Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 6/9/2018 at 6:42 PM, Kandrax said:

So, any news about Richard Dormer?

Nah, but he keeps a low profile.

More info, by character:

Tyrion's actor is still filming. He (or his stand-in) was spotted at the studio today.

Euron, Varys and Jaime's actors were spotted in Northern Ireland last week. (Theon's actor was also seen in Belfast last week.) Euron's actor is back in Denmark according to his IG, but he may still have filming.

Jon's actor will be done in two or three weeks.

The Red Keep exterior set is being repainted white. Will the Red Keep become the White Keep?

If what's being filmed now is from 8x06, it's possible that all the big deaths will take place in the finale, since Cersei, Jaime, Euron, Gregor, Varys, and the NK are all filming or have been very recently.

It's also looking increasingly likely that the Seville day shoot scenes take place after the end of the fighting, since Brienne is in those scenes and Jaime is not.

Here's the rundown of which characters' actors are known to have filmed during the day in Seville:

Brienne, Robin, Sam, Gendry, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Sansa, and Davos

It also seems likely that Dany survives the show as well, if Emilia's final scenes in the show were in fact filmed in Dubrovnik.

That's pretty much everyone on Team Jon/Dany except Jon, who could have survived and just be doing something elsewhere while the scenes with Arya, Sam, etc. are taking place.

If Jon dies, I will not be a fan. Not because I like him as a character, but he died once already, it would be lame if he "died" again. So with that list, it seems like a lot of "main good" characters survive, which is interesting.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, btfu806 said:

If Jon dies, I will not be a fan. Not because I like him as a character, but he died once already, it would be lame if he "died" again. So with that list, it seems like a lot of "main good" characters survive, which is interesting.

IMHO he is dead and around to serve a purpose. I don't want him to have a zombie child with Daenerys.

On the other (PUN) hand: Jon Fire Wight making love to the mother of dragons: fire x fire = ice. The (Night) prince that was promised.

On 6/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, btfu806 said:

Kit's still filming and the Red Keep set is being repainted white, so it's looking good for Jon's chances.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, alienarea said:

IMHO he is dead and around to serve a purpose. I don't want him to have a zombie child with Daenerys.

On the other (PUN) hand: Jon Fire Wight making love to the mother of dragons: fire x fire = ice. The (Night) prince that was promised.

What better purpose for a zombie Starkgaryen than to wrestle control of an undead dragon? I don't really expect this to happen, but it seems to me like it'd make a lot of sense.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:41 PM, btfu806 said:

I have to agree.  If his sole purpose is to die twice, I will be incredulous.  The first death saved Jon so that he could fight the Battle of the Bastards, and to become King of the North (and meet Dany, and maybe make a Dany/Jon baby).  Clearly, Jon has another purpose, to do with the NightKing and TPTWP.  It makes sense that TPTWP would be the Dany/Jon baby.  But what is Jon's real reason for meeting the NightKing again? 

Sharper minds have outlined book themes and from them, decided Jon's fate.  For me, it is simpler.  Which character captured my interest and my heart.  For me, Jon and Arya need to live. 

On 6/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, alienarea said:

Jon is not a zombie so stop with this nonsense. He has a pulse, he has color in his face, blood flows though his veins, he needs to stay warm, etc etc, and he breaths. He is not like his uncle. What next, Zombie Jesus?

I guess this thread is as good as any to post this in.  Apparently George told Diana Gabaldon that he wrote himself into a corner with Winds because he killed a character that he now needs alive:  Source

My guess would be Aemon.  Kevan Lannister, Pycelle, and Beric also seem like good candidates.   

Turns out that the white paint on the Red Keep facade was just a primer; it has been repainted a sandy brown.

Emilia posted this on IG (Conleth's hair is growing back in, so he's probably done):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGyFjRFnpm/?taken-by=emilia_clarke

Note the hashtag #almostdone.

Kit's getting married the 23rd, so it seems likely that this upcoming week of filming is his last.

Liam (Davos) gave an interview saying he's "very very close" to finishing filming. He said he would shave his beard when he's done. Maybe this upcoming week is his last?

I thought John Bradley (Sam) was done filming, but I guess not. He hasn't shaved his beard, either.

Sophie's been in Sydney for the past week and a half, so she's probably done.

Maisie has been in London this past week, so she may be done as well.

Alfie (Theon) has been filming a new project in Prague (Taika Waititi directing), so the week where he was spotted in Belfast (the week before this past week) was probably his last.

No idea about Lena.

Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) filmed this week.

Peter (or his stand-in) was spotted near the studio this past Monday, so no idea whether or not he filmed this week.

Oh, and in case you missed it...HBO announced that there will be no GOT at the San Diego Comicon this year. No panels, no interactive exhibits, no nothing. (No Westworld either, if you're a fan.)

4 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I guess this thread is as good as any to post this in.  Apparently George told Diana Gabaldon that he wrote himself into a corner with Winds because he killed a character that he now needs alive:  Source

My guess would be Aemon.  Kevan Lannister, Pycelle, and Beric also seem like good candidates.   

Why do you think Maester Aemon would be the dead character, now needed?  I keep trying to think about what he might know, and how that would be useful and I keep coming up empty.  Unless some Targaryen history to do with Dany and Jon but even then, we have Sam....  

37 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Why do you think Maester Aemon would be the dead character, now needed?  I keep trying to think about what he might know, and how that would be useful and I keep coming up empty.  Unless some Targaryen history to do with Dany and Jon but even then, we have Sam....  

I was thinking along the lines of some sort of dragon lore that only members of House Targ would know, not just general history.  Or perhaps he knew something about the Maesters that Sam should know. 

I don't feel especially strongly about it being him though, or any other character really.  I don't see how any current dead characters could paint George into a corner like he says he's in.  Every character I think of seems replaceable with regards to any info they might of shared and whatever action they might of performed if they were still alive.  

Emelia Clarke reported in Interview with Vanity Fair on May 23 that she has already completed her last scene as Daenerys (stated it "F**ked me up") but that she was still going to be involved in additional filming for earlier scenes. So seeing her more recently in filming sites probably has little predictive value in regards to her surviving the show alive (at least in the traditional sense).

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Emelia Clarke reported in Interview with Vanity Fair on May 23 that she has already completed her last scene as Daenerys (stated it "F**ked me up") but that she was still going to be involved in additional filming for earlier scenes. So seeing her more recently in filming sites probably has little predictive value in regards to her surviving the show alive (at least in the traditional sense).

Architectural Digest when doing a feature on the Dubrovnik hotel where Kit and Emilia stayed while filming S8 claimed that Emilia's final scenes (chronologically) on GOT were filmed in Dubrovnik which, if true, is a strong indication that Dany survives.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:57 AM, Newstar said:

Architectural Digest when doing a feature on the Dubrovnik hotel where Kit and Emilia stayed while filming S8 claimed that Emilia's final scenes (chronologically) on GOT were filmed in Dubrovnik which, if true, is a strong indication that Dany survives.

I wish some other source would run and either confirm or disprove that.

Pretty big news if true. 

17 hours ago, jcmontea said:

I wish some other source would run and either confirm or disprove that.

Pretty big news if true. 

Is it, though? We all kind of figured Dany would live.

Thor Bjornsson (Gregor) shaved his beard "for filming" and soon after shaved his head. He also filmed for 14 hours yesterday, according to his IG.

A_red_priestess on Twitter tweeted photos of the KL set, including smoke rising from the set this morning. She (?) also claims to have seen Rory. CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE, etc. etc.

Interestingly, a poster on /Freefolk thinks that Lena hasn't been in Belfast and is back in Leeds, so Cersei may not be involved in the scenes Thor has been filming.

Sophie has spent the last two weeks away from Belfast, so I guess Sansa is sitting out Cleganebowl if indeed that's what's being filmed now.

Maisie may be back in Belfast. She spent most of last week in London.

It seems like a safe bet that Kit, Emilia, Peter and Liam are filming this week. If so, Maisie is probably filming, too, since she has been filming more or less nonstop with Kit and Liam for over a month.

Kit's getting married on Saturday in Scotland. Yay! I expect at least a few GOT cast to attend, but there are only (only?) 200 guests total. 

20 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Is it, though? We all kind of figured Dany would live.

You and I did.

But it always felt like there were an unusual number of Dany will die predictions. Certainly more than you would expect give George’s own words about her being one of those who will make it through the end.

Archived