Bakker LI - The Darkness That Lies Ahead (TUC Spoilers!)

Spring Bass

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

After the circumfix, when he first started being manipulated by ajokli?

Also, 'his heart would crash to ruin' is not, as far as I can tell, actually in TTT. 

You don't know at all thtas when he started talking to Ajokli. Not confirmed in text at all. 

Yes, that scene was at Kyudea with Moe.

2 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Also I'm fairly certain that the crash and ruin line was from TGO, not TTT.

Indeed, it's TGO, Chapter 1:

No flesh could be sundered from its heart and survive. All of his empire was doomed—was disposable. Kellhus had known this and he had prepared. No …

It was the hazard of the converse that had eluded him …

“The World is a granary, Proyas …

The fact that his heart would also crash into ruin.

“And we are the bread.”

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

You don't know at all thtas when he started talking to Ajokli. Not confirmed in text at all. 

Sure, so what? One has extratextual backing, one doesn't.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Yes, that scene was at Kyudea with Moe.

Then find it; there are 85 occurrences of the word 'ruin' in TTT, and none include that phrase. 

27 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Sure, so what? One has extratextual backing, one doesn't.

Then find it; there are 85 occurrences of the word 'ruin' in TTT, and none include that phrase. 

Yea, I think your right because I searched it. Here's what I could find about what he says about Esme in that convo. That was in WLW or TGO about crash g into ruin, your correct.

Her name arose like a pang from the darkness: Esmenet.

There again though the darkness. Is it love that's the Darkness? Because he count account for it through the PT and his other Dunyain skills? I would say so. Same thing we get in TUC about why he saved her and kept her ignorant.

29 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

There again though the darkness. Is it love that's the Darkness? Because he count account for it through the PT and his other Dunyain skills? I would say so. Same thing we get in TUC about why he saved her and kept her ignorant.

Except we now know that at least some of the "Darkness" that Kellhus experiences is simply Ajokli fucking with him. 

Also, when capitalizing The Darkness I keep having this song race through my head.

10 hours ago, Hello World said:

Bakker returned to Stuff to Blow your Mind podcast to discuss some things including the ending of TUC according to the Reddit post, I haven't listened yet. 

http://www.stufftoblowyourmind.com/podcasts/consciousness-and-consult.htm

I wonder if he has anything to say besides his AMA stuff. 

For goodness sake! I get him not being into advertising too much. But not giving a link to this in the last blog post - seriously...

Edit: Okay, maybe it was to spare us the knowledge

"Shelling eyes is real, Esme!"

On 9/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, Gronzag said:

I'm curious, does anyone care for any particular character in this series, the way people care for ASOIAF characters?

I really liked Sorweel, he wasn't a rapist, murderer or manipulator, and was pretty much the only character in the books who didn't have any special powers, martial prowess or stunning good looks. But he did have a great moral dilemma about whether to murder Khellus who killed his father and enslaved his people, and yet might be humanity's only chance of survival. Then, of course, Bakker had him first raped by Zsoronga, then hijacked by Yathwer and, finaly, killed by little Kelm. 

People who don't like Akka are heretics.

Archived