Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

10 hours ago, jcmontea said:

We knew Walder Frey was dead when Arya wore his face to wipe out House Frey in the male line

We did, but we were supposed to think that might be a flashback, weren't we?  Either way, I don't believe they will have Arya use Sansa's face, or even that Sansa will die.  Sadly, we have anther year to wait.

18 hours ago, jcmontea said:

100% IF a Stark is going to die it is likely Sansa. She is the one whose arc seems more advanced than the others. Jon still has big things to do and big revelations to face. Arya still has the queen she said she was going to assassinate and who is on her list. Bran still has to face the NK. Sansa seems like she has checked most of her boxes in Season 6 and 7. Also, GRRM famously did not include her in his five characters that live through the series. 

I don't buy it at all. If she dies I think she dies in Winterfell as the lady of the castle or she is captured, taken to Cersei and Cersei kills her. 

I highly doubt she is taken to KL and held prisoner.....Killed in a failed attempt to defeat Johns forces at Wf maybe. look at what we know.

Episode 1 will be a homecoming of sorts, The Unsullied have to reach Wf, Jamie has to reach Wf, Jon and Dany has to reach Wf, Beric and Tormund, etc etc. There are a lot of moving pieces that need to get in place. 

Episode 2 this is the very earliest a battle sequence could take place, and even then it seem forced to happen this early. the first battle has to be with the WW's and the Nk. Remember, Cersie's plan is to let the North and the WW's weaken each other first, It would make no sense for any involvement or invasion, or even kidnapping for that matter untill after that has occurred. 

Episode 3 Back to back major battles? seems highly unlikely, and we need an episode to settle and reset the battle field. Euron has to overthrow Cersei. The golden company has to be made relevant. 

Episode 4 another battle at Wf, even if Wf falls, wouldn't Euron be in charge by then? What special relevance does Sansa hold to him? And even then it is Episode 5 before Sansa could evenly possibly be brought back to KL. 

17 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I can see why this argument was made.  But i don't think it will happen.  I actually believe that Sansa will be the ruler of the North and that Arya will be the ruler of the Riverlands.  I think it will actually be kinda twisted.  That the Stark who looks the most like a Tully will rule the North and that the Stark who looks the most like a Stark will rule the Riverlands.  I agree that Arya will have a leadership role, just not in the North.

I base this on how much George has written about the Riverlands.  Arya is in the Riverlands for two books.  Catelyn spends two books in the Riverlands.  Brienne and Jaime are still in the Riverlands.  Nymeria, Lady Stoneheart, Hot Pie and Gendry are still there.  I don't think that Arya's story is finished there either.  Plus, in the show Arya reunites with Hot Pie, learns that Jon has Winterfell and reunites with Nymeria all in the Riverlands.  Nymeria has spent most of her time in the Riverlands and she still hasn't gone North.

I think George is having Sansa follow in Ned's footsteps (Being in the Vale) and Arya following in Catelyn's footsteps (Being in the Riverlands).  I believe that Sansa is going to have Ned's fate and that Arya is going to have Catelyn's fate. 

One of Catelyn's biggest fears is that the North would follow Jon rather than her sons who doesn't look like Starks.  But, the North did follow Robb even though he looked like a Tully.  They even named him King in the North.  So the argument that Sansa won't inherit the North because she looks like a Tully doesn't hold water to me because the North did follow Robb. 

I actually think that the Targaryen heirs won't have Valyrian features any longer.  I think that all future Targs will have Stark features because of Jon. 

That's not how genetics works. Jon is a half Targ, Dany is a full targ. half of Jon's offspring should have Targ features. 

Arya will marry Gendry and carry on the Baretheon line, not the Stark line. Lannisters will be extinct, with the possible exception of Tyrion. In fact of the major houses have all but been wiped out. Not sure why the Stark line have to survive. 

9 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

That's not how genetics works. Jon is a half Targ, Dany is a full targ. half of Jon's offspring should have Targ features. 

Arya will marry Gendry and carry on the Baretheon line, not the Stark line. Lannisters will be extinct, with the possible exception of Tyrion. In fact of the major houses have all but been wiped out. Not sure why the Stark line have to survive. 

I probably shouldn't have made a blanket statement about the Targs.  I do think that there will be some Targs with Stark features.  Probably a mixture of both Targ and Stark features.

I agree that it is most likely that Arya will be with Gendry and carry on with the Baratheon line.  I just think now that they will more likely rule the Riverlands than the Stormlands (because both of their story arcs were in the Riverlands for a significant time).  Even if Arya does or doesn't have the Stark name, the Stark line will continue through her.  I do think that Sansa will continue the Stark line and use the Stark name.

I don't know about the Lannisters.  Unless Jaime and Brienne hooks up and she gets knocked up, the Lannister line is most likely finished (unless Tyrion has a kid in the future).

I think Robin Arryn will survive.  The Vale troops are helping the North and Littlefinger is gone.  Maybe he will become a good ruler because all the bad influences are gone.  I want him to survive because even with all his flaws, Jon Arryn was a good guy who cared about Ned and Robert.

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

I highly doubt she is taken to KL and held prisoner.....Killed in a failed attempt to defeat Johns forces at Wf maybe. look at what we know.

Episode 1 will be a homecoming of sorts, The Unsullied have to reach Wf, Jamie has to reach Wf, Jon and Dany has to reach Wf, Beric and Tormund, etc etc. There are a lot of moving pieces that need to get in place. 

Episode 2 this is the very earliest a battle sequence could take place, and even then it seem forced to happen this early. the first battle has to be with the WW's and the Nk. Remember, Cersie's plan is to let the North and the WW's weaken each other first, It would make no sense for any involvement or invasion, or even kidnapping for that matter untill after that has occurred. 

Episode 3 Back to back major battles? seems highly unlikely, and we need an episode to settle and reset the battle field. Euron has to overthrow Cersei. The golden company has to be made relevant. 

Episode 4 another battle at Wf, even if Wf falls, wouldn't Euron be in charge by then? What special relevance does Sansa hold to him? And even then it is Episode 5 before Sansa could evenly possibly be brought back to KL. 

Watchers on the wall’s reporting has indicated that the Lannister forces do go North and attack WF. And the original outline leaked about season 7 had strong hints that the armies from WF would go north to fight the WW and the lannisters would hit WF

And we know Jon is in KL by episode 4 since we saw him with Cersei and David Nutter was there at the scene. 

erm...didn't that spanish guy who (afaik) so far has been more reliable say that Cersei isn't even queen at that point?

I wouldn't mind if the Jaime and Mel stuff was true though

On 29/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I'll be relieved if he doesn't kill Cersei. That would be ten steps backwards for him, in my opinion. The road to redemption leads away from Cersei; killing her just brings him back to the beginning. 

not if it's a mercy kill

Maybe it will be Euron who kills Cersei.  Isn't he a younger brother if the valonquar prophecy is true or included in the show.  He is the only one at the end of season 7 who is even near Cersei.  Maybe the producers will surprise us and kill Cersei early on (highly doubt it, but it could happen) and have Euron be the final villain.

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Watchers on the wall’s reporting has indicated that the Lannister forces do go North and attack WF. And the original outline leaked about season 7 had strong hints that the armies from WF would go north to fight the WW and the lannisters would hit WF

And we know Jon is in KL by episode 4 since we saw him with Cersei and David Nutter was there at the scene. 

I never said the Lanisters wouldn't go North, as I know they will, this is about when they go North, and when the attack on WF takes place. By my projections the absolute earliest the Lannisters/Golden Company could attack WF is episode 4, meaning Sansa wouldn't be prisoner to Cersei until episode 5, and by that time Cersei would no longer be in charge. 

18 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

I never said the Lanisters wouldn't go North, as I know they will, this is about when they go North, and when the attack on WF takes place. By my projections the absolute earliest the Lannisters/Golden Company could attack WF is episode 4, meaning Sansa wouldn't be prisoner to Cersei until episode 5, and by that time Cersei would no longer be in charge. 

I think your assumption may not be correct, 

Cersei is likely to attack WF when most of the army is further north fighting the WW. 

Which means it could easily occur in Episode 3 or sooner.

25 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

Jon is riding a dragon, BTS green screen

https://imgur.com/a/idqse#JENHkLh

This adds more legitimacy to that Freefolk post from the other day. It had mentioned that Jon rides a dragon. Granted, that's probably a pretty common prediction, but I'm willing to believe that there's some truth to these leaks. 

10 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

This adds more legitimacy to that Freefolk post from the other day. It had mentioned that Jon rides a dragon. Granted, that's probably a pretty common prediction, but I'm willing to believe that there's some truth to these leaks. 

Fake news, sorry :ph34r: I think it's photoshopped but I agree with your post

7 hours ago, jcmontea said:

I think your assumption may not be correct, 

Cersei is likely to attack WF when most of the army is further north fighting the WW. 

Which means it could easily occur in Episode 3 or sooner.

The WW's have already breached the Wall and are heading South, Jon is not even Back in WF yet. By the time Jon gets back and prepares his forces, The WW's will be at Wf's door, so I am not sure how much further North you expect Jon to be. And Cersei wants the fighting to be over between the WW's and the North before she attacks either of them. Unless she is sure Jon has already defeated the Ww's, why on Earth would she attack WF, loose a good portion of her troops in the siege, and then have to face the WW's as well? 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:40 PM, Error-504 said:

The WW's have already breached the Wall and are heading South, Jon is not even Back in WF yet. By the time Jon gets back and prepares his forces, The WW's will be at Wf's door, so I am not sure how much further North you expect Jon to be.

There are lots of assumptions here that could be true or could not be. For example, you are assuming that the AOTD goes straight from Eastwatch to Winterfell. Could be true. Could also not be. They could go for Last Hearth and Karhold first and other strongholds. 

Also, you are assuming the show does not play around with time to create the scenes and conflicts it wants. 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:40 PM, Error-504 said:

And Cersei wants the fighting to be over between the WW's and the North before she attacks either of them. Unless she is sure Jon has already defeated the Ww's, why on Earth would she attack WF, loose a good portion of her troops in the siege, and then have to face the WW's as well? 

First off all, all I know is what was clearly hinted at both in the original outline, the season and watchers on the wall reporting. If you want to ask for reasoning send D&D a letter. But we know from watchers on the wall that the lannisters are going North. That fits with the hints from season 7. It also seems extremely likely that the NK makes it to KL. So who knows how but somehow it looks like Cersei will send her forces North before the WW are completley defeated. 

Why? No idea. Maybe she loses it when she miscarries. Maybe she knows the Northern armies went North and decides to roll the dice and attack WF. If the northern armies defeat the WW she has struck the first blow in the next war. If they lose they are all fucked anway. 

On 29/03/2018 at 11:53 PM, Lysander said:

Well, the argument made in the post (which hadn't even occurred to me before) is that, given that the "family looks" as described in the books are inherited traits that apparently have been passed down for hundreds of generations, it seems unlikely that the head of House Stark at the end of ASOIAF will physically resemble a Tully.

It may seem a little odd that physical looks would make a difference, but I think there's merit to the idea. Targaryens heirs without Valyrian features were conveniently axed out of the line of succession all the time. The idea behind that was clearly to keep the main family looking a certain way.

So yeah, Arya is the only one of her siblings to look like a Stark. Bran, who also looks like a Tully, conveniently can't bear children either.

Adding onto that, the symbolism of Nymeria as a wolf pack leader named after a queen seems like a good indication that Arya herself will take some kind of leadership in the North. After all, the direwolves have pretty clearly paralleled their owners for the duration of the series so far.

EDIT: Also, Jon seems unlikely to continue the Stark line, given that the big revelation about his character is that he's a Targaryen.

Oh, this is a very good point. Can you expound on it? It could defintely point to either Jon or Arya continuing the Stark line? The least likely two of the bunch. The irony!

Archived