Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 6/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, prettylongclaw said:

I keep telling people that Sansa will be the Queen in the end. She will marry her cousin Aegon Targaryen, there is lots of foreshadowing in the books about their romance and the show did put a lot of effort and care on JOn and Sansa scenes, they were even shot with some nuances and romatic overtones.

Daenerys will be the final antagonist burning KL to the ground, that was her endgame in the first outline and it is still teh same now.

If they do this with Daenerys, they could have possibly made the single greatest TV villain of all time. I'm not too keen with her marrying Jon either, but I do see Sansa be the more beautiful to take the throne and cast down Cersei and everything she holds dear. 

On 7/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, jcmontea said:

God forgive they give more screen time to two people of color whose lives are a testament to the horrible violence of the world, whose new found freedom is a living example of the good Daenerys has brought and who love is a testament to overcoming and finding the beatiful in the world over a cgi animal 

Thats not the point, and btw, Ghost and the wolves are actually much more important to the actual story.  This is fan service the nth degree.

5 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Thats not the point, and btw, Ghost and the wolves are actually much more important to the actual story.  This is fan service the nth degree.

What is important to the story is a function of what the writers make important to the story. 

In the tv show the wolves are not that important and Grey Worm and Gilly are more important. 

And it seems a pretty justified writing choice

9 hours ago, jcmontea said:

What is important to the story is a function of what the writers make important to the story. 

In the tv show the wolves are not that important and Grey Worm and Gilly are more important. 

And it seems a pretty justified writing choice

Oh, what did I miss?  Are we having a Grey Worm and Gilly affair? 

Just kidding.  I get the idea of Grey Worm and Missy with her being aged up and all, but it's been awful aggravating to watch so much else fall by the wayside, not just the wolves. 

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh, what did I miss?  Are we having a Grey Worm and Gilly affair? 

Just kidding.  I get the idea of Grey Worm and Missy with her being aged up and all, but it's been awful aggravating to watch so much else fall by the wayside, not just the wolves. 

I agree...

With the high probability of a Daenerys/John pregnancy I believe this would add a new dimension to the Night Kings goals (not 100% clear at present) in his invasion. Once he learns of Daenerys’s pregnancy (hoping it will be female) he will shift his priorities to obtaining the child, with a major goal of converting the child, if female, into a White Walker whom he could subsequently marry. Here is how I would script this:

The Night King attacks Winterfell and defeats the combined Daenerys/John forces with the 3 dragons all being injured, but not destroyed. The Westeros forces are forced to withdraw. The Night King learns of Daenerys’s pregnancy (possibly from a captive) and decides to halt his advance for a while so the pregnancy can reach term (decides it is too risky to try and capture Daenerys alive while still pregnant). Daenerys and John are amazed by this maneuver but try to regroup their forces. They decide that one major reason they lost the battle was because Cersei betrayed them and really has no intention of assisting them. Daenerys decides therefore to attack Kings Landing. This would be the next best defensive position as well. In this battle Cersei is killed before being able to set off the wildfire in order to blow up the whole city. Daenerys then assumes the Iron Throne, delivers a healthy baby girl, and they await the attack of the Night King.

The Night King has now has achieved what he hoped for (the child is female) and attacks Kings Landing. The battle is epic.  In the battle both sides suffer huge losses but the Night King continues to replenish his supply of men. The dragons all die fighting one another, but not before the Iron Throne is pretty much melted down. Daenerys comes to the realization that they are going to lose. The trauma is too much for her, resulting in the emergence of an acute post-partum psychosis. In a delusional state she reaches the conclusion that the only way she can save everyone from being assimilated by the Night King is to incinerate everyone using the wildfire still in place, turning everyone into ash so this cannot happen. John and her Council members try and persuade not to do this but she resolute in her psychotic state. Varys then comes up behind her, stabs her in the back, resulting in a mortal wound. John, in a fit of anger, then kills Varys. Daenerys dies shortly thereafter. Suddenly a fiery cloud begins to emanate from her chest as her soul departs from her body. John then, remembering the Azor Ahai prophecy, thrusts his sword into the emanation and it is transformed into the Lightbringer sword. He then uses the sword to destroy the Night King.

There is then a meeting of the 3 Houses, Targaryen (John), Stark (Sansa), and Lannister (Tyrion). In their heartbreaking grief they come to an agreement that for Westeros to return to viability and prosperity the monarchy must end. It has been the root of all their people’s troubles with tragic results. They come to an agreement that the previous 7 Kingdoms will become Independent Free States and a loose coalition will be formed with no absolute Ruler. John decides to go to Dragonstone and is determined to raise his daughter there with the ideals he cherishes.

The final scene has Daenerys returning to the undying Land where she once again meets Drogo and her first child. Now that she is there Drogo agrees to now make the crossover with both of them to the next realm (which he had earlier refused to do until she could come with them). The scene then begins to fade with them all walking towards the portal with the dragons flying high above just across the threshold. The scene ends with Daenerys facial expression evolving from a disheartened sadness to one of a coy gratifying semi-smile (we have seen this before).

IMHO the message of the Game of Thrones saga is one that every society should aspire to. Simply stated that is learning from mistakes (no matter how horrendous or tragic they may be), correcting them, and thereby begin to move forward again with some “Hope for a Better Future” (no guarantee-it’s up to humanity to decide).  I bet the positive part of Daenerys would agree with this.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:11 AM, jcmontea said:

I get the same vibe. Or at least I get the vibe that we are being challenged as to whether or not we should be rooting for Dany's conquest. 

The destruction that she unleashes at the field of fire was incredible. And all those soldiers who died were the type of soldiers that Arya met on the road. People with fathers, wives, daughters who are not fighting because they like Cersei, but because they have no choice. Randly Tarley maybe made sense to kill. But killing Dickon Tarley was senseless. And the extremist logic she used to kill him... she is not here to put people in chains so if they don't want the freedom she is offering than it is death. The way her high ideals could quickly degenerate to support a horrendous tyrannical action was stunning. The show effectively announced she is just more of the same... 

... until pulling back somewhat in the last two episodes with her decision to risk her life to go save Jon and Jorah, to stop trying to pursue her interests before agreeing to protect the North and ultimately in her confession to Jon that she was wrong and she should have listened to him from the beginning when he told her about the pointlessness of fighting for power... 

going to be fascinating to see where they go with her especially with the bomb that is going to drop that she is not really the rightful ruler after all and that it was her weapons of mass destruction and decision to use them as weapons of war that led to the wall coming down.... 

It could be that the writers are just setting up a scenario where Jon and Dany need each other to balance each other out and he will be the one to temper her “wildness” or whatever. We’ll see.

Various tidbits:

1. Maisie and Kit were the last major cast members to wrap last week. Maisie hashtagged her farewell post #lastwomanstanding.

2. Sophie Turner confirmed that she wrapped all filming in Seville, meaning she didn’t film any of the KL exterior stuff shot in Belfast over May and June. In a recent interview she also talked about the day she wrapped filming on the Belfast set, where she was given a sendoff by David Nutter. This probably took place in April.

3. /BoatsexBaby has been implying that all scenes filmed in Seville (not just the night shoots) were battle scenes, which shoots down my denouement theory, but there you have it. /BoatsexBaby has implied that there were two sets of scenes filmed during the day, one with body doubles (Brienne, Robin, Tyrion, Sansa) requiring running around in the midst of action, and the other with more dialogue and no doubles (involving Arya, Sam, Bran, Davos, and Gendry).

4. Miguel Sapochnik (directing 8x03 and 8x05) just posted a farewell message on his Twitter account indicating he had wrapped work on S8.

5. A Reddit poster on a Star Wars fan subreddit claimed that he had a friend in the industry in the know about S8 who said that Sansa survives S8, that she ends up in a position of power, that she has good scenes with Tyrion, and that Dany dies. /Freefolk drama ensued.

6. Thor Bjornsson (the Mountain) was asked about his favourite scene for GOT and he said it’s from Season 8 (cough cough CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE).

7. Unlike the KL set structures, which have been burned and leveled, the outdoor Winterfell set at Moneyglass seems intact with no damage or burn marks. Hmm.

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

It could be that the writers are just setting up a scenario where Jon and Dany need each other to balance each other out and he will be the one to temper her “wildness” or whatever. We’ll see.

Various tidbits:

1. Maisie and Kit were the last major cast members to wrap last week. Maisie hashtagged her farewell post #lastwomanstanding.

2. Sophie Turner confirmed that she wrapped all filming in Seville, meaning she didn’t film any of the KL exterior stuff shot in Belfast over May and June. In a recent interview she also talked about the day she wrapped filming on the Belfast set, where she was given a sendoff by David Nutter. This probably took place in April.

3. /BoatsexBaby has been implying that all scenes filmed in Seville (not just the night shoots) were battle scenes, which shoots down my denouement theory, but there you have it. /BoatsexBaby has implied that there were two sets of scenes filmed during the day, one with body doubles (Brienne, Robin, Tyrion, Sansa) requiring running around in the midst of action, and the other with more dialogue and no doubles (involving Arya, Sam, Bran, Davos, and Gendry).

4. Miguel Sapochnik (directing 8x03 and 8x05) just posted a farewell message on his Twitter account indicating he had wrapped work on S8.

5. A Reddit poster on a Star Wars fan subreddit claimed that he had a friend in the industry in the know about S8 who said that Sansa survives S8, that she ends up in a position of power, that she has good scenes with Tyrion, and that Dany dies. /Freefolk drama ensued.

6. Thor Bjornsson (the Mountain) was asked about his favourite scene for GOT and he said it’s from Season 8 (cough cough CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE).

7. Unlike the KL set structures, which have been burned and leveled, the outdoor Winterfell set at Moneyglass seems intact with no damage or burn marks. Hmm.

Battle scenes with Sweet Robin? I can't wait. 

11 hours ago, Newstar said:

Various tidbits:

Achilles, Beowulf and Siegfried all died. It makes sense for Daenerys to die as well, and it has been foreshadowed a long time in the scenes with Drogo and their son.

Very possible. Both of them have very different relationships to violence. Jon tends to abhor it. Dany seems to embrace it. 

Various tidbits:

Any reason to believe her? She speaks as if she knows but not really sure. Both her and Enty23 seem to have the same sources and are suggesting the great Drogon vs Vicerion Dany vs Nk battle over KL happens in episode 6.

Any reason to believe this guy?

Not sure how I feel about this.... i think going for vengeance is a step back for the Hound’s character 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, jcmontea said:

I don’t think she is mad.... or at least not any more made than almost every other politician on the show who is mad for power 

You don't  have to be mad to be a tyrant.  Daenerys is not mad, but she is a tyrant.  People can have perfectly rational motives for doing cruel, ruthless, things.  Daemerys reckons that terror achieves results, and she may well be right about that.  Emilia Clarke's remarks about her final scene suggest that Daenerys will do something terrible at the end.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

You don't  have to be mad to be a tyrant.  Daenerys is not mad, but she is a tyrant.  People can have perfectly rational motives for doing cruel, ruthless, things.  Daemerys reckons that terror achieves results, and she may well be right about that.  Emilia Clarke's remarks about her final scene suggest that Daenerys will do something terrible at the end.

Think it depends on how you define tyrant. 

The first definition in merriam webster is “an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution.” By that definition she is clearly a tyrant. 

The second definition is “a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally.” Accorording to that definition I think its more debatable. She has certainly excercised her absolute power brutally. So you could say yes she would be a tyrant there. 

But this is at the end of the day a semantic question. Not sure if its particularly relevent nor if we label her a tyrant does it mean she is going to be the final antagonist or burn down KL in an act of villainy. 

My perspective is that Daenerys will meet probably meet her demise (by some manner) as a result of exhibiting some form of “villainous” type behavior caused by her becoming psychotic (my best guess is a post-partum psychosis). She is a tragic victim of genetic inbreeding with the psychosis precipitated by all the war/relationship stressors and the pregnancy itself. I don’t believe she is a stone-cold psychopathic killer. Her OCD and split personality symptoms that she has been exhibiting up thru season 7 were but prodromal symptoms of the psychosis she was destined to experience. The high ideals she has been fighting for will live on in her child (with at least some diluted genes) and the new form of government that will in instituted in place of the Iron Throne (unless you want to recast it with dove wings instead of swords). I also agree with the guess that to "tone down" her death a little she will end up meeting Drogo and their child and crossover with them to the next realm (if you recall Drogo had told her in her vision that he had refused to do so until she was with them). Just one possible ending.

15 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

Battle scenes with Sweet Robin? I can't wait. 

I’m not sure if it’s a battle scene. There’s a lot of smoke and mirrors around what was filmed during the day in Seville. (The night shoots were definitely battle stuff.) /BoatsexBaby has been implying it’s a chaotic Daznak Pit-type scene, but a lot doesn’t add up.

6 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Very possible. Both of them have very different relationships to violence. Jon tends to abhor it. Dany seems to embrace it. 

Any reason to believe her? She speaks as if she knows but not really sure. Both her and Enty23 seem to have the same sources and are suggesting the great Drogon vs Vicerion Dany vs Nk battle over KL happens in episode 6.

Any reason to believe this guy?

Not sure how I feel about this.... i think going for vengeance is a step back for the Hound’s character 

A number of /Freefolkers claim to have sources, but /BoatsexBaby is the only one who provided proof that she knew someone in the production, in her case either one of the doubles or someone who worked with them (a photo of two of the doubles taken from inside their car in Seville).

/BoatsexBaby was told by her source that the Seville filming was for the KL battle. The weird part is that the KL exterior shots from the last two episodes were filmed in late May and June, which means that the only KL exterior stuff involving Sansa is the relatively short scene (since it only took four days to film) shot in Seville at Italica during the day. Seems fishy.

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Think it depends on how you define tyrant. 

The first definition in merriam webster is “an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution.” By that definition she is clearly a tyrant. 

The second definition is “a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally.” Accorording to that definition I think its more debatable. She has certainly excercised her absolute power brutally. So you could say yes she would be a tyrant there. 

But this is at the end of the day a semantic question. Not sure if its particularly relevent nor if we label her a tyrant does it mean she is going to be the final antagonist or burn down KL in an act of villainy. 

What drives it home is the "I had faith in myself" speech to Jon Snow.  This is someone who would make the world burn in order to fulfil her ambitions.

That's not the same as just slaughtering people for the evulz while cackling shrilly.  Just someone who is very cold, very selfish, very ruthless. 

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

What drives it home is the "I had faith in myself" speech to Jon Snow.  This is someone who would make the world burn in order to fulfil her ambitions.

That's not the same as just slaughtering people for the evulz while cackling shrilly.  Just someone who is very cold, very selfish, very ruthless. 

Hmm. I completley disagree. Ruthless for sure.

cold and very selfish? Not really. 

4 hours ago, Newstar said:

I’m not sure if it’s a battle scene. There’s a lot of smoke and mirrors around what was filmed during the day in Seville. (The night shoots were definitely battle stuff.) /BoatsexBaby has been implying it’s a chaotic Daznak Pit-type scene, but a lot doesn’t add up.

A number of /Freefolkers claim to have sources, but /BoatsexBaby is the only one who provided proof that she knew someone in the production, in her case either one of the doubles or someone who worked with them (a photo of two of the doubles taken from inside their car in Seville).

/BoatsexBaby was told by her source that the Seville filming was for the KL battle. The weird part is that the KL exterior shots from the last two episodes were filmed in late May and June, which means that the only KL exterior stuff involving Sansa is the relatively short scene (since it only took four days to film) shot in Seville at Italica during the day. Seems fishy.

Doesn't seem fishy to me. Sansa's not a fighter. Plus Lena and Nikolaj (who will undoubtedly be part of the KL battle scenes) didn't film in Seville at all.

I think expecting the entirety of the series finale to be an epilogue was a reach. Especially since so many of the characters are so young and it's better if their endings are left a little open ended than something so concrete like the Harry Potter epilogue where we see them all aged up and married with 3 to 4 kids

Archived