Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

5 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

We saw Dothraki and Unsullied at the KL set, so it seems like Dany's army is coming for Cersei's ass after her betrayal.  Tyrion (and Varys) might feel compelled to save the city.  Maybe he doesn't do it for Cersei, so much as for the people of KL.  Whatever they do will blow up in their face though, since we know KL burns from the set pics.   

I think it would be a full circle moment if Tyrion tries to save KL, a second time, and yet again he is vilified and put on trial afterwards.  Only this time his brother won't be there to save him.  

Knowing Tyrion is going down this road also puts that Braavos play from the Mercy chapter in a new light for me.  Tyrion in the play had the Stranger standing over him the whole time, only he couldn't see him, but the pit could....ominous stuff with this leak in mind.   

We know Kings Landing burns, but it could just as easily be from the NK and his Dragon, and Jon and Dany are coming to save the people of Kings Landing. 

6 hours ago, Error-504 said:

We know Kings Landing burns, but it could just as easily be from the NK and his Dragon, and Jon and Dany are coming to save the people of Kings Landing. 

Well, we also have pics of Jon and Cersei meeting on the walls of KL, and she's not wearing her crown, which definitely seems like one of Michelle Clapton's symbolic choices to show Cersei is feeling vulnerable in the context of that meeting.    

So if your above scenario is true, that would mean Jon is meeting Cersei after the NK is dealt with because she's still in charge of the city.  In that case, everything I speculated could still apply:   Dany wants Cersei gone, Tyrion doesn't want the city attacked, betrayal ensues.

That Jon/Cersei meeting tells us that at some point Jon/Dany will be addressing Cersei as a problem.  The NK isn't gonna save them the trouble and take her out...at least not before the Starks/Targs have some kind of dealings with her on her home turf.

1 hour ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Well, we also have pics of Jon and Cersei meeting on the walls of KL, and she's not wearing her crown, which definitely seems like one of Michelle Clapton's symbolic choices to show Cersei is feeling vulnerable in the context of that meeting.    

So if your above scenario is true, that would mean Jon is meeting Cersei after the NK is dealt with because she's still in charge of the city.  In that case, everything I speculated could still apply:   Dany wants Cersei gone, Tyrion doesn't want the city attacked, betrayal ensues.

That Jon/Cersei meeting tells us that at some point Jon/Dany will be addressing Cersei as a problem.  The NK isn't gonna save them the trouble and take her out...at least not before the Starks/Targs have some kind of dealings with her on her home turf.

That is interesting. I heard that rumor that Jon gets imprisoned by Cersei at some point in time. If both are true, it could go like this:

- Tyrion is jealous of Jon

- Jon meets with Cersei while Daenerys fights the Night King. Jon wants to prepare KL in case Daenerys is defeated.

- Cersei lures Jon into a trap, suggested by Tyrion. Reasoning: in case Daenerys defeats the Night King, they need Jon as a hostage to deal with her, in case the Night King wins Jon won't be much of a help

- Daenerys defeats the Night King,  when she learns of Tyrion's betrayal KL goes up in flames (on purpose / by accident)

- chaos in KL

- afterwards Tyrion's trial in the Dragonpit

- Jon and Daenerys ???

27 minutes ago, alienarea said:

That is interesting. I heard that rumor that Jon gets imprisoned by Cersei at some point in time. If both are true, it could go like this:

- Tyrion is jealous of Jon

- Jon meets with Cersei while Daenerys fights the Night King. Jon wants to prepare KL in case Daenerys is defeated.

- Cersei lures Jon into a trap, suggested by Tyrion. Reasoning: in case Daenerys defeats the Night King, they need Jon as a hostage to deal with her, in case the Night King wins Jon won't be much of a help

- Daenerys defeats the Night King,  when she learns of Tyrion's betrayal KL goes up in flames (on purpose / by accident)

- chaos in KL

- afterwards Tyrion's trial in the Dragonpit

- Jon and Daenerys ???

That Cersei imprisons Jon rumor came from a now confirmed fake leaker, but it is still possible Cersei gets her hands on Jon.  The fake leaker could have made a lucky guess.  There have been so many fake leakers for Season 8, I'm sure several have made lucky guesses at this point.     

I also think it's possible Cersei captures Dany.  One element of Dany's show HOTU that people don't usually key in on as having any foreshadowing element is the last bit where she was locked in chains in a dungeon looking room, but maybe it was foreshadowing.

In Dany's book HOTU there was a grey splintery door that Drogon led her to, and the only grey splintery door ever described in the books happens to be in the KL dungeon (and the only red door is on Dragonstone, which I also think is important). 

Either Jon or Dany being put in that KL dungeon as part of the end game seems very plausible to me.  After her betrayal fails, Cersei taking a hostage seems like the only play she will have left.      

Whatever the sequence of events it does appear likely, IMHO, that the NK will get to Kings Landing. In Daenerys' first vision in  the House of the Undying where she is in the Keep, it is snowing,  and when she is looking up at the blown off roof if you turn the volume up to its highest, it is almost inaudible, you will hear the theme song of the White Walkers playing. I would not be surprised if the final Dance of the Dragons takes place here. Cersei will be deposed/killed and we will learn the final fates of the NK, Jon, Daenerys, and Tyrion. I would not be surprised if they all died, leaving the child of Daenerys/Jon as the Targaryen legacy and the hope for the future of Westeros.

From the leaks it looks like we have two possible endings- Jon and Dany survive and live happily ever after with their child or twins,ruling over the Crownlands,  or they don't survive and Tyrion becomes guardian to their daughter who is heir to the throne. Please God I hope it isn't the former. I can live with the latter.

13 hours ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

From the leaks it looks like we have two possible endings- Jon and Dany survive and live happily ever after with their child or twins,ruling over the Crownlands,  or they don't survive and Tyrion becomes guardian to their daughter who is heir to the throne. Please God I hope it isn't the former. I can live with the latter.

Hmm. From leaks it seems to me Tyrion is most likely dead for treason not a guardian to the heir to the throne

Friki has said he will release his video at 11 PM Spanish time, so that's about 5 hours away.  

28 minutes ago, LordImp said:

How legit is this leaks ? 

Friki gave legit leaks for both S6 and S7.  Those leaks occurred during the airing of those seasons, so he's never leaked during the off season before like this, but there is no reason to think he is intentionally putting out false info.  Unlike all the other self proclaimed leakers, Friki is not anonymous.  He puts his name and identity out there, HBO has even targeted his Youtube channel in the past over his leaks.  If he's saying this stuff, it's because he is convinced it's true and he's got a source he trusts. 

But we can't really know for sure until it airs, obviously.  

On Sept 8 (at Creative Arts Emmy Awards) a producer on the GoT Special Effects Team (won award for S7E6) made a public comment "and we can't tell you in what episode Tyrion dies...or doesn't" . I wonder how/if this ties into Friki"s video of Sept 7. If you remember Friki first said the dragonpit scene was going to be a coronation and then switched it to a trial and execution for Tyrion. Interesting coincidence or what? 

5 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Hmm. From leaks it seems to me Tyrion is most likely dead for treason not a guardian to the heir to the throne

There was a leak which had Tyrion as the heir's guardian after Jon& Dany have died.  The more recent leak you're referring to is a different one which has Tyrion executed and Jon & Dany survive.  I'm not convinced we will see Tyrion executed , decapitated by Jon,for treason. 

Friki's new vid is out:  Link

A lot to unpack in this one...it seems Tyrion is going to have a Keyser Soze type moment after all.  Bran will do to Tyrion what he did to LF last season:  He will parrot back Tyrion's line about him never betting against his family.  Tyrion betrays to keep his family in power, not just because he's in love with Dany and feeling jilted.  Tyrion will break down and say the people of KL deserve what they got...he still hates them for the way he was treated after he saved them during the Blackwater battle.  And he will not be allowed trial by combat.  He will not be executed in the Dragonpit, so Friki doesn't actually know how he dies.  

Also, Davos is leading the trial and Friki says he's not wearing his Hand of the King pin.  Jon gave up his crown, so it might mean nothing, but Jon/Dany not being at the trial is very odd and worrying.  Friki doesn't have any info on their fates.  

Present in the trial scene are Tyrion, Davos, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Sweet Robin, Brienne, Samwell, and Grey Worm leading some Unsullied who are serving as guards I guess.  He said there are also two new characters at the trial.  One of them is wearing golden armor...I take that to mean the Golden Company guy they cast (Harry Strickland) really turns turn on Cersei.  I never believed they would declare for Jon, so I'm quite shocked at that.  The other new character, Friki has no info on at all.  Just that it is a man.  All the other actor and doubles that showed up in Seville did nothing.  They were there to disguise the real scene, that's all.      

Friki also says the snow on the ground is light, so he assumes the WWs have been defeated, and he ends the video with a rumour (not a spoiler because he can't confirm it) that WF is being rebuilt as the trial happens.

That's all he said I think.  In light of this info, all I can think is that D&D have completely, and utterly botched the handling of Tyrion the traitor.  Why the hell did they whitewash him so much if they knew he was going to behave like this in the endgame? 

EDIT:  Some people on reddit are saying Davos never actually wore a Hand pin.   Not sure why Friki pointed out his lack one in that case.

EDIT 2:  It just occurred to me that Sweet Robin might just make the bad man fly after all...holy shit that would be hilarious.  

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That sounds really strange...having Tyrion's penultimate moments at a final trial not to be attended by either Jon or Dany, the two people who are at least nominally in charge. 

Maybe Dany is recovering from fighting the NK and Jon is with her?   They could be present at Tyrion's execution, just not his trial.     

It's very strange to me too, but Grey Worm being alive gives me hope for Dany...I just cannot picture any scenario where Grey Worm is still going and Dany is dead.  Anything's possible with D&D (clearly), but that would be so, so odd.  

Some people on Reddit are pointing out that Tyrion never actually said the line "I never bet against my family" in the show.  I've been searching Youtube clips of Tyrion/Cat scenes, and I can't find one where he says it.  

D&D are perfectly capable of retconning and just pretending like Tyrion actually said it in the past, so it doesn't disprove Friki...but it does give me some pause as to the veracity of Friki's leaks.   

1 hour ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Maybe Dany is recovering from fighting the NK and Jon is with her?   They could be present at Tyrion's execution, just not his trial.     

It's very strange to me too, but Grey Worm being alive gives me hope for Dany...I just cannot picture any scenario where Grey Worm is still going and Dany is dead.  Anything's possible with D&D (clearly), but that would be so, so odd.  

It still seems kind of lame, especially for Dany, she made him hand of the queen, the least she could do is be present as his trial, even his father and sister gave him that consideration.  No Varys at the trial, hmmm, he must have already bought it.  Same for Mel.

I agree if they knew all along, assuming this is correct, that Tyrion would die for betraying Dany, that there was no need to white wash his character so thoroughly.  

Has anyone ever considered that there have been no major leaks for the GOT's set, and these "leakers" are just making stuff up on the fly, with what limited info they have? What do they have to lose, it's not like there is another season, so they need to do something to extend their 15 minutes of fame. 

This Tyrion committing treason for "family" is either the worst bit of writing I have ever witnessed, or just pure BS. Tyrion has two relatives left to start season 8, Jamie and Cersei. With Jamie already turning his back on Cersei, what would compel Tyrion to betray Jamie for Cersei? And if "family" is so valuable to Tyrion, are we forgetting he killed his own father???

The only thing that would remotely make sense is Tyrion sets Jon up, hoping he gets Jon killed, in order to feel he still has a shot at Dany's affections. This could explain a lot more than what Quack doctor is proposing. 

Archived