Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 hours ago, Newstar said:

I suspect that the third WTF twist is something which is sort of separate from the "main plot" and can be kind of hived off by itself, as the other two big twists (Hodor, Shireen) involved minor characters and didn't really tie into the overarching plot or big questions of the show.

Maybe it's the identity of the speaker Varys heard in the flames...? I don't know why that would be from the very end of the show, though. 

I don't get the vibe that Dany is being set up as an endgame ruler--too much handwringing from Tyrion and Varys over the Tarly thing--but I've been wrong before, so...

Dany's endgame hasn't been clearly telegraphed in the show (although I will be shocked if she and Jon don't have a miracle baby), but there are a few characters in the show for whom that's true:

Melisandre: Dies (in Westeros)

Varys: Dies (possibly because he betrayed Dany...?)

Cersei: Dead, and Jaime has something to do with it

Jaime: Dead, and Cersei has something to do with it

The Mountain: Killed by Sandor (presumably for good)

Sam: Warden of the South (released from NW, probably because it's dissolved)

Missandei: Goes back to Naath

Grey Worm: Accompanies Missandei to Naath (this isn't from the show itself but apparently there was something in the leaked summaries for Season 7 about how Naath needed protecting, etc. etc.)

Anyone other than that, I dunno. Tyrion gets his winery, I guess...?

I really like the idea of Greyworm going to Naath with Missandei rather than him dying and Missandei going to Naath out of grief

35 minutes ago, larastone said:

I really like the idea of Greyworm going to Naath with Missandei rather than him dying and Missandei going to Naath out of grief

Me, too. They are precious.

Anyways if that spoiler about Jaime dying in Brienne’s arms during the KL battle is true...I think it’s very likely it will play out as Jaime killing Cersei and then just going out in battle in self destructive mode wanting to die.

5 minutes ago, larastone said:

Anyways if that spoiler about Jaime dying in Brienne’s arms during the KL battle is true...I think it’s very likely it will play out as Jaime killing Cersei and then just going out in battle in self destructive mode wanting to die.

I hope that's the case, because of the Valonqar (even though the show doesn't discuss it), though I am worried about NIkolaj Coster-Waldau talking about Jamie coming back to Cersei. I swear if his character does this, I am going to flip...

Example of what the was talking about: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2441149/game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-talks-jaime-and-cersei-for-season-8 

30 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I hope that's the case, because of the Valonqar (even though the show doesn't discuss it), though I am worried about NIkolaj Coster-Waldau talking about Jamie coming back to Cersei. I swear if his character does this, I am going to flip...

Example of what the was talking about: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2441149/game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-talks-jaime-and-cersei-for-season-8 

I think Nikolaj is just implying that Jaime and Cersei aren't necessarily going to hate each other in the way that people might think and that they'll still be important to each other's stories.

not that Jaime is going to run back to KL in episode 2 because he misses Cersei lmao

11 hours ago, larastone said:

I think Nikolaj is just implying that Jaime and Cersei aren't necessarily going to hate each other in the way that people might think and that they'll still be important to each other's stories.

not that Jaime is going to run back to KL in episode 2 because he misses Cersei lmao

I hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point...

44 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Filming rumours are that a scene was filmed in June where a corpse is discovered in the rubble of the collapsed throne room. Seems like it would have to be Jaime or Cersei, right?

I would assume Cersei, with her obsession for the crown?

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

I would assume Cersei, with her obsession for the crown?

I guess that's the most obvious answer, but I prefer Jaime. #kanyeshrug 

...Really, though, if it was one of Jaime or Cersei, you'd expect the other's corpse to be there as well. I will be very surprised if Jaime and Cersei don't die together.

3 hours ago, Newstar said:

Filming rumours are that a scene was filmed in June where a corpse is discovered in the rubble of the collapsed throne room. Seems like it would have to be Jaime or Cersei, right?

Eh I'd take that rumor with a huge grain of salt for now.

but if I had to make a guess, I'd think varys tbh.

43 minutes ago, larastone said:

Eh I'd take that rumor with a huge grain of salt for now.

but if I had to make a guess, I'd think varys tbh.

I like the idea of Varys being there. Would make sense....

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

I guess that's the most obvious answer, but I prefer Jaime. #kanyeshrug 

...Really, though, if it was one of Jaime or Cersei, you'd expect the other's corpse to be there as well. I will be very surprised if Jaime and Cersei don't die together.

This is very true. But the show has done things that have surprised me in the past ... sometimes in a good way... ha.

14 hours ago, Newstar said:

FrikiDoctor was hyping up the Cersei angle in his latest video.

although don’t think he actually had something per say

On 7/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, Newstar said:

I don't get the vibe that Dany is being set up as an endgame ruler--too much handwringing from Tyrion and Varys over the Tarly thing--but I've been wrong before, so...

I get the same vibe. Or at least I get the vibe that we are being challenged as to whether or not we should be rooting for Dany's conquest. 

The destruction that she unleashes at the field of fire was incredible. And all those soldiers who died were the type of soldiers that Arya met on the road. People with fathers, wives, daughters who are not fighting because they like Cersei, but because they have no choice. Randly Tarley maybe made sense to kill. But killing Dickon Tarley was senseless. And the extremist logic she used to kill him... she is not here to put people in chains so if they don't want the freedom she is offering than it is death. The way her high ideals could quickly degenerate to support a horrendous tyrannical action was stunning. The show effectively announced she is just more of the same... 

... until pulling back somewhat in the last two episodes with her decision to risk her life to go save Jon and Jorah, to stop trying to pursue her interests before agreeing to protect the North and ultimately in her confession to Jon that she was wrong and she should have listened to him from the beginning when he told her about the pointlessness of fighting for power... 

going to be fascinating to see where they go with her especially with the bomb that is going to drop that she is not really the rightful ruler after all and that it was her weapons of mass destruction and decision to use them as weapons of war that led to the wall coming down.... 

cannot wait to see how this story is going to end and what the thematic meaning of it all is. i just prey that it is good, thought provoking and non fan servicey... 

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

I get the same vibe. Or at least I get the vibe that we are being challenged as to whether or not we should be rooting for Dany's conquest. 

The destruction that she unleashes at the field of fire was incredible. And all those soldiers who died were the type of soldiers that Arya met on the road. People with fathers, wives, daughters who are not fighting because they like Cersei, but because they have no choice. Randly Tarley maybe made sense to kill. But killing Dickon Tarley was senseless. And the extremist logic she used to kill him... she is not here to put people in chains so if they don't want the freedom she is offering than it is death. The way her high ideals could quickly degenerate to support a horrendous tyrannical action was stunning. The show effectively announced she is just more of the same... 

... until pulling back somewhat in the last two episodes with her decision to risk her life to go save Jon and Jorah, to stop trying to pursue her interests before agreeing to protect the North and ultimately in her confession to Jon that she was wrong and she should have listened to him from the beginning when he told her about the pointlessness of fighting for power... 

going to be fascinating to see where they go with her especially with the bomb that is going to drop that she is not really the rightful ruler after all and that it was her weapons of mass destruction and decision to use them as weapons of war that led to the wall coming down.... 

cannot wait to see how this story is going to end and what the thematic meaning of it all is. i just prey that it is good, thought provoking and non fan servicey... 

That could be her madness slowly awakening. If the rumor about Daenerys vs Night King on dragons is true, maybe she wins but Drogon dies and this pushes her over the edge?

5 hours ago, alienarea said:

That could be her madness slowly awakening. If the rumor about Daenerys vs Night King on dragons is true, maybe she wins but Drogon dies and this pushes her over the edge?

I don’t think she is mad.... or at least not any more made than almost every other politician on the show who is mad for power 

Why do missandei and grey worm get so much damn time??? We didnt see much of Robbs bannermen, and they were actually just as if not more important than a 10 year old girl and the leader of the unsullied. Why are they getting alone screen time with a love story?? They have no baring on anything.

Meanwhile we cant even see Jon with Ghost. Oh hey, is Ghost appearing this season? No? Jon is gonna be a dragon lover now eh...

3 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

Why do missandei and grey worm get so much damn time??? We didnt see much of Robbs bannermen, and they were actually just as if not more important than a 10 year old girl and the leader of the unsullied. Why are they getting alone screen time with a love story?? They have no baring on anything.

Meanwhile we cant even see Jon with Ghost. Oh hey, is Ghost appearing this season? No? Jon is gonna be a dragon lover now eh...

God forgive they give more screen time to two people of color whose lives are a testament to the horrible violence of the world, whose new found freedom is a living example of the good Daenerys has brought and who love is a testament to overcoming and finding the beatiful in the world over a cgi animal 

4 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

It's because they are the only remaining Black cast members, and the show and books are already getting tons of backlash for not being diverse.  Brienne should have in no way been a match for The Hound in season 5, but here she was, punching and beating him, all because they need to please the SJW narrative. 

On 6/20/2018 at 1:31 PM, Cas Stark said:

At this point, I feel that the author is wholly unreliable.

I agree. He is going to say stuff just to throw people off. I even expect something bad to happen to Arya after he said she was his wife's favorite character.

Archived