Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, zionius said:

Yes, it is.

Thank you. Then I think we can't rule it out. When I first heard Friki's spoiler, I thought that somehow HBO had managed to deceive him. But now I don't know what to think, Javi says he got the same info from 2 different sources, one of them "very good" (in the sense of reliable, I think),and both unrelated to Friki's ones,  which  confirm Tyrion trial for treason, although his sources didn't give him all the details Friki's ones gave him.

Winteriscoming.net website reported today that actor Toby Osmond in his Spotlight CV included "earlier this year completedfilming a great royal role in the next (final) season of an epic network fantasy saga (airing Spring of 2019)". This is almost assuredly GOT. It was also reported that his role may tie into the Dragonpit scene reported by Friki where a man with golden armor or golden outfit was seen. It was further speculated that he might be playing a Dornish nobleman (they have been known to wear gold) and that he might be playing Quentyn Martell, other son of Doran Martell, although this character died in the books but has not previosly been included in the show, but maybe D&D will ignore this. Or maybe he will just represent another Dorne Family. Sounds reasonable. If this is true is does lend some support to the validity of Friki's videos. It would make sense to have a Dorne Noble there for the trial of Tyrion and also to discuss setting up a new governing system for Westeros (as speculated by Friki as well). Just another tidbit to chew. 

8 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Winteriscoming.net website reported today that actor Toby Osmond in his Spotlight CV included "earlier this year completedfilming a great royal role in the next (final) season of an epic network fantasy saga (airing Spring of 2019)". This is almost assuredly GOT. It was also reported that his role may tie into the Dragonpit scene reported by Friki where a man with golden armor or golden outfit was seen. It was further speculated that he might be playing a Dornish nobleman (they have been known to wear gold) and that he might be playing Quentyn Martell, other son of Doran Martell, although this character died in the books but has not previosly been included in the show, but maybe D&D will ignore this. Or maybe he will just represent another Dorne Family. Sounds reasonable. If this is true is does lend some support to the validity of Friki's videos. It would make sense to have a Dorne Noble there for the trial of Tyrion and also to discuss setting up a new governing system for Westeros (as speculated by Friki as well). Just another tidbit to chew. 

If the golden man is from Dorne we might get a Dayne. Would fit with closing the Ned and Lyanna flashbacks.

Or, he's Darkstar.

Does anybody know if Javi's referring to Jon as King was part of his spoiler info or was it just his own speculation/theory? If itwas part of the spoiler this would be monumental as to the End Game of the show as it would identify who will be sitting on the Iron Throne (assuming all the battles are over when they are walking thru a burnt out KL). It also would be consistant with a possible hint provided in the First Preview Trailer for the series that came out in Jan of 2011, 3 months before the first season episode was aired. In this video many of the main characters (many now dead) were pictured slightly off center frame sitting on a spinning Iron Throne with some also seen in side/brief facial profiles (but again slightly off center framed).  Daenerys was one of them and was spinning on the throne holding a dragon egg. However, it is interesting that only one character was shown centered-framed on a completely stationary throne with his white Direwolf sitting next to him. That individual was Jon Snow. This was of course before HBO knew that GOT was going to become a super major international hit. Was this just a coincidence? Perhaps! Perhaps not! But it does seem a little suspicious to me. HBO is still using the the same pictire of Jon Snow sitting on the Iron Thrown as a thumbnail ID for this First Preview Trailer. I found this on a Talking Thrones video dated 10/6/18 and was entitled "The First Preview Trailer Revealed How It All Ends?". I thought people might be interested in this. Just some additional food for thought.

Additional comments: It is interesting to me that as we enter season 8 only 4 characters (Daenerys, Cersei, Jamie, and Tyrion) are left from the spinning Iron Throne. Perhaps this is a harbinger of them all meeting their demise in season 8 (and would explain the need to formulate a plot line to get rid of Tyrion). The Game is like a giant roulette wheel, and when the game ends the ball lands in the slot for the only person who is left sitting on the stationary throne, Jon Snow. This would be an ultimate symbolism for "breaking the wheel", which seems a main theme for the Game. Just a wild idea. We shall see.

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Does anybody know if Javi's referring to Jon as King was part of his spoiler info or was it just his own speculation/theory? If itwas part of the spoiler this would be monumental as to the End Game of the show as it would identify who will be sitting on the Iron Throne (assuming all the battles are over when they are walking thru a burnt out KL). It also would be consistant with a possible hint provided in the First Preview Trailer for the series that came out in Jan of 2011, 3 months before the first season episode was aired. In this video many of the main characters (many now dead) were pictured slightly off center frame sitting on a spinning Iron Throne with some also seen in side/brief facial profiles (but again slightly off center framed).  Daenerys was one of them and was spinning on the throne holding a dragon egg. However, it is interesting that only one character was shown centered-framed on a completely stationary throne with his white Direwolf sitting next to him. That individual was Jon Snow. This was of course before HBO knew that GOT was going to become a super major international hit. Was this just a coincidence? Perhaps! Perhaps not! But it does seem a little suspicious to me. HBO is still using the the same pictire of Jon Snow sitting on the Iron Thrown as a thumbnail ID for this First Preview Trailer. I found this on a Talking Thrones video dated 10/6/18 and was entitled "The First Preview Trailer Revealed How It All Ends?". I thought people might be interested in this. Just some additional food for thought.

Additional comments: It is interesting to me that as we enter season 8 only 4 characters (Daenerys, Cersei, Jamie, and Tyrion) are left from the spinning Iron Throne. Perhaps this is a harbinger of them all meeting their demise in season 8 (and would explain the need to formulate a plot line to get rid of Tyrion). The Game is like a giant roulette wheel, and when the game ends the ball lands in the slot for the only person who is left sitting on the stationary throne, Jon Snow. This would be an ultimate symbolism for "breaking the wheel", which seems a main theme for the Game. Just a wild idea. We shall see.

And it would also fit with Daenerys vision from the House of the Undying with a destroyed King's Landing and snow (the element) on the iron throne.

However, if the series ends with Jon Snow, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, former commander of the Nightwatch, murdered by his sworn brothers, resurrected by Melisandre, sitting on the iron throne, then it is the worst fantasy cheese I came across in a long time (and Joffrey Baratheon will vomit in his grave).

42 minutes ago, alienarea said:

However, if the series ends with Jon Snow, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, former commander of the Nightwatch, murdered by his sworn brothers, resurrected by Melisandre, sitting on the iron throne, then it is the worst fantasy cheese I came across in a long time (and Joffrey Baratheon will vomit in his grave).

I agree it would be cheesy. My hope, however, is that Jon will abolish the monarchy and allow for the establishment of some other form of government in Westeros. It has always been my perspective that Targaryen Rule in Westeros began with an Aegon and will end with an Aegon. It would be a plot twist if, in the end, no one ends up sitting on the Iron Throne. 

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I agree it would be cheesy. My hope, however, is that Jon will abolish the monarchy and allow for the establishment of some other form of government in Westeros. It has always been my perspective that Targaryen Rule in Westeros began with an Aegon and will end with an Aegon. It would be a plot twist if, in the end, no one ends up sitting on the Iron Throne. 

Jon has been a bit of a rebel in his ruling/leading style. He, not Dany, would likely be the driving force behind a council or legislature or separate kingdoms or a democracy/republic.

5 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

That’s actually somewhat consistent with the books as book Jon was big on the reforms when he became LC, to the extent it made some folks rather stabby.

It would also provide an explanation for Jon’s (and Dany’s? :dunno:) absence. If Tyrion is being tried by peers, then the presence of a monarch, even just in observation, kinda sends the wrong message and takes away from the authority of peers doing the judging.

7 hours ago, Valyrian Lance said:

Jon has been a bit of a rebel in his ruling/leading style. He, not Dany, would likely be the driving force behind a council or legislature or separate kingdoms or a democracy/republic.

He could be.  But the show is not exactly known for having its characters act in a consistent manner.  One second you have Daenerys allowing the people of Meereen to choose their own leaders and granting the Iron Islands independence, the next second you have her demanding people to submit to her..  But even in S7, the show had Dany seek out council from different leaders, whereas Jon never sought it out and simply did what he thought was right.  It's difficult to tell what they'll have them do next season.

If I were a betting man though, I'd wager that Daenerys will play a major role in whatever political structure Westeros ends up with.  The Iron Throne, "Breaking the Wheel", and more recently succession are all things that have been heavily baked into her storyline, and something must come of it.  I'd say that's almost as easy as guessing that Jon will be the one to ultimately kill the Night King but that's just me.

Entertainment Weekly that is coming out tomorrow will have an extensive preview on the upcoming season of GOT. The cover is a featured picture of Jon and Daenerys embracing each other dressed in Winter outfits. GOT executive producer Bryan Cogman gave the first real details of the cycle ahead:

‘It’s about all of these disparate characters coming together to face a common enemy, dealing with their own past, and defining the person they want to be in the face of certain death,’ Cogman said. ‘It’s an incredibly emotional, haunting, bittersweet final season and I think it honours very much what [author George RR Martin] set out to do – which is flipping this kind of story on its head.’

Sounds like a straightforward Tolkien type ending (Jon and/or Daenerys sitting on the Iron Throne with a renewed Targaryen dynasty in place in Westeros) may not be the most likely ending to the story. But who knows. 

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Have there been no leaked location shots?

Like a photo of Dany on set with a baby bump?  No, nothing like that.  I can't recall any location shots that showed major actors in costume this year.  Lots of set photos, but none showing major characters.  HBO did a better job of avoiding those types of spoilers this year, compared to S7.  

The Tyrion spoiler we got from Frikidoctor is pretty major, but it doesn't tell us much about Dany's fate, or if there is a pregnancy or not. 

EDIT:  Actually, there was that Croatian scene that got filmed.  Cersei, Jon and the Mountain were there in costume, shooting a scene. Some people think Dany was there too, but there are no verifiable photos of her there.  

I can't think of any other times characters got photographed while in costume and filming a scene for S8, off the top of my head.  

9 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Entertainment Weekly that is coming out tomorrow will have an extensive preview on the upcoming season of GOT. The cover is a featured picture of Jon and Daenerys embracing each other dressed in Winter outfits. GOT executive producer Bryan Cogman gave the first real details of the cycle ahead:

‘It’s about all of these disparate characters coming together to face a common enemy, dealing with their own past, and defining the person they want to be in the face of certain death,’ Cogman said. ‘It’s an incredibly emotional, haunting, bittersweet final season and I think it honours very much what [author George RR Martin] set out to do – which is flipping this kind of story on its head.’

Sounds like a straightforward Tolkien type ending (Jon and/or Daenerys sitting on the Iron Throne with a renewed Targaryen dynasty in place in Westeros) may not be the most likely ending to the story. But who knows. 

This sentence makes no sense if GRRM told D&D the book ending as some claim. That, or D&D went a different way.

2 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Like a photo of Dany on set with a baby bump?  No, nothing like that.  I can't recall any location shots that showed major actors in costume this year.  Lots of set photos, but none showing major characters.  HBO did a better job of avoiding those types of spoilers this year, compared to S7.  

The Tyrion spoiler we got from Frikidoctor is pretty major, but it doesn't tell us much about Dany's fate, or if there is a pregnancy or not. 

EDIT:  Actually, there was that Croatian scene that got filmed.  Cersei, Jon and the Mountain were there in costume, shooting a scene. Some people think Dany was there too, but there are no verifiable photos of her there.  

I can't think of any other times characters got photographed while in costume and filming a scene for S8, off the top of my head.  

Ok thanks. So she could or could not be pregnant this season.

50 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This sentence makes no sense if GRRM told D&D the book ending as some claim. That, or D&D went a different way.

The general consensus is that the ending is the same, but the journey is different. Besides, some people don’t like speaking in absolutes. I always say “I think” even when I’m 99% sure just to leave myself some wiggle room.

Just now, Dragon in the North said:

The general consensus is that the ending is the same, but the journey is different. Besides, some people don’t like speaking in absolutes. I always say “I think” even when I’m 99% sure just to leave myself some wiggle room.

I think the consensus is a bit too focused on wish fulfillment. GRRM keeps changing his mind, gardening, whatnot. If they did GRRM's ending, they'd be 100% sure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2018/09/18/george-r-r-martin-wanted-more-game-of-thrones/#1874e6f84a71

http://time.com/3994289/george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones-song-of-fire-and-ice-ending/

https://www.cnet.com/news/george-r-r-martin-some-game-of-thrones-tv-deaths-wont-happen-in-books/

Archived