now, on the wall, the WWs won't get fully there until the end of the book I don't think and there has to be an aftermath to Jon's assassination. The high borns and Jon's supporters are going to have it out, I expect many will die.  Now, unless I am getting very forgetful (which I do lol) we lack a POV there with Jon warging or whatever.  Or he could warg around there for a while but we wouldn't see the politics.... I would love a Shireen POV.   Now, she is the only one totally confirmed a casualty, by fire as in the show, but maybe in slightly different circumstances...

Sorry guys, more tomorrow, can't keep eyes open lol

7 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

The Freys, hell yes especially Walder.  I don't think it will be Arya funnily enough.  We don't always get what we want.  It could be as simple as one of his sons in a quest for power and/or wishing for a possibly Frey saving allegiance (not sure what yet) Walder disapproves off...  I don't discount the possibility, though, that Arya may finished some of the others off, even if again cheesed off that someone got a main name in her list before she could get to him lol.

Walder isn't on her list.

9 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Walder isn't on her list.

Okay, but she was just outside of the Red Wedding, she know the Freys betrayed Rob and Cath, how can he not be?  My apologies if I am missing something and also, I was really, really tired last night after a very hectic and not very good day at work and my post is terrible in terms of spelling, grammar and probably even cohesion lol

1 hour ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Okay, but she was just outside of the Red Wedding, she know the Freys betrayed Rob and Cath, how can he not be?  My apologies if I am missing something and also, I was really, really tired last night after a very hectic and not very good day at work and my post is terrible in terms of spelling, grammar and probably even cohesion lol

Spoiler

You probably mixed show and books.

I would expect Winds to be a bloodbath of sorts. Fighting in the North, the continuing chaos in the Riverlands, religious unrest in King's Landing, a new invasion in the South, the Mereenese knot tighter than ever, and the Others looming closer and closer. There's a ton of loose plot threads to deal with, and I expect Martin to start snipping them away.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:51 AM, Lord Lannister said:

I would expect Winds to be a bloodbath of sorts. Fighting in the North, the continuing chaos in the Riverlands, religious unrest in King's Landing, a new invasion in the South, the Mereenese knot tighter than ever, and the Others looming closer and closer. There's a ton of loose plot threads to deal with, and I expect Martin to start snipping them away.

Has to be a blood bath and it has to give us very little hope for winter to work

On 2/4/2018 at 3:51 AM, Lord Lannister said:

I see it like you too, but will the Faith be moot at that stage or go for Aegon perhance?  Not a trick question in any way, genuinely pondering that...

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I see it like you too, but will the Faith be moot at that stage or go for Aegon perhance?  Not a trick question in any way, genuinely pondering that...

I don't know, things seem to be setting themselves up for Aegon to swoop in on a wave of populism and cheering adoration. How better for him to become popular than the crush the people who crush the Faith? I also think Aegon's going to find out that taking the Iron Throne and holding it are two entirely different things.

17 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I don't know, things seem to be setting themselves up for Aegon to swoop in on a wave of populism and cheering adoration. How better for him to become popular than the crush the people who crush the Faith? I also think Aegon's going to find out that taking the Iron Throne and holding it are two entirely different things.

Can't wait to see how it unfolds, but to me "perfect" prince kind of set up flags....

POVs:

JonCon, Victarion, Aeron "Damphair" - Dead men walking.  If any of these survive, I will be greatly shocked.

Jaime - I think his story is near its end, and it is about time for  shocking death.  I don't think it will be the BwB, though.  If they were going to kill him, I think his body would have shown up by now.

Davos - Will be our POV at Hardhome, and then will go to the far North, with Rickon in tow.  Won't make it back south.  

I used to think Theon and Cersei, but now think they will make it to the next book.

Areo Hotah and Barristan will no longer be POVs.  They may or may not survive.

Non-POVs:

Litlefinger - Sansa will do him in (I hope)

Ramsay - only room for one "big bad", and that is now Euron.  He's past his sell-by date, anyway.

Mance - Wildlings will lose their leader, will need a new one.

Harrold Hardyng - has a target on his chest.

Lady Stoneheart - already dead, will stay that way.

Balon Swann - won't survive Dorne

Aegon - Whether fake or not, is destined to not survive.

There will probably be many others, but now sure who.

On 2/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

LSH has to be a satisfactory death and unless Arya gives her the gift (and I don't think she will reach Westeros in this book but could be wrong) unlikely, plus why would she kill her mother to save Jaime Lannister and companions of all people?  However, this character seems to have served her purpose; killing Freys and well showing us that blind revenge is no good lol.  Still, I think she is a plot device for Arya just as Penny is one for Tyrion. 

I think Arya will make it out of Braavos long before the end of WoW.  She sure as hell isn't going to join the FM. and I see no story in Braavos otherwise.  If she kills LSH it will be to put her out of her misery.  The situation with Jaime will long be settled by then.

On 2/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

Now, on the wall, the WWs won't get fully there until the end of the book I don't think and there has to be an aftermath to Jon's assassination. The high borns and Jon's supporters are going to have it out, I expect many will die.  Now, unless I am getting very forgetful (which I do lol) we lack a POV there with Jon warging or whatever. 

I think the WWs will arrive by the middle of the book.  Jon will likely be up fairly quickly, and will need something to do.  By the way, Melisandre is a POV, and she is at the Wall.  If they need someone else, Jeyne Poole would make a nice addition.

That's all for now.

48 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Can't wait to see how it unfolds, but to me "perfect" prince kind of set up flags....

He seems being set up for a quick rise and an even more quick fall, but I could be wrong. And yes, the validity of his heritage raises a lot of flags, but if he wins, then it'll be a moot point anyways, and if he doesn't, it'll also be moot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 6:35 AM, Queen Sansa Stark said:

Not the next book. There's an unique pattern whenever a Stark dies and it always happens during an uneven book. In book 1, 3 and 5 a Stark has died so naturally for the next Stark to die it will happen in the seventh book. Though in my opinion I don't see any Stark dying.  

Who died in aDwD?

9 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Jon Snow. 

Oh yeah. Allegedly. :P  I'm not really counting that as it seems awfully convenient that Melisandre, a red priestess with resurrection powers, is a short walk away.

Archived