Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

16 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I believe what @kissdbyfire is referring to is this mention by GRRM back in November. If not, please correct me KBF.

• In a new video debuting exclusively on Esquire.com, Martin explains that even Daenerys herself could learn a thing or two from Fire & Blood.

"This is a book that Daenerys might actually benefit from reading, but she has no access to Archermaester Gyldayn's crumbling manuscripts. So she's operating on her own there," Martin says in the clip. "Maybe if she understood a few things more about dragons and her own history in Essos, things would have gone a little differently."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a25228296/george-rr-martin-fire-and-blood-daenerys/

Ok, now I am just confused :wacko:. How could that be a WTF moment? I may be too stupid...

9 minutes ago, Risto said:

Her useless version of Needle? As I said once, sometimes silence is better when all things are said and done :D

I'm with you, silence is better sometimes, especially if it seems the yapping costumer is bit.........weird, LOL  I'd take pause before deciding her words are what defines a character, or much of anything for that matter, especially considering she must think the below is fashionable. 

lovely

closeup

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm with you, silence is better sometimes, especially if it seems the yapping costumer is bit.........weird, LOL  I'd take pause before deciding her words are what defines a character, or much of anything for that matter, especially considering she must think the below is fashionable. 

lovely

closeup

That is so... strange? And ugly, and it looks so uncomfortable!

18 minutes ago, T and A said:

Six episodes are at least 6 hours of screentime. That is enough screentime for a good story. 

Sure, if the six hours focussed on character development and story - but we know one entire episode is a battle scene, and we have several other dragon fights to fit in. Andbased on the dialogue to date I have little faith D and D can pull off the real ending. Maybe the outcome...but...

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That is so... strange? And ugly, and it looks so uncomfortable!

LOL  The close up on the split toe of the cloven hoof...............says OUCH to me as well.  Well, it says OUCH and many, many other things.  Not to mention, a question or two as well. 

47 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

lovely

closeup

Speaking is how we got that wonderful quote in your "signature area" (is that how we call it?) :D

Costumes of GoT have indeed been hit or miss for me. There were always some interesting choices, but I am yet to be amazed and speechless by the beauty of a costume.  

1 hour ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Sure, if the six hours focussed on character development and story - but we know one entire episode is a battle scene, and we have several other dragon fights to fit in. Andbased on the dialogue to date I have little faith D and D can pull off the real ending. Maybe the 

"The two Towers" is basically 70% battle and "The return of the King" at least 60%, and yet both movies are Masterpieces of Cinema. And both movies were shorter then 6 hours. And they had both arguably the better source material to adapt then GoT. Of course those were movies, I know. I am just saying that you can complete the story of GoT in 6 hours without quality loss. But of course, you have to bring it to an end now, without introducing some new plotline. 

Just now, T and A said:

"Two Towers" is basically 70% battle and "Return of the King" at least 60%, and yet both movies are Masterpieces of Cinema. And both movies were shorter then 6 hours. And they had both arguably the better source material to adapt then GoT. Of course those were movies, I know. I am just saying that you can complete the story of GoT in 6 hours without quality loss. But of course, you have to bring it to an end now, without introducing some new plotline. 

Grat point and fingers crossed! I do hope D and D do better with this season than the last few - god knows they have the money to outsource more writing.

26 minutes ago, Risto said:

Speaking is how we got that wonderful quote in your "signature area" (is that how we call it?) :D

Costumes of GoT have indeed been hit or miss for me. There were always some interesting choices, but I am yet to be amazed and speechless by the beauty of a costume.  

I have to put costumes mostly as a miss, and much like my view of the show, they got worse as the years went by.  The Lannisters always had the best looks, Cersei, Tywin and the Lannister soldiers, some of Dany's stuff has been good.  But, the black, blacker, blackest and the Joan Crawford shoulders on all the women the last couple of years, doesn't do much for me.  And the costumes for the men have always been too same/same for the most part with a few exceptions.  I was really looking forward at the time to see Marg's wedding dress, and I thought it was so dull, especially after that whole scene about the perfect necklace and then it was a tiny little delicate nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I have to put costumes mostly as a miss, and much like my view of the show, they got worse as the years went by.  The Lannisters always had the best looks, Cersei, Tywin and the Lannister soldiers, some of Dany's stuff has been good.  But, the black, blacker, blackest and the Joan Crawford shoulders on all the women the last couple of years, doesn't do much for me.  And the costumes for the men have always been too same/same for the most part with a few exceptions.  I was really looking forward at the time to see Marg's wedding dress, and I thought it was so dull, especially after that whole scene about the perfect necklace and then it was a tiny little delicate nothing. 

I have to agree with you here, I think teh costume awards are overdone - that said I love some of Dany's stuff. Interesting and unexpected.

Although, I do have some story issues when she can ride a dragon across the entire world and get off with perfect hair and perfectly clean outfit.

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, from your avatar-sake himself ^_^ Sandor is next to the 'G', and just to the bottom/side of Melisandre. His sword is crossing her. I am sure it is just a visual styling to help make the people part of the throne.

Oh I just noticed that it could be Sandor's sword. Would be cool if he did find something that large to fight with. Heck maybe Gendry will make something badass for him. 

1 hour ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Sure, if the six hours focussed on character development and story - but we know one entire episode is a battle scene, and we have several other dragon fights to fit in. Andbased on the dialogue to date I have little faith D and D can pull off the real ending. Maybe the outcome...but...

Three of the episodes are 80 minutes, so there's at least 7 hours if not more.

The Dragonstone scene, Jon doesn't have his King in the North breastplate, nor in the Winterfell battle scenes.

Lines up with the idea that he has to give up the title to appease people. He usually always wore it.

Also this is the runtime:

• Season 8 Episode 1 - 54 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 2 - 58 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 3 - 60 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 4 - 78 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 5 - 80 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 6 - 80 minutes

Just around 30 mins shorter than S7.

2 hours ago, Risto said:

It took me the longest time to figure out how to do the siggie line and make it stick, as well as notice and find any PMs.  This place seems to do those things in a manner reversed from other forums of old. 

Ms Clapton seems a bit flaky, to put it kindly.  I'm not sure where her ideas about the characters come from, but the costumes are starting to seem too Star Trek and/or sci fi, not really medieval based at all.  Especially the women. 

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Margaery had some rather weird choices. I mean, in books, Tyrells are all about extravaganza, the opulence and yet show made their clothes somewhat simplistic. And then there was that necklace scene, which at the end, didn't end up with an appropriate accessory for Margaery.

I remember how excited I was in 2013 to see Sansa's wedding dress and it was complete opposite of what I expected.

Shows like "Outlander" made costumes part of the name recognition, I can't say the same for GoT. Unless we count IKEA rugs.

4 hours ago, NonoNono said:

The Dragonstone scene, Jon doesn't have his King in the North breastplate, nor in the Winterfell battle scenes.

Lines up with the idea that he has to give up the title to appease people. He usually always wore it.

Also this is the runtime:

• Season 8 Episode 1 - 54 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 2 - 58 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 3 - 60 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 4 - 78 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 5 - 80 minutes
  • Season 8 Episode 6 - 80 minutes

Just around 30 mins shorter than S7.

It is confirmed that Episode 3 will be 82 minutes long.

6 hours ago, Every Last Chicken said:

AHAHAHA it does somewhat. 

Maybe they let the South Park creators write an episode...

"Winterfell....F'Yeah!"

Southpark did GoT. There are two episode, called "Black Friday" and "A song of asses and fire". It is the best parody of GoT. And there is also a perfect parody of GRRM. If you havent already seen it, definitively check it out :D

8 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Even at this late stage of the story, there are simply too many characters to focus on character development.  Maybe a load will die off by the halfway point leaving the last couple of episodes as being character driven, but in reality that is not what most people want anyway.  It's been a long story and the end game is about the pay off and resolution to arcs.

Archived