Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

9 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I could be reading this wrong, but the NK actor and Cogman  seemed to hint that the Others are defeated in Ep 3. Cogman called it the "final battle" in that episode. Now, I could be misreading that, but they also said a 50 min battle is boring, so I think they're keen to clear this off early.

What if the NK win at WF? Or some pact is agreed? The last 3 episodes are then for what is requested. Maybe Jon is the PTWP and must restore peace and get rid of Cersei (and Daenerys and her dragons). And restore the Old Gods or whatever. Clean all, or I'll do it myself and you won't like it, the NK said.

People making a big deal about the Northerners/Sansa/Arya not coming to terms with Jon being a targ really need to watch the first teaser, over and over and over again, until it finally sinks in.........................

"you have to protect him" Lyanna Stark

"All this horror that has come to my family, is all because I couldn't love a motherless child" Cat Stark (as the scene then fades to Sansa)

"You are a Stark, you might not have my name, but you have my blood" Ned Stark

44 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I just realized that the Watchers write up that I posted above seems to imply that the designers of the opening credits can't wait for us to see something.  Something new?  Totally new, or old but altered?  Not sure, but I must admit, it's piqued my curiosity.  I want to take a better look at the EW article, but my first read of WotW made it seem optimistic.  That's different. 

The only thing I can imagine is the change of the sigil family on Kit's name. Maybe they will use that combined sigil of Stark/Targaryen that's going around on some promo.

46 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

The only thing I can imagine is the change of the sigil family on Kit's name. Maybe they will use that combined sigil of Stark/Targaryen that's going around on some promo.

I was thinking perhaps it was about the settings, castles, and cities on the map itself.  The Wall.......missing part or parts?  Eastwatch and how it tumbled into the sea could be shown for the first episode.  I suspect we'll have some map changes as the episodes progress.  Eastwatch falling into the sea for starters, I'm betting. 

2 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I haven't been able to find it for years, but there was a Q&A with GRRM not long after ACOK.  One of the questioners stated that Sansa had lost her Starkness when Lady was killed and GRRM said that was a very perceptive observation.  It'll be interesting to see how her arc ends in light of that.

Yeah I remember that. It's interesting, Jon doesn't have the Stark name but he has the wolf, Sansa has the Stark name but she doesn't have a wolf. They're both weak in different areas. 

As for Sansa's marriage to Tyrion: What's remarkable is that in the books, Jon insists WF belongs to Sansa anyway! It's magnificent. He restores the rights Robb took them away and its almost like he senses that the wedding was a sham anyway. If GRRM wanted to permanently keep Sansa from being a Stark at WF he would have had that marriage consummated.

47 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I was thinking perhaps it was about the settings, castles, and cities on the map itself.  The Wall.......missing part or parts?  Eastwatch and how it tumbled into the sea could be shown for the first episode.  I suspect we'll have some map changes as the episodes progress.  Eastwatch falling into the sea for starters, I'm betting. 

Oooh, that would be cool!

54 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

As for Sansa's marriage to Tyrion: What's remarkable is that in the books, Jon insists WF belongs to Sansa anyway! It's magnificent. He restores the rights Robb took them away and its almost like he senses that the wedding was a sham anyway. If GRRM wanted to permanently keep Sansa from being a Stark at WF he would have had that marriage consummated.

It's not like Robb had all the facts when he made the will anyway. So the will can be contested by different Starks. Rickon and Bran were not in fact dead and at this point in the story various factions are aware of that. And lets not forget that Jon was declared heir under false assumptions as well. He's a Targ on the father's side which puts him way out of the running to inherit WF or the KitN title. As it so happens the people who have the will are en route to Howland Reed I believe, so the Targ bomb will drop one way or another. And if Sansa manages to amass enough power (via LF, after killing LF, marrying Harry...whichever) she can have her marriage annulled. Tyion doesn't have a good standing in Westeros currently and the marriage was not consummated. As you said, GRMM had his reasons for doing that. And I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with making Tyrion look like a good guy (like the show did), there is an actual story purpose behind it.

4 minutes ago, Mystical said:

It's not like Robb had all the facts when he made the will anyway. So the will can be contested by different Starks. Rickon and Bran were not in fact dead and at this point in the story various factions are aware of that. And lets not forget that Jon was declared heir under false assumptions as well. He's a Targ on the father's side which puts him way out of the running to inherit WF or the KitN title. As it so happens the people who have the will are en route to Howland Reed I believe, so the Targ bomb will drop one way or another. And if Sansa manages to amass enough power (via LF, after killing LF, marrying Harry...whichever) she can have her marriage annulled. Tyion doesn't have a good standing in Westeros currently and the marriage was not consummated. As you said, GRMM had his reasons for doing that. And I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with making Tyrion look like a good guy (like the show did), there is an actual story purpose behind it.

:agree:

okay there is a thread now for discussing this further. I will reply to people's posts here:

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The cities constantly change on the intro, for instance in season 5 Wf had the flayed man as it's sigil.

Season 4 had Wf in ruins

Season 3 had Wf in ruins also, and introduced Harrenhall to the map. 

Season 2 a Healthy WF

Season 7 a healthy WF with the Stark sigil restored. We get a glimpse of old town as well. 

11 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Funny thing, Ned knew who Jon's parents where, didn't he?

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

What on earth does that have to with what I said about Robb's will? Is Robb Ned now?

"And lets not forget that Jon was declared heir under false assumptions as well. He's a Targ on the father's side which puts him way out of the running to inherit WF or the KitN title"

1 minute ago, Error-504 said:

"And lets not forget that Jon was declared heir under false assumptions as well. He's a Targ on the father's side which puts him way out of the running to inherit WF or the KitN title"

LMAO. So what? Ned lied to Jon his whole life about being his father, in fact Ned lied to his whole family. Hence FALSE assumptions because of false facts. He has Stark blood but not Ned's. And Ned has nothing to do with Rob's will except that his lie about Jon's real mother and father made it so that Jon was even considered by Rob as his heir. Doesn't change the fact that Robb made the will under false assumptions. A point btw you keep ignoring by quoting something that in fact supports my argument which is Ned's lie.

23 minutes ago, Mystical said:

What on earth does that have to with what I said about Robb's will? Is Robb Ned now?

Pay attention please, and stop presenting false narratives to prop up your point. 

"He's a Targ on the father's side which puts him way out of the running to inherit WF or the KitN title. "

The problem with that, under that (incorrect) assumption, he never would have been in the "running" in the first place.  The line of succession would have been Bran-Sansa-Arya and then maybe Jon. So, obviously (or is it obliviously?) your wrong. 

So the Northern houses are ok with him being a bastard, but not ok with him not being a bastard at all. Okaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. 

I don't care if he is a bastard, Ned Starks blood run through his veins. He my king, from this day, until his dieing day. 

32 minutes ago, Mystical said:

LMAO. So what? Ned lied to Jon his whole life about being his father, in fact Ned lied to his whole family. Hence FALSE assumptions because of false facts. He has Stark blood but not Ned's. And Ned has nothing to do with Rob's will except that his lie about Jon's real mother and father made it so that Jon was even considered by Rob as his heir. Doesn't change the fact that Robb made the will under false assumptions. A point btw you keep ignoring by quoting something that in fact supports my argument which is Ned's lie.

ROLMAO. So what? You mean so what if your wrong? So the Stark blood was stronger in Ned then it was in Lyanna? Do you have a clue how genetics works? Obviously not. Could care less about "rob's will" as it has no bearing on the present, and the Northern Houses are not bound by it, at all. As a matter of fact, it has never even been brought up on the show when they decided to have Jon be the KotN. And your making an asumption that had Rob known Jon's real parents, it would have made a difference to him, which is something none of us know. So a big fat SO WHAT!. 

The only point that is being ignored is your silly succession argument. One in which I quite convincingly proved wrong. 

Not let me get out my crayons and draw you a picture...............................................

I don't care if he is a bastard, Ned Starks blood run through his veins. He my king, from this day, until his dieing day Lyanna Mormont

And to anyone with half a brain, Jon's recently revealed parentage should be a huge plus to the North, not some silly reason to discredit him. It gives Jon a claim to the throne, or at the very least, someone with great influence on the person that might inherit the throne (Dany). The thought that they (the North) will suddenly become autonomous and not ruled by the King/Queen in KL, be it Cersei or Dany is incredibly short sighted. The warden of the North is appointed by the King/Queen of Westeros, not picked by a council meeting amongst the Northern houses. 

Or hasn't Jon yet proved that he is a champion of the North, and if so, what else does the poor guy have to do? 

I really dont think Ned was thinking about Jon's inheritance rights to the North when he said that line. He said Jon doesn't have his name, and in the feudal system the name is all that matters. Being a blood relation isn't good enough to control Winterfell. Plus they already tried the "blood" relation when they appointed him king as "Ned Stark's son," and look how that turned out - he gave it to a Targaryen. Jon isn't really helping matters when he switches from Ned Stark's bastard to Lyanna's son, he still doesn't have the Stark name. 

Archived