Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Eeer, after he kills the WW's, I don't think he'll have to worry about getting support for a long time, because everyone will be at his feet.

And here we go back to the first point about how anyone ever brought up the possibility of a political marriage (well, LF did but he's dead now) and the perfect timing was before the Wall went down.

1 minute ago, Leticia Stark said:

Eeer, after he kills the WW's, I don't think he'll have to worry about getting support for a long time, because everyone will be at his feet.

And here we go back to the first point about how anyone ever brought up the possibility of a political marriage (well, LF did but he's dead now) and the perfect timing was before the Wall went down.

I think we'll see more wall falling disaster because of Jon/Dany team up. I think Bran is the key to defeating the WW. But these are big questions. I'm just thinking of the politics because I think those are sometimes harder than defeating generic fantasy big bads. 

Aragorn's tax policy after all. 

52 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

That's assuming people believe Jon did anything for them. What do people south even know of Jon?

Ned Stark's bastard, betrayed the Night Watch to ally with Wildlings, executed for it, rumored to have been resurrected by a red-priest with the sacrifice of Stannis' daughter, marched on Winterfell to take it from Sansa, consort to mad Daenerys and her army of eunuchs, dothrakis, iron borns, who destroyed the wall with her dragons to gain the wildling's support who then marched south from Hardhome and who all sacked Winterfell when they rejected them, and then he claimed he was Aegon Targaryen, true heir to the Iron Throne?

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

My main objection to MissyWorm is time related. There’s no time to put in things that matter for the actual story, but for the faux romance that only makes sense creatively there is? And I get it, they have two good actors that they have to use and give screen time to, but I find their romance boring and nonsensical and just totally uninteresting.

Like I said, I like it actually. Because it's not a focus. And while I think their S7 love scene was too long, this is the same Season that wasted time on a several minutes long POOP montage. I'd take a MissWorm love scene over that any day. However we got both and one of them definitely could have been cut.

7 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It also solves the whole bending the knee business.

No it doesn't.  At least in European history it hasn't.  For example, see the marriage of Isabella the Queen and King Ferdinand.  The only way it worked in Spain was for ISABELLA to play publicly deferential and bend the knee to Ferdinand -- while she kept everything going and moving forward. The moment she died, he ran the kingdom down into shyte.

Everyone's expectations remain the same: no matter how equal, the male part is MORE equal, more dominant, even if the particular male king in question doesn't push it (though in history this has never happened).  Danny's not about to be publicly deferential and bend the knee to Jon.  She won't.  Elizabeth's choice to manage this was to not marry.

14 minutes ago, Zorral said:

No it doesn't.  At least in European history it hasn't.  For example, see the marriage of Isabella the Queen and King Ferdinand.  The only way it worked in Spain was for ISABELLA to play publicly deferential and bend the knee to Ferdinand -- while she kept everything going and moving forward. The moment she died, he ran the kingdom down into shyte.

Everyone's expectations remain the same: no matter how equal, the male part is MORE equal, more dominant, even if the particular male king in question doesn't push it (though in history this has never happened).  Danny's not about to be publicly deferential and bend the knee to Jon.  She won't.  Elizabeth's choice to manage this was to not marry.

Knock, knock, hello...........I did not say what you have me quoted as saying. 

Since Jon is confirmed as the son of Lyanna Stark (Ice) and Rhaegar Targaryen (Fire), we already have "A Son(g) of Ice and Fire".

A child of Jon and Daenerys would be less ice => doesn't make sense

Makes one wonder whether the Night King is after Jon?

Also, since the fight will be ice vs fire maybe Jon ends up as Nissa Nissa?

17 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Since Jon is confirmed as the son of Lyanna Stark (Ice) and Rhaegar Targaryen (Fire), we already have "A Son(g) of Ice and Fire".

A child of Jon and Daenerys would be less ice => doesn't make sense

Makes one wonder whether the Night King is after Jon?

Also, since the fight will be ice vs fire maybe Jon ends up as Nissa Nissa?

There are rumors Melisandre leads an army of wights at some point.

I have been saying for a while that I think Davos will stab Melisandre in the heart at her request to create Light Bringer but I now believe the Azor Ahai myth was about how to create a White Walker, something the 13th lord commander imitated to bring his lover back to life. It makes a lot of sense: frozen fire in the heart, flaming heart. The R’hlor faith is just a misunderstanding that their myths turned into over time. Sacrificing people by burning them is a corruption of sacrificing someone with frozen fire in the heart. Azor Ahai is a bit like prometheus or lucifer, the great other like God, the WW like his angels. Also in the books Davos has been killed/broken figuratively by water (Blackwater) and a lion (Lannister), like the forging of Light Bringer.

Anyway I think when Melisandre returns from Volantis it will be with this truth, and she will ask Davos to do the deed, become the new corpse bride, and fight the NK with her own army of the dead. It would fit with the teaser where fire fights ice and a new wall rises.

I think Jon is the prince who was promised to the CotF, their new guardian, and I think he will turn into a WW when he is about to be executed by Aegon VI and/or Sansa (yes I believe the GC leader will take the name Aegon and Sansa will marry him), but Arya will ask to pass the sentence herself, but to save Jon she will stab him in the heart with the pointy end of her dragon glass dagger, the one she keeps clutching to in the trailer.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:07 PM, Leticia Stark said:

Not if that political marriage partner is the Night King.

I love how parts of the fandom are loosing their minds over what Maisie said about Arya 'calling out Jon' similar to what Sansa does. Arya not being a 100% Jon fanboy and yes-girl is apparently making people go nuts. God forbid someone has their OWN opinions and expresses them instead of being blindly loyal to the likes of Jon (and Dany). Never mind that this might just be actor hype along the lines of 'Sansa betrays X' (which never amounted to anything ever). No. lets just go cray...

Jon has such a bad case of thinking-with-his-dick-itis that it does the impossible: it unites Sansa and Arya. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/25/maisie-williams-game-of-thrones-season-8/

Was wondering about this cast shot. Jon and Dany are off to the side, but it's Arya, Bran and Sansa who are in the middle of it all. Jon and Dany create a leadership void with all of the confusion and it forces A, B & S to step up and fill it themselves? 

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-8-photos-ew/

5 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

EW already told us that this drama would happen and it'll be solved quickly in the season, so Idk why people are overreacting.

Because Arya fans also tend to be Jon and/or Dany fans. And they all counted on Arya being with Jon 100000% no matter what he says/does. You know, like a good little mindless drone. Now Maisie said that Arya has a mind of her own and expresses her concerns, similar to Sansa, so everyone is going nuts.

The funniest part about that...a lot of them blame SANSA for Arya exercising free will and free speech. Anything to avoid hating Arya (their beloved girl) for having an opinion of her own instead of loving Jon's farts.

2 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Because Arya fans also tend to be Jon and/or Dany fans. And they all counted on Arya being with Jon 100000% no matter what he says/does. You know, like a good little mindless drone. Now Maisie said that Arya has a mind of her own and expresses her concerns, similar to Sansa, so everyone is going nuts.

The funniest part about that...a lot of them blame SANSA for Arya exercising free will and free speech. Anything to avoid hating Arya (their beloved girl) for having an opinion of her own instead of loving Jon's farts.

I mean, it does annoy me the fact that after all this time they were apart and finally reunite it gets kinda "ruined" because of this quick drama. 

But I'm not surprised at all, D&D love to portray stupid drama.

47 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

I mean, it does annoy me the fact that after all this time they were apart and finally reunite it gets kinda "ruined" because of this quick drama. 

But I'm not surprised at all, D&D love to portray stupid drama.

Yup, according to the Ds, all females know how to do is bitch at or about each other, if not outright scheme or cat fight.  Or, if all else fails, turn into a Brienne The Brute.  How original. 

Hell, if we are indulging in crazy speculation and fan fic.............I'll go for Harry Strickland from The Golden Company coming with a Bag Full O' Faces, fresh from the House of Black and White.  He can be anyone he wants, even another, nother Aegon.  We'll need at least three of them, right?  Someone else can work on the smush names.  Between him and Arya and her Fist Full O' Faces........we'll never REALLY know what happens anyway.

6 hours ago, Mystical said:

This is the part that baffles me as well. I can’t make the connection other than people just hating Sansa, reminds me of te “Sansa is the worst person in Westeros” thread from ages ago on the Book forum.

I bet its nothing more than just Sansa and Arya angry over the alliance with Cersei which will all be cleared up once Jaime gets to Winterfell. All this crap is getting very tiresome, I cant wait for the show to end.

9 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, according to the Ds, all females know how to do is bitch at or about each other, if not outright scheme or cat fight.  Or, if all else fails, turn into a Brienne The Brute.  How original. 

Yes sure. Who cares about Cersei, Danny, Cat, Olena. All weak bitchy characters right? Oh and btw. in case you don't know: Briene was not a creation of "the Ds".

I swear, since Sansa is my main focus, sometimes I forget how terrible characterization of other character actually is.

In this case, we have the special snowflake, Jon.

So, this is a thing about Jon. He never learns. In TV show, he literally never learns. Not only does he know nothing, he is basically incapable of learning. Two most glaring examples

EXAMPLE 1:

SEASON 6: Sansa warned him of Ramsay. What happened? Ramsay played him like a fiddle.

SEASON 7: Sansa warned him of Cersei. What happened? Cersei played him like a fiddle.

EXAMPLE 2:

SEASON 5: Jon neglected the feelings of NW about wildlings. What happened? He got stabbed.

SEASON 8: Jon neglected the feelings of Northern and Vale lords about Targaryen rule. WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

Jon simply never learns. He does not progress, he is not shaped by what happened to him. Literally, I can see the same person from Season 1. And he actually died. But, he is still "I know what I know and I will do it"

And I can bet that somehow miraculously everything will be fine, people will stop being people and Jon will fly on his dragon to sunset. 

3 hours ago, T and A said:

Yes sure. Who cares about Cersei, Danny, Cat, Olena. All weak bitchy characters right? Oh and btw. in case you don't know: Briene was not a creation of "the Ds".

If people's impression of Sansa is "bitchy" and that is what Ds wanted to do, then yes, they have a big issue. Like Varys said "incompetence should not be rewarded with blind loyalty". And Jon has been utterly incompetent in the past 2 seasons. As I said, he learned nothing and just keeps repeating the same mistakes. And Sansa being the voice of reason (Cersei should not be trusted, Ramsay likes playing games, you can't leave North just like that, you can't unilaterally do things) is being called "bitchy" - that is your idea of creating two strong characters who work together. 

The problem is that GoT turned into soap opera. And the complexity of different narratives is not something that works well with D&D.

Archived