Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

31 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Nah, she will be back, no one gets a send off that simple, also, her dad was at the Tower of Joy and will meet Jon / Aegon again.

Yep, totally, and his name has been mentioned many times so as that later on we remember him:

-In season 6 in the Tower of Joy: Meera's father

-In season s7: I'm Meera Reed, daughter of Howland Reed

9 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

No Tormund and Brienne? I would say that there's much more unrequited love between those two than between Dany and Tyrion. At least we know that Tormund is into Brienne, while it's really up in the air if Tyrion has that sort of feelings for Dany. (If he has, then the show really a shoddy job depicting it.)

Yep, Tormund and Brienne is unrequitted, we will see how Jaime is the one she chooses.

Tyrion might end up with Sansa, they have yet to consummate their marriage after all, but I can also see him ending up alone. He has had two romantic relationships after all, and they both ended catastrophically. 

Tyrion is not gonna end up with Sansa, he even called their marriage a farce (I don't remember the word but it was something like this).

41 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

He didn't twist your words, it was his way of saying that Jamie, Brienne and possibly Sandor have a large chance of ending up dead, so there won't be a happy romance in the end for these pairings. 

He/she tampered with my post when he/she quoted me. Not supposed to do that.

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yep, totally, and his name has been mentioned many times so as that later on we remember him:

-In season 6 in the Tower of Joy: Meera's father

-In season s7: I'm Meera Reed, daughter of Howland Reed

I have no doubt that he will show and she will be there too.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Nah, she will be back, no one gets a send off that simple

Nope, she's gone. The goodbye scene is very clear. Her role in the show is over: she walks "out of the series," as per the script outline. Bran's back at Winterfell, doesn't need her anymore, and doesn't care for her anymore. 

40 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They are subtle actually, many many times,

LOL, sure.

She feels he died, but he hasn't died

Did you miss the part where Bran didn't disagree when she said that? 

Bran is still inside and can reappear.

There's no indication of that. All indications are that Bran's personality has been irrevocably altered. Bran is no longer Bran; he's the 3ER. Meera telling Bran "You died in that cave" and Bran not disagreeing with her is perhaps the most obvious instance, but by no means the only one. The writers even started calling him "Dr. Branhattan," a reference to a comic book character (Dr. Manhattan) who after acquiring a similar sort of omniscience permanently loses his attachment to his humanity. 

And out there. He needs you.

Yes, and several episodes have elapsed since that pronouncement, during which Meera protected Bran and accompanied him to Winterfell. He did need Meera at the time, to see him safely back to Winterfell. Now he's back at Winterfell, with his family, and Meera's role in Bran's life is over. 

When Meera tells Bran that he doesn't need her anymore, Bran agrees. Again, not subtle. He did need her, to get him back to Winterfell. He doesn't anymore. 

Look, Bran/Meera is not going to happen. We've been told as much. You really don't have any kind of leg to stand on to argue otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Nope, she's gone. The goodbye scene is very clear. Her role in the show is over: she walks "out of the series," as per the script outline. Bran's back at Winterfell, doesn't need her anymore, and doesn't care for her anymore. 

I am not buying it. That send off was not a goodbye forever.

28 minutes ago, Newstar said:

LOL, sure.

There's no indication of that. All indications are that Bran's personality has been irrevocably altered. Bran is no longer Bran; he's the 3ER. Meera telling Bran "You died in that cave" and Bran not disagreeing with her is perhaps the most obvious instance, but by no means the only one. The writers even started calling him "Dr. Branhattan," a reference to a comic book character (Dr. Manhattan) who after acquiring a similar sort of omniscience permanently loses his attachment to his humanity. 

Yes, and several episodes have elapsed since that pronouncement, during which Meera protected Bran and accompanied him to Winterfell. He did need Meera at the time, to see him safely back to Winterfell. Now he's back at Winterfell, with his family, and Meera's role in Bran's life is over. 

When Meera tells Bran that he doesn't need her anymore, Bran agrees. Again, not subtle. He did need her, to get him back to Winterfell. He doesn't anymore. 

Look, Bran/Meera is not going to happen. We've been told as much. You really don't have any kind of leg to stand on to argue otherwise.

seems hard to argue with the actual script saying she is done. 

that is why I am also down on Jaime/ Brienne having a future. Jaime has doomed written all over him and given the early script outlines for Brienne does not seem she is someone who has a good chance of making it to the end. 

Of course! How could he disaagree if he is playing the robot Bran? Of course he disagrees. He is playing a distant Bran all the season.

Incorrect. Actually, the showrunners told Isaac to play him as if Bran was still there.

No, Leaf is not talking about Meera as a transporter. It's deeper than that.

13 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Incorrect. As I said, a leaked preliminary outline it's not a defnitive script. It would be interesting to read the leaked preliminary outlines of the last two episodes, there are hge differences. Not to mention that the style in which they write, it seems as if they were believing the actions happening, such as: Brienne is going to die, etc

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Of course it wasn't. And FrikiDoctor said that Martin said that Howland was gonna appear in the last season. Not a fan of friki, but he reads lots of things.

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sure it was.

Bran tells Meera "Thank you" for everything she's done? Check.

Meera telling Bran that he died in the cave (meaning the person she cared for is long gone) and Bran not disagreeing? Check.

It was a nice, if sad scene, and more closure than a lot of Meera-level minor characters have gotten.

14 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I agree. 

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Of course! How could he disaagree if he is playing the robot Bran? Of course he disagrees. He is playing a distant Bran all the season.

There's no suggestion that Bran is putting on an act. That's who he is now.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Incorrect. As I said, a leaked preliminary outline it's not a defnitive script. It would be interesting to read the leaked preliminary outlines of the last two episodes, there are hge differences. Not to mention that the style in which they write, it seems as if they were believing the actions happening, such as: Brienne is going to die, etc

i guess we will see. ultimately this is all a guessing game and we are trying to weigh different pieces of evidence in order to determine the probability of something happening. 

granted its not a script, but a preliminary outline saying something still feels like a big piece of evidence that outweighs any counter evidence at this point. Not sure why I should give more weight to Friki than a preliminary outline at this point. 

But we will find out. 

3 minutes ago, Newstar said:

There's no suggestion that Bran is putting on an act. That's who he is now.

An act? What are u referring to? He is very subtle when playing Bran inside him, he almost doesn't appear, and Bran is not "there" in that moment with Meera, it's there but Deep inside, but not in that scene. He is playing him as Bran was occupying 5% of his brain, and in that scene he is not appearing, the other parts of his computer are dominating him, he is only aware to say bye and thank you in that moment. But the showrunners explicitly told him to play it as if Bran was still there in general. They said it's a matter of dowloading info so quickly.  No other 3eyed has been like Bran, and Bran is probably the most powerful of them all, so yeah, he'll have a greater role as one of the main POVS and we will see him again.

Arya/Gendry: I would love to see this but I'm not sure how it would play out. Back in Season 2, I would have believed Arya could end up with Gendry but post-Faceless Men, I almost feel likeshe might be too far gone down a dark, dark path. As good as it might be for her mental health at this point to put down her sword, I can't imagine her doing something as "normal" as marrying and being the matriarch of a high family (Lady Baratheon). 

Sansa/Sandor: I think this will be the big romance of S8, if there is any. Their arcs have been leading to each other this whole time. Sansa has had to learn to see through lies and pretty facades and appreciate the inner beauty in people; Sandor has been on a redemption arc to "gentle the rage" within him and find a cause that he can get behind for love, not hate. It makes sense for their arcs to end with them finding each other. 

Brienne/Jaime: They will acknowledge their love for each other (maybe even consummate it) but unfortunately, I think Jaime is going to die. HE was the original big baddie from the pilot; he has to end the series by sacrificing himself for the greater good. 

5 hours ago, Newstar said:

What better culmination of her arc for Sansa, having dreamt of nothing more than marriage and having been used and abused as a marriage pawn for the entirety of the series, than choosing to abstain from marriage once and for all and being completely fine with it? Turning her back on romantic illusions and political marriage altogether in favour of her own autonomy and power is the perfect resolution to her arc. 

I actually don't think her arc has been about rejecting marriage. I think her arc has been about rejecting pretty illusions and knightly fantasies wherein men and women had clearly specified roles that she thought everybody would neatly fit into. Marriage and children are mere practicalities within those fantasies and they are practicalities in the real world too. Without marriage, families would die out; Sansa's source of power would die out.

Sansa began the story believing and wishing to leave her family and integrate into her husband's family where she would bear children who would take her husband's name. I believe a perfect subversion of that illusion for her to actually end up as the head of her own House and to take a consort with whom she has children who bear the Stark name. 

17 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

and because Gendry / Sansa ?, They have absolutely nothing to do, It would be a "romance" that came out of nowhere, and that is gaining some ground thanks to the fake "filtration" of the Next and Last season, but anyway I refuse to believe that crap.

This in equal parts tickles me and makes me nervous. It's just so utterly ridiculous.

1) How much more random could you possibly get? Cersei and Hot Pie, perhaps?

2) OF ALL THE MEN in Westeros, why would they pair Sansa with the ONE guy her sister has been even marginally romantically connected with? Like we need more awkwardness between the Stark sisters. 

3) Their arcs just don't match up. If Sansa survives the series, her endgame is DEFINITELY to be the head of House Stark. Her children are going to Starks of Winterfell, no question. On the other hand, if Gendry survives, his endgame is DEFINITELY to be head of House Baratheon. His children are going to be Baratheons, no question. So there is no question of these two pairing up. Arya, the younger sister, on the other hand... :) 

4) How lazy would it be for them to pair Sansa up with the single hot dude in the same age range left on the show? It would be a total reversal of her arc for her to end up choosing the hottest guy on the show when her story has been all about learning to appreciate not-so-pretty things. 

2 minutes ago, Song of the Sea said:

Arya/Gendry: I would love to see this but I'm not sure how it would play out. Back in Season 2, I would have believed Arya could end up with Gendry but post-Faceless Men, I almost feel likeshe might be too far gone down a dark, dark path. As good as it might be for her mental health at this point to put down her sword, I can't imagine her doing something as "normal" as marrying and being the matriarch of a high family (Lady Baratheon). 

Sansa/Sandor: I think this will be the big romance of S8, if there is any. Their arcs have been leading to each other this whole time. Sansa has had to learn to see through lies and pretty facades and appreciate the inner beauty in people; Sandor has been on a redemption arc to "gentle the rage" within him and find a cause that he can get behind for love, not hate. It makes sense for their arcs to end with them finding each other. 

Brienne/Jaime: They will acknowledge their love for each other (maybe even consummate it) but unfortunately, I think Jaime is going to die. HE was the original big baddie from the pilot; he has to end the series by sacrificing himself for the greater good. 

I actually don't think her arc has been about rejecting marriage. I think her arc has been about rejecting pretty illusions and knightly fantasies wherein men and women had clearly specified roles that she thought everybody would neatly fit into. Marriage and children are mere practicalities within those fantasies and they are practicalities in the real world too. Without marriage, families would die out; Sansa's source of power would die out.

Sansa began the story believing and wishing to leave her family and integrate into her husband's family where she would bear children who would take her husband's name. I believe a perfect subversion of that illusion for her to actually end up as the head of her own House and to take a consort with whom she has children who bear the Stark name. 

This in equal parts tickles me and makes me nervous. It's just so utterly ridiculous.

1) How much more random could you possibly get? Cersei and Hot Pie, perhaps?

2) OF ALL THE MEN in Westeros, why would they pair Sansa with the ONE guy her sister has been even marginally romantically connected with? Like we need more awkwardness between the Stark sisters. 

3) Their arcs just don't match up. If Sansa survives the series, her endgame is DEFINITELY to be the head of House Stark. Her children are going to Starks of Winterfell, no question. On the other hand, if Gendry survives, his endgame is DEFINITELY to be head of House Baratheon. His children are going to be Baratheons, no question. So there is no question of these two pairing up. Arya, the younger sister, on the other hand... :) 

4) How lazy would it be for them to pair Sansa up with the single hot dude in the same age range left on the show? It would be a total reversal of her arc for her to end up choosing the hottest guy on the show when her story has been all about learning to appreciate not-so-pretty things. 

4. There's still Podrick.

1 hour ago, Song of the Sea said:

In the show they have extended her FM version of herself due to shocking twists TM (playing LSH for instance) and there's no way that Sansa and Arya will be staying in Winterfell plotting against each other in the books. In  their last scene together, Arya and Sansa are finally free of their darkest paths and they both miss their father. they are happy together, yet her stories have not been finished yet ( that's what they say in the first scene when they both meet).

Gendry is still looking for a family, someone who can be trusted, and he'll find Arya again. They have experienced lots of things together and they always trusted each other. She wanted to be his family.

And the last time Arya saw Gendry she was extremely concerned, there was a long, a really long shot.....

Absolutely. It's been hinted as well and it will happen. There's no one else who would make Sansa happy at this moment than Sandor, and he is still "angry at gingers".

LF told Sansa about Sandor, and he asked her if she was safe, and if she was happy. She said yes to the first question, we had no answer to the second. Interestingly, Sandor was mentioned in that same scene! Oh, and she reacts with her eyes when she hears his name (keeping the reaction to herlsef).

It will 100% happen. At least the acknowledge of their love for each other. But this is the most hinted romance in all the series IMO and I think that the comments about "fucking" from Bronn will become true. They are each other's soulmates and they will make love, possibly.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the show they have extended her FM version of herself due to shocking twists TM (playing LSH for instance) and there's no way that Sansa and Arya will be staying in Winterfell plotting against each other in the books. In  their last scene together, Arya and Sansa are finally free of their darkest paths and they both miss their father. they are happy together, yet her stories have not been finished yet ( that's what they say in the first scene when they both meet).

Gendry is still looking for a family, someone who can be trusted, and he'll find Arya again. They have experienced lots of things together and they always trusted each other. She wanted to be his family.

And the last time Arya saw Gendry she was extremely concerned, there was a long, a really long shot.....

Absolutely. It's been hinted as well and it will happen. There's no one else who would make Sansa happy at this momento tan Sandor, and he is still "angry at gingers".

LF told Sansa about Sandor, and he asked her if she was safe, and if she was happy. She said yes to the first question, we had no answer to the second. Interestingly, Sandor was mentioned in that same scene! Oh, and she reacts with her eyes when she hears his name (keeping the reaction to herlsef).

It will 100% happen. Mínimum: the acknowledge of their love for each other. But this is the most hinted romance in all the series IMO and I think that the comments about "fucking" from Bronn will become true. They are each other's soulmates and they will make love, possibly.

Momento tan?

28 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Momento tan?

My keyboard always does this with the words moment, than and creation. It thinks I'm writing in Spanish and French and corrects them as if I was writing in these languages, but maintains the rest of the words in English. That only happens with Explorer. It's weird. I will correct it now.

Archived