Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

7 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

We don't even know what this person will actually do. As I said, they could simply be a dude who does something really mundane.

Rhaegar assumed he was a warrior who will save the world or somesuch...again people who think he's correct arent using their brains. You're not just supposed to uncritically accept whatever a Targaryen thinks about their "special destiny," and you're definitely not supposed to believe Mel is right.

I like the books better than your version sorry.

Who the NK is after is an interesting question.  While I tend to believe it is Bran like most everyone else, I do think Arya could have the NK's face, without knowing it.  We had numerous close-ups of all the faces on the wall in the House of B&W.  Maybe she ended up with one she should not have taken, or did not know who it was.  Arya also says ..."I know death.  He's got many faces.  I look forward to seeing this one."    

Just an idea that is not Bran, Jon, or Dany.

2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I like the books better than your version sorry.

We're all guessing here, just like the characters. The books haven't conclusively proved anything about this prophecy.

But that doesn't mean that audiences should be passive either, believing whatever Mel, Aemon, and Rhaegar think.

54 minutes ago, Jô Maltese said:

It would be ironic if he was just after Gilly's baby boy: he was stolen from him after all!

It's still better than the option of Bran/Jon/Dany. He's let these people go without fuss, especially Jon, numerous times. If any of these were the target I would roll my eyes and lmao at the fact that D&D truly are incapable of planning anything ever, as usual. How many times have Jon and NK come face to face and the NK didn't attack Jon? He's had Dany in his sights too and didn't act. Same with Bran.

Gilly's baby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jon/Bran/Dany

26 minutes ago, Mystical said:

It's still better than the option of Bran/Jon/Dany. He's let these people go without fuss, especially Jon, numerous times. If any of these were the target I would roll my eyes and lmao at the fact that D&D truly are incapable of planning anything ever, as usual. How many times have Jon and NK come face to face and the NK didn't attack Jon? He's had Dany in his sights too and didn't act. Same with Bran.

Gilly's baby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jon/Bran/Dany

What situation did he let Bran go? I only can remember when he first was after the 3 Eyed Raven, killed him. Then they chased after Bran? I assumed his target was always the 3ER and now that the old one died, Bran would be the next target?

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

What situation did he let Bran go? I only can remember when he first was after the 3 Eyed Raven, killed him. Then they chased after Bran? I assumed his target was always the 3ER and now that the old one died, Bran would be the next target?

That does not seem to make a lot of sense. If Bran as the nee 3ER were the target, the old 3ER should have told him to stay South of the wall ...

Just now, alienarea said:

That does not seem to make a lot of sense. If Bran as the nee 3ER were the target, the old 3ER should have told him to stay South of the wall ...

But the old 3ER had to train him first, right? so Bran goes north to learn from the 3ER. NK wants to kill the 3ER. Does. Bran is new 3ER, NK should be after Bran now?

If the 3ER told Bran to stay south of the wall, then he could never have "trained" (or whatever it is that they did...) to become the new 3ER.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

But the old 3ER had to train him first, right? so Bran goes north to learn from the 3ER. NK wants to kill the 3ER. Does. Bran is new 3ER, NK should be after Bran now?

If the 3ER told Bran to stay south of the wall, then he could never have "trained" (or whatever it is that they did...) to become the new 3ER.

But NK already knows Bran is the new trainee. He grabbed Bran in a vision before 3ER died. And he marked him to get through the Childrens magic. The NK would know that Bran is with 3ER (hence touching Bran) and the only reason Bran is with him is to become the 3ER. Bran should not have survived 6x05 if he was the NK target. NK and his army was right there and no amount of Benjen fighting and Hodor-ing would have saved him considering the numbers, including the freaking NK himself and several WW.

However I can totally see D&D making it Bran because these men don't ever have a plan. They don't care how it makes characters look. Seriously, Bran knows he is the target in your scenario (as the new 3ER) because the NK came specifically to kill the previous one. In which case not only is Bran a grade a moron but a mass murdering douchebag to boot. He came south of the wall knowing the NK wants him, instead of staying north of the wall. Thousands will die then because of him and he knew the whole time that the NK is after him so all that death is on him.

4 hours ago, alienarea said:

Since the Night King as a person has not surfaced in the books (yet), he cannot be the main plot, can he?

We don't know much about the Others in the book.  If they have a leader, I doubt he'll be called the Night King.

There are likely two main plots.  Man vs the Others.  Starks vs the Lannisters.  GRRM's original intention was TWOW was going to be all about the Others invasion and then there would be a last book (A Time for Wolves) that would focus on the aftermath of the Others invasion.  He has since said that last book won't happen anymore, but it shows that the story won't end with the Others defeat.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Mystical said:

Are you serious? He refused to listen to his mother and is partially responsible for getting the Lannister-Stark feud going. He got Rickon, Osha and Shaggydog killed by sending them away. He got the 3ER killed. Summer. Hodor who he used like a beast of burden and violated repeatedly, aka the guy who Bran gave brain damage to in the first place. And he made an entire species go extinct (if those were the last children). And lets remember that he is basically a god who sits on his ass doing nothing all day except watch Stark home videos.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:43 PM, Kajjo said:

My goodness. You hate a 9-year old boy, because he didn't listen to his mother and climbed anyway? Even the mother knew he wouldn't obey and smiled about it. He is a normal child, doing normal child-like things in that scene. Not guilty of starting any feud. 

He made a mistake when exposing himself to the Night King. On the other hand, he was not properly instructed to avoid such exposition by all means. He didn't know that the touch while greenseeing would nullify the magic of the cave.

Bran did not made "a species go extinct". The Children voluntarily fought on his side, most probably to correct a fuck-up they committed themselves some thousands years ago by creating the White Walkers. It's not Bran's guilt that he has to sacrifice is whole live to become a 3ER instead of enjoying a proper childhood. He did not apply for being the 3ER. 

He is not a god, at least not by all definitions I know. He simply has the ability of greenseeing and warging and probably (?) the 3ER was somehow created by the Children to counter-balance their fuck-up with he With Walkers.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Mystical said:

Btw do you know something I don't about the new Season and therefor know 'why this all happens'? If you do please share, if you don't then don't act like you do.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, Kajjo said:

I meant exactly the contrary: I don't know anything and you don't either. As long as we don't know the history of the Children and the meaning of the 3ER and the aim of the White Walkers, we simply cannot judge who is guilty for what. A 9-year old Bran is not guilty in my opinion, though.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I suspect one of the abilities of the NK was to “freeze” the normal seasonal time cycle (wheel) so that it was always freezing north of the wall. He needed to do this to protect his growing “family” of WW's who would be doomed if summer seasons arose. This disruption has also led to the disturbances in the seasonal time cycles south of the wall (the walls “magic” could not completely block this) which has led to the disturbances and unpredictability of the seasons south of the wall.

Might be... hopefully we learn about the reason of the strange seasons.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

As the 3ER's powers/abilities progressed over time it has gotten to the point where the 3ER has sufficient greenseer abilities to return back in time to challenge and make changes that would threaten the NK. I suspect the seat of power for the NK is the alter in the north where he converted the babies to WW's. The 3ER's seat of power probably lies in the Godswood in the Isle of Faces. The NK wants to destroy this area (along with the current 3ER) and the allies of the 3ER (Jon/Daenerys) need to destroy the northern alter and the NK. I would not be surprised if this will become a major plot line in Season 8. Somehow I believe an additional factor in negating some of the NK's power will also be related the the birth of the PTWP (Jon's and Daenerys' child), though I'm not really sure how this would fit in. Perhaps it has something to do with the agreement made to end the first long night 5-8000 years ago.

Interesting thoughts. 

I believe the Isle of Faces might have a key role in the books, but we heard very little about it in the show. Anyway, it might be important. I agree that the NK is after Bran. Maybe he is also after the weirwood tree which created him, maybe to release him from his NK existence. When Leaf puts the dagger into the man we hear wood splinter when he turns into the NK. So yes, this very weirwood tree might have a key role.

I still have the idea that the 3ER was maybe created to counter-balance the Children's fuck-up by creating the White Walkers.  Maybe Bran and the NK have to neutralize each other. Maybe Bran needs to sacrifice himself after all?

Interesting is whether any more Children are alive or the species is finally extinct. And yes, the original agreement is a big open question.

Only six episode to clear up all the open threads... I sincerely hope they will tie up the lose ends.

2 hours ago, Mystical said:

But NK already knows Bran is the new trainee. He grabbed Bran in a vision before 3ER died. And he marked him to get through the Childrens magic. The NK would know that Bran is with 3ER (hence touching Bran) and the only reason Bran is with him is to become the 3ER. Bran should not have survived 6x05 if he was the NK target. NK and his army was right there and no amount of Benjen fighting and Hodor-ing would have saved him considering the numbers, including the freaking NK himself and several WW.

However I can totally see D&D making it Bran because these men don't ever have a plan. They don't care how it makes characters look. Seriously, Bran knows he is the target in your scenario (as the new 3ER) because the NK came specifically to kill the previous one. In which case not only is Bran a grade a moron but a mass murdering douchebag to boot. He came south of the wall knowing the NK wants him, instead of staying north of the wall. Thousands will die then because of him and he knew the whole time that the NK is after him so all that death is on him.

That is the answer to this question of a new target for the NK.  First, this is all spec on a few words from the NK actor (which, fine, that gets done all the time, LOL), but when I wouldn't count on it all making a ton of sense.  Their idea of sense can be found in my signature, sad to say.  Not only do they not care how (many) characters look, they don't care if they don't look consistent episode to episode or season to season. 

Not that I think it will give us any info or spoilers, but Kit is hosting SNL the 6th of April.  I think he should do well, he's pretty good in interviews and little comedy skits. 

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/13/kit-harington-will-host-saturday-night-live-april/

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

My goodness. You hate a 9-year old boy, because he didn't listen to his mother and climbed anyway? Even the mother knew he wouldn't obey and smiled about it. He is a normal child, doing normal child-like things in that scene. Not guilty of starting any feud. 

I've said before I don't hate characters. So why are you insinuating that I do? And why does it ruffle your feathers when someone uses 'Sansa hater logic' and applies it to another character, especially another Stark? I mean we are all in agreement that Arya is responsible for Cat, Robb, Talisa (+unborn baby), hundreds of Northmen and all the people in the Sept of Baelor being dead. Right? After all what did she say to Sansa in S7? She'd rather die than betray her family? Well by not naming Tywin or doing the deed herself she betrayed her family, she caused all this death. Which makes her even worse than Bran since Tywin openly talked about killing Robb in front of her. She could also have named Cersei and the people who died in the Sept blow up would still be alive.

The 'was just a child', 'didn't know', 'didn't have a choice', 'was raised that way' etc. excuses never work Sansa. Why should it for the rest of the Stark children? I'm just drawing cause and effect lines.

33 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I've said before I don't hate characters. So why are you insinuating that I do? And why does it ruffle your feathers when someone uses 'Sansa hater logic' and applies it to another character, especially another Stark? I mean we are all in agreement that Arya is responsible for Cat, Robb, Talisa (+unborn baby), hundreds of Northmen and all the people in the Sept of Baelor being dead. Right? After all what did she say to Sansa in S7? She'd rather die than betray her family? Well by not naming Tywin or doing the deed herself she betrayed her family, she caused all this death. Which makes her even worse than Bran since Tywin openly talked about killing Robb in front of her. She could also have named Cersei and the people who died in the Sept blow up would still be alive.

The 'was just a child', 'didn't know', 'didn't have a choice', 'was raised that way' etc. excuses never work Sansa. Why should it for the rest of the Stark children? I'm just drawing cause and effect lines.

Yawn

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Yawn

Is that your method of upping up your post count? Instead of engaging in actual discussion? How many of your posts in the last 7 days have just been this one word? If you don't have anything to contribute to what I say, don't quote me to up your post count.

48 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Is that your method of upping up your post count? Instead of engaging in actual discussion? How many of your posts in the last 7 days have just been this one word? If you don't have anything to contribute to what I say, don't quote me to up your post count.

It's hard to come up with a unique reply when all you do is keep posting the same poorly thought out Troll drivel (I mean come-on, it's not even good troll drivel) over and over. Anyone else reading this post, please click on this persons user ID and take a peak at his 40 posts, you will see what I mean. 

As for post count, maybe that is a question I should ask you? Personally, I find no reason to care about post count on a fan site of a show in which it is based will be over in 8 weeks. 

It's blatantly obvious that all your trying to do is get a rise out of people with your hate (of the show) posting in a desperate attempt for some attention; Otherwise, you would be posting in the rant an rave without repercussions thread exclusively. 

So there you have it, now in the future, when I post "yawn" at least you will now know why.

Yawn

Archived