Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, larastone said:

Well you have to keep in mind that not the entirety of 8x06 was filmed in Spain. They only filmed there for 4 days after all. So just because someone didn’t film in Seville doesn’t mean they won’t be in 8x06.

i agree that Faye probably filmed.

As far now I’m really leaning on Theon surviving. He’s one of those characters who has been tortured too much that him dying would almost be too easy at this point imo. 

I'm aware that only one or two scenes could have been filmed over the course of four days (and nights), but I keep thinking that the Seville day shoots were for a big postwar group scene with all the surviving major players remaining in Westeros, so if Yara is there but Theon isn't, it's because Theon is dead. 

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

GRRM also said he is a gardener and let's the story grow organically. If that's the case, he doesn't know how it will end. He could want it to end a certain way but it doesn't mean it will. Stephan King has a whole section of his book "On Writing" dedicated to this very thing.

I am not saying she is not a main character. I am saying that a character that has pretty much nothing at the end of the fifth book, would have an extremely hard time staying and ascending in power, assuming Tommen dies which he probably will. The whole end of the fifth book is talking about how much she has messed up constantly and Kevan trying to fix things, then subsequently gets murdered so the damage she has done can't be fixed.

Now can you explain how she gets to stay in power, suddenly doesn't keep screwing up things and actually becomes queen of the seven realms, sure it's possible. GRRM is going to have to do it in the books if she is to stay in power and ascend to the crown. But D&D didn't really. She just took it or was left alone for no specific reasons. Maybe she does make it to the end of GRRM's story, but I will bet anything he will do a much better job of explaining how she stays in power than D&D did. And since they did a lousy job of explaining it, it's easy to see how they kept her because they wanted her.

Also, if you want to talk about the business side of it, yes she costs millions of millions of dollars. But, she also makes the show millions of millions of dollars. Now I don't think that's the reason they kept her at all but if you want to get business involved, let's not act like she isn't worth the money they put into her pocket....

i mean he's literally said that he's always known the main ending and endgames, despite being a gardener:

Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be. I knew what the principal deaths were gonna be, and when they were coming. That would be the closest thing.

But there would be some secondary characters, like Bronn, Tyrion’s henchman, [who] became a such a popular character. He came out of nowhere. [I was thinking], “Okay, Tyrion has meets these two sellswords, Bronn and Chiggen. And one’s going to fight for him. Which one is it gonna be? Okay, we’ll go with Bronn.” But as I wrote about him, he developed a personality of his own. And his past is super-mysterious, you don’t know where he’s born from, where he comes from, but he’s fun to write about. He comes into a scene — once he’s been cast in the TV show, they have a wonderful actor playing him — and he becomes real.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-answers-our-toughest-song-of-ice-and-886133300

but you do you I guess. I personally think the notion that Cersei is still only alive bc D&D like Lena is totally nonsensical and was trying to explain why, but I'm afraid that talking about this more is just gonna be a waste of my time and anergy. 

22 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I'm aware that only one or two scenes could have been filmed over the course of four days (and nights), but I keep thinking that the Seville day shoots were for a big postwar group scene with all the surviving major players remaining in Westeros, so if Yara is there but Theon isn't, it's because Theon is dead. 

I see. Well we have no idea if they are postwar scenes right now, only time will tell that. 

6 minutes ago, larastone said:

I see. Well we have no idea if they are postwar scenes right now, only time will tell that. 

Yeah, the only leaker who seems to have legit inside information (/BoatsexBaby) has sworn up and down that their information is that the Seville scenes are KL battle stuff, so I admit that they could well be KL battle scenes and I could be completely wrong about this, but the more I think about it given what we know about who was filming and such, the more a postwar scene is the only thing that makes sense to me.

19 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yeah, the only leaker who seems to have legit inside information (/BoatsexBaby) has sworn up and down that their information is that the Seville scenes are KL battle stuff, so I admit that they could well be KL battle scenes and I could be completely wrong about this, but the more I think about it given what we know about who was filming and such, the more a postwar scene is the only thing that makes sense to me.

didn't she say they could be running away scenes like those of daznak's pit because of the stunt doubles? i could totally see that from the people that were filming. 

11 minutes ago, larastone said:

didn't she say they could be running away scenes like those of daznak's pit because of the stunt doubles? i could totally see that from the people that were filming. 

Yes, and initially I thought that was correct, but on reflection, it really doesn't make any sense.

/BoatsexBaby speculated that the actors who had doubles--Peter, Gwendoline, Sophie and Lino--were running around doing something dangerous, while the actors who didn't have doubles in Spain--Maisie, Joe, John, Isaac, and Liam--were filming another, separate scene, involving less action. However, Maisie, Joe, Isaac and Liam filmed for all four filming weekdays (Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) along with Peter, Gwendoline and Sophie (and John as well, I'm not sure). So Peter/Gwendoline/Sophie and Maisie/Joe/Isaac/Liam were all there, at the same location, at the same time, for the same amount of time, but were filming different scenes simultaneously? It makes no sense.

Whatever they were filming during the day, they were all filming it together, in my opinion, and since they only had four days worth of filming, it was probably not too long a scene. It took them two weeks to film the Season 7 dragonpit stuff, but to be fair that was about 30 minutes' worth of scenes if you count the scenes where Tyrion meets Podrick, etc. filmed outside the Italica amphitheatre.

22 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yes, and initially I thought that was correct, but on reflection, it really doesn't make any sense.

/BoatsexBaby speculated that the actors who had doubles--Peter, Gwendoline, Sophie and Lino--were running around doing something dangerous, while the actors who didn't have doubles in Spain--Maisie, Joe, John, Isaac, and Liam--were filming another, separate scene, involving less action. However, Maisie, Joe, Isaac and Liam filmed for all four filming weekdays (Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) along with Peter, Gwendoline and Sophie (and John as well, I'm not sure). So Peter/Gwendoline/Sophie and Maisie/Joe/Isaac/Liam were all there, at the same location, at the same time, for the same amount of time, but were filming different scenes simultaneously? It makes no sense. Whatever they were filming during the day, they were all filming it together, in my opinion.

I can't find it right now, but I swear Boatsexbaby said there were two/three different parts of the Italica that they could be filming at. Maybe she was thinking of that when saying that. 

1 minute ago, larastone said:

I can't find it right now, but I swear Boatsexbaby said there were two/three different parts of the Italica that they could be filming at. Maybe she was thinking of that when saying that. 

Two scenes filmed sequentially would make sense, as in Dubrovnik, but there wouldn't be two scenes filmed simultaneously, which is what /BoatsexBaby was implying was the reason for Sophie/Peter/Gwendoline having doubles and Maisie/John/Joe/Liam/Isaac not having doubles. Not to mention that in four days there's only so much they can film, even a straightforward scene.

Also, if there were multiple scenes filmed sequentially during the day with different actors, you would expect to see the actors who weren't filming on a particular day hanging out at the hotel or in Seville or whatever as NCW and Faye were doing. We know, however, that certain actors filmed for the whole day on every filming weekday, meaning that they were all in the same scene or scenes.

4 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Two scenes filmed sequentially would make sense, as in Dubrovnik, but there wouldn't be two scenes filmed simultaneously, which is what /BoatsexBaby was implying was the reason for Sophie/Peter/Gwendoline having doubles and Maisie/John/Joe/Liam/Isaac not having doubles. Not to mention that in four days there's only so much they can film, even a straightforward scene.

Also, if there were multiple scenes filmed sequentially during the day with different actors, you would expect to see the actors who weren't filming on a particular day hanging out at the hotel or in Seville or whatever as NCW and Faye were doing. We know, however, that certain actors filmed for the whole day on every filming weekday, meaning that they were all in the same scene or scenes.

Interesting points, but even if they were filming postwar scenes like you speculate why would only certain actors have doubles and not all of them? So maybe they were just all filming 1 scene together but certain characters had to run for whatever reason and certain characters didn't. 

26 minutes ago, larastone said:

Interesting points, but even if they were filming postwar scenes like you speculate why would only certain actors have doubles and not all of them? So maybe they were just all filming 1 scene together but certain characters had to run for whatever reason and certain characters didn't. 

Stand-ins and doubles are used for things other than risky scenes, though, and /BoatsexBaby called them both stand-ins and doubles (and in a few instances "stand-ins/doubles") and wouldn't clarify which one they meant, even though stand-ins and doubles serve very different functions. So the whole thing's pretty muddy. /BoatsexBaby seems to be taking their information that the dragonpit scenes are battle scenes and reasoning backwards to assume that Sophie and co. need doubles because they'll be in an action scene, but it doesn't add up.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Stand-ins and doubles are used for things other than risky scenes, though, and /BoatsexBaby called them both stand-ins and doubles (and in a few instances "stand-ins/doubles") and wouldn't clarify which one they meant, even though stand-ins and doubles serve very different functions. So the whole thing's pretty muddy. /BoatsexBaby seems to be taking their information that the dragonpit scenes are battle scenes and reasoning backwards to assume that Sophie and co. need doubles because they'll be in an action scene, but it doesn't add up.

If I recall correctly she said stand ins. Well we won’t know for sure what they filmed till next year, but I still think that characters not filming there doesn’t mean they’re dead.

7 minutes ago, larastone said:

If I recall correctly she said stand ins. Well we won’t know for sure what they filmed till next year, but I still think that characters not filming there doesn’t mean they’re dead.

Also, characters filming there could die in those scenes.

I don't have any information, but I am expecting something unexpected: Cersei or Jaime surviving, Tyrion dying, ...

3 hours ago, larastone said:

Not necessarily, no. Depends on the character. 

2 hours ago, alienarea said:

Die from what? No actors playing villains were present for day filming except the NK's actor, and he allegedly wasn't in costume during the day.

10 hours ago, alienarea said:

I don't have any information, but I am expecting something unexpected: Cersei or Jaime surviving, Tyrion dying, ...

I hope that there will be unexpected developments and I am pretty sure there will. However, Tyrion is on my survival list, since he seems to be a favorite character of GRRM and him dying migth be shocking, but it is difficult to make it an important plot line.

10 hours ago, alienarea said:

Very true.

7 hours ago, Newstar said:

Die from what?

Arya killing someone, just for example? There are no totally "non-villain" characters in this show, anyway.

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Arya killing someone, just for example? There are no totally "non-villain" characters in this show, anyway.

The red comet could smash them.

One or more could have been poisoned, get a stress-induced stroke, or commit suicide ...

So, according to youtuber Fire and Blood and his outline for 8x05, Sansa...

Spoiler

dies by being kidnapped and forced to drink a poison while imprisoned Jon is watching

This reeks of fanfic... :D 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:19 AM, larastone said:

i mean he's literally said that he's always known the main ending and endgames, despite being a gardener:

but you do you I guess. I personally think the notion that Cersei is still only alive bc D&D like Lena is totally nonsensical and was trying to explain why, but I'm afraid that talking about this more is just gonna be a waste of my time and anergy. 

Just gonna remind you that Cersei wasn't a main character from the beginning.

Just look at his outline. If he's being vague as in "I knew who lives or dies" then it holds up but if he's being a bit more specific than that then the initial outline proves that his endgame changed.

Like Arya hooks up with Jon, Jaime is the evil king ruthlessly knocking people out, Cersei is a non-entity and Tyrion/Bran are in deadly rivalries with Jon .

So if Dany is now the one hooking up with Jon not Arya then their endgame has changed unless he's being very broad when he says that. 

Anyways, yeah, it's likely that D & D held off on killing Cersei because they needed a human antagonist and they didn't want to do Aegon so they replaced him with Cersei. Now that's not to say that I don't think Cersei is going to make it to the last book because I do but it's likely that Cersei dies in the first half of the last book rather than making it to nearly the very end.

Cersei's a much more peripheral character in the books than in the show.

24 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Cersei's a much more peripheral character in the books than in the show.

she was the best part of a AFFC. i found her chapters so much fun and entertaining. 

she also had the most chapters if I am not mistaken with ten... 

so not peripheral in that book. 

but I do agree in the sense that if it makes sense to speak in these terms, she was certainly a view point character earlier in the show than in the books 

Archived