Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

11 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

No, you silly fools, of course they would marry for lurve! Jon just didn't know he always loved Sansa! OR he always knew but pretended to love dany to get her army and dragons! It is known.

You obviously missed the point. Arranged marriages are done when you need an alliance. It is their primary function - to establish a connection where there is none. Hence, betrothal of Brandon Stark and Catelyn or Lyanna and Robert. In some cases, it is done to make mends like Robert wanted to make peace between Starks and Lannisters by marrying Sansa and Joffrey. 

The point about Sansa and Jon's marriage is that it has no point. Jon is not seen as an outsider, he is not seen as someone North needs to make peace with or connect with. He sees Starks as his family, he fought under their sigil. They are a family. And that is why marriage between Jon and Sansa would not make any sense. It would be like marrying a brother and a sister (which Targaryens did, but other reasons were involved there).

Simply, Sansa marrying Jon would be equally pointless as you having your right hand shaking the left one. 

29 minutes ago, Risto said:

You obviously missed the point. Arranged marriages are done when you need an alliance. It is their primary function - to establish a connection where there is none. Hence, betrothal of Brandon Stark and Catelyn or Lyanna and Robert. In some cases, it is done to make mends like Robert wanted to make peace between Starks and Lannisters by marrying Sansa and Joffrey. 

The point about Sansa and Jon's marriage is that it has no point. Jon is not seen as an outsider, he is not seen as someone North needs to make peace with or connect with. He sees Starks as his family, he fought under their sigil. They are a family. And that is why marriage between Jon and Sansa would not make any sense. It would be like marrying a brother and a sister (which Targaryens did, but other reasons were involved there).

Simply, Sansa marrying Jon would be equally pointless as you having your right hand shaking the left one. 

And how did Robbs arranged marriage go?

Cersei's?

Tyrion's?

But, I am sure GRRM wrote the story so Jon's arranged marriage was a great idea, and went perfectly.

Get out of the real world, this is a freakin's story that is supposed to be unpredictable. Using medieval logic to predict GoT is as stupid as having your right hand shake your left.

Since this is the spoiler thread, here is what looks like the real leak of the whole story - and we are all wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3ZUjR6UXw&feature=youtu.be

I thought I'd drop off some news, well, NEW PICS anyway.  It still seems most everything that is being released is in relation to the first few episodes.  I suppose they are trying to be careful and don't want to make it all that easy to figure out any deaths or differences beyond the Battle at Winterfell.  That's my guess on it, anyway. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/daenerys-jon-sansa-jorah-together-winterfell-latest-game-thrones-season-8-promo-photos/

4 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

And i am not being dismissive, but since you have three posts I point out that i am far from the only one who thinks Sansa and Jon get together.  The Arya -Jon is also not unheard of. A couple threads:

It doesn't make it any less insane. There were entire legions of fans who thought Harry will end up with Hermione (THIS after book 6). The coupling of Jon and Sansa doesn't seem to be based on, or taking into account, anything that's happened in the books or TV series thus far. It's just wish fulfilment.  

If I'm wrong, I will eat very humble pie - but really...?!!

6 minutes ago, HouseLancaster said:

It doesn't make it any less insane. There were entire legions of fans who thought Harry will end up with Hermione (THIS after book 6). The coupling of Jon and Sansa doesn't seem to be based on, or taking into account, anything that's happened in the books or TV series thus far. It's just wish fulfilment.  

If I'm wrong, I will eat very humble pie - but really...?!!

I couldn't agree more.  There is nothing in the books or the show to indicate Jon and Sansa as a couple.  I'm not sure how a general News, Spoiler, and Leak Thread for season 8 turned into a Jonsa and/or Dany Hate thread, but I would think if that is the basis and backbone of what some want to concentrate on.......perhaps it should have it's own thread? 

Who hates Dany? I don't but a woman riding a dragon fighting another dragon is unlikely to make it - just sayin'

Move it to this thread if you want to continue, I dont as I already did this three years ago under another personae (which I killed as the circular, factless arguments here are insane!)

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I thought I'd drop off some news, well, NEW PICS anyway.  It still seems most everything that is being released is in relation to the first few episodes.  I suppose they are trying to be careful and don't want to make it all that easy to figure out any deaths or differences beyond the Battle at Winterfell.  That's my guess on it, anyway. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/daenerys-jon-sansa-jorah-together-winterfell-latest-game-thrones-season-8-promo-photos/

How many pictures of Isaac are really necessary when he wears the same expression in each of them? I thought they dialed back RobotBran? Everything I've seen so far shows differently.

And Dany what looks like at the high table in the center. In Winterfell. Oh hell no. Move your ass girl. It bugs the crap out of me. That's a place for Starks.

1 minute ago, Mystical said:

How many pictures of Isaac are really necessary when he wears the same expression in each of them? I thought they dialed back RobotBran? Everything I've seen so far shows differently.

RobotBran is a thing, and I am not sure they really have time to develop the character the way it deserves so we get RoboBran to show he is really out there...look how inhuman he is...I mean look at that robot. This is why the books will be so much fun, GRRM will do a great job getting into Bran's mind as it changes (I hope).

I want to know what Jorah and Dany are looking at, Jorah is giving some good sideye....

1 minute ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

RobotBran is a thing, and I am not sure they really have time to develop the character the way it deserves so we get RoboBran to show he is really out there...look how inhuman he is...I mean look at that robot. This is why the books will be so much fun, GRRM will do a great job getting into Bran's mind as it changes (I hope). 

Except they themselves have previously said that they dialed back on that. Of course it just seems the typical D&D MO of outside the show saying one thing and doing another in the show.

15 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Except they themselves have previously said that they dialed back on that. Of course it just seems the typical D&D MO of outside the show saying one thing and doing another in the show.

Very true, I expect RoboBran - I mean they told the kid to play him like Dr. Manhattan (from The Watchmen) who happens to be nude, glowing ex-genius who is barely human. How do you walk THAT back? Maybe there is a scene where he talks to Arya about their childhood or something, but...

5 hours ago, Risto said:

Right now, Jon and Sansa are the closest to fulfilling the pact of ice and fire. Jon and Dany are two Targaryens who can't unite the two kingdoms in any capacity, unless its by conquest. 

7 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

And i am not being dismissive, but since you have three posts I point out that i am far from the only one who thinks Sansa and Jon get together.  The Arya -Jon is also not unheard of. A couple threads:

Thank you. There are lots of us, this isn't just silly shipping. There are political reasons, thematic reasons, book foreshadowing, and show clues. But yeah, we should discuss more, in a thread.

Archived