Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Correction: A previous version of this article said Coster-Waldau would only appear in four episodes of Game of Thrones' final season. He will actually appear in all six, and this article has been updated with this information.

There is no valonqar. But I still believe Jaime should be the one who kill Cersei. He is the one she most ruined the life. So I'm glad he would be there until the end. I hope it's not Arya with his face.

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

the arrangement that Torrhen Stark made with Aegon that lasted over 1,000 years.

Is it 1000 years for the show? Because in the books, Aegon was only 300 years ago.

Him being there till the end lines up with my idea that he will be executed by the new king (Aegon) who marries Sansa. Brienne will have to do it due to her loyalty to Sansa, request to do it herself, with Oathkeeper, or reject doing it and die with him.

I think Sam is thinking ahead and that's totally fine. He's pushed Jon into higher positions before.  We, as fans, need to start talking about succession and Northern claims because Jon's parentage is already out of the bag and its looking like Sam will urge Jon to use it against Dany.

I see it unlikely that Jon is able to find a way out of this mess if he's being completely honest.  He has to explain to his people that Dany is a worthy, humble, peaceful, sacrificial queen and that he ONLY bent the knee because he believes she's a better ruler for them (they clearly disagree) while simultaneously admitting that he loves her AND that he's a Targaryen now?

"Don't worry, you elected me, but I'm a Targaryen who bent the knee to a Targaryen, and I love this woman! So that should answer all of your concerns about where my loyalties lie!" Da fuq? 

Since it looks like Jon isnt actually saying anything to defend Dany except "We need allies" I see this Sam/Jon scene playing out the same way as when Sam made Jon sign the Bolton letter to ask them for aid in S5. Only Jon is in Sam's position now.

There are parallels here, Littlefinger, Boltons, Euron...all unsavory allies. Dany is somewhere in that camp.

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Jon didn't bend the knee after boat sex. He bent the knee after he seen the sacrifice Dany made to save his people. He bent the knee after Dany had pledged her support to save and fight for the north without her requiring Jon to bend the knee. In other words, Jon bent the knee after Dany showed she was worthy. People can argue Jon was already in love at this point, and I will say prior to this it was just an attraction/infatuation. 

This contradicts the scripts. It says he realizes he loves her as she's crying over the loss of her dragon or something cheesy like that. So he did it for love. 

Jaime, in the books, has a dream where he is judged (harshly) by the Starks and Targaryens in what seems to be Winterfell's crypts. Lannisters would not be welcomed, and he killed Dany's father.

And no in the trailer we do not clearly see them fight White Walkers. In fact the one Arya kills spills a lot of blood, usually not something that happens with them or wights.

And I didn't say someone would throw a rock at a dragon, I figuratively said that if someone throws a rock at Dany in front of her dragons it would be enough for everything to go south. But worst, a wanna-be hero who doesn't like her, some butcher's son or whatever, could just stab her. It takes very little for a chain of reactions to ignite if harm comes to Dany, and then rationality goes out the window.

All is in place for Winterfell to war with itself before the NK arrives.

2 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Jaime, in the books, has a dream where he is judged (harshly) by the Starks and Targaryens in what seems to be Winterfell's crypts. Lannisters would not be welcomed, and he killed Dany's father.

No, Jaime is in some creepy basement in Casterly Rock in that dream.

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, Jaime is in some creepy basement in Casterly Rock in that dream.

Ha, funny because I thought they were in the flooded mines of Castamere originally. But the video from GreyArea convinced me they were in Winterfell's crypt, and I think it is Jaime being judged for his role in the Stark deaths and his disloyalty to the Targaryens. Makes a lot of sense to me, a foreshadowing of when he will come to Winterfell, and it makes a lot more sense than Starks and Targs in Casterly Rock. Also, only Brienne would come to his reputation's defense, like she is defending him in the dream.

When Jaime arrives in Winterfell, he will have a lot of explaining to do, and Brienne to help him.

12 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Ha, funny because I thought they were in the flooded mines of Castamere originally. But the video from GreyArea convinced me they were in Winterfell's crypt, and I think it is Jaime being judged for his role in the Stark deaths and his disloyalty to the Targaryens. Makes a lot of sense to me, a foreshadowing of when he will come to Winterfell, and it makes a lot more sense than Starks and Targs in Casterly Rock. Also, only Brienne would come to his reputation's defense, like she is defending him in the dream.

When Jaime arrives in Winterfell, he will have a lot of explaining to do, and Brienne to help him.

I’d suggest re-reading the passage instead of watching crazy videos on YT, but that’s just me. :)

40 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

"The White Walker army will not be the only issue our characters have to face in season 8, they have to also face each other."

- David Nutter AMA 

Sorry I copied the quote wrong, it was in @NonoNono's post. Ugh, mobile :-/

yes, Cersie and the golden company will face off against Jon and Dany. Context is everything. 

24 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I can't really see something so bland and predictable. Nutter's quote made me think of GRRM'S quote: "something that I wanted to draw upon [is] where you have two heroes fighting." 

Bland and predictable, perhaps, but the story has to make sense as well. There is a lot more room for twists and turns in the books to come, but with six episodes left, do you really think justice can be served by having the north/dany face the WW's, then they face off against Cersei/Euron/GC in KL, and then they face off against each other? My god I hope not, way too much to introduce and resolve in 6 episodes. 

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Dany has already proven to be a valuable ally against the NK, and an enemy of Cersei's.

Has she? After her interaction with Night King, he became far more serious threat than before. One can actually argue that having Viserion sped up the White Walkers invasion.

Being Cersei's enemy is hardly a recommendation. Daenerys is someone who can restore the worst kind of totalitarian regimes, People doubting in her, not trusting or liking her, being reserrved, all of that is normal. She comes with Dothraki and former slaves, on the back of a dragon, demanding kingdoms, burning people left and right. Just because we, as watchers, understand Dany, doesn't mean it is something that is a common knowledge in Westeros. 

Once again, just like it was normal for Jon and Dany to resolve some issues between them, it is normal to expect the same for Dany and Sansa. 

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

People like you are the worst kind of trolls. Your posts are not a "what you think will happen" theory at all. Rather it's a thinly veiled attempt for you to tell us "if this were me, this is how I would finish the story". Then when the story doesn't go as you "theorized" you can tell us how awful the ending was and how much better your version would have been.  In other words, your hardly any better than a plagiarist. I suggest rather than trying to pirate someone else's work, and finish it for them, you write your own from start to finish. 

As much as I might disagree with many on here that hate the screen adaptation presented us by D&D, I can at least respect their opinions (well, most of the times). You on the other hand, you.........well enough said. 

I actually love the show and think D&D did nothing really wrong since the show was probably much better handled than it would have otherwise been.

I think D&D did not cut Aegon, and Marc Rissmann the 6'2" blond-haired blue-eyed actor is not playing lazy fat old Harry Strickland, that it's a red herring. I think they are staying close to the books and that they chose to introduce Aegon at the end because they felt it worked better without altering the overall story too much. I think the trailer is hiding who they are fighting against. We heard from leaked footage of the attack on Winterfell what sounded like men trying to force something in unison, like people battering a closed gate, while Winterfell was on fire, something they would be very unlikely to do against WW which wouldn't fight like an organized army against which any coordinated attack could be used. We have seen no signs of the dragons' presence during the attack, nor Dany. Season 7 hinted at Glover and Royce not wanting anything to do with a Targaryen, how will they react when/if they find out Jon is one? Tyrion said Jon should learn to lie a little, but Jon rebuked him. You think Jon will hide his background from those he leads? How will they react when they find out? Why wouldn't Glover and Royce push for Sansa to retake the reigns considering they already wanted her to do so in s7? How will the northmen react to the arrival of a bunch of wildlings refugees, dothrakis, unsullied, iron borns? That's far more than just a Targ queen, plus her hand is a Lannister. Then add Jaime's arrival, whom they can blame for the red wedding.

Meanwhile, why introduce the Golden Company in S8 and even give an important role to a man they are not showing the face of in the trailer? Isn't it too late to have them?

Dany's threat to Varys in S7 foreshadows a betrayal on his part. Varys still has a part to play. Varys hates magic. Varys wants someone with a good name and a strong army to rule, and is seemingly quite disappointed with Dany considering that scene. Considering all of the above, she cannot be seen as a hero by the people. Who would he betray her for? Jon? That would not warrant being burned alive, since she would have to burn everyone else. It has to be someone else. Plus, Jon doesn't fit for Varys: Jon has actually no army, and his name is bad, it's Snow, and all of Dany's bad rep rubs off on him plus more from his past (Night Watch vow breaker, friend of wildlings, friend of a red priest who sacrificed a little girl, etc.). No one would believe he is Rhaegar's son. But one man does have a powerful army, and if he's in the right position at the right time he will have the chance to take the throne and claim a good name for himself. Varys would back him, and between Sansa and Dany he would probably back Sansa, who is in a better place to be loved by the people than Dany. Plus, a man claiming to be Aegon VI would rally Dorne to his side, and we know Toby Osmond is playing "a royal role in golden armor" and had a bunch of videos of Oberyn on his YouTube channel; fits the bill.

We also know a dragon is attacking King's Landing and there was no snow during the shoot, people were not dressed for the cold, and that's episode 5, so presumably the NK never reaches KL, meaning the last threat to the realm would likely be a dragon or dragons not used by the NK. That gives an opportunity to the GC to come out as heroes once they deal with said threat, allowing them to take the throne.

Yes this is a spoilers and leaks thread and these are my views based on the spoilers and leaks. You can't call everyone a troll for not agreeing with you.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Has she? After her interaction with Night King, he became far more serious threat than before. One can actually argue that having Viserion sped up the White Walkers invasion.

Being Cersei's enemy is hardly a recommendation. Daenerys is someone who can restore the worst kind of totalitarian regimes, People doubting in her, not trusting or liking her, being reserrved, all of that is normal. She comes with Dothraki and former slaves, on the back of a dragon, demanding kingdoms, burning people left and right. Just because we, as watchers, understand Dany, doesn't mean it is something that is a common knowledge in Westeros. 

Once again, just like it was normal for Jon and Dany to resolve some issues between them, it is normal to expect the same for Dany and Sansa. 

Why don't those people who don't understand the difference between character perspective and audience perspective just jump into the screen and hand characters like Sansa or the Northern Lords their copies of S1-7? Then they are as up to speed on everything as the audience is and can then make a fully informed decision regarding Dany.

2 hours ago, NonoNono said:

I actually love the show and think D&D did nothing really wrong since the show was probably much better handled than it would have otherwise been.

I think D&D did not cut Aegon, and Marc Rissmann the 6'2" blond-haired blue-eyed actor is not playing lazy fat old Harry Strickland, that it's a red herring. I think they are staying close to the books and that they chose to introduce Aegon at the end because they felt it worked better without altering the overall story too much. I think the trailer is hiding who they are fighting against. We heard from leaked footage of the attack on Winterfell what sounded like men trying to force something in unison, like people battering a closed gate, while Winterfell was on fire, something they would be very unlikely to do against WW which wouldn't fight like an organized army against which any coordinated attack could be used. We have seen no signs of the dragons' presence during the attack, nor Dany. Season 7 hinted at Glover and Royce not wanting anything to do with a Targaryen, how will they react when/if they find out Jon is one? Tyrion said Jon should learn to lie a little, but Jon rebuked him. You think Jon will hide his background from those he leads? How will they react when they find out? Why wouldn't Glover and Royce push for Sansa to retake the reigns considering they already wanted her to do so in s7? How will the northmen react to the arrival of a bunch of wildlings refugees, dothrakis, unsullied, iron borns? That's far more than just a Targ queen, plus her hand is a Lannister. Then add Jaime's arrival, whom they can blame for the red wedding.

Meanwhile, why introduce the Golden Company in S8 and even give an important role to a man they are not showing the face of in the trailer? Isn't it too late to have them?

Dany's threat to Varys in S7 foreshadows a betrayal on his part. Varys still has a part to play. Varys hates magic. Varys wants someone with a good name and a strong army to rule, and is seemingly quite disappointed with Dany considering that scene. Considering all of the above, she cannot be seen as a hero by the people. Who would he betray her for? Jon? That would not warrant being burned alive, since she would have to burn everyone else. It has to be someone else. Plus, Jon doesn't fit for Varys: Jon has actually no army, and his name is bad, it's Snow, and all of Dany's bad rep rubs off on him plus more from his past (Night Watch vow breaker, friend of wildlings, friend of a red priest who sacrificed a little girl, etc.). No one would believe he is Rhaegar's son. But one man does have a powerful army, and if he's in the right position at the right time he will have the chance to take the throne and claim a good name for himself. Varys would back him, and between Sansa and Dany he would probably back Sansa, who is in a better place to be loved by the people than Dany. Plus, a man claiming to be Aegon VI would rally Dorne to his side, and we know Toby Osmond is playing "a royal role in golden armor" and had a bunch of videos of Oberyn on his YouTube channel; fits the bill.

We also know a dragon is attacking King's Landing and there was no snow during the shoot, people were not dressed for the cold, and that's episode 5, so presumably the NK never reaches KL, meaning the last threat to the realm would likely be a dragon or dragons not used by the NK. That gives an opportunity to the GC to come out as heroes once they deal with said threat, allowing them to take the throne.

Yes this is a spoilers and leaks thread and these are my views based on the spoilers and leaks. You can't call everyone a troll for not agreeing with you.

It's nothing but fan fiction, plain and simple. I'm not calling everyone a troll. But you my friend, are a troll, And there is no way the drivel you type will come to fruition. 

Archived