Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

46 minutes ago, Newstar said:

The exact Alan Taylor quotes where he indicates that GRRM told him that the whole series is actually about Jon and Dany are upthread, but my point is that the writers have on at least two occasions told directors about future events, which means that there's a good chance that Shakman may have some inside information about plot developments in S8 even if he's not coming back to direct.

Here's the quote from Alex Graves where he implies that he shook down D&D for plot information from future seasons and even endgame information:

(Bolding and underlining mine.)

it could be, but he might be just talking about his perception of the season. Also, his words don't say that their fates are dying togteher, when he says  "what comes from here...". I think that what could be implied (if he knows) is the valonqar. Jaime might be who kills her ultimately. Maybe this action has consequences to him. But dying together is not likely.

4 minutes ago, larastone said:

I'm actually not a fan of the jaime committing suicide theory. I think I would prefer it more if Cersei stabbed him as he's strangling her or something. Or if Jaime dies in a fight like Blackfish after killing Cers

Double murder. I like that. 

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it could be, but he might be just talking about his perception of the season. Also, his words might don't say that their fates are dying togteher, but "what comes from here...". I think that what could be implied (if he knows) is the valonqar.

Yea. It doesn’t necessarily mean they will die together.

9 minutes ago, larastone said:

I'm actually not a fan of the jaime committing suicide theory. I think I would prefer it more if Cersei stabbed him as he's strangling her or something. Or if Jaime dies in a fight like Blackfish after killing Cers

Jaime would only kill Cersei as his duty as a knight if that's what's necessary to protect the people. He would not commit suicide.

I don't think Cersei would kill him, if he is the one killing her. It's a weird sceneario to imagine, how it would be developed.

Jaime would only kill Cersei as his duty as a knight if that's what's necessary to protect the people. He would not commit suicide.

I don't think Cersei would kill him, if he is the one killing her. It's a weird sceneario to imagine, how it would be developed.

if jaime kills her via strangulation then it would  be more than just about "protecting" people. you don't kill someone by putting your hands around them and feel the life going out of them if you're just trying to save the day.

it would be completely in character for cersei to try to kill jaime if he's killing her. she's not the type to go down without a fight

7 minutes ago, larastone said:

if jaime kills her via strangulation then it would  be more than just about "protecting" people. you don't kill someone by putting your hands around them and feel the life going out of them if you're just trying to save the day.

it would be completely in character for cersei to try to kill jaime if he's killing her. she's not the type to go down without a fight

But if she is being strangled she would barely be able to defend herself. She killing him would feel like a B movie.

As for the reason, we also had Tyrion who was in love with Shae kiling her that way, but it was different. It can't be more than protecting people, because he is done with her and nothing that she tells him would make him behave in a psychotic way. He is done also, but not willing to kill her. So if he does, it will be because it's his duty, Brienne has reminded him during seasons that he is a knight and there's honour in him. That's totally meaning he'd do it for duty.

or Maybe he is not the valonqar----

11 minutes ago, larastone said:

It is tough to see how this would play out. 

By that point Cersei should be drowining in her tears after the YMBQ takes everything she holds dear. 

So I assume that by the time Jaime kills her, Cersei would no longer have power - the one thing she holds dear that has yet to be taken from her - and will be fairly depressed and despondent. 

Would be interesting if instead of a saving the day scenario its just two ex lovers bickering that leads to tragedy. 

But if she is being strangled she would barely be able to defend herself. She killing him would feel like a B movie.

As for the reason, we also had Tyrion who was in love with Shae kiling her that way, but it was different. It can't be more than protecting people, because he is done with her and nothing that she tells him would make him behave in a psychotic way. He is done also, but not willing to kill her. So if he does, it will be because it's his duty, Brienne has reminded him during seasons that he is a knight and there's honour in him. That's totally meaning he'd do it for duty.

Or maybe he kills her in self defense.... same as Tyrion. But instead Cersei actually stabs him unlike Shae who only tried to.

11 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Or maybe he kills her in self defense.... same as Tyrion. But instead Cersei actually stabs him unlike Shae who only tried to.

If Jaime dies it will be in the arms of Brienne, because its foreshadowed this way. When he spoke about that line in season 5, Bron was referring to Cersei (does she ...??) but we knew it was Brienne. Same, in season 3 he tells her "we don't choose who we love" while watching Bri, he is not speaking of her, bt of Cersei, but it foreshadows he would eventually fall in love with Bri.

9 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If Jaime dies it will be in the arms of Brienne, because its foreshadowed this way. When he spoke about that line in season 5, Bron was referring to Cersei (does she ...??) but we knew it was Brienne. Same, in season 3 he tells her "we don't choose who we love" while watching Bri, he is not speaking of her, bt of Cersei, but it foreshadows he would eventually fall in love with Bri.

I guess we just disagree here. 

I think it could mean that. I think it could also mean he dies in cersei’s arms since the show establishes that jaime also loves cersei.

also, the biggest problem i have with the certainty you place on this is that the outline for this season specifically had brienne dying beyond the wall !!!

If they were willing to kill brienne this year, than one can infer than the line from season 5 did not refer to brienne and they don’t have Jaime’s definite end being in Brienne’s arms.

I get you want that to happen and maybe they end up writing it this way, but there are enough reasons to be skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, larastone said:

just because jaime wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves doesn't mean it will go that way. in fact it could be opposite, that the woman jaime loves dies in HIS arms. (i.e cersei dies in jaime's arms)

Good point. Also this. 

Foreshadowing is tricky cause sometimes it could be the opposite. 

If they wanted to be real cruel to jaime, the would have brienne die in his arms up north and cersei die in his arms.

14 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I guess we just disagree here. 

I think it could mean that. I think it could also mean he dies in cersei’s arms since the show establishes that jaime loves cersei.

also, the biggest problem i have with the certainty you place on this is that the outline for this season specifically had brienne dying beyond the wall !!!

If they were willing to kill brienne this year, than one can infer than the line from season 5 did not refer to brienne and they don’t have Jaime’s definite end being in Brienne arms.

I get you want that to happen and maybe they end up writing it this way, but there are enough reasons to be skeptical. 

She was not gonna die. That'st he way they write, I told about thisbefore in this thread or another )I don'tremember where). When I was reading that, it felt like they knew she was gonna die, but it's their way of describing the tension. They did similar things describing some scenes of Jon Snow. I found that surprising. That's why I think that Meera might reappear, and she is not  "out of his life". The out of the series seems very clear, but I think there's hope that George re-read that, and thus many things from that preliminary outline changed (Gendry's not related to the bull helmet, Brienne not in the wight hunt, Gendry leaving the wight hunt, etc).

(I even imagined that they could use "series" as the British meaning, that can be season, they studied in Dublin (I know it's far-fetched but...)).

But the thing is, the way of describing the scenes is like sometimes they are believeing the scenes are real. Also, Brienne was not seen dead in that preliminary outline, not to mention that that Brienne has a role to play. They'd no have built-up her romance with Jaime during 5 seasons if that was not gonna play out in the last season.

28 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

She was not gonna die. That'st he way they write, I told about thisbefore in this thread or another )I don'tremember where). When I was reading that, it felt like they knew she was gonna die, but it's their way of describing the tension. They did similar things describing some scenes of Jon Snow. I found that surprising. That's why I think that Meera might reappear, and she is not  "out of his life". The out of the series seems very clear, but I think there's hope that George re-read that, and thus many things from that preliminary outline changed (Gendry's not related to the bull helmet, Brienne not in the wight hunt, Gendry leaving the wight hunt, etc).

(I even imagined that they could use "series" as the British meaning, that can be season, they studied in Dublin (I know it's far-fetched but...)).

But the thing is, the way of describing the scenes is like sometimes they are believeing the scenes are real. Also, Brienne was not seen dead in that preliminary outline, not to mention that that Brienne has a role to play. They'd no have built-up her romance with Jaime during 5 seasons if that was not gonna play out in the last season.

We will have to just agree to disagree. Based on the available evidence, it does not look like a lock to me that Jaime will die in Brienne arms.

The degrees of freedom on this still seem too high.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the books, Tyrion strangled Shae with the Hand chain, a golden chain of interlinked hands. Jaime strangling Cersei with his golden hand seems like the likely intended parallel.

In addition, Jamie might not have his sword at hand when he's "forced" to kill her for whatever reason, meaning that he'll either need to strangle her or beat her to death with his bare hand(s) in order to kill her (presumably to prevent her from doing something). One can argue that him strangling her would be the more civil and less brutal approach in this scenario, even if it at first glance feels very personal.

Or he might simply strangle her in a fit of rage, Jamie is no saint, he's a human and he's just as susceptible to taunts, insults, and rash impulses as everyone else. We don't know (yet) what Cersei is about to do, or what she tells/yells at him right before it happens. Seeing the love of your life descend into madness in front of you, only to have her yell stuff like "you where always an easily manipulated idiot, I never loved you, go back to your new whore-queen", etc (I suck at insults, I know) can probably make Jamie see red. 

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

In addition, Jamie might not have his sword at hand when he's "forced" to kill her for whatever reason, meaning that he'll either need to strangle her or beat her to death with his bare hand(s) in order to kill her (presumably to prevent her from doing something). One can argue that him strangling her would be the more civil and less brutal approach in this scenario, even if it at first glance feels very personal.

Or he might simply strangle her in a fit of rage, Jamie is no saint, he's a human and he's just as susceptible to taunts, insults, and rash impulses as everyone else. We don't know (yet) what Cersei is about to do, or what she tells/yells at him right before it happens. Seeing the love of your life descend into madness in front of you, only to have her yell stuff like "you where always an easily manipulated idiot, I never loved you, go back to your new whore-queen", etc (I suck at insults, I know) can probably make Jamie see red. 

That would be a great scene. 

Could be Cersei after losing everything trying to goad Jaime into it so they can both die together as she always said they would. 

On 10/1/2017 at 9:40 AM, jcmontea said:

That would be a great scene. 

Could be Cersei after losing everything trying to goad Jaime into it so they can both die together as she always said they would. 

"Come brother. Let us embrace." Yeah, that would be interesting. (Had this modified from Mordred's pre-mortum one liner in Excalibur).

Question, guys.

If Jaime is going all the way North now, or at least is planning to, what do we think would give him reason to go back to King's Landing? Do we think the Battle for the Dawn will make it past the Neck, and Jaime with the rest of the "King Jon's Alliance of Good" retreating back with it?

I know there is this fan idea that Jon and co will be kettled between the Golden Company in the South and the Night's King's army in the North, so, I'm wondering how or why Jaime will make his way back? Explicitly to kill his sister?

Archived