Sansa should have killed Littlefinger herself.

Angel Eyes

23 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Exactly. And I doubt most other Nothern ladies would have done it, either, or that anyone in their courts would have even briefly expected them to. They'd probably stare at the idea.

I agree. I think the whole point of the 'person passing the sentence swings the sword' is to make sure that the ruler who passes the sentence understands the gravity of the act they are commissioning. So that lords or rulers do not wantonly sentence people to death. In this case, Sansa understood full well what she was doing. Requiring her to literally swing the sword would have just been cruel to LF.

27 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I agree. I think the whole point of the 'person passing the sentence swings the sword' is to make sure that the ruler who passes the sentence understands the gravity of the act they are commissioning. So that lords or rulers do not wantonly sentence people to death. In this case, Sansa understood full well what she was doing. Requiring her to literally swing the sword would have just been cruel to LF.

She looked him in the eyes while it was happening, which fulfills the spirit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 11:50 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Did I say that? It can't be *that* hard to estimate the force needed to decapitate someone if you're already a competent swordsman, the inevitable funny stories about those who got it wrong aside.

That was the implication.

It felt flat because Arya had no real history with LF.  Ser Meryn Trant was the one who got the death scene that LF deserved if it had to be Arya doing it. LF deserved torture, tongue cut out first, pinky fingers cut off.... gradual like. body hung on display showing this too. He spoke all time, lies, deception and also the pun about his fingers. Poetic.

4 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It felt flat because Arya had no real history with LF.  Ser Meryn Trant was the one who got the death scene that LF deserved if it had to be Arya doing it. LF deserved torture, tongue cut out first, pinky fingers cut off.... gradual like. body hung on display showing this too. He spoke all time, lies, deception and also the pun about his fingers. Poetic.

That's the entire point of this thread. I think having Arya do it fell flat.

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2017 at 3:45 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sorry but the thought of a more torturous death for LF gets me excited.

I wanted to see him suffer after Season 5. 

How much flak will she catch from the Northern lords for not holding to this principle? It makes her no better than Joffrey for having an executioner do her dirty work.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

I wanted to see him suffer after Season 5. 

How much flak will she catch from the Northern lords for not holding to this principle? It makes her no better than Joffrey for having an executioner do her dirty work.

The show is a bastardized version of the books. On the show, apparently the North has little honor and is full of cowards.

Archived