Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Was that line, "What's west of Westeros?" in relation to Arya, on the show, or is that just something that people kept saying afterwards? I genuinely cannot remember.

Our fandom has a peculiar fixation with the possibility of Sansa's death--not only here, but on many other online platforms as well. I'm not sure what that reveals about us. 

The possibility of Tyrion betraying Dany is one I find quite intriguing. Over on the book forums, the possibility of Tyrion and Jaime "switching places" from where they first started, with Tyrion now being the villainous one, has come up a number of times, so this would be very fitting in that sense. 

10 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Was that line, "What's west of Westeros?" in relation to Arya, on the show, or is that just something that people kept saying afterwards? I genuinely cannot remember.

Arya said that to Lady Crane in S6E8:

LADY CRANE: Where will you go?

ARYA: Essos is east and Westeros is west. But what’s west of Westeros?

LADY CRANE: I don't know.

ARYA: Nobody does. That's where all the maps stop.

LADY CRANE: The edge of the world, maybe.

ARYA: I’d like to see that.

Analysis of the music themes of Arya Stark (7 seasons)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey-iExE3Ac

It's in Spanish, but I think it's quite understandable if you have a basic/intermediate level of the language (or you are fluent on another Romance language) because it is accompained by the  different themes and some parts of the explanation are subtitled in Spanish (short sentences) while you listen to the themes.

The musician says that he has noticed what could be a romance theme with Gendry and that her definitve theme is in S7, there is even a chart on the influence of "Stark" themes on her character (after s4 Stark is more frequent again).

When she says "That's not me" to Ned the Syrio Forel theme appears during some seconds (the first one for her character -appart from Goodbye brother-that will become part of the final Arya one and that is enhanced when she starts learning well). That could mean that this sentence and these words in particular could be important for the finale and her character, whatever it means. 

When Arya talks to Tywin the theme in the background is the fall of House Targaryen...

About Arya and Gendry: https://youtu.be/Cey-iExE3Ac?t=1150

When he tells her that he wants to stay there, we listen to "GoodBye Brother". Then when she is leaving, there is a variation of the theme of Robb and Talisa ("I am hers, she is mine") along with Goodbye Brother. Apparently the composer has used this technique more than once. The musician says that Djawadi's romantic theme of Robb and Talisa was the first one he composed and he has used it as a reference for various romantic scenes in the show. (Other analysis explain that). 

The musician says that a certain note is even longer than usual in the second part, and a difference in unstruments: the use of violins in the first part for Goodbye Brother, and then an intense violoncello in the second part (the romantic one).. .

In the scene when Melisandre captures Gendry we listen to the theme of the Lord of Light, but from Aray's perspective (before there had been variations of  the Brotherhhod and Syrio Forel theme in the season from Arya's perspective).

When Gendry is protesting for having been captured there is a small variation of the Arya/Gendry theme during some seconds, and when Arya is watching him leave captured, there are two chords of that theme as well.

Finally, when Melisandre speaks with Arya, the Jacquen theme that will be part of her faceless man training.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About Arya and Gendry: https://youtu.be/Cey-iExE3Ac?t=1150

When he tells her that he wants to stay there, we listen to "GoodBye Brother". Then when she is leaving, there is a variation of the theme of Robb and Talisa ("I am hers, she is mine") along with Goodbye Brother. Apparently the composer has used this technique more than once. The musician says that Djawadi's romantic theme of Robb and Talisa was the first one he composed and he has used it as a reference for various romantic scenes in the show. (Other analysis explain that). 

The musician says that a certain note is even longer than usual in the second part, and a difference in unstruments: the use of violins in the first part for Goodbye Brother, and then an intense violoncello in the second part (the romantic one).. .

In the scene when Melisandre captures Gendry we listen to the theme of the Lord of Light, but from Aray's perspective (before there had been variations of  the Brotherhhod and Syrio Forel theme in the season from Arya's perspective).

When Gendry is protesting for having been captured there is a small variation of the Arya/Gendry theme during some seconds, and when Arya is watching him leave captured, there are two chords of that theme as well.

Finally, when Melisandre speaks with Arya, the Jacquen theme that will be part of her faceless man training.

This is very cool, thank you for posting.

Friki doctor posted a new video where he and someone else say: 

-The construction of King's Landing at Belfast will be destroyed with dragon fire. In this attack, the capital will be besieged by an army (they insinuate that perhaps by men). Javier, creator of lossietereinos.com, believes that the army of the dead will not reach capital. Obviously both agree that Winterfell will be attacked.

-Confirm the Greyjoy plot: Theon and Yara survive. Euron would supposedly die at Theon's hands.

-Euron Greyjoy is gonna to be King of Westeros (at least in two episodes when KIng´s Landing is attacked).

-Cersei not being on the Iron Throne when KL burns down.

I think this is just speculation on his part and Javi's but they've let on that they k know much more info than we do atm.

32 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Friki doctor posted a new video where he and someone else say: 

-The construction of King's Landing at Belfast will be destroyed with dragon fire. In this attack, the capital will be besieged by an army (they insinuate that perhaps by men). Javier, creator of lossietereinos.com, believes that the army of the dead will not reach capital. Obviously both agree that Winterfell will be attacked.

-Confirm the Greyjoy plot: Theon and Yara survive. Euron would supposedly die at Theon's hands.

-Euron Greyjoy is gonna to be King of Westeros (at least in two episodes when KIng´s Landing is attacked).

-Cersei not being on the Iron Throne when KL burns down.

I think this is just speculation on his part and Javi's but they've let on that they k know much more info than we do atm.

Wow. 

Just to understand. They think Euron will be King when KL burns down or they think Euron will be King at some point but there will be another King/ Queen when King’s Landing burns down?

why does javi think AOTD does not reach KL?

22 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Wow. 

Just to understand. They think Euron will be King when KL burns down or they think Euron will be King at some point but there will be another King/ Queen when King’s Landing burns down?

why does javi think AOTD does not reach KL?

Euron will be king while it burns down. Like during episodes 4-5 or episode 5-6, I'm guessing.

I'm not sure why Javi speculates the AOTD won't reach KL. I speak a bit of Spanish but I'm not used to that Castilian accent.

On 02/02/2018 at 4:02 AM, Angel Eyes said:

The books were already nihilistic.

Not really. The world was bleak, but there was an undertone of hope and goodness despite it, not to mention, bad guys got fucked over by the bleak, dark world just as often as the heroes.

A good way of putting it is the books didn't cheat to make the heroes win.

The show cheats to make the bad guys win, except when Jon Snow's involved, in which case it cheats to make Jon Snow win.

12 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Not really. The world was bleak, but there was an undertone of hope and goodness, not to mention, bad guys got fucked over by the bleak, dark world just as often as the heroes.

A good way of putting it is the books didn't cheat to make the heroes win.

The show cheats to make the bad guys win, except when Jon Snow's involved, in which case it cheats to make Jon Snow win.

We don't know yet how nihilistic the books are going to be, we will only know when the show ends the story and we can see who is dead, destroyed and broken.  It's true the show cheats to make the bad guys win; but it's also true that the author in his first 5 books has punished the 'good' guys much more than the bad guys, and while he doesn't exactly 'cheat' to make the good guys lose, he does pile up huge numbers of variables that always go against the good guys.  And, if the deaths that have occurred in the show the last two seasons:  summer, shaggy dog, osha, rickon, House Tyrell, viscerion...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other deaths.... also happen in the books, we're getting closer to nihilism there.

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

and while he doesn't exactly 'cheat' to make the good guys lose, he does pile up huge numbers of variables that always go against the good guys.

This I agree with. He's set up a world which, just like the real world, proves difficult to do the right thing in. I don't think, however, 'it's hard to do the right thing, but it's worth doing anyway' is a nihilistic viewpoint, and that's the viewpoint embodied in Book!Sansa's arc (and something the showrunners have completely missed).

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And, if the deaths that have occurred in the show the last two seasons:  summer, shaggy dog, osha, rickon, House Tyrell, viscerion...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other deaths.... also happen in the books, we're getting closer to nihilism there.

I highly doubt many of these are going to be in the books, or if they are, will be executed as the show did it. For example, the showrunners explicitly said the Septsplosion was their idea in the Inside the Episode, patting themselves on the back for their transparent 'rocks fall, everyone dies' to get rid of intelligent schemers because they have no idea how to write them (hence Littlefinger's idiocy in Season 7).

But I agree, the senseless shit like the Umbers suddenly handing Rickon over to Ramsay because they... admire his kinslaying, the Ironborn suddenly being savages who also... really like kinslaying, the Dornish being bloodthirsty, sex-obsessed madwomen who kill anyone who wants peace, etc... yeah, the show is nihilistic as fuck.

18 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

This I agree with. He's set up a world which, just like the real world, proves difficult to do the right thing in. I don't think, however, 'it's hard to do the right thing, but it's worth doing anyway' is a nihilistic viewpoint, and that's the viewpoint embodied in Book!Sansa's arc (and something the showrunners have completely missed).

I highly doubt many of these are going to be in the books, or if they are, will be executed as the show did it. For example, the showrunners explicitly said the Septsplosion was their idea in the Inside the Episode, patting themselves on the back for their transparent 'rocks fall, everyone dies' to get rid of intelligent schemers because they have no idea how to write them (hence Littlefinger's idiocy in Season 7).

But I agree, the senseless shit like the Umbers suddenly handing Rickon over to Ramsay because they... admire his kinslaying, the Ironborn suddenly being savages who also... really like kinslaying, the Dornish being bloodthirsty, sex-obsessed madwomen who kill anyone who wants peace, etc... yeah, the show is nihilistic as fuck.

I am in the minority that thinks that Starks/wolves/dragons/main characters are going to get the same treatment in the show and the book.....Rickon alive or dead means little to the show audience, but he would be very important to the books in who rules House Stark....and so assuming he dies and his wolf dies that means the entire Manderly The North Remembers hell yeah moment and Davos quest that is to come will be moot, which sucks and his highly nihilistic.  At this point, I don't care whether its well executed by the author, I care that I am tired of seeing the Starks beaten down.

The show has become deeply stupid from a plot perspective since Sansa went to WF, including all the items you list, and is surely more nihilistic than the author, but that doesn't mean that the same deaths won't happen.  So, George will have the non existent Tyrell brothers do great things and then die, Marg will die, Loras will die...but it will be better?  I'm not interested in that, again, that is nihilism.  House Tyrell, who while they don't qualify as "good" guys, are light grey, pretty good compared to the rest, and so if their house goes extinct, whether 'well executed' by the author and not stupid...same result.

Archived