Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jon, Dan, Tyrion and Cersei have been the "main" characters these last seasons, sothat doesn't surprise me. If anything, it's very interesting that Arya is there as well..

Although, now I'm confused. Didn't Bran and Sansa also have their clips? 

Bran was featured in the #Forthethrone posters and promos. Not the Relive the Journeys character pages. Only the five I mentioned earlier got one dedicated to them. Jaime & Sansa have had no #Forthethrone promo features. 

It's worth watching this series recap released by HBO soon after S7 wrapped. The characters featured once again are the original main 5 plus the endgame villains Cersei and the NK.

I thought people might be interested in the following:

TV Guide for next week features Game of Thrones with a front page cover picture of Jon Snow (interesting-just Jon). The following associated material is from TVInsider:

Daenerys actor Emilia and Jon actor Kit recently spoke to TVInsider where they explained the news of their relation will “cut deep".She said: “Daenerys' lifelong dream has been to avenge her family and claim her rightful seat on the Iron Throne.” However she went on to add: “She truly loves Jon. Were she to find out about his title, it would cut deep.”

Kit continued: “Jon is someone who plays by the book. He cannot lie." Finding out about Dany would be very hard for him.” While Jon is not the type of person to seek out and claim power, he may feel obliged to do the right thing and take his rightful position as the King of Westeros (this last sentence was not a quote from Kit).

Showrunner of the HBO epic DB Weiss went on to say: “From a dramatic standpoint, it makes things interesting. Because the story is no longer about who Jon's parents are. It's about what happens when Jon finds out.” And at the moment it is anyone’s guess how the duo will react once they find out the truth.

I realize it doesn't really say much but I found it a little interesting all the same. Can't wait for the new season. 

27 minutes ago, alienarea said:

That smells like a Romeo and Juliet ending for Daenerys and Jon. "We wanted it to happen, because dramatically it made sense."

They both ended up dead (by committing suicide). As a result their warring families reconciled their differences and then joined together in peace to mourn them. Will something similar happen to Jon and Daenerys? Is that what you are suggesting? Just wondering. IMHO the GOT TV story is a similar tragedy in the making. Perhaps ending up more Shakespearian than Tolkienish. I could see GRRM and D&D doing this. It would be a very surprising and unsuspected ending. But who knows?

10 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

They both ended up dead (by committing suicide). As a result their warring families reconciled their differences and then joined together in peace to mourn them. Will something similar happen to Jon and Daenerys? Is that what you are suggesting? Just wondering. IMHO the GOT TV story is a similar tragedy in the making. Perhaps ending up more Shakespearian than Tolkienish. I could see GRRM and D&D doing this. It would be a very surprising and unsuspected ending. But who knows?

The Shakespearian ending would fit with their absence according to the Frikidoctor spoiler and I can imagine having Tyrion having a hand in this because he cannot get Daenerys for himself, making it her third betrayal "for love".

But, like Jon Snow, I know nothing :P

21 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Daenerys actor Emilia and Jon actor Kit recently spoke to TVInsider where they explained the news of their relation will “cut deep".She said: “Daenerys' lifelong dream has been to avenge her family and claim her rightful seat on the Iron Throne.” However she went on to add: “She truly loves Jon. Were she to find out about his title, it would cut deep.”

Kit continued: “Jon is someone who plays by the book. He cannot lie." Finding out about Dany would be very hard for him.” While Jon is not the type of person to seek out and claim power, he may feel obliged to do the right thing and take his rightful position as the King of Westeros (this last sentence was not a quote from Kit).

Showrunner of the HBO epic DB Weiss went on to say: “From a dramatic standpoint, it makes things interesting. Because the story is no longer about who Jon's parents are. It's about what happens when Jon finds out.” And at the moment it is anyone’s guess how the duo will react once they find out the truth.

This is interesting--and would possibly be enlightening if Kit and D&D hadn't shot their credibility on the "Jon is dead and his character isn't coming back" theatrics.

Kit's on record saying he, the actor, was done with GOT after Jon's death. Then. . . not.

These guys are just straight up liars--and mad that their "Jon's coming back" reveal got spoiled by a rogue photographer.

At this point, I'm half afraid they'll end the show with Bran waking back up in the Raven's cave, with the Raven still alive, saying, "I warned you that you weren't ready. Let's begin again." And roll credits.

Or, halfway through final season, we'll find out that the Night's King hijacked Bran's visions, the RLJ reveal was false, and we'll end up with an even crappier reveal than the RLJ reveal.

Just hoping my fears aren't warranted and they will just make RLJ actually work in the show.

21 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I realize it doesn't really say much but I found it a little interesting all the same. Can't wait for the new season.

Here's me hoping and praying that your enthusiasm is warranted--these guys can do great work when they want to. 

Hoping the final season lives up to that.

3 hours ago, alienarea said:

That smells like a Romeo and Juliet ending for Daenerys and Jon. "We wanted it to happen, because dramatically it made sense."

Cut-the-crap alert is ticking. Jump-the-Stark alert, too.

They can't cut the crap--it's their modus operandi when it comes to hype. They don't have another move.

They proved that with Jon's death and resurrection.

Really hoping they don't completely screw this up and put in some idiotic "twist." 

33 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

They can't cut the crap--it's their modus operandi when it comes to hype. They don't have another move.

Really hoping they don't completely screw this up and put in some idiotic "twist." 

Like everything being Bran's hallucination before he dies, after being pushed out the window? And then Joffrey marries Sansa and they live happily ever after ...

23 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Like everything being Bran's hallucination before he dies, after being pushed out the window? And then Joffrey marries Sansa and they live happily ever after ...

Hadn't thought of going that far back--but you could make the argument for it, given how they've run the show--HA!.

Or--just start over with Bran in the cave, the Raven says, "I told you you weren't ready, let's start over." Screen goes black, then: "To be continued when GRRM finishes the next book." Roll credits.

Or the Night's King hijacked Bran's visions, hiding the truth: Jon's father is Mord, King of Sky Cells.

So many options, so little time.

I see Friki posted another video in Spanish yesterday. I am aware that he has said he would not post another video with any more new spoilers without first giving some forewarning and then would post them in English. I therefore assume this new video (appears to be about Tyrion by title) just included some of his theories building on his past spoilers. Just the same I was wondering if anyone has any info about the content of the new video. I would be interested in what he had to say even if the content was just his own theories. So can anyone help out there?

23 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I see Friki posted another video in Spanish yesterday. I am aware that he has said he would not post another video with any more new spoilers without first giving some forewarning and then would post them in English. I therefore assume this new video (appears to be about Tyrion by title) just included some of his theories building on his past spoilers. Just the same I was wondering if anyone has any info about the content of the new video. I would be interested in what he had to say even if the content was just his own theories. So can anyone help out there?

Do you ever check on Reddit Freefolk?https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/9g4str/frikidoctor_leak_megathread_vol_2/

They sometimes post translations--If you are looking at his stuff, you probably already know about Freefolk--but thought I'd mention them just in case.

Friki has gotten it right enough that he's worth listening to. 

24 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

Do you ever check on Reddit Freefolk?https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/9g4str/frikidoctor_leak_megathread_vol_2/

They sometimes post translations--If you are looking at his stuff, you probably already know about Freefolk--but thought I'd mention them just in case.

Friki has gotten it right enough that he's worth listening to. 

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the sites. I just haven't seen any comments yet (maybe I just missed them). I thought perhaps someone who speaks Spanish saw the video and could give at least some info. Thanks again.

Also nothing on this site yet: https://www.reddit.com/user/therealfrikidoctor/

4 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the sites. I just haven't seen any comments yet (maybe I just missed them). I thought perhaps someone who speaks Spanish saw the video and could give at least some info. Thanks again.

Also nothing on this site yet: https://www.reddit.com/user/therealfrikidoctor/

They covered the new vid here (in the comments):  https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/acborz/anyone_have_a_translation_for_frikis_latest

Anytime Friki does a video within a few hours there is a thread on Freefolk about it where users translate what he said in the comments.  To find it you just need to browse the "new" section of Freefolk after he does a video (depending on when you look, you might need to go back a few pages).  Here is the link:  https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/new/

Friki's new vid does not have new spoilers, he mostly just shoots down a fake leaker who came on Freefolk and claimed Tyrion kills everyone in the end.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, Ser Wun Wun said:

They covered the new vid here (in the comments):  https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/acborz/anyone_have_a_translation_for_frikis_latest

Anytime Friki does a video within a few hours there is a thread on Freefolk about it where users translate what he said in the comments.  To find it you just need to browse the "new" section of Freefolk after he does a video (depending on when you look, you might need to go back a few pages).  Here is the link:  https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/new/

Friki's new vid does not have new spoilers, he mostly just shoots down a fake leaker who came on Freefolk and claimed Tyrion kills everyone in the end.

Thanks for the links ,especially the second one.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, a black swan said:

How much did Bran/Catelyn/Ned/Hodor care about the Throne when they were highlighted in the #FortheThrone marketing along with the already mentioned 5? 

I don't know and I don't think I ever knew as I wasn't paying that much attention then.  These are the "plot demanded it" guys and they're playing all of this by ear as they can't even maintain continuity between sequential episodes, let alone marketing from several seasons ago.

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but for the sake of argument - Ned, Cat, and Bran (Robb's heir before he became the Bran 2000) had a major stake in who sat the throne in the past seasons. Hodor - he's just popular and this is marketing. Was Hodor featured during the same season as his death? 

https://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/for-the-throne

Jon - See how a bastard became King in the North.

Tyrion - He drinks and he knows things.

Arya - The North remembers, do you?

Cersei - Power is power.

Dany - It wasn’t easy earning all those titles

Except for Tyrion, and his subtitle is a bit of a challenge if one is being honest, these are all about the Throne. And HBO isn't giving away the show's kill list that easily with a sloppy reveal by the marketing dept. They at least have this much competence. So that's what I'm rolling with. 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, alienarea said:

Cut-the-crap alert is ticking. Jump-the-Stark alert, too.

The main ending will be the same as GRRMs, with a few minor diversions based on some missing characters.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, Sly Wren said:

Sweet Robin as King of Westeros because he is the only one left with a standing army.......

On January 7, 2019 at 10:29 PM, Error-504 said:

Sweet Robin as King of Westeros because he is the only one left with a standing army.......

That would actually be a bit logical.

But in the same vein: Jorah relapses. Turns out he gave greyscale to Dany. Who gave it to Jon--and accidentally to all of his siblings. Dany also infected her dragons.

Series ends with the white walkers stomping over Stark and Targ corpses.

On January 6, 2019 at 8:12 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

3 second HBO clip shown tonite during Golden Globes for GOT season 8 showed Sansa saying to Daenerys "Winterfell is yours, your grace". Daenerys then appears to smile. Reportedly from Daenerys arriving with Jon at Winterfell. At least some dialogue from characters.

Yes--shows that the show looks to still be gorgeous.

Really hoping they don't let Sansa, Arya, and Dany devolve into "The Real Housewives of Winterfell." Hoping it will be constructive and not forced anger. . . . 

But with Jorah in the back of that image, am thinking more and more that my suspicion that Jorah is going to relapse and that he already accidentally infected Dany might come true. . . 

Archived