Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

26 minutes ago, elerrina said:

Er no? I think you're getting that confused with one of the other Valaryian swords as Ice was melted down by Tywin to make swords for Joffrey and Jaime

The Stark House sword has been named "Ice" dating back about 8000 yrs to the Age of Heroes, Ned's sword Ice was about 400 years old. It was the most recent version of Ice but not the first Stark sword named Ice. 

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

The Stark House sword has been named "Ice" dating back about 8000 yrs to the Age of Heroes, Ned's sword Ice was about 400 years old. It was the most recent version of Ice but not the first Stark sword named Ice. 

And your point? it was quite clearly Valyrian steel. 

2 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Jaime only left KL when he understood Cersei didn't intend to send help to the Nord. He should definitely not be there yet. But Brienne... Either she has a FAST:lol:  horse. Or we have to assume she traveled with Jon. because she is his sister bodyguard.

If she traveled with Jon, she should arrive with Jon, not be present before his arrival. She definitely should not have been there, standing with Sansa. or, Jamie should have been there as well, having just as fast a horse. 

17 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Jaime only left KL when he understood Cersei didn't intend to send help to the Nord. He should definitely not be there yet. But Brienne... Either she has a FAST:lol:  horse. Or we have to assume she traveled with Jon. because she is his sister bodyguard.

18 hours ago, Error-504 said:

In the one official footage of Season 8, we see Jon and Dany arriving at WF. In the background we see Brienne. How was it possible for Brienne to beat them there? Jon and Dany traveled by boat, Brienne presumably by horseback. If Brienne is there, shouldn't Jamie be there as well? 

The season 8 teaser makes a lot of sense (exception being the statues) if it (or something like it) where to occur shortly after Jon learns of his true parentage. 

Maybe Jon and Dany stayed back at White Harbour to arrange the arrival of Dany troops. And Brienne traveled faster to Winterfell to tell about Dany and Jon coming.

Or they travel to WInterfell together with Jon and Dany and for the last miles she was sent first to tell that Jon and Dany is coming and to prepare the castle for guests.

1 hour ago, thor2006 said:

And that means what in regards of Song of Ice and Fire?

From what I've read, Bran solving the plot, I suppose.

"The bleeding star bespoke the end," he said to Aeron. "These are the last days, when the world shall be broken and remade. A new god shall be born from the graves and charnel pits." --

4 hours ago, thor2006 said:

Maybe Jon and Dany stayed back at White Harbour to arrange the arrival of Dany troops. And Brienne traveled faster to Winterfell to tell about Dany and Jon coming.

Or they travel to WInterfell together with Jon and Dany and for the last miles she was sent first to tell that Jon and Dany is coming and to prepare the castle for guests.

She is Sansa's bodyguard. and sworn shield Even if she came with Jon and Daenerys, her first move would be to stand beside Sansa. Not waiting any "welcome" ceremony, not asking any leave. And yes, riding ahead the last few miles to warn of the coming make sense.

5 hours ago, thor2006 said:

And that means what in regards of Song of Ice and Fire?

Did you read my earlier post ?

"The bleeding star...": This is referring to Euron. Book Euron. Not to confuse with his derisory show version. This one is seeking godhood. And I would say he knows his business.

The Forsaken, TWOW:

Spoiler

Aeron Damphair looked. The mound of skulls was gone. Now it was metal underneath the Crow’s Eye: a great, tall, twisted seat of razor sharp iron, barbs and blades and broken swords, all dripping blood.

Impaled upon the longer spikes were the bodies of the gods. The Maiden was there and the Father and the Mother, the Warrior and Crone and Smith...even the Stranger. They hung side by side with all manner of queer foreign gods: the Great Shepherd and the Black Goat, three-headed Trios and the Pale Child Bakkalon, the Lord of Light and the butterfly god of Naath.

And there, swollen and green, half­-devoured by crabs, the Drowned God festered with the rest, seawater still dripping from his hair.

When I read that, it increased my confidence the higher prize is more than the Iron Throne.

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

She is Sansa's bodyguard. and sworn shield Even if she came with Jon and Daenerys, her first move would be to stand beside Sansa. Not waiting any "welcome" ceremony, not asking any leave. And yes, riding ahead the last few miles to warn of the coming make sense.

Brienne clearly didn't arrive with Dany and Jon at the dragon-pit, I doubt she left with them either. Highly doubtful the boat Dan and Jony were on is capable of carrying horses either, and it is seen sailing solo to Wf. Stopping and waiting is a possibility, but fore planning would have had them on their way before Jon and Dany ever left KL. I think it has more to do with a plot hole. 

6 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Brienne clearly didn't arrive with Dany and Jon at the dragon-pit, I doubt she left with them either. Highly doubtful the boat Dan and Jony were on is capable of carrying horses either, and it is seen sailing solo to Wf. Stopping and waiting is a possibility, but fore planning would have had them on their way before Jon and Dany ever left KL. I think it has more to do with a plot hole. 

It doesn't matter if the boat could carry horses or not. In any case they can get some at White Harbor. They arrived in KL from different places, at different time. But they all left at the same time, for the same place. Their home now for Jon and Brienne. Make sense to travel together.

59 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Jaime might be screwed when he gets to WF. Bran now knows all. You cant push a kid and cripple him in his own home.

This is one meeting I expect a lot. My view is Bran now sees the larger threat/plan. Bottom line: Jaime started him on his journey to become the 3-Eyed Raven. Each one did what was his purpose in the plan. What matter is what comes next.

14 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Did you read my earlier post ?

"The bleeding star...": This is referring to Euron. Book Euron. Not to confuse with his derisory show version. This one is seeking godhood. And I would say he knows his business.

The Forsaken, TWOW:

Reveal hidden contents

Aeron Damphair looked. The mound of skulls was gone. Now it was metal underneath the Crow’s Eye: a great, tall, twisted seat of razor sharp iron, barbs and blades and broken swords, all dripping blood.

Impaled upon the longer spikes were the bodies of the gods. The Maiden was there and the Father and the Mother, the Warrior and Crone and Smith...even the Stranger. They hung side by side with all manner of queer foreign gods: the Great Shepherd and the Black Goat, three-headed Trios and the Pale Child Bakkalon, the Lord of Light and the butterfly god of Naath.

And there, swollen and green, half­-devoured by crabs, the Drowned God festered with the rest, seawater still dripping from his hair.

When I read that, it increased my confidence the higher prize is more than the Iron Throne.

I hate book Euron.  Awful cartoon cut out style character.  I have no idea what GRRM was thinking, and I really hope after being introduced so late in the day that he doesn't become a major player.  Sooner he exits from the story the better.

2 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I hate book Euron.  Awful cartoon cut out style character.  I have no idea what GRRM was thinking, and I really hope after being introduced so late in the day that he doesn't become a major player.  Sooner he exits from the story the better.

Let's each one have its tastes. But I found the Ironborns all boring before Euron. Cartoon yes, but no more than Ramsey or Cersei or most of the villains. But right in what I believe this Ice and Fire song is. Two games, one by idiots and short minded for something that doesn't matter: an iron chair. And another, for life and what you made of it. For me the story really takes volume with books 4 or 5. If it was just medieval fiction, I would not read it.

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

It doesn't matter if the boat could carry horses or not. In any case they can get some at White Harbor. They arrived in KL from different places, at different time. But they all left at the same time, for the same place. Their home now for Jon and Brienne. Make sense to travel together.

This is one meeting I expect a lot. My view is Bran now sees the larger threat/plan. Bottom line: Jaime started him on his journey to become the 3-Eyed Raven. Each one did what was his purpose in the plan. What matter is what comes next.

As well as arrive together,,,,,

4 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Agree, I hate him too, but I assume he is too important to cut.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Cas Stark said:

Agree, I hate him too, but I assume he is too important to cut.

I agree, Euron must be really important in the end game but then again, he is the kind of guy the Dudebros love, like Ramsay, raping, murdering, backstabbing monster. They cut Arianne but kept Euron. It figures.

Archived