Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Romantically. 

Lmaoooooo I don’t really think there’s time for that and I don’t think Peter would be comfortable with that at all. I do think they’re gonna end up together as platonic bffs tho. It would be a nice subversion of what Sansa wanted in the beginning: she wanted a fairy tale romance with a beautiful prince/Knight. And will end up in a platonic love relationship with tyrion.

26 minutes ago, larastone said:

Lmaoooooo I don’t really think there’s time for that and I don’t think Peter would be comfortable with that at all. I do think they’re gonna end up together as platonic bffs tho. It would be a nice subversion of what Sansa wanted in the beginning: she wanted a fairy tale romance with a beautiful prince/Knight. And will end up in a platonic love relationship with tyrion.

And Sansa ending up with Tyrion romantically would be an even greater subversion of what she wanted in the beginning, although that’s not one of the reasons for my increasing certainty that they’re endgame.

52 minutes ago, Newstar said:

And Sansa ending up with Tyrion romantically would be an even greater subversion of what she wanted in the beginning, although that’s not one of the reasons for my increasing certainty that they’re endgame.

I’m guessing you think it’s because of all the times they’ve mentioned each other these past few seasons while they’re apart? Well I don’t necessarily think that means romantic/sexual attraction. I don’t think the general audience would react well to a tyrion/Sansa romance, I just can’t see d&d going there

28 minutes ago, larastone said:

I’m guessing you think it’s because of all the times they’ve mentioned each other these past few seasons while they’re apart? Well I don’t necessarily think that means romantic/sexual attraction. I don’t think the general audience would react well to a tyrion/Sansa romance, I just can’t see d&d going there

1. That, among other things.

2. Lol, like D&D care what the “general audience” would like.

40 minutes ago, Newstar said:

1. That, among other things.

2. Lol, like D&D care what the “general audience” would like.

I really did not get the sense of any romantic and sexual feelings from either Sansa or Tyrion when mentioning each other. Like at all lol....

I think they absolutely do care what the general audience would like lol. Season 6 and 7 were fanservicey as fuck after season 5 was universally disliked by most fans.

i usually agree with you but I'll have to disagree here, I think there's 0 chance a Tyrion/Sansa romance will happen in season 8. I don't even think there really will be a jaime/Brienne or Arya/gendry romance.

i think just like season 7, the two main romantic relationships will be Jon/Dany and Jaime/Cersei (they will still be hugely important to each other even while being apart for 3 or 4 episodes imo) with Greyworm/Missandei and Sam/Gilly as sideshows.

1 hour ago, larastone said:

I really did not get the sense of any romantic and sexual feelings from either Sansa or Tyrion when mentioning each other. Like at all lol....

I think they absolutely do care what the general audience would like lol. Season 6 and 7 were fanservicey as fuck after season 5 was universally disliked by most fans.

i usually agree with you but I'll have to disagree here, I think there's 0 chance a Tyrion/Sansa romance will happen in season 8. I don't even think there really will be a jaime/Brienne or Arya/gendry romance.

i think just like season 7, the two main romantic relationships will be Jon/Dany and Jaime/Cersei (they will still be hugely important to each other even while being apart for 3 or 4 episodes imo) with Greyworm/Missandei and Sam/Gilly as sideshows.

I used to think that S8 would be too crowded already in the romance department to leave any room for Sansa/Tyrion given the established relationships you mentioned, along with the possibility of some movement on the Jaime/Brienne front, but I’ve changed my mind.

Thinking Sansa and Tyrion will end up together is probably the ultimate unpopular opinion, so I can’t say I blame you for disagreeing with me, lol. 

44 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I used to think that S8 would be too crowded already in the romance department to leave any room for Sansa/Tyrion given the established relationships you mentioned, along with the possibility of some movement on the Jaime/Brienne front, but I’ve changed my mind.

Thinking Sansa and Tyrion will end up together is probably the ultimate unpopular opinion, so I can’t say I blame you for disagreeing with me, lol. 

Lol I’m not hugely against it or anything, I just don’t really feel like  ROMANTICALLY it’s been set up at all. 

Especially with how much emphasis they’ve put on tyrion/Dany the past couple seasons tbh. There were so many undercurrents of unrequited romantic love coming from tyrion’s side in regards to Dany in the season 7 outlines leaked.

i guess I’m the opposite from you, I used to think season 8 would have a bit of romance and that Jaime/Brienne would definitely get a sex scene. But I’ve changed my mind lol...I no longer think Jaime/Brienne will bang or anyone else really besides maybe a quick Jonerys sex scene after they realize they don’t care that they’re related. 

1 hour ago, larastone said:

Lol I’m not hugely against it or anything, I just don’t really feel like  ROMANTICALLY it’s been set up at all. 

I disagree, but I'm probably the only one who will, lol.

Especially with how much emphasis they’ve put on tyrion/Dany the past couple seasons tbh. There were so many undercurrents of unrequited romantic love coming from tyrion’s side in regards to Dany in the season 7 outlines leaked.

I used to think that that ruled out Sansa and Tyrion ending up together as well, but I've changed my mind.

2 hours ago, larastone said:

i guess I’m the opposite from you, I used to think season 8 would have a bit of romance and that Jaime/Brienne would definitely get a sex scene. But I’ve changed my mind lol...I no longer think Jaime/Brienne will bang or anyone else really besides maybe a quick Jonerys sex scene after they realize they don’t care that they’re related. 

Sansa and Tyrion are at least good platonically. I’m not a fan of Sansa getting together with someone who’s got 20+ years on her (read: Littlefinger). 

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

Sansa and Tyrion are at least good platonically. I’m not a fan of Sansa getting together with someone who’s got 20+ years on her (read: Littlefinger). 

Same. And I don't see d&d going there at all, especially after she just killed pedofinger 

9 hours ago, larastone said:

Same. And I don't see d&d going there at all, especially after she just killed pedofinger 

D&D will go there if it’s GRRM’s endgame, and GRRM as far as I can tell has no problem with romances with significant age differences in ASOIAF and related stories. (Even the Targ backstories have their share of romances with significant age differences: Elaena/Alyn Velaryon were 30 years apart, Daemon/Nettles were 30 years apart, etc.) I don’t think SanSan is endgame, but the age difference has nothing to do with why I think that. 

59 minutes ago, Newstar said:

D&D will go there if it’s GRRM’s endgame, and GRRM as far as I can tell has no problem with romances with significant age differences in ASOIAF and related stories. (Even the Targ backstories have their share of romances with significant age differences: Elaena/Alyn Velaryon were 30 years apart, Daemon/Nettles were 30 years apart, etc.) I don’t think SanSan is endgame, but the age difference has nothing to do with why I think that. 

Sansa is not attracted to tyrion in the books.

2 hours ago, larastone said:

Sansa is not attracted to tyrion in the books.

That Sansa is not currently attracted to Tyrion is undeniably true. I’m still increasingly sure they’re going to end up together, though.  #stillabetterlovestorythantwilight

27 minutes ago, Newstar said:

That Sansa is not currently attracted to Tyrion is undeniably true. I’m still increasingly sure they’re going to end up together, though.  #stillabetterlovestorythantwilight

Still, having a couple that aren’t attracted to each other causes trouble. Look at Robert and Cersei.

5 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

I cant think of anything more boring than giving us romantic scenes in the last season. No time for such nonsense.

I agree tbh. No thanks lol. The romance scenes on GOT are bad/boring anyways. I’m not to worried though, HBO is slowly moving away from gratuitous sex scenes in their shows imo. Season 2 of Westworld only had 1 short sex scene. 

On 8/19/2018 at 8:31 AM, Newstar said:

I can't see a reason why Sansa would choose to stay with Tyrion. Sansa doesn't like Lannisters and Sansa isn't attracted to Tyrion.

And if you believe that GRRM has the same endgame in mind for his main five as he did int he beginning then logically, Tyrion won't end up with Sansa.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Newstar said:

Even though I’ve argued against it strenuously in the past, I’m increasingly certain Tyrion and Sansa are going to end up together in the show, which if it happens is going to lead to some lively discussions about whether the same will happen in the books, lol.

No.  Oh, no.  No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, larastone said:

Yes!

On 8/18/2018 at 10:59 AM, Newstar said:

weren't you on the whole Sansa will never end up with anyone train?

How did this road to Damascus event happen? 

Archived