Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 1/25/2019 at 5:50 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

He's self-deluded versus Stannis who has been deluded by Melisandre. They each think they're figures that they aren't.

I don't think deluded is exactly what he is. Book Euron has at least 2 legendary objects of valyrian power, that not even Aegon the Conqueror could dream of possessing. Possible only the utmost mages of Valyria had such objects.

Maybe he just read too much, rather than travel too much. But his references to gods of everywhere are impressive. The Greyjoys are rather dull and unimaginative in general. IMO, Euron started like them. But he found some power, or some power found him, somewhere like outside Ashai's walls. And now he is something very serious.

13 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Euron is insignificant road kill

Show version yes is a sorry idiot. There is nothing on him to waste time with.

11 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Show version yes is a sorry idiot. There is nothing on him to waste time with.

I hope the show grants him at least enough determination to bring the Golden Company under his control, instead of handing it over to Cersei.

I mean, he is paying them. Who cares that it is Lannister/Tyrell gold?

On 1/25/2019 at 4:44 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

It's not late in the game. He's set up by ASOS when Robb gets the news that Euron has appeared at the Iron Islands to claim the crown and he physically appears in AFFC. 

Euron is important because he builds Bran's (and Dany's) story up. You don't actually need him there but his way of doing things is to contrast with how Bran does things. 

He is Bran's inverted image. 

Euron will try to become a god and fail versus Bran becoming a god and succeeding. It's why he's a psychopath in order to show how Bran's empathy is what leads him to succeed.

To me that is late in the game.  If you take AFFC & ADWD as being one book (which it was) then you are talking about a major player appearing in the series at the halfway point.  Which is way too late.

Okee dokee what is going on with the views yet silence?

Watchers on the wall site said nada. Winter is coming  site said nada.

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Any thoughts about the January 17, 2019 video on martin's not a blog?

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/01/17/season-8-is-coming/

AND forum members are saying nada.

:dunno: I dunna understand the silence.

7 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Okee dokee what is going on with the views yet silence?

Watchers on the wall site said nada. Winter is coming  site said nada.

AND forum members are saying nada.

:dunno: I dunna understand the silence.

It was commented a few days ago on this thread when the video was released. Go back a few pages ! ;)

ETA: post 1302

10 minutes ago, Jô Maltese said:

It was commented a few days ago on this thread when the video was released. Go back a few pages ! ;)

ETA: post 1302

Thanks for referencing that. Appreciate it.

Two blips. Not much interest.

Jon, Sansa & Arya walking in the crypts ending up looking at their stone images with a mist approaching as Jon & Arya display their blades is horse fodder.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, alienarea said:

Totally unrelated, but I want unicorns in season 8.

"We wanted it to happen, because dramatically it made sense."

I'm afraid we lost our chance at unicorns when the Ds killed off Rickon without even sending him to Skagos. 

So Lena Headey has said her last day was tedious and all she had to shoot was going and down the stairs.  Now I know shooting often takes place out of sequence but I can't help but think she is being a bit sly about it.  Maybe she meets her end either being shoved down some stairs or at the top of the stairs and dramatically tumbles down them.....

If you want a good listing of all the more reliable spoilers and leaks and avoid reading the previous 1391 posts:

https://winteriscoming.net/2018/12/31/every-spoiler-we-know-game-of-thrones-final-season-8/

In particular, contrary to what was stated in this thread, Jon was spotted in Sevilla during the Trial / Council shooting (but not Dany...).

Updated Current Vegas Odds (OddsShark-Odds to Rule Westeros)) - Just for peoples information

Bran Stark -150

Jon +600

Sansa Stark +800

BoatSex Baby +1000

Tyrion +1000

Night King +1000

Daenerys +1200

Gendry + 1500

Cersei +2500

They finally have included BoatSex Baby in the odds. I don't want to get into a debate over the usefulness/validity of the odds but it does make at least some sense to me that if we end up with a live BoatSex baby the child (under the reported established lines of succession in the world of Westeros) would be above Daenerys in the line of succession, whether Daenerys lives or dies. Jon would almost certainly marry her once he finds out she is pregnant and even if he did not, as King, he could always legitimize the child. While I admit it is possible that Daenerys could keep her pregnancy secret up thru the End Game, IMHO this is not very likely.

Should be very interesting to see how the odds will change up to April 14 as we get some more trailers/teasers or other information is available.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:44 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Updated Current Vegas Odds

The chances for Bran is see at 0. He is the next three-eyed raven and that's it. No indication at all he might become ruler.

Chances for Nightking are 0, too. "A Dream of Spring" does not sound like a proper book for the Night King's success. He has to die to defeat the ice army.

After all, aren't we promised a bittersweet ending that is a real ending? The only solution is that the Iron Throne will be destroyed, without any ruler of whole Westeros.

The "Sing of Ice and Fire" is supposed to come to an end. Both the Night Kind and the Dragons (incl. probably the Targaryens) will die.

6 hours ago, Kajjo said:

The chances for Bran is see at 0. He is the next three-eyed raven and that's it. No indication at all he might become ruler.

Chances for Nightking are 0, too. "A Dream of Spring" does not sound like a proper book for the Night King's success. He has to die to defeat the ice army.

After all, aren't we promised a bittersweet ending that is a real ending? The only solution is that the Iron Throne will be destroyed, without any ruler of whole Westeros.

The "Sing of Ice and Fire" is supposed to come to an end. Both the Night Kind and the Dragons (incl. probably the Targaryens) will die.

That's a happy ending.. bittersweet would be Jon and D  any defeat the white walkers but lose most all troops and the dragons in the process. Then Cersi shows up with an army and promises peace if Jon marries her and comes back to capital. He agrees for the good of the kingdom and becomes king of the seven kingdoms, restores peace throughout the land, and gets to live with Cersi as his lovely wife till the end of his days.

Dany, with no army or dragons gets married off to Euron and becomes lady of the iron islands.

Archived