Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

George RR Martin basically confirms Jon Snow will kill Daenerys Targaryen ahead of Game of Thrones season 8

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/17/george-rr-martin-basically-confirms-jon-snow-is-azor-ahai-ahead-of-game-of-thrones-season-8-8149933/

Interesting article. It would be consistent with Javi's spoiler which tends to imply Jon survives the battles and also seems consistent with both Javi's spoiler and Friki's spoilers where Daenerys is not present. Who knows for sure? Maybe just some more hype or misinformation from GRRM (depending on how you interpret his comments). Still interesting however.  

2 hours ago, alienarea said:

That would be crap. 

"We wanted it to happen, because ..."

The premise of the article itself seems to be spec upon spec upon spec, without really being too accurate in some of the details.  For instance, who ever said that Azor Ahai and The Prince That Was Promised are one in the same thing? 

11 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

George RR Martin basically confirms Jon Snow will kill Daenerys Targaryen ahead of Game of Thrones season 8

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/17/george-rr-martin-basically-confirms-jon-snow-is-azor-ahai-ahead-of-game-of-thrones-season-8-8149933/

Interesting article. It would be consistent with Javi's spoiler which tends to imply Jon survives the battles and also seems consistent with both Javi's spoiler and Friki's spoilers where Daenerys is not present. Who knows for sure? Maybe just some more hype or misinformation from GRRM (depending on how you interpret his comments). Still interesting however.  

When I first heard the "speculation" quote, I didn't think much of it, so it's interesting to see this article.  I am not sure what to think about it though. 

On 11/17/2018 at 6:32 AM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Lol. Massive click bait. 

Is it just me or are other people getting the vibe that Season 8 is just evolving into an alternative, slightly modified version of "The Return of the King" third book from the LOTR trilogy. The title would even fit. If Friki's spoilers are accurate I could see the Writers presenting Tyrion's treason as the third major twist they have promised (the two previous ones were individuals - Shereen and Hodor). Also this ending would be consistent, IMHO, with the comments from most of the major cast members that the ending will be surprising, unexpected, and divisive (for many fans anyway, perhaps not for many of us on this forum). Perhaps as a final modification will see Jon/Daenerys (after all the devastation from the wars) either dissolve the monarchy and turn the governing over to a Counsel,  or perhaps maintain the monarchy in name only (with no dictatorial powers) with a Counsel being the governing body (much like Great Britain). The latter would allow for the Targaryen Dynasty to survive (at least in name -especially with the offspring Jon/Daenerys we will probably have in Season 8). They could also help oversee the rebuilding of Westeros. Perhaps, to add some drama, we might see Daenerys appear to die (possibly as Nissa Nissa),  but then be resurrected without her previous immunity to fire (which was transferred the sword that becomes Lightbringer).  Just some more speculation. We shall see what happens.

21 hours ago, alienarea said:

That would reduce the purpose of Daenerys to being sacrificed as Nissa Nissa so that Jon can kill the Night King. And the whole point of exploring Essos was?

I think the whole Nissa Nissa thing is a bit of a red herring and is really there for Stannis' story and his decision to burn Shireen. 

Daenerys as one of the major protagonists in the story, is unlikely to go out in such a way. Her whole story starts off with this notion of home so she probably has to come to some realization about what home is before her story is properly over. Getting stabbed by her nephew/ lover is probably not that realization. 

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

I think the whole Nissa Nissa thing is a bit of a red herring and is really there for Stannis' story and his decision to burn Shireen. 

Daenerys as one of the major protagonists in the story, is unlikely to go out in such a way. Her whole story starts off with this notion of home so she probably has to come to some realization about what home is before her story is properly over. Getting stabbed by her nephew/ lover is probably not that realization. 

Perhaps the Nissa Nissa thing is a red herring, perhaps not. We shall see. In my speculation if she is resurrected after being stabbed, besides losing her immunity to fire she might also be rid of her obsession to rule and have a spiritual awakening that home is not really a realm, but rather her family with Jon and their offspring. Perhaps seeing all the devastation with dead men, woman, and children also will assist her in her awakening. Personally I would like to see Daenerys's character arc end this way, ridding itself of the negative aspects of her split personality so she can focus totally on her egalitarian beliefs, which Jon shares with her.  Call it tin foil if you want. But Emelia already has stated that the directors are going to have her doing a lot of "weird shit" in season 8. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Perhaps the Nissa Nissa thing is a red herring, perhaps not. We shall see. In my speculation if she is resurrected after being stabbed, besides losing her immunity to fire she might also be rid of her obsession to rule and have a spiritual awakening that home is not really a realm, but rather her family with Jon and their offspring. Perhaps seeing all the devastation with dead men, woman, and children also will assist her in her awakening. Personally I would like to see Daenerys's character arc end this way, ridding itself of the negative aspects of her split personality so she can focus totally on her egalitarian beliefs, which Jon shares with her.  Call it tin foil if you want. But Emelia already has stated that the directors are going to have her doing a lot of "weird shit" in season 8. Just an idea.

Not sure she has a split personality vs being just a grey character. 

Anyone notice the lack of Jaime and Sansa in the #ForTheThrone Season 8 promotions? 

Yesterday, the official Game of Thrones Instagram has up all the posters as Wallpapers now as well. 

Going through the selected #ForTheThrone wallpapers they Saved on the official Instagram:

1 Arya's the North Remembers
2 The Battle of the Bastards 
3 Bran Warging
4 Dany's baby dragons
5 Not a Queen, a Khaleesi
6 Hold the Door
7 Jon Snow’s Resurrection 
9 Night King Hardhome 
10 Red Wedding 
11 Viserion and The Wall
12 Tyrion and Twyn
13 Cersei's Walk of Shame

5 hours ago, a black swan said:

Anyone notice the lack of Jaime and Sansa in the #ForTheThrone Season 8 promotions? 

Yesterday, the official Game of Thrones Instagram has up all the posters as Wallpapers now as well. 

Going through the selected #ForTheThrone wallpapers they Saved on the official Instagram:

1 Arya's the North Remembers
2 The Battle of the Bastards 
3 Bran Warging
4 Dany's baby dragons
5 Not a Queen, a Khaleesi
6 Hold the Door
7 Jon Snow’s Resurrection 
9 Night King Hardhome 
10 Red Wedding 
11 Viserion and The Wall
12 Tyrion and Twyn
13 Cersei's Walk of Shame

Not sure if we can really read anything into that to be honest. 

Although interesting that they went more with key moments from George’s five (Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and Bran), iconic deaths (Cat, Hodor) and the antagonists (Cersei, NK). 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, jcmontea said:

Dany being killed is fine.  But, I'd prefer to see her go down fighting, whether as hero or villain.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Dany being killed is fine.  But, I'd prefer to see her go down fighting, whether as hero or villain.

I think she can be killed. 

I don’t think the person that will kill her will be her nephew/ lover given the home thread through her story. 

Although it would be ironic i suppose

Newly released Look Back at Arya's Journey For the Throne (shared on GoT's official Twitter account)

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/arya-stark-for-the-throne-character-journey

The theme song they chose (instead of the Stark or Needle theme) was The Children. Recall, in Tyrion's journey recap, The Rains of Castamere is currently playing.

The High Valyrian snatches of words in "The Children" theme with phrases like "little sister" or Daria, Demalion means "The Queen, The Throne".

1 hour ago, a black swan said:

Newly released Look Back at Arya's Journey For the Throne (shared on GoT's official Twitter account)

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/arya-stark-for-the-throne-character-journey

The theme song they chose (instead of the Stark or Needle theme) was The Children. Recall, in Tyrion's journey recap, The Rains of Castamere is currently playing.

The High Valyrian snatches of words in "The Children" theme with phrases like "little sister" or Daria, Demalion means "The Queen, The Throne".

Not knowing anything, but maybe a twist that makes us (or Westeros?) believe that Cersei won but it's actually Arya wearing Cersei's face?

On 11/21/2018 at 7:53 PM, alienarea said:

Not knowing anything, but maybe a twist that makes us (or Westeros?) believe that Cersei won but it's actually Arya wearing Cersei's face?

Cersei is the last name on her hit list, so they'll likely meet at some point with her face-wearing fetish ... who knows. I still think that third twist is somehow tied to the Others/White Walkers and how it all ends. Which is why we're getting that prequel to get more into that. I doubt they'd sideline them for Cersei after 7 season of build them up. It'll likely go hand-in-hand as a threat as sort of a three-way war basically, rather than classic living vs dead. Cersei backstabbing them, Tyrion's loyalty, Jaime's dilemma, Cersei's paranoia, Arya and Sansa need for revenge.. On top of it Jon and Daenerys.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Does anyone know if there have been any good Bran will end up as the ruler theories over the years?

With all the major bookies giving it the best odds of happening of any other outcome feels like now is the time to reexamine those

The overall context of Westeros being XXL Britain is pointing in this direction. Bran could be a version of Ivar, Ned being Ragnar. With Winterfell and KL supposedly being destroyed, Bran might found a new capital.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Does anyone know if there have been any good Bran will end up as the ruler theories over the years?

With all the major bookies giving it the best odds of happening of any other outcome feels like now is the time to reexamine those

The theory I am most familiar with relates Bran as being a sort of reincarnation of Bran the Builder, who was instrumental in building the wall and starting the building of Winterfell after the first invasion of the WW's thousands of years ago. Does make some possible sense. I don't recall off the top of my head if Bran was also there in the Dragonpit spoiler scenes reported by Friki. Does anyone recall? 

On 11/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

The theory I am most familiar with relates Bran as being a sort of reincarnation of Bran the Builder, who was instrumental in building the wall and starting the building of Winterfell after the first invasion of the WW's thousands of years ago. Does make some possible sense. I don't recall off the top of my head if Bran was also there in the Dragonpit spoiler scenes reported by Friki. Does anyone recall? 

Yes, he says he was at the dragonpit scene. But has Davos who is the "head of the jury" and not wearing a Hand of the King pin.

5 hours ago, a black swan said:

Yes, he says he was at the dragonpit scene. But has Davos who is the "head of the jury" and not wearing a Hand of the King pin.

I'm not sure this means much. Davos was not wearing it when Jon first met Daenerys and also at the Council meeting when Jon convinced Daenerys to agree to them going north to capture a wigt. And Jon was still King of the North on those occasions.  

Archived