Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

17 hours ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

The summaries were not leaked by u/teamkhaleesi, they were simply sharing the files that "Mr. Smith" leaked from the HBO hack.  Amongst the files, there were actor contracts and personal information (such as phone and address). Not really sure what the reddit user's name has to do with it..

The evidence suggesting its faked is the lack of discussion of this line in the comments of TeamKhaleesi's post. They're fangirling over boatsex and other assorted shippy material but no one bothers to bring up this line in over 900+ reddit comments. If it was in the episode summaries someone would have mentioned it and commented on it in the original post. 

14 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Great news from today everybody. Ghost will be back in Season 8. I thought people would like to know. 

GOT Special Effects Supervisor Joe Bauer revealed to Huffington Post that Ghost is back in season 8!
"Oh, you’ll see him again. He has a fair amount of screen time in Season 8. He does show up".

Yessssssss but they are probably bringing him back to kill him off. Let's be honest.... 

On 9/27/2018 at 4:54 AM, BadAssRobinArryn said:

He said that he believes the meeting takes place after the war, because the snow is melting.

Okay so that's the same stuff I remember, I thought he had something else.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Friki released a third video on 9/21 in Spanish with his perspective that in addition to Tyrion's trial the meeting also addressed dividing up Westeros into a new political system and the distribution of lands thereof. See posts 1024 thru 1030 on this thread for comments about it by others. How much of this is from his leaker source and how much is just his own theory seems to me unclear. There is also debate about what he really meant by his comments with different interpretations by others due to different translations of his comments into English.  It would be nice if he came out with an English version which might clear some things up (but I haven't heard he was planning on doing this). 

I also remember stated another English vid, never saw it come out.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, TheSlayerofLies said:

And the scene you're talking about is this scene.  Credit to u/shmedstark from r/asoiaf for going through the leaked scripts/summaries

• "Jon sees her beauty, strength, grief and pain and all push him to the realization that he loves her and he's thrown by the realization. Her fingers move on his hand and she likes the way it feels. A look between them acknowledges what almost just happened, she stares at him a moment longer, stands and leaves the cabin."

On 9/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, Keep Shelly in Athens said:

Who knows. No one has a copy or screenshot of those original outline pages that shmedstark appears to be quoting. None of that stuff shows up in the full outline leak from Lads either. It's suspicious that that line was omitted from the original leak. As we're witnessing with S8 leaks, there are a ton of fake leakers out there who write things and pass it off as legit. I wouldn't be surprised if this also happened in S7. shmedstark could have gotten played.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, TheSlayerofLies said:

Well that is quite different than suggesting that there was "evidence" pointing towards it being faked.  The episode summaries were all released though but they were quickly taken down.  Here

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6vy3fe/episode_7_detailed_overview_by_mrsmith_sent_by/dm4h7ud/

It's not a stretch to say shmedstark was able to see/download them.  He does provide sample pics in his posts and even points out the number of pages there is.  127 pages for the "Preliminary Outline" and 31 pages from the episode summaries.  And everything in his post lines up with what was leaked; I don't think he'd lie about that particular line.  Besides, that line pretty accurately depicts what transpired on screen so I don't understand what we're arguing about in this case.

And awayforthelads only leaked 6 script pages so I'm not sure why it'd show up there.  He just mostly answered peoples questions.

@TheSlayerofLies & @Keep Shelly in Athens:

I'm /u/ShmedStark on Reddit, and I wrote the post "(Spoilers Production) I went through the Preliminary Outline for Season 7. Here's what I found." I don't have time to address every point I would like to regarding your discussion of the leaked outline and summaries, but here's a screenshot of the page which contains the quote in question:

https://i.imgur.com/ZdAqwG6.jpg

And here's an album with 3 separate screenshots of the Episode Summaries that was linked on /r/freefolk 3 months ago by /u/Andrija2567 and /u/BlueWinterRose7 in [these] [comment] [chains] (and maybe elsewhere), also containing the quote (in the 2nd screenshot):

https://imgur.com/a/33TzQU6

I hope that helps. :cheers:

Side note: This is old information, but I just learned it while working on this reply: I did a quick Google search to see if there were other screenshots of the Episode Summaries easily available online and stumbled across a website saying the file of Episode Summaries was created in August 2016:

Attached to the email was a link to a data dump plus files with what appeared to be a 127-page file dated April 26, 2016 with Game of Thrones season 7 episode summaries: “GOT Season 7 Outline 042616 (HBO copy).” The pages were all stamped “Louis Tancredi.”  According to another file in the data dump, the unit list for Season 7, created in August 2016, Tancredi is the Director of Production. A more recent file, created in August of 2016, “002. GoT Season 7 Episode Summaries- CONFIDENTIAL,”  provided more detailed/elaborated episode summaries.

https://www.databreaches.net/hackers-claim-to-have-leaked-game-of-thrones-season-finale/

In my Reddit post I mentioned that I thought the Episode Summaries had to be more recent than the Preliminary Outline (which was dated April 26 2016) because they were more accurate to the aired episodes, but I wasn't sure by how much because there was no date listed anywhere on the pages (unlike the Preliminary Outline). But apparently they're around 4 months more recent. For reference, August 2016 is the same month that Season 7 filming began.

50 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

It seems strangely odd that there has not been any further posts for a while regarding the 3 Friki videos. Has anybody heard anything from any other sources regarding the validity of what he reported in his videos?  Just wondering.

There seems to be nothing out there.

I wonder whether

a) Friki got played, realized it and shut up

b) HBO silenced him somehow

Maybe we should list what is known?

- Winterfell burning in S8Ep3

- KL under attack in S8Ep5-6

- Ghost reappears

- there's a dragonpit scene without Jon, Daenerys, Cersei, Jaime, Theon, Missandei, Varys, Melisandre, Euron, the Hound, Bronn and Jorah

- Game of Thrones ends with S8Ep6

1 hour ago, alienarea said:

Based on my above post I speculate that

- Theon rescues Yara in S8Ep4 with Theon and Euron dying

- Ghost reappears in S8Ep3 and dies fighting

This 100%, they are going to spend 20-30 some minutes reintroducing him, building him up and then killing him. Textbook D&D. Too bad they didn't have Ghost around a lot more before, would make his death (assuming it happens) much more heartbreaking then it's going to be. 

10 hours ago, Shmedricko said:

I hope that helps. :cheers:

It does, thanks.  I remember seeing the short summaries and the full 127 pg outline when they first leaked but I didn't think about downloading them. Fortunately, I have been able to get most of the leaked stuff from people who reshared it.

10 hours ago, Shmedricko said:

Side note: This is old information, but I just learned it while working on this reply: I did a quick Google search to see if there were other screenshots of the Episode Summaries easily available online and stumbled across a website saying the file of Episode Summaries was created in August 2016:

Nice find! Yeah it makes sense for them being more accurate; the script pages that u/awayfortheladspart2 leaked were all from August as well, with the exception of one being from September.

But yeah, thanks for confirming the information of your reddit post and for providing those screenshots.:D

On 10/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

It seems strangely odd that there has not been any further posts for a while regarding the 3 Friki videos. Has anybody heard anything from any other sources regarding the validity of what he reported in his videos?  Just wondering.

Friki and the guy who runs Los Siete Reinos (like the Spanish Watchers on the Wall), Javi, were supposed to do an event together at a comic store on October 6.  They said Javi has a new spoiler to reveal.  

But they canceled the event today.  Friki had a personal issue.  They said they would reschedule it, but haven't announced when yet.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, alienarea said:

There seems to be nothing out there.

I wonder whether

a) Friki got played, realized it and shut up

b) HBO silenced him somehow

He hasn't shut up.  He posts on reddit and twitter.  He still says his spoiler is real.  His last Youtube video was him discussing the theories his viewers came up with to explain his spoilers, like why Jon and Dany aren't at the dragonpit.  Just discussing theories, no new spoilers.  It's unclear if Friki will offer up any new info, or if he's revealed everything he's got already.  

Javi from Los Siete Reinos does have a new spoiler to drop it seems.  He was going to reveal it on the 6th, but they've rescheduled.  The only thing they've said about Javi's spoiler is that it is "new".  So it could relate to Friki's Tyrion spoiler, or it could be something completely different.  

16 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Friki and the guy who runs Los Siete Reinos (like the Spanish Watchers on the Wall), Javi, were supposed to do an event together at a comic store on October 6.  They said Javi has a new spoiler to reveal.  

But they canceled the event today.  Friki had a personal issue.  They said they would reschedule it, but haven't announced when yet.

He hasn't shut up.  He posts on reddit and twitter.  He still says his spoiler is real.  His last Youtube video was him discussing the theories his viewers came up with to explain his spoilers, like why Jon and Dany aren't at the dragonpit.  Just discussing theories, no new spoilers.  It's unclear if Friki will offer up any new info, or if he's revealed everything he's got already.  

Javi from Los Siete Reinos does have a new spoiler to drop it seems.  He was going to reveal it on the 6th, but they've rescheduled.  The only thing they've said about Javi's spoiler is that it is "new".  So it could relate to Friki's Tyrion spoiler, or it could be something completely different.  

Thanks for the update. Are you able to clarify what Friki said in his Spanish video related to something about the dragonpit meeting, besides the trial issue, there was some mention on previous posts about the meeting also addressing land distribution and discussing a new form of government for Westeros. Was this info actually part of his spoiler or was it just a theory he had and do you have any more specific info of the content of this other meeting component? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Thanks for the update. Are you able to clarify what Friki said in his Spanish video related to something about the dragonpit meeting, besides the trial issue, there was some mention on previous posts about the meeting also addressing land distribution and discussing a new form of government for Westeros. Was this info actually part of his spoiler or was it just a theory he had and do you have any more specific info of the content of this other meeting component? Thanks.

That was just a theory of his I believe, not a concrete spoiler.  Friki doesn't know why the trial is being conducted by that particular group of characters, or why Jon/Dany are not there, so he was theorizing the 'judges' make up a new government for Westeros, and that is why they are leading the trial.  

Friki mixes both spoilers and theories into his videos, and since he does them in Spanish, 'which is which' can get confused in the translation.  Happens a lot with his stuff.  Those of us who don't speak Spanish are at the mercy of translators to accurately get what Friki is saying.  

4 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

That was just a theory of his I believe, not a concrete spoiler.  Friki doesn't know why the trial is being conducted by that particular group of characters, or why Jon/Dany are not there, so he was theorizing the 'judges' make up a new government for Westeros.  

Friki mixes both spoilers and theories into his videos, and since he does them in Spanish, which is which can get confused in the translation.  Happens a lot with his stuff.  Those of us who don't speak Spanish are at the mercy of translators to accurately get what Friki is saying.  

Thanks a lot. Please keep us posted if you hear any more about Javi's  new spoiler you spoke about. 

Archived