Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

if Tyrion or Jon are dead than yea we won't be getting more adventures. So what GRRM said would still be true. 

Perhaps you are correct but it would seem to me that if those characters don't survive season 8 there would be no reason to even make that statement to begin with, unless he was trying to be intentionally misleading. I guess we shall see. 

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Friki dropping his news tomorrow! who knows if he has anything, but at least he is keeping the offseason exciting 

Hahaha, I honestly thought I would be bored until next season. I was wrong again... haha.

Changing my guess: I think it's gonna be #1.  With the caveat that "NK wins" doesn't mean everyone dies.  It just means the WWs are in control of most of Westeros (including a destroyed KL), and the Long Night 2.0 war to take it all back begins. 

That's the ending I've been expecting for a few years.  I'm sticking to it until Friki says otherwise.  He's leaked both S6 and S7 material reliably, so I'll trust whatever he says.  

51 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Changing my guess: I think it's gonna be #1.  With the caveat that "NK wins" doesn't mean everyone dies.  It just means the WWs are in control of most of Westeros (including a destroyed KL), and the Long Night 2.0 war to take it all back begins. 

That's the ending I've been expecting for a few years.  I'm sticking to it until Friki says otherwise.  He's leaked both S6 and S7 material reliably, so I'll trust whatever he says.  

You could be on to something with a second caveat NK = Bran being the third WTF twist.

1 hour ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Well, there was a flurry of bets on Bran being king in the end a few months ago, to the point that betting was suspended. So if Bran is the NK, and Bran ends up on the Iron Throne, then that's Friki's ending #1.

23 minutes ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

Frikidoctor said in his twitter account that tomorrow he will make a video with spoilers about the end of the season.

Yeah, it's supposed to be up in about 30-31 hours. (So late Friday night/early Saturday morning on Spain time.)

Hace 14 minutos, Newstar dijo:

Bueno, hubo una ráfaga de apuestas sobre Bran siendo rey al final hace unos meses, hasta el punto de que las apuestas se suspendieron. Entonces, si Bran es el NK y Bran termina en el Trono de Hierro, entonces ese es el final de Friki # 1.

Sí, se supone que debe estar en alrededor de 30-31 horas. (Muy tarde el viernes por la noche / temprano el sábado por la mañana a la hora de España).

On 9/5/2018 at 4:36 PM, Newstar said:

Frikidoctor just posted on Twitter an ad for a T-shirt saying "Choose Your Own Ending (...) Spoiling Is Not a Crime" depicting four possible endings to GOT, with a message saying that he is almost sure that the ending to GOT is on the shirt (details next week, apparently). These are the endings:

1. NK wins

2. Jon and Dany are king and queen, Tyrion dies

3. Dany is queen, Jon dies

4. Tyrion is king, Jon and Dany die

I honestly can see number 4 happening in the books but with somebody else as king or queen at the end instead of Tyrion. So if that happens on the show I would actually be pleased. Out of those 4 options that's the one that seems more likely and fitting (I would let Tyrion remain Hand).

In my opinion there is no way number 2 will happen in the books (the first part, not so much Tyrion dying) and I doubt they'll put it in the show; it's just not the right ending for this show/series. I also don't see number 3 - Dany being queen - happening, and thee Night King winning seems unlikely, although being the one ending not affected by the books, who knows what D&D will pull.

One of the FreeFolk mods is pouring a bit of cold water on the hype for Friki's leaks.  They say Friki doesn't know the whole ending, he's just going to "mention a death" that will help narrow down the ending.  Friki only "thinks" the ending is one of the four possibilities on the shirt, he doesn't "know". 

FreeFolk mod said he will "mention a death"...so unless they intentionally used the singular incorrectly, Friki has to believe it's either 2 or 3 on the shirt.  He knows that either Jon or Tyrion die.  That's his info. 

Personally, I hope it's Tyrion.  I could stomach Tyrion turns villain more easily (though I won't like it) than Jon dying right after learning R+L.  Friki's vid is supposed to come at 1-2 am Spanish time Saturday., so 6-7 pm Eastern time Friday in the US.  Gonna be a long 24 hours.  Been waiting so long to have answers to these kinds of questions. '

EDIT:  I looked through that mods post history, and yesterday they were linking to posts made by two leakers who pushed the Tyrion betrayal narrative , saying they believed them because of some info they got that 'everyone else would have soon enough'.  

I'm feeling a little more confident now that the spoiler is Tyrion dies/betrays.  Could be seeing what I want to see though.    

It seems likely Jaime dies next season.  

An arbitrator finds that an agreement signed by Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau with Jill Littman and Impression Entertainment was real. The actor is fighting paying the $2 million ordered…

GoT salary: Coster-Waldau is now getting more than $1 million an episode for his work on Game of Thrones. (SPOILER: He’s also signed up for just four episodes in the coming season.)

http://watchersonthewall.com/nikolaj-coster-waldau-spoiler-game-of-thrones-season-8/

So WOMB's info from earlier this year may be correct.

I personally want Tyrion dead, I like him as a character, but Show Tyrion isn't suppose to be as nice, they're going to push his jealousy and insecurities to become the Betrayal of love ( same in the books I think ) for his family.

I also want Tywin's line extinguished to kill off his and Cersei's long legacy dream, it be payback for Castemere and the red wedding . It will leave Sansa free to marry or not and maybe ( in book ) bring her back in line for Winterfell.

I feel bad for my Jonsa friends, but unless Friki has a bombshell surprise there isn't a Jon Sansa marriage, I do hope we get a jump and find out she did marry and had children, I don't need to know who the person is, just hear kids called Ned, Robb, Rickon , Catand a variation of Arya and last name Stark.

11 hours ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

It seems likely Jaime dies next season.  

So WOMB's info from earlier this year may be correct.

1. The court documents in their entirety show that NCW will be paid for six S8 episodes.

2. The main cast are paid for all the episodes of the season, regardless of how many they appear in.

3. NCW was still filming in June, when Sapochnik and D&D were directing, so he probably makes it to 8x05 at least.

7 hours ago, Grail King said:

I personally want Tyrion dead, I like him as a character, but Show Tyrion isn't suppose to be as nice, they're going to push his jealousy and insecurities to become the Betrayal of love ( same in the books I think ) for his family.

I also want Tywin's line extinguished to kill off his and Cersei's long legacy dream, it be payback for Castemere and the red wedding . It will leave Sansa free to marry or not and maybe ( in book ) bring her back in line for Winterfell.

I feel bad for my Jonsa friends, but unless Friki has a bombshell surprise there isn't a Jon Sansa marriage, I do hope we get a jump and find out she did marry and had children, I don't need to know who the person is, just hear kids called Ned, Robb, Rickon , Catand a variation of Arya and last name Stark.

How would Friki (and Enty23) claim to know for a fact that Jonsa won’t happen if his only spoilery info is that Tyrion dies? It seems he must know that Jon and Dany survive AND that Tyrion doesn’t to speak confidently about Jonsa being DOA...unless he doesn’t know and is just assuming based on Tyrion’s death that Jon and Dany are safe, or unless he knows that Sansa dies at well. A ship is never 100% off the table unless one of them is dead.

I don’t feel bad for the Jonsa fans, personally. They were warned.

7 hours ago, Grail King said:

I am re-watching the show now and I see this more and more happening. Tyrion was never quite the same after Joffrey's death. He has his moments because they still want him to be a likable character on the show (I guess to make his downfall harder?) But I definitely see Tyrion being a character you kinda like and root for in the beginning and end up hating at the end. The opposite of Jamie. 

Though, if that means Jon and Dany survive in the end and sit on the throne, ugh....

As far as Sansa, they are probably going to have it be someone on the show we know, I would assume a Gendry type (I can't think of anyone else on the show....) I definitely could see Sansa being Queen of da norf so she would have to/most likely marry someone who is not "more powerful" than she is...  This is just my gut level thoughts on it. 

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I am re-watching the show now and I see this more and more happening. Tyrion was never quite the same after Joffrey's death. He has his moments because they still want him to be a likable character on the show (I guess to make his downfall harder?) But I definitely see Tyrion being a character you kinda like and root for in the beginning and end up hating at the end. The opposite of Jamie. 

Though, if that means Jon and Dany survive in the end and sit on the throne, ugh....

As far as Sansa, they are probably going to have it be someone on the show we know, I would assume a Gendry type (I can't think of anyone else on the show....) I definitely could see Sansa being Queen of da norf so she would have to/most likely marry someone who is not "more powerful" than she is...  This is just my gut level thoughts on it. 

Tyrion murdered his father, he has to die by American tv standards ;) 

It's probably a typo, and I'm not making fun of you, but "Queen of da norf" is hilarious 

2 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Tyrion murdered his father, he has to die by American tv standards ;) 

It's probably a typo, and I'm not making fun of you, but "Queen of da norf" is hilarious 

That is true, haha.

And yes, typo on purpose. It's just how I see them on the show talking, so I try to spell it phonetically. haha.  

Archived