Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

32 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I'm not sure this means much. Davos was not wearing it when Jon first met Daenerys and also at the Council meeting when Jon convinced Daenerys to agree to them going north to capture a wigt. And Jon was still King of the North on those occasions.  

king in the north does not have a formal position called hand of the king nor a pin for that not existent position 

king of westeros does

42 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

king in the north does not have a formal position called hand of the king nor a pin for that not existent position 

king of westeros does

Thanks for the correction. I forgot Kings in the North do not have formal courts with such a position. Perhaps Davos is not wearing one because either Jon is dead, someone else is appointed his Hand (unlikely), Daenerys or someone else is Queen/King, or the Iron Throne has been dissolved. IMHO the most likely reason is the last one (which I think we are being set up by HBO to be a major twist-if not the major twist the directors have forewarned is going to take place). We shall see. There was no specific mention in Friki's spoiler that anyone was wearing a Hand pin in the Dragonpit scene (I know this doesn't mean for sure someone did not have one on). 

From the Independent yesterday:

With the HBO fantasy epic’s final six episodes set to be comprised of numerous showdowns, Vladimir Furdik – who plays the villainous Night King – has revealed when exactly the season’s biggest (and most costly) battle will take place. Speaking to Hungarian website Sorozat Wiki, he seemed to confirm the battle the series has been building to since its very first episode in 2011 will arrive much earlier than anticipated. “In the third part (meaning episode) of the last season, there is a battle that the creators intend to be the biggest in television history,” Furdik said. “Almost the full episode will be about the battle, it will take about an hour.” Many expected the showdown, which will see long-standing enemies unite to defeat the Night King’s army, to arrive toward the end of the season – however, Furdik’s revelation means the back half of the season will focus on the small case of the Iron Throne.

If this is accurate Friki's and Javi's spoilers would seem to indicate (assuming the NK was destroyed in the WF battle) that the NK is not involved in the issues surrounding the burning of Kings Landing at the end of the show. So either Tyrion is totally responsible (locking the gate and using wildfire) or Daenerys and her dragons (possibly combined with some actions of Tyrion) are to blame. Daenerys was not seen in either spoiler (I realize this could be explained in other ways but still her absence is intriging).   

4 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

With the HBO fantasy epic’s final six episodes set to be comprised of numerous showdowns, Vladimir Furdik – who plays the villainous Night King – has revealed when exactly the season’s biggest (and most costly) battle will take place. Speaking to Hungarian website Sorozat Wiki, he seemed to confirm the battle the series has been building to since its very first episode in 2011 will arrive much earlier than anticipated. “In the third part (meaning episode) of the last season, there is a battle that the creators intend to be the biggest in television history,” Furdik said. “Almost the full episode will be about the battle, it will take about an hour.” Many expected the showdown, which will see long-standing enemies unite to defeat the Night King’s army, to arrive toward the end of the season – however, Furdik’s revelation means the back half of the season will focus on the small case of the Iron Throne.

If this is accurate Friki's and Javi's spoilers would seem to indicate (assuming the NK was destroyed in the WF battle) that the NK is not involved in the issues surrounding the burning of Kings Landing at the end of the show. So either Tyrion is totally responsible (locking the gate and using wildfire) or Daenerys and her dragons (possibly combined with some actions of Tyrion) are to blame. Daenerys was not seen in either spoiler (I realize this could be explained in other ways but still her absence is intriging).   

If this is the case, then Winterfell earns its name one last time.

And regarding the Spanish spoiler the suggested betrayal may lead to Daenerys attacking KL without need.

Maybe Jon + Daenerys kill each other then?

3 hours ago, alienarea said:

And regarding the Spanish spoiler the suggested betrayal may lead to Daenerys attacking KL without need.

Maybe Jon + Daenerys kill each other then?

It certainly would be ironic if Daenerys (even if duped by Tyrion) fulfills her father's infamous mantra of "Burn them all". Really would turn the show on it's head. She ends up killing the people she is trying to save.

In Javi's spoiler (if accurate) Jon was touring the burnt out KL with Tyrion so it would seem that at least Jon survives. Perhaps prior to this he does kill Daenerys in a very unsuspected "Dance of Dragons". Also would turn the show on its head. I doubt however, that it will happen this way. IMHO both Jon and Daenerys will survive, but not as rulers of Westeros. The Iron Throne will be gone. Targaryen rule in Westeros began with an Aegon and will end with an Aegon. We shall see.  

17 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I don’t think this is true at all. 

According to Watchers on the Wall, WF will fall which means the walkers win that battle. 

This article assumes for some reason that the living win at WF when that does not seem to be the case if we can believe WOTW. 

Friki and Javi have also said many times they think the living lose at WF. 

So it may be the greatest battle in tv history and last an hour, but does not seem like it will be decisive. 

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

According to Watchers on the Wall, WF will fall which means the walkers win that battle. 

This article assumes for some reason that the living win at WF when that does not seem to be the case if we can believe WOTW. 

So it may be the greatest battle in tv history and last an hour, but does not seem like it will be decisive. 

Both is possible, IMHO. Like Jon was saved in the last minute in the 'Battle of the Bastards' by the army of the Vale arriving just in time, the army of the dead may win Winterfell and destroy it, but when all seems lost the Night King catches a dragonglass arrow (Anguy!) and his army dies with him.

[Disclaimer: I'm not Jon Snow but I know nothing all the same]

5 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Furdik also doesn’t say it’s the final and decisive battle either, it’s another case of shoddy journalism I think

the only thing the guy said was it will be the series biggest and most expensive battle. Totally possible. he didn't make any claims about who won or lost, that the NK was defeated, etc etc. For all we know the NK could have split his forces into two brigades, each with different objectives. 

22 hours ago, Cridefea said:

First teaser!

Dragonglass!!! :rolleyes:  @Curled Finger @Faera

what do you think?

Oh my...

Excuse me while I breathe into a paper bag!

EDIT: My initial gut reaction is that they might actually lose the North and meet the Other at around the Neck to around the top of the Riverlands.

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Dragonglass...or another Wall...

That's what it looked like to me, too. I'm wondering about that old Wall, now. Hammer of the Waters called up to split the land and then it was frozen?

16 hours ago, alienarea said:

The Giant of Bravos will fall and become the four-toed statue.

Obviously the Night King will meet his end by dragonfire and become the smoke monster.

Jack is Jon and both will be gone.

Sam Hurley will save the day.

All logic will be LOST.

LOL  I still find those four toes quite 'disquieting!' 

11 hours ago, Lollygag said:

That's what it looked like to me, too. I'm wondering about that old Wall, now. Hammer of the Waters called up to split the land and then it was frozen?

LOL, I see the forces of Fire and Ice meeting with the Ice force coming down from the North, and the forces of Fire coming up from the south. Nothing more, nothing less. 

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

LOL, I see the forces of Fire and Ice meeting with the Ice force coming down from the North, and the forces of Fire coming up from the south. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Well I won't LOL you back because that would be rude of me. Take it at face value if you prefer.

GRRM could have had ice and fire meet and the result would be similar to real life: the fire fizzles out, the ice melts to water or steam. But here we have something remarkably more dramatic in the place where we have a lot of water and a place near the Gods Eye/Isle of Faces and we did have that symbol which seems to ...

Now I got more musing going on.

The Others freezing a Hammer type event explains that weird ice cell in the Wall. Jon notes that every generation for thousands of years until recently added more height to the Wall meaning its original form was quite different. The inside-the-Wall ice cell where they store meat is Other-ish. Meat lasts longer here than conventional freezing. Jon notes it’s colder here than what he’d expect. All of the meat is hung by iron. The room has a big iron door. That Othery ice cell makes sense if the Wall was formed by the Other magic freezing water thus creating the original Wall, maybe a jagged and organic looking thing that was built around as the generations passed to get a more conventional Wall that we see now.

AGOT Bran IV

Old Nan nodded. "In that darkness, the Others came for the first time," she said as her needles went click click click. "They were cold things, dead things, that hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every creature with hot blood in its veins.

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

Well I won't LOL you back because that would be rude of me. Take it at face value if you prefer.

GRRM could have had ice and fire meet and the result would be similar to real life: the fire fizzles out, the ice melts to water or steam. But here we have something remarkably more dramatic in the place where we have a lot of water and a place near the Gods Eye/Isle of Faces and we did have that symbol which seems to ...

Now I got more musing going on.

The Others freezing a Hammer type event explains that weird ice cell in the Wall. Jon notes that every generation for thousands of years until recently added more height to the Wall meaning its original form was quite different. The inside-the-Wall ice cell where they store meat is Other-ish. Meat lasts longer here than conventional freezing. Jon notes it’s colder here than what he’d expect. All of the meat is hung by iron. The room has a big iron door. That Othery ice cell makes sense if the Wall was formed by the Other magic freezing water thus creating the original Wall, maybe a jagged and organic looking thing that was built around as the generations passed to get a more conventional Wall that we see now.

AGOT Bran IV

Old Nan nodded. "In that darkness, the Others came for the first time," she said as her needles went click click click. "They were cold things, dead things, that hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every creature with hot blood in its veins.

We are talking about a 30 second trailer here. Not sure what your talking about tbh

Archived