Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

34 minutes ago, Bradam said:

That's a happy ending.. bittersweet would be Jon and D  any defeat the white walkers but lose most all troops and the dragons in the process. Then Cersi shows up with an army and promises peace if Jon marries her and comes back to capital. He agrees for the good of the kingdom and becomes king of the seven kingdoms, restores peace throughout the land, and gets to live with Cersi as his lovely wife till the end of his days.

Dany, with no army or dragons gets married off to Euron and becomes lady of the iron islands.

Cant see Euron surviving the series tbh

13 hours ago, Bradam said:

Jon marries her ... and becomes king of the seven kingdoms, restores peace throughout the land, and gets to live with Cersi as his lovely wife till the end of his days.

Dany, with no army or dragons gets married off to Euron

That's a joke, right? Makes no sense whatsoever. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, Kajjo said:

The chances for Bran is see at 0. He is the next three-eyed raven and that's it. No indication at all he might become ruler.

Chances for Nightking are 0, too. "A Dream of Spring" does not sound like a proper book for the Night King's success. He has to die to defeat the ice army.

After all, aren't we promised a bittersweet ending that is a real ending? The only solution is that the Iron Throne will be destroyed, without any ruler of whole Westeros.

The "Sing of Ice and Fire" is supposed to come to an end. Both the Night Kind and the Dragons (incl. probably the Targaryens) will die.

That's a happy ending.. bittersweet would be Jon and D  any defeat the white walkers but lose most all troops and the dragons in the process. Then Cersi shows up with an army and promises peace if Jon marries her and comes back to capital. He agrees for the good of the kingdom and becomes king of the seven kingdoms, restores peace throughout the land, and gets to live with Cersi as his lovely wife till the end of his days.

Dany, with no army or dragons gets married off to Euron and becomes lady of the iron islands.

• 2 weeks later...

An apparent leaked cast list from HBO (now deleted I believe) has now revealed who will be starring in the season premiere, with one notable absence. The exception being the NK. All the major characters were included. In addition it looks like we will be seeing Melissandre,  Greyworm, Missandei, Tormund G., Beric D., Edmure Tully, the Hound, Gendry, Lyanna Mormont, Alys Karstark, Ned Umber, Podrick, and everyone's "favorite" Robin Arryn. Looks like at least one KL scene with Cersei, Qyburn, the Mountain (and Euran as well - but who knows where he will be). Just thought people might want to know if you haven't seen this yet.

I really would like to see Edmure again. The show made him quite dumb. The books a bit too. But he is one of the very few lords who really care for his people. Meaning not sending them to war uselessly. Or going to their help when Gregor came rampaging.

But D&D have their butcher's bill to build. So not much hope to see him thru.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I really would like to see Edmure again. The show made him quite dumb. The books a bit too. But he is one of the very few lords who really care for his people. Meaning not sending them to war uselessly. Or going to their help when Gregor came rampaging.

But D&D have their butcher's bill to build. So not much hope to see him thru.

Reports are that Bronn, meets up with Jamie in riverun, where the two of them convince Edmure to rally the riverun forces to join them to come to WF's aid. So it looks like Jamie will be leading an army after all. I wonder if they stop at the twins as well?

20 hours ago, Bradam said:

Jamie stopping by the now leaderless  Freys, nabbing thier ragtag army, then letting out Edmure on the condition he brings whatever is left of the Tully army makes the most sense to me. 

Edmure escaped or let free of a more or less deserted Twins. He is now besieging his home castle. Where some Freys apparently remains. He is now in a position of force versus Jaime. Apparently Jaime is giving the same proposal than Brienne to the Black Fish. Forget your damned castle and go where you are needed. Except Brienne was calling for Cateline's daughters, not for the last war of mankind.

www.ibtimes.co.in

Some interesting information summarized from Fire and Blood:

Despite everything we’ve seen her do, it turns out Dany is destructible. And if we are to believe what Fire & Blood tells us about her ancestors, specifically, one who was named Princess Daenerys the First, the cold might not be the most optimal temperature for our Mother of Dragons. Per the book, Princess Daenerys the First died of “the Shivers,” a disease that kills its host via the coldest conditions imaginable despite the presence of dragon blood. And until her death, the Targaryens believed that they could not get sick.

Beware of Viserion's blue flame (although it appears at least in the show to be extreme fire-but who knows for sure). Perhaps Viserys will end up getting revenge on Daenerys in quite a twist. It would be very ironic. But probably will not happen. Interesting none the less.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:54 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Dany is destructible

No question, of course she is. She suffers pain, she suffers miscarriages and certainly a sword can wound here.

She is just by some magic immune to fire and heat (hot water, hot stone, fire itself). But not all Targaryens are anyway, Dany is more a magical exception as we know. Viserys was not immune to heat.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

Honey, everyone dies.

And to think reaity rality already does that... reality already does that....

All this time and energy to achieve what time could of done all on it's own... nice waste of time and space there.

From  Entertainment 2/27/19:

George R.R. Martin had a chance to appear in the upcoming final season of Game of Thrones, yet decided against it.The author whose A Song of Ice and Fire novels form the basis for the HBO hit was extended an invitation by series showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss to travel from his New Mexico home to Northern Ireland to be included in a scene in season 8. But the author decided to focus on writing his next book, the long-awaited The Winds of Winter, instead.

“David and Dan invited me to a cameo in one of the final episodes, which I was tempted to do,” Martin told EW. “But I didn’t think just for the sake of a cameo I could take the time to return to Belfast.”

Martin pointed out that he previously did film a cameo in the show in the first Game of Thrones pilot, which was subsequently reshot. “There was a cameo in the original pilot that was cut,” he noted. “I was a guest at Dany’s wedding. But that was when she was played by Tamzin Merchant so all that footage got thrown out when we recast with Emilia Clarke.”

So it looks like no epilogue with GRRM playing an older Sam.

9 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Hide contents

The common idea was Jon and Dany would have a wedge driven between them upon learning of Jon's true parents. This spoiler seems to dispute that

Spoiler

I don't care about Jon or Dany or their love affair or their beautiful baby of Targ restoration. Robb was a better King and field commander and he was going to have Eddard 'Ned' STARK. I find Eddard 'Ned' Targaryen insulting to the entire Stark family. So Jon not only never wanted to be a Stark, he also wants to insult them by giving the baby the Targ surname? The Targs who brought so much destruction on House Stark, one of them being Jon's freaking biological father. It's disgusting if it's true. But I don't expect different from Jon Snow at this point.

Archived