Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

i am at a loss to why the show keeps making sansa such a trouble maker while always talking about her like shes a good schemer.

Because they have never had any use for the character. Or understood her for that matter. But that goes for many of the characters really.

I think they just do it because every family apparently needs a bitch. For the Lannisters it's Cersei. For the Targs it's Dany. For the Starks it's Sansa. Or maybe they just do it because Jon is such a dumbass, in order to soften the blow with the viewers, they make Sansa the 'antagonist' to distract the masses.

12 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Because they have never had any use for the character. Or understood her for that matter. But that goes for many of the characters really.

I think they just do it because every family apparently needs a bitch. For the Lannisters it's Cersei. For the Targs it's Dany. For the Starks it's Sansa. Or maybe they just do it because Jon is such a dumbass, in order to soften the blow with the viewers, they make Sansa the 'antagonist' to distract the masses.

It's very strange, I understand why they wanted Sansa at WF for the show, okay fine, I thought they did a bad job of how that story went, and I generally think that they make the Starks too stupid, but my goodness, to still have Sansa on some power trip when the army of the dead is coming any day, still semi backstabbing Jon in public, seems so petty and unimportant, but based on the spoiler, a good part of the episode is poor Jon and Dany trying to appease her irrational BS?  And yet I suspect the showrunners think these actions will show us how "strong" she is....and maybe a lot of the viewers will agree.  Who knows, I'm so glad the show is almost over.

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's very strange, I understand why they wanted Sansa at WF for the show, okay fine, I thought they did a bad job of how that story went, and I generally think that they make the Starks too stupid, but my goodness, to still have Sansa on some power trip when the army of the dead is coming any day, still semi backstabbing Jon in public, seems so petty and unimportant, but based on the spoiler, a good part of the episode is poor Jon and Dany trying to appease her irrational BS?  And yet I suspect the showrunners think these actions will show us how "strong" she is....and maybe a lot of the viewers will agree.  Who knows, I'm so glad the show is almost over.

It's interesting however that this comes up.

After that first disastrous assembly, Jon has to talk to Sansa. She keeps telling him that his duty is to defend the North and he's not taking her advice seriously, he keeps telling her they need allies. Eventually Sansa confronts Jon: Did you bend the knee for the North or for love?

I'm actually fine with this to be honest. If that's where her issues come from then they are actually perfectly fine and valid. Especially the part about why he bend the knee. If Jon shows up with Dany and openly being all lovey dovey, I can understand the Northerners and Sansa's reaction. Because it looks pretty damn bad. Isn't that exactly why no one wanted him to go South? So that the North isn't lost because the King chose some foreign whore. IMO everyone would rightly assume that this is why he bend the knee. And funnily, they would be right. He didn't bend the knee to get Dany's forces, he did it to get laid. Dany had already pledged herself and her forces to the fight without asking him to bend the knee anymore.

Of course it all could be solved so easily. If anyone just bothered to ask Bran or Bran bothered to open his mouth. His presence makes conflicts rather pointless.

Did Cersei lie or is she really sending help? Ask Bran.

What is Dany like and what has she done so far? Ask Bran.

Why did Jon bend the knee? Ask Bran.

And so forth....

33 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I'm actually fine with this to be honest. If that's where her issues come from then they are actually perfectly fine and valid. Especially the part about why he bend the knee. If Jon shows up with Dany and openly being all lovey dovey, I can understand the Northerners and Sansa's reaction. Because it looks pretty damn bad. Isn't that exactly why no one wanted him to go South? So that the North isn't lost because the King chose some foreign whore. IMO everyone would rightly assume that this is why he bend the knee. And funnily, they would be right. He didn't bend the knee to get Dany's forces, he did it to get laid. Dany had already pledged herself and her forces to the fight without asking him to bend the knee anymore.

That would actually be interesting, if they manage to pull it off.

There's the aspect of Jon being compared to Robb that you mentioned, but there are also Sansa's own experiences with men. She was in love with Joffrey's so she blinded herself to his cruelty until it was too late, she wanted to use Ramsay as an ally and she fell prey to a psychopath, she was relying on Littlefinger but he was manipulating her all along. It would be consistent with Sansa's character to fear that Jon might fall into either one of these traps.

1 hour ago, The Coconut God said:

That would actually be interesting, if they manage to pull it off.

There's the aspect of Jon being compared to Robb that you mentioned, but there are also Sansa's own experiences with men. She was in love with Joffrey's so she blinded herself to his cruelty until it was too late, she wanted to use Ramsay as an ally and she fell prey to a psychopath, she was relying on Littlefinger but he was manipulating her all along. It would be consistent with Sansa's character to fear that Jon might fall into either one of these traps.

To my mind Jon's characterization hinges on exactly this point.

Is he smart enough to see how dangerous Dany is or is he just as dumb and lovestruck as Sansa was at age 12. 

44 minutes ago, T and A said:

Tyrion being the betrayer of Jon and Danny might be the third WTF Moment, D&D mentioned, that GRRM told them. And to be honest, this really shocks me. 

Yeah maybe.  If that particular spoiler is true, I will be surprised I thought Tyrion was very safe.  But, it looks like, based on cast interviews, he's killing more people than a lot expected.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah maybe.  If that particular spoiler is true, I will be surprised I thought Tyrion was very safe.  But, it looks like, based on cast interviews, he's killing more people than a lot expected.

Now I get why D&D whitewashed Tyrion in the show. This way the shock for the audience will be much higher. I could see Book-Tyrion do that, but Show-Tyrion?

20 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

To my mind Jon's characterization hinges on exactly this point.

Is he smart enough to see how dangerous Dany is or is he just as dumb and lovestruck as Sansa was at age 12. 

:shocked: And they had Jon ask Arya of all people to try to sell Joff Dany to Sansa. 

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

:shocked: And they had Jon ask Arya of all people to try to sell Joff Dany to Sansa. 

Well why wouldn't he do this? he's always been trying to diffuse EVERY. SINGLE. SITUATION so that it doesnt explode.

the more important question is.... when has arya ever made anyone LESS antagonistic??

Sounds like he's thinking with his dick not with his head. 

4 hours ago, Mystical said:

Of course it all could be solved so easily. If anyone just bothered to ask Bran or Bran bothered to open his mouth. His presence makes conflicts rather pointless.

Did Cersei lie or is she really sending help? Ask Bran.

What is Dany like and what has she done so far? Ask Bran.

Why did Jon bend the knee? Ask Bran.

And so forth....

Bran is the infodump robot from the future. Or is it the past? No matter, he is an infodump robot, but only when it’s convenient. He knows about Rhaegar and Lyanna, but has no idea that they were married, for instance. So I expect the same type of thing here. He won’t say anything, and then will dump whatever bit of info the “plot” requires him to. 

12 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Well why wouldn't he do this? he's always been trying to diffuse EVERY. SINGLE. SITUATION so that it doesnt explode.

the more important question is.... when has arya ever made anyone LESS antagonistic??

Sounds like he's thinking with his dick not with his head. 

Didn't Arya idolize strong female conquerors of the past?  Named her wolf after one, and schooled Tywin that Aegon didnt conquor westeros by himself.  Maybe she will take an instant liking to Dany?.

4 minutes ago, Bradam said:

Didn't Arya idolize strong female conquerors of the past?  Named her wolf after one, and schooled Tywin that Aegon didnt conquor westeros by himself.  Maybe she will take an instant liking to Dany?.

Nymeria actually resisted dragonlord hegemony, and Dorne continued that tradition. There's a history there...it's very interesting. So Nymeria is symbolic of a powerful woman resisting Valyrians/Targaryens.

To me that line to Tywin suggests more of a Sansa/Arya/Jon team up since she's emphasizing the role of the women in the man's achievements. It was however, a show addition and Arya says nothing about idolizing Visenya in the books.

19 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I can't wait to see the Starks make up off screen, again.  And welcome Dany to the family on. 

I can't wait to see the look an Sansa's face, when Dany says screw it and takes her dothraki, unsullied and her dragons and march's back south, after her (Sansa's) silly little hissy fit. 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

I can't wait to see the look an Sansa's face, when Dany says screw it and takes her dothraki, unsullied and her dragons and march's back south, after her (Sansa's) silly little hissy fit. 

Better if she pulls a Cartmen and says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" and whips double birds as she leaves.

Archived