Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

7 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Jaqen and waif again? The waif is dead, must be a use of her face, then. Strange, I don't expect both to show up again. Maybe simple misdirection of the crew?

I don't buy the misdirection thing. GOT's not going to fly in cast members to party in Seville for the heck of it. I think whoever was in Seville was there to film something for Season 8, although with Lena Headey (Cersei), who showed up in Seville on Friday and was back filming in Belfast on Monday, I don't know what.

I think that if the day shoot scenes are some sort of big postwar gathering, and if Robin, Edmure, and Yara are present in a scene representing their respective regions (which is a big assumption on my part, granted), why not throw in two FM masquerading as Jaqen and the Waif as representatives of the FM? 

When you think about it, going off the characters whose actors we know were involved in those day shoots, and adding in the minor characters whose actors were in Seville, it seems like a pretty good rundown of the likely endgame leaders of the major regions of Westeros.

23 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I feel like I'm tuned into GRRM's trollish wavelength at this point, so I feel confident in predicting that if Jon ever tries to ride a dragon, that poor beast will die out from under him before they are 15 feet off the ground.

I hope so. The thought of Jon riding a dragon just doesn't work IMO. But, I am sure it will be done...

40 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Do we know when the Theon/Yara scenes are? Probably 8.04?

Dunno, but Theon is apparently at Winterfell before (during?) the big attack in 8x03, if the 4chan leaker is to be believed.

Gemma hasn't been filming very much for Season 8, so either Yara dies early on (in which case Gemma wouldn't have been filming in Seville when she was there) or Theon rescues Yara and she spends the season convalescing from whatever Euron did to her offscreen at Pyke.

An Alfie fan noted that Alfie was in Belfast until mid-late June, so Theon probably makes it at least to 8x05.

7 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Dunno, but Theon is apparently at Winterfell before (during?) the big attack in 8x03, if the 4chan leaker is to be believed.

Gemma hasn't been filming very much for Season 8, so either Yara dies early on (in which case Gemma wouldn't have been filming in Seville when she was there) or Theon rescues Yara and she spends the season convalescing from whatever Euron did to her offscreen at Pyke.

An Alfie fan noted that Alfie was in Belfast until mid-late June, so Theon probably makes it at least to 8x05.

I think what’s going to happen is that Theon will somehow find and rescue Yara early on in the season and then have a final showdown with Euron later on in the season-probably 8x05 imo. 8x05 seems around the right time when Cersei would stop needing Euron as a plot device too lol

3 minutes ago, larastone said:

I think what’s going to happen is that Theon will somehow find and rescue Yara early on in the season and then have a final showdown with Euron later on in the season-probably 8x05 imo. 8x05 seems around the right time when Cersei would stop needing Euron as a plot device too lol

I agree 100%.

If the 8x06 day scenes filmed in Seville are postwar stuff, Theon probably dies taking Euron out, which would explain why Alfie wasn't in Seville.

And again, if I'm right about the 8x06 scenes being postwar stuff, that gives us a good idea of who lives and who doesn't.

Alive: Bran, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Sam, Gendry, Davos, Brienne, Robin, and Lord Royce (as well as Edmure, Yara, and Jorah, since it's not confirmed they filmed in Seville)

I hesitate to add Jaqen and the Waif, since they're only faces used by the FM, so they're not really "alive."

Absent but may be alive anyway: Jon and/or Dany (left Westeros together?), Gilly (back home in the Reach?), Grey Worm and Missandei (left Westeros together?), Lyanna Mormont and Lord Glover (back in the North?)

Dead: Jaime, Cersei, Theon, the Mountain, the Hound, Melisandre, Varys, Euron, Qyburn, and Tormund

...So pretty much everyone one would expect to die and everyone one would expect to live. Not many surprises.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

I agree 100%.

If the 8x06 day scenes filmed in Seville are postwar stuff, Theon probably dies taking Euron out, which would explain why Alfie wasn't in Seville.

And again, if I'm right about the 8x06 scenes being postwar stuff, that gives us a good idea of who lives and who doesn't.

Alive: Bran, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Sam, Gendry, Davos, Brienne, Robin, and Lord Royce (as well as Edmure, Yara, and Jorah, since it's not confirmed they filmed in Seville)

I hesitate to add Jaqen and the Waif, since they're only faces used by the FM, so they're not really "alive."

Absent but may be alive anyway: Jon and/or Dany (left Westeros together?), Gilly (back home in the Reach?), Grey Worm and Missandei (left Westeros together?), Lyanna Mormont and Lord Glover (back in the North?)

Dead: Jaime, Cersei, Theon, the Mountain, the Hound, Melisandre, Varys, Euron, Qyburn, and Tormund

...So pretty much everyone one would expect to die and everyone one would expect to live. Not many surprises.

Actually I think it's possible that Theon survives. I wouldn't take Alfie not being in Seville as confirmation of him not surviving.

Cersei has undoubtedly survived this long because of how much D&D love her. She's the character they're the best at writing, and I'm guessing that they're hoping Lena will finally win an Emmy. The awards circuit seems to have moved on from GOT at this point (although they did just nominate Nikolaj for the first time, so it's still making some impression), but with this being the final season, she may still have a chance. 

17 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Awayforthelads on reddit leaked S7, he hasn't leaked anything for S8.  

That may be where you saw the Season 7 leak, its not where I saw it.

Regardless, you didnt answer the question. 

45 minutes ago, dsjj251 said:

That may be where you saw the Season 7 leak, its not where I saw it.

Regardless, you didnt answer the question. 

You can post whatever info you have in this thread, it's fine. 

Lads was THE leaker for S7 though, he spoiled everything on Reddit in October 2016, when production had barely even started.  I also think Frikidoctor and Dragonglassbenjen provided some additional info closer to the S7 premiere (specific dialogue).  

If you saw the S7 info outside of Reddit and they claimed it was their own without citing one of those 3 dudes as the source, they are probably not trustworthy.  I think some Youtubers passed off the Lads info as their own before S7, so be especially wary of them.  

13 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Cersei has undoubtedly survived this long because of how much D&D love her. She's the character they're the best at writing, and I'm guessing that they're hoping Lena will finally win an Emmy. The awards circuit seems to have moved on from GOT at this point (although they did just nominate Nikolaj for the first time, so it's still making some impression), but with this being the final season, she may still have a chance. 

I highly doubt she’s just alive because d&d love her, she’s pretty expensive. HBO isn’t just a charity,  that would be willing to pay her millions because the showrunners love her. She’s around because she won’t probbaly won’t die till the end in the never published books either. Considering now we pretty much know Jon, Dany, Tyrion, stark siblings aren’t dying, it makes sense that she would be the big main character death left till the end in both show and books

16 minutes ago, larastone said:

I highly doubt she’s just alive because d&d love her, she’s pretty expensive. HBO isn’t just a charity,  that would be willing to pay her millions because the showrunners love her. She’s around because she won’t probbaly won’t die till the end in the never published books either. Considering now we pretty much know Jon, Dany, Tyrion, stark siblings aren’t dying, it makes sense that she would be the big main character death left till the end in both show and books

Well, Lena is also a pretty big draw for the audience, as well. She's the most compelling villain they have these days, and Cersei has a fanbase. Cersei isn't my favorite character in the books, but she's my favorite part of the show. There's a reason she keeps getting nominated for all those awards. 

19 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Well, Lena is also a pretty big draw for the audience, as well. She's the most compelling villain they have these days, and Cersei has a fanbase. Cersei isn't my favorite character in the books, but she's my favorite part of the show. There's a reason she keeps getting nominated for all those awards. 

Sure, but being a loved character isn’t enough to stick around on this show. 

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

45 minutes ago, larastone said:

Sure, but being a loved character isn’t enough to stick around on this show. 

Well, if GRRM was writing it, I would agree with you. The original point is D&D kept Cersei going, since GRRM hasn't written her ending yet. I personally think Cersei making it this far makes zero sense as far as the books go. I do think they kept her because she is a huge draw for the show and after the Sansa rape thing, they wanted to focus more on women being bad asses and doing what they want with no repercussions. That is Cersei's character in the last two seasons in a nut shell. Now obviously (hopefully) this season will be her demise and that will be the repercussion for her actions, but I think it's fair to say it's a D&D miracle she ha survived this long...

Also, not to gloss over this. But Lena Headey plays this role REALLY well. Now I know they killed off other characters that played their roles well but I would argue that no one else could have done Cersei as well as Lena has, and because of her skill people REALY love her as a villain and as a character. But that is very subjective of course. I didn't want to make it sound like Lena has no acting ability and it's solely D&D that are keeping that role alive.

19 hours ago, larastone said:

Actually I think it's possible that Theon survives. I wouldn't take Alfie not being in Seville as confirmation of him not surviving.

It depends on whether Yara is in those 8x06 scenes or not. I'm not sure that Gemma was in Seville to film for S8, since apparently she was there with her family. (On the other hand, Faye Marsay who plays the Waif was in Seville with her girlfriend, and given that Tom Wlaschiha who plays Jaqen was there, too, she probably filmed something for S8.)

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

Well, if GRRM was writing it, I would agree with you. The original point is D&D kept Cersei going, since GRRM hasn't written her ending yet. I personally think Cersei making it this far makes zero sense as far as the books go. I do think they kept her because she is a huge draw for the show and after the Sansa rape thing, they wanted to focus more on women being bad asses and doing what they want with no repercussions. That is Cersei's character in the last two seasons in a nut shell. Now obviously (hopefully) this season will be her demise and that will be the repercussion for her actions, but I think it's fair to say it's a D&D miracle she ha survived this long...

Also, not to gloss over this. But Lena Headey plays this role REALLY well. Now I know they killed off other characters that played their roles well but I would argue that no one else could have done Cersei as well as Lena has, and because of her skill people REALY love her as a villain and as a character. But that is very subjective of course. I didn't want to make it sound like Lena has no acting ability and it's solely D&D that are keeping that role alive.

GRRM has said that he has know the main lannisters, Starks, Jon and Dany’s endgame since the very beginning lol. D&d had a meeting with him and were told the fates of all main characters. Whatever you or anyone else think might happen or “what makes sense” in the later books is just conjecture as they have not been released and who knows if they ever will be at this point.

a character like “Bronn” is probably more of the type of character that d&D are keeping around for fans as he’s a very minor character whose endgame GRRM might not have been sure of until he gets to that point on writing.

Cersei is not lol, she’s a main character whose death would be a HUGE deal. Frankly, after the ned’s death and red wedding, she would be the biggest death in the show. It is much MORE likely that she’s still alive bc of GRRM’s own endgame than just D&D loving her so much to give her millions and millions of dollars regardless of plot.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

It depends on whether Yara is in those 8x06 scenes or not. I'm not sure that Gemma was in Seville to film for S8, since apparently she was there with her family. (On the other hand, Faye Marsay who plays the Waif was in Seville with her girlfriend, and given that Tom Wlaschiha who plays Jaqen was there, too, she probably filmed something for S8.)

Well you have to keep in mind that not the entirety of 8x06 was filmed in Spain. They only filmed there for 4 days after all. So just because someone didn’t film in Seville doesn’t mean they won’t be in 8x06.

i agree that Faye probably filmed.

As far now I’m really leaning on Theon surviving. He’s one of those characters who has been tortured too much that him dying would almost be too easy at this point imo. 

8 minutes ago, larastone said:

Cersei is not lol, she’s a main character whose death would be a HUGE deal. Frankly, after the ned’s death and red wedding, she would be the biggest death in the show. It is much MORE likely that she’s still alive bc of GRRM’s own endgame than just D&D loving her so much to give her millions and millions of dollars regardless of plot.

Agreed. The main characters deaths will be GRRM decision.

12 minutes ago, larastone said:

GRRM has said that he has know the main lannisters, Starks, Jon and Dany’s endgame since the very beginning lol. D&d had a meeting with him and were told the fates of all main characters. Whatever you or anyone else think might happen or “what makes sense” in the later books is just conjecture as they have not been released and who knows if they ever will be at this point.

a character like “Bronn” is probably more of the type of character that d&D are keeping around for fans as he’s a very minor character whose endgame GRRM might not have been sure of until he gets to that point on writing.

GRRM also said he is a gardener and let's the story grow organically. If that's the case, he doesn't know how it will end. He could want it to end a certain way but it doesn't mean it will. Stephan King has a whole section of his book "On Writing" dedicated to this very thing.

I am not saying she is not a main character. I am saying that a character that has pretty much nothing at the end of the fifth book, would have an extremely hard time staying and ascending in power, assuming Tommen dies which he probably will. The whole end of the fifth book is talking about how much she has messed up constantly and Kevan trying to fix things, then subsequently gets murdered so the damage she has done can't be fixed.

Now can you explain how she gets to stay in power, suddenly doesn't keep screwing up things and actually becomes queen of the seven realms, sure it's possible. GRRM is going to have to do it in the books if she is to stay in power and ascend to the crown. But D&D didn't really. She just took it or was left alone for no specific reasons. Maybe she does make it to the end of GRRM's story, but I will bet anything he will do a much better job of explaining how she stays in power than D&D did. And since they did a lousy job of explaining it, it's easy to see how they kept her because they wanted her.

Also, if you want to talk about the business side of it, yes she costs millions of millions of dollars. But, she also makes the show millions of millions of dollars. Now I don't think that's the reason they kept her at all but if you want to get business involved, let's not act like she isn't worth the money they put into her pocket....

Archived