Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

12 minutes ago, prettylongclaw said:

Sansa arc has never been about being a queen? Did I miss the pilot epsiode when she was betrothed to the heir of the Throne  when she was 11 and has been called the key to the North since season 2? Yes, her Stark family is a huge point in her arc, but I dont think its a coincidence that she has lived in 3 different regions of the country and has been educated by Littlefinger about how to play the Game of Thrones. 

Also, the fact that she spent years in Kings Landing is important, when you watch closely leaders and advisers make bad decisions or even good decisions involving ruling and the management of the kingdom you can't help but to learn about those decisions. Also may I point out that no all decisions or ideas made by Jofrey, Tywyn or Cersei may have been terrible. For example Joffrey was the only one who actually was worried about Daenerys Targeryen and Tywyn told him to not worry about her, that was smart from Joffrey.

Then surely you'd be able to highlight for me Sansa's struggles with rulership.  Perhaps a political misstep she made or something.  Dany's struggles in Slaver's Bay are well documented.  Jon's as Lord Commander as well.  We see Arya struggling with her whole identity with the Faceless Men.  Bran missed an entire season, yet we're still shown his struggles with becoming the Three-eyed Crow.  Where are Sansa's struggles specifically as it pertains to being queen?

Also playing the game of thrones ≠ being queen.  

4 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

Then surely you'd be able to highlight for me Sansa's struggles with rulership.  Perhaps a political misstep she made or something.  Dany's struggles in Slaver's Bay are well documented.  Jon's as Lord Commander as well.  We see Arya struggling with her whole identity with the Faceless Men.  Bran missed an entire season, yet we're still shown his struggles with becoming the Three-eyed Crow.  Where are Sansa's struggles specifically as it pertains to being queen?

Also playing the game of thrones ≠ being queen.  

Sansa spent season 2 to season 4 learning and observing at how to play the game and how to do politics and in season 7 we saw her actually putting that in practice. She was preparing the country for winter, making sure the castle was protected, and that her people had food and warm armours, and she also had to deal with the complains of the High Lords and trying to make them happy since she does needs their support.They wanted to overthrow Jon as King and she needed to be polite but firm about her position in the situation. What do you think ruling is? just plotting and murder? the day by day problems of the kimgdom is solved by simply acts. And I am pretty sure she did struggle about dealing with her own personal desires and aspirations and her loyalty to her family. They offer her the Northern crown and she turned down out of love for her family. Remember Sansa was the only true born daughter of Ned Stark in Winterfell when Jon Snow was made King, he was just a bastard, yet she was overlooked by all the Lords of the North, she should be the Queen of the North not him, yet she stayed loyal to him and supported his claim because Sansa learned how to put her family and the good of the country first, instead of her own ambitions.

Sansa wont rule as a regent Queen, I ssee her as a consort queen, giving her advice and taking care of the castle and the country in her husband abssence.

Even George RRM himself told us that she is been prepared to play the game of Thrones. 

Up to now, Sansa has been a piece that other people have moved about the board to achieve their own goals, using her, discarding her, using her for a different purpose, you know, ‘You’re gonna marry Joffrey.’ ‘No, you’re gonna marry Loras.’ ‘You’re gonna marry Tyrion.’ She is beginning to at least try to understand how she can play the game of thrones and be, not a piece, but a player with her own goals and moving other pieces around. And she’s not a warrior like Robb, Jon Snow. She’s not even a wild child like Arya. She can’t fight with swords, axes. She can’t raise armies. But she has her wits, the same as Littlefinger has.

George R. R. Martin on Sansa 

14 minutes ago, prettylongclaw said:

Sansa spent season 2 to season 4 learning and observing at how to play the game and how to do politics and in season 7 we saw her actually putting that in practice. She was preparing the country for winter, making sure the castle was protected, and that her people had food and warm armours, and she also had to deal with the complains of the High Lords and trying to make them happy since she does needs their support.They wanted to overthrow Jon as King and she needed to be polite but firm about her position in the situation. What do you think ruling is? just plotting and murder? the day by day problems of the kimgdom is solved by simply acts. And I am pretty sure she did struggle about dealing with her own personal desires and aspirations and her loyalty to her family. They offer her the Northern crown and she turned down out of love for her family. Remember Sansa was the only true born daughter of Ned Stark in Winterfell when Jon Snow was made King, he was just a bastard, yet she was overlooked by all the Lords of the North, she should be the Queen of the North not him, yet she stayed loyal to him and supported his claim because Sansa learned how to put her family and the good of the country first, instead of her own ambitions.

Sansa wont rule as a regent Queen, I ssee her as a consort queen, giving her advice and taking care of the castle and the country in her husband abssence.

The bolded is her actual struggle in the story (since Season 1).  It shows her development and growth.  Everything else you stated is not the focus of her story.

Even George RRM himself told us that she is been prepared to play the game of Thrones. 

Again, playing the game of thrones ≠ being queen.  

14 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

The bolded is her actual struggle in the story (since Season 1).  It shows her development and growth.  Everything else you stated is not the focus of her story.

Again, playing the game of thrones ≠ being queen.  

We are going to see things in a different way because i dont think she betrayed her family in season 1 for power, but for love for Joffrey. She was naive and thought she could trust Cersei and she learned her lesson. As I said I think there is a reason why Sansa lived all over Westeros, as a High Born Lady, a bastard and a hostage of war and spent so much time around political players. 

Her giving up the crown this season was a test and she passed. Remember she was the only one that was actually offered the crown of a queen instead of demading one and I dont think that was a coincidence or just a plot to fill up scenes. 

I agree with TheSlayerofLies that Sansa's arc is not about becoming queen and that "playing the game of thrones ≠ being queen."  Besides, the "rules" of the game that she learned from Littlefinger, Cersei, etc. may no longer be very useful or relevant after the wars that will take place in Season 8--especially if Dany or Jon or whoever ends up ruling decides to "break the wheel."

"She was preparing the country for winter, making sure the castle was protected, and that her people had food and warm armours" (quote from prettylongclaw):  She was preparing Winterfell and the people who lived near it for winter, not the country. This is something any efficient lady of the manor could and should do. It doesn't follow that if Sansa does this efficiently, then it's a sign that she's on her way to becoming queen. Same goes for her appeasing the lords of the North. There just isn't enough convincing evidence that her arc is about becoming queen.

Moreover, if her arc had been about becoming queen, I think she should have accepted Cersei's invitation to join the meeting at Dragonstone in the last episode of Season 7. She could have overcome her fear and mistrust of Cersei and used this as opportunity to interact with the other major players. Instead, she sends Brienne in her place.

If Sansa is to rule or be in charge of anything, I think it's most likely to be Winterfell.

2 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Then Stannis is smarter than Daenerys since doing that is what let the NK break through the Wall.

Stannis is also dead and died alone with a ruined legacy. 

And his death and total destruction of his legacy is inherently connected with his belief system and why he would have chosen not to go beyond the wall.

What is the life of a bastard boy compared to the kingdom?

Kit, Emilia, Maisie, Joe Dempsie, and Liam Cunningham have been spotted in Belfast this week. Maisie was filming early on Monday morning and was told by one of the extras that her "facial expressions were on point." Sounds interesting!

Sounds like Arya and Gendry have a number of scenes together. Maisie and Joe were both involved in the night shoots.

Gwendoline Christie was also spotted in Belfast today.

Peter Dinklage was seen in Belfast last week. 

Sophie Turner was in California last week. No idea where she is now. She implied in her Coveteur interview that she'll be filming in the summer, when GOT wraps. Sophie was in Belfast in late March, I believe before the end of the night shoots. She must have wrapped filming on Heavy by now, since she hasn't been in Toronto for a few weeks.

I guess they're doing some more studio filming in Belfast this week while the Italica (dragonpit) site (Seville, Spain) preps for filming. Italica filming starts April 23rd and continues to May 18th. The first chunk of filming will be in the dragonpit area (amphitheater), while the entire site will be shut down between May 3rd and May 18th for filming in other areas of the site. All in all, it's about a month of filming in Spain.

We also know that the Italica stuff is for 8x05 and 8x06. So it will be very interesting to see who shows up in Seville... 

We've heard from Lena and Sophie that filming wraps in June. Seems like the KL exterior set filming will be the last sequences filmed. In addition to the child extra sought for late June filming, they're also looking for female extras for the KL filming. I believe the actor playing Harry Strickland (GC leader) is needed for June filming, too.

ETA: L7R reports that the KL set now includes a bright red tower. (Like, very bright red.) They think it's a special effects thing (like greenscreen...?).

30 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Kit, Emilia, Maisie, Joe Dempsie, and Liam Cunningham have been spotted in Belfast this week. Maisie was filming early on Monday morning and was told by one of the extras that her "facial expressions were on point." Sounds interesting!

Sounds like Arya and Gendry have a number of scenes together. Maisie and Joe were both involved in the night shoots.

Gwendoline Christie was also spotted in Belfast today.

Peter Dinklage was seen in Belfast last week. 

Sophie Turner was in California last week. No idea where she is now. She implied in her Coveteur interview that she'll be filming in the summer, when GOT wraps. Sophie was in Belfast in late March, I believe before the end of the night shoots. She must have wrapped filming on Heavy by now, since she hasn't been in Toronto for a few weeks.

I guess they're doing some more studio filming in Belfast this week while the Italica (dragonpit) site (Seville, Spain) preps for filming. Italica filming starts April 23rd and continues to May 18th. The first chunk of filming will be in the dragonpit area (amphitheater), while the entire site will be shut down between May 3rd and May 18th for filming in other areas of the site. All in all, it's about a month of filming in Spain.

We also know that the Italica stuff is for 8x05 and 8x06. So it will be very interesting to see who shows up in Seville... 

We've heard from Lena and Sophie that filming wraps in June. Seems like the KL exterior set filming will be the last sequences filmed. In addition to the child extra sought for late June filming, they're also looking for female extras for the KL filming. I believe the actor playing Harry Strickland (GC leader) is needed for June filming, too.

ETA: L7R reports that the KL set now includes a bright red tower. (Like, very bright red.) They think it's a special effects thing (like greenscreen...?).

Its crazy even thinking how the actual ending to this story will have been captured on film by June

28 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why did I think they were not finishing w/filming until December?  So, they will finish everything, interior and exterior shooting in June?  Is this right?  Thanks.

Yes, from the sound of it.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Its crazy even thinking how the actual ending to this story will have been captured on film by June

I know.

And depending on what information trickles out of Seville and KL set filming, we may have a good idea of how it all wraps up.

It seems as if Lena, Sophie and Euron will all be filming in June according to interviews, so if the only thing filmed in June is the KL exterior crowd/dragonfire sequences from (I assume) late in the season--which, to be fair, we don't know for a fact--then that means that Cersei, Sansa and Euron will be involved in the KL grand finale.

Javi Marcos (of Los Siete Reinos) has said that Cersei isn't in control of KL when it's attacked, but given that we have no castle filming in Spain for S8, it sounds like she doesn't wind up fleeing to Casterly Rock.

Peter Dinklage is back in the US, which probably means he won't be back in Europe for filming this week or next. We'll have to see if he shows up in Seville for the Italica filming.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:13 PM, Newstar said:

1993 Outline Sansa dying + 1993 Outline GRRM planning an ending and Stark succession without Sansa + GRRM sticking to the same ending since 1991 (as he has said before the outline leaked in 2014) = ASOIAF Sansa ending up dead or irrelevant to Stark succession

I realize that's a bitter pill to swallow, but better make your peace with it now.

A bitter pill indeed. The amount of wasted energy in propping up Sansa by some people... the irony of it all! 

On 4/11/2018 at 8:26 PM, Newstar said:

Yes, from the sound of it.

I know.

And depending on what information trickles out of Seville and KL set filming, we may have a good idea of how it all wraps up.

It seems as if Lena, Sophie and Euron will all be filming in June according to interviews, so if the only thing filmed in June is the KL exterior crowd/dragonfire sequences from (I assume) late in the season--which, to be fair, we don't know for a fact--then that means that Cersei, Sansa and Euron will be involved in the KL grand finale.

Javi Marcos (of Los Siete Reinos) has said that Cersei isn't in control of KL when it's attacked, but given that we have no castle filming in Spain for S8, it sounds like she doesn't wind up fleeing to Casterly Rock.

Peter Dinklage is back in the US, which probably means he won't be back in Europe for filming this week or next. We'll have to see if he shows up in Seville for the Italica filming.

I don't think Sophie said *she* was filming, but speaking generally about production. When she came back in March she was in Belfast for 1 day and there was a rumored mini wrap party that day. 

1 hour ago, a black swan said:

I don't think Sophie said *she* was filming, but speaking generally about production. When she came back in March she was in Belfast for 1 day and there was a rumored mini wrap party that day. 

She was in Belfast this week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8bpp9q/sophie_was_in_belfast_this_week_with_the_others/

So even if there was a mini wrap party, it was not for her.

5 hours ago, a black swan said:

A bitter pill indeed. The amount of wasted energy in propping up Sansa by some people... the irony of it all! 

Well, I will be here for sure when season 8 starts and I am trully convict about my theories, feel free to trow some eggs on me if I am worng

4 hours ago, Cridefea said:
I think it's Old Castle Ward: "older", well-loved, used en masse, no dragons....

I was thinking the Dark Hedges, but it would be hard to fit a dragon in there. Old Castle Ward might fit, since it was mostly used very early on in the show.

Archived