Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

I suppose what I am trying to say is, maybe when George gave D+D the ending, he just said "Spring follows winter. Everything is cyclical and the end of the story mirrors the beginning".

So what if everything following series 1 / AGOT, is just getting the characters to a place where the story can loop back to the start?

19 minutes ago, Timm said:

I suppose what I am trying to say is, maybe when George gave D+D the ending, he just said "Spring follows winter. Everything is cyclical and the end of the story mirrors the beginning".

So what if everything following series 1 / AGOT, is just getting the characters to a place where the story can loop back to the start?

I think this may be it. But with slight changes to the monarchy. And it will be a time for wolves also. 

Wow, between Dany's somewhat controllable urges and Jon's "just listen to me, I know what I do", it's almost impossible to figure out how the two of them would work together.

As for Friki and Tyrion reveal, I have watched the scene between Tyrion and Cersei. Do you think some words have been said behind the scene? And that we will see it in Season 8?

I'll be really shocked if this Tyrion betrayal ends up as a Keyser Soze type deal, where we learn he was scheming the whole time.  

Tyrion was clearly very conflicted over what he was doing to his family in S7.  After Cersei's betrayal, Dany might have finally had enough and decide it's time to attack KL.  Tyrion spent all of S7 trying to keep her from doing that.  I could see him taking action to stop her. 

There is also the question of Jaime.  After Cersei betrays, will anyone in the Stark camp trust Jaime?  What if they lock him up?  What would Tyrion do?  

Lots of ways the show can make Tyrion finally choose between Dany and his family.  Although I would hope he betrays to help Jaime instead of Cersei...D&D are totally capable of making him betray for Cersei though.  

The initial focus, I believe will be on Dany v Sansa and making the two of them agreeing on what to do. I suppose Sansa will be the one Northern lords will feel as their representative (it will be interesting to see how they will react on Jon bending the knee). On another hand, Dany expects them to bend the knee. So, I suppose these two will have to overcome this initial problem and Tyrion and Jon will be a conduit here.

If Tyrion is truly in love with Dany, I really can see him being left out. Something what Sansa felt at the beginning of Season 7. More than that, I think we should also consider the fact that despite the hatred, he does care for Cersei. And if he made some assurances to her, I can easily see him being thrown to the wolves, or dragons. 

10 hours ago, Lady Ren said:

I think this may be it. But with slight changes to the monarchy. And it will be a time for wolves also. 

So for this to work, some things need to happen.

Dany needs to go full rogue and be killed by someone she trusts.

Magic must leave the land, but the wall must remain ("No Sam, you are not here to defend the realm - you are here to defend the Wall")??

And everyone still alive needs a reason for their quest. Everything / something that happened to them must help the wheel to turn and for them to end up in their final, unavoidable scene.. Like, why did Arya have to become a FM? Just what is it that only an invisible girl with that specific training can do? Who is her otherwise unreachable, untouchable target?

6 hours ago, Timm said:

So for this to work, some things need to happen.

Dany needs to go full rogue and be killed by someone she trusts.

Magic must leave the land, but the wall must remain ("No Sam, you are not here to defend the realm - you are here to defend the Wall")??

And everyone still alive needs a reason for their quest. Everything / something that happened to them must help the wheel to turn and for them to end up in their final, unavoidable scene.. Like, why did Arya have to become a FM? Just what is it that only an invisible girl with that specific training can do? Who is her otherwise unreachable, untouchable target?

Cersei is Arya's target and purpose, you think? 

Arya eyed Jamie when at the Freys feast. She just might take his face and wear it. Technically Cersei will be killed by someone who looks like her little brother rather than her actual little brother. 

That could still fulfill Cersei's prophesy. 

Sansa's purpose was to destroy LF.

Bran's is to destroy the Night King or become him. Dont know which. 

Jon's is to destroy Dany or the Night King. I think both will happen. 

Whether or not all 4 survive, House Stark will live.

I dont know about Tyrion's purpose. 

And I agree. Magic must end and Dany will fulfill her purpose - which is not to claim the Iron Throne. 

10 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I'll be really shocked if this Tyrion betrayal ends up as a Keyser Soze type deal, where we learn he was scheming the whole time.  

Tyrion was clearly very conflicted over what he was doing to his family in S7.  After Cersei's betrayal, Dany might have finally had enough and decide it's time to attack KL.  Tyrion spent all of S7 trying to keep her from doing that.  I could see him taking action to stop her. 

There is also the question of Jaime.  After Cersei betrays, will anyone in the Stark camp trust Jaime?  What if they lock him up?  What would Tyrion do?  

Lots of ways the show can make Tyrion finally choose between Dany and his family.  Although I would hope he betrays to help Jaime instead of Cersei...D&D are totally capable of making him betray for Cersei though.  

Why would Tyrion betray Dany for family though? he only has two relatives left, Cersei and Jamie, and Jamie is alreay on his way to WF. Are we to think he would betray Dany and Jamie for Cersei? I find this hard to believe. I thought Jorah would be the betrayal on Dany. 

The most logical thing to happen, is that Dany will threaten to burn more people or she will burn more people, then, Varys will convince Tyrion to plot something....[as the show has already telegraphed that Dany is going to burn Varys for betrayal]]....or, she will burn Varys and this will cause Tyrion to turn against her.  I don't see Sansa figuring in this at all. Assuming the spoiler is true and Tyrion dying is the big twist.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

The most logical thing to happen, is that Dany will threaten to burn more people or she will burn more people, then, Varys will convince Tyrion to plot something....[as the show has already telegraphed that Dany is going to burn Varys for betrayal]]....or, she will burn Varys and this will cause Tyrion to turn against her.  I don't see Sansa figuring in this at all. Assuming the spoiler is true and Tyrion dying is the big twist.

Tyrion dieing is contradictory to what we have been told about who will survive. 

Tyrion betraying Dany, and not dieing, makes zero sense. 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Tyrion dieing is contradictory to what we have been told about who will survive. 

Tyrion betraying Dany, and not dieing, makes zero sense. 

I understood we were told from GRRMs outline who makes it to the end, but that doesn't mean they survive.

14 hours ago, alienarea said:

I understood we were told from GRRMs outline who makes it to the end, but that doesn't mean they survive.

Why would Tyrion Conspire with Cersei to betray Dany though? Cersei wants Tyrion dead, and even if Cersei claimed she had a change of heart, Why would Tyrion Trust her? 

We saw Dothraki and Unsullied at the KL set, so it seems like Dany's army is coming for Cersei's ass after her betrayal.  Tyrion (and Varys) might feel compelled to save the city.  Maybe he doesn't do it for Cersei, so much as for the people of KL.  Whatever they do will blow up in their face though, since we know KL burns from the set pics.   

I think it would be a full circle moment if Tyrion tries to save KL, a second time, and yet again he is vilified and put on trial afterwards.  Only this time his brother won't be there to save him.  

Knowing Tyrion is going down this road also puts that Braavos play from the Mercy chapter in a new light for me.  Tyrion in the play had the Stranger standing over him the whole time, only he couldn't see him, but the pit could....ominous stuff with this leak in mind.   

Archived