Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, prettylongclaw said:

I know exactly what Daenerys wants. To put her family back in power in Westeros, the problem will be if they dont want her family or her back in power. Now they have Jon Snow as an alternative and I have no doubt they will choose him. How Dany will handle this decision its what will make season 8 interesting. I have a hint, not very well. 

You’re not a Danerys fan, I take it.

20 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

You’re not a Danerys fan, I take it.

Believe it or not, up until season 7 I tought she would be the queen in the end. Bu then season 7 happened and for me she was a mess. She was screaming at her advisors, threatening to burn them alive if they ever betrayed her, wanting to take her dragons to KL, burning down the food from Highgarden and the Tarlys. There is no way this would be the queen who would bring estability and peace to Wseteros. Thats when I started to rewatch the show and find out a lot of details into Dany storyline. I mean, she was a Tyrant during her rulling in Meereen. The first time we watch we dont notice because we like Dany and keep on thinking that her actions are fair, but then we rewatch and realize that she is terrible. She burned an innocent man alive because she was angry. There is no way she will be the hero in the end.

Watch that scene where she tells the Lannister soldiers to bend the knee; they don't do initially, its only after Drogon screams at them taht they do it. She is using fear and terror to force people to bend the knee to her. Tahst teh same old thing, thats what Cersei, Joffrey and Stannis did. After that scene I realize that Daenerys will be a big problem in season 8. 

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Reveal hidden contents

probably gonna die

A bastard? In what sense'? Then that means that Dany and Jon will not marry?

Even if they don't get married Jon, as King, could always legitimize the child. Actually Daenerys is really screwed if she has a child. It would move her further down in the line of succession to third behind Jon and the child once Jon's parentage is revealed.  So even if Jon dies the best she could hope for is Queen Regent for a period of time until the child is old enough to rule (whatever age that would be). Unless, of course, the child dies.  

15 hours ago, prettylongclaw said:

Believe it or not, up until season 7 I tought she would be the queen in the end. Bu then season 7 happened and for me she was a mess. She was screaming at her advisors, threatening to burn them alive if they ever betrayed her, wanting to take her dragons to KL, burning down the food from Highgarden and the Tarlys. There is no way this would be the queen who would bring estability and peace to Wseteros. Thats when I started to rewatch the show and find out a lot of details into Dany storyline. I mean, she was a Tyrant during her rulling in Meereen. The first time we watch we dont notice because we like Dany and keep on thinking that her actions are fair, but then we rewatch and realize that she is terrible. She burned an innocent man alive because she was angry. There is no way she will be the hero in the end.

Watch that scene where she tells the Lannister soldiers to bend the knee; they don't do initially, its only after Drogon screams at them taht they do it. She is using fear and terror to force people to bend the knee to her. Tahst teh same old thing, thats what Cersei, Joffrey and Stannis did. After that scene I realize that Daenerys will be a big problem in season 8. 

This goes with pretty much all of your comments you mad, but I agree, Dany's arc toward the "mad queen" to me makes the most sense for her overall. Especially in the books. I think the books will do a better job of showing her descent into madness that will make a lot of sense, while it seems like the show just flipped a switch in season 7 (they seemed to do that with a lot of the characters, which was annoying). But when you look through her arc and what she does through the first five books, the foundation is there for a mad king in the making and it makes sense for her arc.

Also, side note, the whole "breaking of the wheel thing" when people think it's to add some kind of democracy to Westeros has always been an amazing conclusion to me. It always seemed to me that the breaking of the wheel was to put her family on in charge of everything (since each spoke was a different family that ruled Westeros and all she wants to do is rule what's "rightfully" hers). 

9 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Also, side note, the whole "breaking of the wheel thing" when people think it's to add some kind of democracy to Westeros has always been an amazing conclusion to me. It always seemed to me that the breaking of the wheel was to put her family on in charge of everything (since each spoke was a different family that ruled Westeros and all she wants to do is rule what's "rightfully" hers). 

Just to remind, that if this proves to be correct, Joffrey had the similar idea in Season 1.

10 hours ago, btfu806 said:

She put her own House among spokes, if i'm not wrong.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, prettylongclaw said:

I rewatch the show several times after season 7 has ended. They have been telling us that Daenerys will destroy Kings Landing since season 1. Thats why even the way they filmed Daenerys last season changed, they are preparing her to be the final antagonist. The minute she burned down the Tarlys, father and son, I knew it she would not be the final queen. She is literally repeating her father's mistakes. And now she will find out the Throne doesnt belong to her. 

I get it that this is a very unpopular opnion, but if we pay attention to her reign in Meereen the red falgs were already there. Daenerys failed in Meereen because she herself is a poor ruler. The first thing she did after conquering the city was to crucify 160 masters without bother to organize a trial. Thats revenge, thats not justice. Justice would have been organizing a trial, find out who were the responsible for the crimes against the children, punish those accordingly, then punished the other who also helped with those actions. But this is slow, boring, its not satisfying as revenge. Then later Ser Barristan later tells her she should follow the law from now on and she agrees with him. She announces to her people that from now on every crime should have a trial and investigation; well, tahts  until Ser Barristan is killed by the Sons of the Harpys, then she immediately forgets the trials and takes all the leaders of the Noble families to her dungeous and feeds one to her dragons to intimidated the rest of them. Again, this is not justice, this is revenge.

Daenerys literally only follows the law when she is in a good mood, when she is angry she kills anyone she wants and never pays for those crimes. That man she burned alive and feed to her dragons was innocent. But we dont care about him because he is non character name. A ruler who believes to be above the law and only follows the law when she wants its a nightmare for a kingdom. Meereen would never have peace and prosperity while Daenerys rules them.

Daenerys also completely sabotages her alliance with Hidzar. If you rewatch the show you will notice he is always nice and polite to Daenerys, he always giver her good advice, moderate and sensate ideas, But she doesnt trusts him and instead prefers to listen to Daario and she is extremely rude and disrespectful of him. That relationship with Hdzar was supposed to parallel Cersei relationships with the Tyrells. Cersei never understood that even tho she doesnt  like Maergery, that allience would had made her family power stronger. Both women are very similar.

Do you know why Daenerys hates Hidzar so much? its because she see herself in him. Hidzar is (in her mind) the son of a very powerfull family, who was taken from power becuase they abused their power and were terrible rulers  to their people, but who still wants to rule Meereen and keep his status and power. Thats Daeenrys in a nutshell. The mad Kings Daughter who wants to rule Westeros, even tho her family was removed from the power for good reasons. Thats teh same reason Cersei hates Maergery, she sees a young Cersei on her, who desperately wanted to be queen.

BTW - I do think she will have a child with Jon Snow but the child will be a bastard. Jon Snow fathering a bastard has been foreshadowed to death by the books.

I don't think I have ever read so much one sided Horse manure in my life. Virtually every major character in GOT has a dark side as well as a good side. Your portraying Dany, using  only the negative, while leaving out all the positive Dany has done is nothing but self serving hogwash. The show has been about each characters journey, and the last I checked Dany put her ambitions on hold to fight for the lives of all of Westeros, after putting her life and her dragons lives at great peril to save Jon. She did the same for Mareen. while she has been far from perfect, either has many others on the show, from the Hound, to Jamie, etc etc. 

17 hours ago, btfu806 said:

This goes with pretty much all of your comments you mad, but I agree, Dany's arc toward the "mad queen" to me makes the most sense for her overall. Especially in the books. I think the books will do a better job of showing her descent into madness that will make a lot of sense, while it seems like the show just flipped a switch in season 7 (they seemed to do that with a lot of the characters, which was annoying). But when you look through her arc and what she does through the first five books, the foundation is there for a mad king in the making and it makes sense for her arc.

I am going to explain to you, my theory on Daenerys. In the first book, Sansa fell madly in love with Joffrey and we all believed she was a completely moron for loving such monstrous creature. But, we have to remember, at least in the books, Joffrey was supposed to be VERY HANDSOME, he was supposed to look like a young Jaime. George rr martim put a lot of attention to his look and looks do matter. Joffrey was very sweet and polite to Sansa in the beginning, always making sure to show a soft side to her. Eventually he started to show his true nature to her, but Sansa was already madly in love with him, so she closed her eyes for his terrible behavior and made all excuses she could for him, she didnt want to believe he could be a monster. Oh he is young.... he was under pressure..... he is still learning to be a king.....he didnt meant it........... up until the very end of book 1 when Joffrey cuts Ned Stark head and destroyed all her fantasies. Joffrey finally showed Sansa his true monstrous side and broke her heart in million little pieces.

Thats what I believed George RR Martin tried to do with Daenerys; It worked better in the show than in the books. In the show first the cast a VERY BEAUTIFUL girl to play Daenerys, In her very first scene in that balcony in Pentos she looks almost angelical, she is ethereal. I still remember when I first saw that scene. You could never imagine that this angel could ever hurt you. This girl could never be the monster of this story. in the books Daenerys its always described as the most beautiful woman in the world, her beauty is a very important part of her story. Then slowly, Dany started to become a bit more ruthless, she is showing us a much more cruel side of her: in the books, she orders the Unsullied to kill “every single boy older than 13” when she sacks Astapor (remember, Jon and Robb are only 14 when this story started, why do you think George made sure to mention the ages of the boys she orders to be killed?) she is crucifying people (but is for the children!!!); she is burning a man alive and feeding him to her dragons (but is for Ser Barristan!!!); she allows innocent girls to be tortured by shavepate in front of their fathers (but its the Sons of the Harpies fault!!!).

She she is making a lot of terrible acts, but we cant help it, we are already in love with her, we still remember that sweet girl that we met on season 1, she is no monster, she can never be the bad guy of this story, so we keep on closing our eyes and making excuses, we keep telling ourselves that its necessary in order to be a queen!!! She doesnt want the Throne, she is doing for her family!!! she is not power hungry, she just wants a home and a family.....UP until the end... when she finally shows her true nature and her true face to the audience.

That’s why I believe in season 8 Daenerys will be a mess; she will be cruel, she will shock us, she will finally show her true monstrous side and she will break the audience heart in a million little pieces. Just like Joffrey did to Sansa.

George RR Martin keeps telling us that a pretty face can be very misleading. You dont have to be a silly little girl, to fall in love with a monster, it can happen to anyone. Because we are all fools when we are in love.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:58 PM, prettylongclaw said:

Jon killed Mance after he failed to bend the knee as well. so your point is? 

17 hours ago, btfu806 said:

The foundation has been laid for Cersei to be the "Mad Queen". Do we really need another? 

1 minute ago, Error-504 said:

Jon killed Mance after he failed to bend the knee as well. so your point is? 

I dont think that in any momment at all, book or show, Jon Snow had any desire to kill Mance Ryder in case he refused to bend the knee to him or to Stannis. I think you need to rewatch that season. Its Stannis who decides to burn alive Mance, and then Jon, out of mercy kills him with an arrow because he is horrified by Stannis decision. In fact, that scene for me foreshadows Jon Snow reacting negatively  to Daenerys decision to burn the Tarlys alive for refusing to bend the knee to her. 

2 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

The foundation has been laid for Cersei to be the "Mad Queen". Do we really need another? 

I think Daenerys has been laying the foundation for herself for quite sometime now. Thats the irony of Tyrion brining Daenerys to Westeros because he believed she was, at least, better than Cersei. They are both the same. 

When Dany is angry she is just as capable of the same destruction and terror as Cersei. 

Just now, prettylongclaw said:

I dont think that in any momment at all, book or show, Jon Snow had any desire to kill Mance Ryder in case he refused to bend the knee to him or to Stannis. I think you need to rewatch that season. Its Stannis who decides to burn alive Mance, and then Jon, out of mercy kills him with an arrow because he is horrified by Stannis decision. In fact, that scene for me foreshadows Jon Snow reacting negatively  to Daenerys decision to burn the Tarlys alive for refusing to bend the knee to her. 

Jon still did nothing to stop it, they were at the wall, and as such they were subject to Jon's authority, not Stannis's. Jon could have offered Mance the option to join the nights watch. 

17 minutes ago, prettylongclaw said:

I think Daenerys has been laying the foundation for herself for quite sometime now. Thats the irony of Tyrion brining Daenerys to Westeros because he believed she was, at least, better than Cersei. They are both the same. 

When Dany is angry she is just as capable of the same destruction and terror as Cersei. 

You don't quite seem to understand the rules of engagement in the show, do you? Do you think Dany's fate would have been any better had she been the one to lose that battle? Would she had been offered the chance to "bend the knee"?

You do realize the Tarly's committed an act of treason against their liege Lord, who just happened to be a major Ally of Dany's right? And still she offered them a chance to live. i don't see how this is even remotely comparable to the atrocities Cersie has committed. 

I don't claim to know the ultimate fate of Dany, live or die, Queen or housewife, but I do know this, what you are proposing is just another bit of dreamed up fan fiction that will never happen, not given we have only 6 episodes to go. 

Not show Dany, and this is entirely about the show. 

59 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

You do realize the Tarly's committed an act of treason against their liege Lord, who just happened to be a major Ally of Dany's right? And still she offered them a chance to live. i don't see how this is even remotely comparable to the atrocities Cersie has committed

Actually, it was Olenna who betrayed the crown.

It was The Tyrels that decided that they wanted to play the Games of Thrones and started to sick power with their marriages alliances, later they decided that Joffrey didnt fit their plans so they murdered him to make their lives easier. Playing the game turned out to be more dangerous than they expected and they ended up losing the battle to Cersei Lannister, who simply vanished their families using wildfire. Olenna gets mad at Cersei and decides to invite and support a foreign conqueror to invade Westeros and take way Cersei for what she did to her family.

In no momment at all the Tyrels thought about the well being of their people or the people of Westeros; its easy to see them as the good guys, since they are siding with Dany (who you like) and against Cersei (who you dont) but the Tyrels are just as selfish, vain and power hungry as the Lannisters and Ollenas decision to support Daenerys can have devastading  consequences for the people of Westeros.

Lord Tarly was right, there is no easy choice in that situation, but Cersei doesnt have dragons, her power of destruction is not as devastating as Daenerys;  and she grew up in Westeros, unlike Daenerys who knows nothing about the country. And Daenerys proved that, by burning alive the food from Highgarden during winter. She just condemn millions of people to die of hungry during winter because she was angry. And thats Daenerys. She gets angry, does terrible things and other people pay the price. 

7 hours ago, Error-504 said:

I don't think I have ever read so much one sided Horse manure in my life. Virtually every major character in GOT has a dark side as well as a good side. Your portraying Dany, using  only the negative, while leaving out all the positive Dany has done is nothing but self serving hogwash. The show has been about each characters journey, and the last I checked Dany put her ambitions on hold to fight for the lives of all of Westeros, after putting her life and her dragons lives at great peril to save Jon. She did the same for Mareen. while she has been far from perfect, either has many others on the show, from the Hound, to Jamie, etc etc. 

Bless you for doing the lord's work but I wouldn't waste my breath. Those who have been wrong about Dany's character so far, aren't about to get it right. There's no dissuading some people. They can't admit that they've been wrong this whole time.

• "Daenerys will never sail to Westeros" - Yes, she's there right now.
  • "Daenerys will never go North to fight the Others" - She's on her way there right now.
  • "Jon is going to despise Daenerys" - he's so hot for her he's practically melting. In fact, the show is so intent in making sure that we know that Jon loves Dany that they have Bran voice over saying "He loved her." as Jon stairs at Dany. It literally couldn't be any more obvious.
  • "Daenerys and Jon will never have a child" - If they had made it any more obvious that a baby it's on it's way I would have been embarrassed by the show. I thought they were so obvious about the incoming baby Targ that I was already a little embarrassed. But apparently, they weren't obvious enough for some people.
  • "Bonus" - Jon and Dany will get married and they will rule together.

George R.R. Martin has compared both Daenerys and Jon to Aragorn and they both do share important traits with him. However, deep down we all know the Jon and Daenerys are GRRM's version of Aragorn and Arwen.

7 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Of course not.

They've set up Cersei as Daenerys' foil for a few season now. At the end of last season we saw the stark difference between these two. In the final episode of the season, one Queen (Daenerys) gives up her ambition, which she has worked towards for 7, season in order to go save the world. The other queen (Cersei), having seen the terror that is coming towards Westeros chooses to ignore the threat and continues her pursuit of power. She is so consumed with the taking and retaining of power that the threat of the end of the world is not strong enough to dissuade her of her obsession.

There's only one mad queen in this series and her name is Cersei Lannister. There will not be a second, that's redundant and against any form of god storytelling.

15 hours ago, prettylongclaw said:

Actually, it was Olenna who betrayed the crown.

It was The Tyrels that decided that they wanted to play the Games of Thrones and started to sick power with their marriages alliances, later they decided that Joffrey didnt fit their plans so they murdered him to make their lives easier. Playing the game turned out to be more dangerous than they expected and they ended up losing the battle to Cersei Lannister, who simply vanished their families using wildfire. Olenna gets mad at Cersei and decides to invite and support a foreign conqueror to invade Westeros and take way Cersei for what she did to her family.

In no momment at all the Tyrels thought about the well being of their people or the people of Westeros; its easy to see them as the good guys, since they are siding with Dany (who you like) and against Cersei (who you dont) but the Tyrels are just as selfish, vain and power hungry as the Lannisters and Ollenas decision to support Daenerys can have devastading  consequences for the people of Westeros.

Lord Tarly was right, there is no easy choice in that situation, but Cersei doesnt have dragons, her power of destruction is not as devastating as Daenerys;  and she grew up in Westeros, unlike Daenerys who knows nothing about the country. And Daenerys proved that, by burning alive the food from Highgarden during winter. She just condemn millions of people to die of hungry during winter because she was angry. And thats Daenerys. She gets angry, does terrible things and other people pay the price. 

You doubled down on the horse manure I see, House Tarley pledged fealty to House Tyrell, end of story, no wiggle room. Unless of course all the houses that have pledged fealty to House Stark have betrayed the crown as well, in Which case FOR GOOD REASON!!!!

But I guess murdering Margaery, Mace, and Loras, wasn't a good enough reason for you, to have house Tyrell  turn on the Crown? ( you know that whole sept of Baelor thing-the one with an obvious parallel to the Mad King) Do you even read what you write? Seriously??

Randyal Tarley's decision to side with Cersei had absolutely zero to do with any sense of loyalty to the crown, it was purely driven by greed. He wanted to be the ruler of High Garden, and was promised as much by Jamie. Spare me the argument he did it because he felt duty bound to the crown. He got what he deserved. 

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

In no way did the Tryels think about the good of their people.

More horse manure. Olenna (who assumed Lordship after the Sept of Baelor) had just witnessed Cersei kill thousands of innocents, her granddaughter, her son, and her grandson, etc etc. do you think Olenna was not smart enough to figure out Cersei's next move would be to invade High Garden as Cersei was bankrupt?  

Think Man!!!

And Daenerys proved that, by burning alive the food from Highgarden during winter. She just condemn millions of people to die of hungry during winter because she was angry. And thats Daenerys. She gets angry, does terrible things and other people pay the price. 

Stop already with this Horse ****  !!!!  Cutting off your enemies supply line is a time old tradition, and fair game in the rules of engagement, something you just can't seem to grasp. Did Cersie think about the millions that would die after she looted High Garden? News flash spanky, the food didn't belong to Kings Landing, it belonged to High Garden. 

Stop with the Fanfic, it's not even good fanfic. 

Wow. It got heated lol

Dany isn't a benevolent leader. She is different than Cersei, sure. Maybe even "better". But is she better than Jon? Because that is the correct comparison. Aim higher not lower. After all he is the rightful Targ heir with ties to Westeros and the North. And he is benevolent and kind. The only battle he ever fought for glory was at Sansa and Rickon's behest.

It is the great game. Dany is there. Cersei too. Jon as well.

To say that Dany's decisions were borne of necessity is a fallacy. The show had her burn Sam's family because they want the battle lines to be drawn. Or possibly for people to realize the throne may go to another.

Stannis the Mannis anyone? Post Shireen, well you could almost see haystacks blowing in the wind. 

Dany is on one side. That's all. It's not yet proven if it's the "good" side, let alone if she will win. 

There is also that pesky burnt throne room...

20 minutes ago, Lady Ren said:

Wow. It got heated lol

Dany isn't a benevolent leader. She is different than Cersei, sure. Maybe even "better". But is she better than Jon? Because that is the correct comparison. Aim higher not lower. After all he is the rightful Targ heir with ties to Westeros and the North. And he is benevolent and kind. The only battle he ever fought for glory was at Sansa and Rickon's behest.

It is the great game. Dany is there. Cersei too. Jon as well.

To say that Dany's decisions were borne of necessity is a fallacy. The show had her burn Sam's family because they want the battle lines to be drawn. Or possibly for people to realize the throne may go to another.

Stannis the Mannis anyone? Post Shireen, well you could almost see haystacks blowing in the wind. 

Dany is on one side. That's all. It's not yet proven if it's the "good" side, let alone if she will win. 

There is also that pesky burnt throne room...

Close enough to Jon for Jon to fall in love with and bend the knee too. 

Archived