Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

30 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Since the Night King isn't a character in the books, he cannot win in the end.

Hardhome isn't in the books either, and the Nightwatch deserters at Craster's and the near miss between Jon and Bran is a show invention, too.

I think that we may see a version of that through Davos's eyes.

Unless my memory is playing tricks again, Hardhome is in the books, we just don't see it firsthand, we hear about it later, and of course, it's done a bit differently in the show to accommodate having the main cast in the battle there.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Unless my memory is playing tricks again, Hardhome is in the books, we just don't see it firsthand, we hear about it later, and of course, it's done a bit differently in the show to accommodate having the main cast in the battle there.

It's not quite as dramatic as it was in the show, at least it wasn't by the time Cotter Pyke sent his letter. But I think chances are high we'll get a large scale attack against a town in the books (one we'll get to witness through an actual PoV).

40 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

It's not quite as dramatic as it was in the show, at least it wasn't by the time Cotter Pyke sent his letter. But I think chances are high we'll get a large scale attack against a town in the books (one we'll get to witness through an actual PoV).

That would be a bit repetitive I think.  We'll have a POV large scale attack on the Wall, then again at Winterfell.  If they make it as far down as Riverrun (which has been foreshadowed in the books, and in the TV show as far as King's Landing) then we're likely to at least see something happen at the Crossing too.

Throw in to the mix we may yet see the battle unfold at Hardhome through Davos's eyes and that's quite a lot of large scale attacks we'll witness.

2 hours ago, alienarea said:

Since the Night King isn't a character in the books, he cannot win in the end.

Hardhome isn't in the books either, and the Nightwatch deserters at Craster's and the near miss between Jon and Bran is a show invention, too.

Hardhome is most certainly in the books. And there is a good chance we might find out that this is where Mellisandra came from, 600 years ago. 

Yes, Hardhome as a location is in the books. I was referring to the episode.

In the books: no Night King, Jon Snow not going to Hardhome, Jon Snow not fighting a White Walker there, last group of Wildlings pass the wall before Jon gets assassinated. It's quite different.

30 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Yes, Hardhome as a location is in the books. I was referring to the episode.

In the books: no Night King, Jon Snow not going to Hardhome, Jon Snow not fighting a White Walker there, last group of Wildlings pass the wall before Jon gets assassinated. It's quite different.

There are still lots of Wildlings at Hardhome in the books too.

12 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

That would be a bit repetitive I think.  We'll have a POV large scale attack on the Wall, then again at Winterfell.  If they make it as far down as Riverrun (which has been foreshadowed in the books, and in the TV show as far as King's Landing) then we're likely to at least see something happen at the Crossing too.

Throw in to the mix we may yet see the battle unfold at Hardhome through Davos's eyes and that's quite a lot of large scale attacks we'll witness.

I don't think we'll see the Wall being breached in a PoV, and Jon won't be around when Winterfell falls (it will be under Stannis's control or simply abandoned again by the northern lords)... but I probably won't be able to convince you of that. :cheers:

Hardhome we won't see for sure, Mel has already said that nobody is coming back from there alive and in this particular case I believe her.

24 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

It was reported on Reddit today that Friki will be posting a video tomorrow with his spoilers for S8 E1. Just thought people might want to know if interested. I'm not sure if it will be in Spanish or English.

Are these new spoilers or a different version of the spoiler he already has talked about regarding Tyrion?

Friki vid is out.  Still waiting for a full translation, but the biggest spoiler I'm seeing so far is that Jon rides Rhaegal in episode 1.  Dany talks him into it, and this is actually before his parentage reveal.  Jon/Dany both ride around for a bit, then land and share a kiss. 

I honestly didn't think Jon would become a dragon rider.  I'm quite shocked at this.

Jon looks like he's fighting on the ground during the WF battle though, so I'm assuming something goes wrong with his dragon during the battle.  

EDIT:  Here is a translation:  Link

21 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Friki vid is out.  Still waiting for a full translation, but the biggest spoiler I'm seeing so far is that Jon rides Rhaegal in episode 1.  Dany talks him into it, and this is actually before his parentage reveal.  Jon/Dany both ride around for a bit, then land and share a kiss. 

I honestly didn't think Jon would become a dragon rider.  I'm quite shocked at this.

Jon looks like he's fighting on the ground during the WF battle though, so I'm assuming something goes wrong with his dragon during the battle.  

EDIT:  Here is a translation:  Link

I had come around to think it would be better if only ever Dany road a dragon, so less cliche in the end, so it's a little disappointing from that perspective.  Not much of a spoiler though I suspect most people have thought Jon would get a dragon one way or the other.  

7 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

HBO had Youtube take Friki's vid down.  All HBO did with that is confirm his stuff is legit. The translations of his vid are already out, taking the vid down achieved nothing, lol.  

I guess I can't blame them, but OTOH, the spoilers don't spoil much, it's not like a main character dies in the first episode or something really huge.

Funniest things about the spoilers are

1) Jon, a grown up man, can't talk to his sister so he sends his other sister to run interference for him and hopefully change the first sister's mind about his current girlfriend. LMFAO.

2) Dany trying the Sansa approach: Tell a lady how beautiful she is to garner support. I expect it will work as well for Dany as it did for Sansa when it came to Lyanna Mormont back in S6. OMG, really D&D? Here I thought Dany was supposed to be so much smarter and more sophisticated than stupid Sansa.

3) Tyrion. But his character is just funny in a sad sort of way.

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Awe inspiring article by Emelia Clarke in New Yorker Magazine today. She suffered two brain aneurysms over the course of filming GOT seasons and nearly died both times. 

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/emilia-clarke-a-battle-for-my-life-brain-aneurysm-surgery-game-of-thrones

WOW!!  Really?  I knew someone many years ago that survived a brain aneurysm, they were quite lucky.  They also lost their ability to taste and smell, for the most part.  I'm interested to read this.  She really is lucky.  I can only say WOW again. 

Archived