Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

9 hours ago, T and A said:

Southpark did GoT. There are two episode, called "Black Friday" and "A song of asses and fire". It is the best parody of GoT. And there is also a perfect parody of GRRM. If you havent already seen it, definitively check it out :D

The pizzas are coming!

10 hours ago, T and A said:

Southpark did GoT. There are two episode, called "Black Friday" and "A song of asses and fire". It is the best parody of GoT. And there is also a perfect parody of GRRM. If you havent already seen it, definitively check it out :D

I remember watching the black Friday episode a while back and laughing pretty hard. It's been so long though that it wouldn't hurt yo watch it again along with the other one. 

14 minutes ago, Every Last Chicken said:

I remember watching the black Friday episode a while back and laughing pretty hard. It's been so long though that it wouldn't hurt yo watch it again along with the other one. 

I made a mistake though. It is a trilogy. Not only two episodes :D

On 4/2/2019 at 1:20 PM, Lollygag said:

The crypt doors are flanked by wolf statues iirc. Maybe telling us there was a run into the crypts when the battle was lost.

Actually, I thought I read somewhere that our 'friends' escape Winterfell, when it is lost,  through hidden tunnels in the crypts and they emerge at different places, safe.

So in the teaser, when we see Beric yell at the Hound, look carefully, a human is slashing at Beric's back.

This angry guy here.

https://i.imgur.com/TXnFZu3.jpg

Fueling the idea that Winterfell is at war with itself before the NK even arrives? I'll admit it's extremely difficult to see, but with the Dragonstone scene the odds just keep rising!

edit: Crap, don't know how to post attachments, just have a look in slow motion. It's not certain, but that's what I see:)

edit2: The shiny shoulder pad is like those of the Vale troops.

https://i.imgur.com/1pzvYtX.jpg

Just now, NonoNono said:

So in the teaser, when we see Beric yell at the Hound, look carefully, a human is slashing at Beric's back.

This angry guy here.

TXnFZu3.jpg

Fueling the idea that Winterfell is at war with itself before the NK even arrives? I'll admit it's extremely difficult to see, but with the Dragonstone scene the odds just keep rising!

But Beric is at the wall in that scene, not WF. 

3 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

But Beric is at the wall in that scene, not WF. 

Why would the Hound be there?

The scene we saw of him and Ed and Thormun is at Winterfell. It is the same gate with the same torch (but until) as in the Arya scene. I'll try to get screenshots.

Here!

https://i.imgur.com/euePKoJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gzNBhL5.jpg

edit: Not the exact same, no doors, but very similar.

Actually, maybe not lol.

1 minute ago, NonoNono said:

Why would the Hound be there?

The scene we saw of him and Ed and Thormun is at Winterfell. It is the same gate with the same torch (but until) as in the Arya scene. I'll try to get screenshots.

Ahh, ok well your picture didn't post. But no, Wf will not be at war with itself before the NK arrives. No time for such nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Ahh, ok well your picture didn't post. But no, Wf will not be at war with itself before the NK arrives. No time for such nonsense. 

Wait till wildling refugees arrive, saying the wall was destroyed by a dragon. Northmen will say the NK is a lie, that Dany destroyed the wall with her dragons to get help from wildlings to take over the north lol.

Can you explain why Jon doesn't have his breastplate during the fight?

Why do they always show the NK's arrival AFTER showing the battle scenes in all trailers/teasers so far?

7 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Wait till wildling refugees arrive, saying the wall was destroyed by a dragon. Northmen will say the NK is a lie, that Dany destroyed the wall with her dragons to get help from wildlings to take over the north lol.

Some of the Wildlings are already at WF, just not Tormund. Beric and Tormund will arrive at Winterfell in episode 2, maybe late episode 1. Not to mention Bran will be there to tell everyone the Nk has breached the wall, in the same way he sent a raven to Jon while at dragonstone. So, what your saying is after they get the news, instead of preparing for the battle to come, they decide to war amongst themselves? Yeah, not going to happen. We know they are clearly preparing for the NK, as we see Gendry making weapons out of dragonglass (which Jon brought back). Did you see all the dragonglass weapons in the trailer? did you see them hanging on the walls? None of this can happen if they are at war with each other. 

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Some of the Wildlings are already at WF, just not Tormund. Beric and Tormund will arrive at Winterfell in episode 2, maybe late episode 1. Not to mention Bran will be there to tell everyone the Nk has breached the wall, in the same way he sent a raven to Jon while at dragonstone. So, what your saying is after they get the news, instead of preparing for the battle to come, they decide to war amongst themselves? Yeah, not going to happen. We know they are clearly preparing for the NK, as we see Gendry making weapons out of dragonglass (which Jon brought back). Did you see all the dragonglass weapons in the trailer? did you see them hanging on the walls? None of this can happen if they are at war with each other. 

Yeah I'm sure they do prepare. But I don't think they all believe or agree, and I think divisions will increase over time. Some will try to exploit whatever they can.

We know Jon doesn't have his breastplate during the battle scene, and it seems he doesn't have it in Dragonstone either. Why would Jon stop wearing it? He is usually always wearing it. Something makes him "give it up" symbolically, and I can only assume it's because he loses his King in the north title.

In fact, I think Jon returns from Dragonstone precisely while Winterfell is fighting itself. While he left, Dany's troops are betrayed. He lands with Rhaegal, sees Dany's army are being attacked, and he tries to help them, but Rhaegal starts to attack Winterfell.

BTW, unrelated, who the heck is that in poster between Jaime and Arya? I can identify everyone else (even Podrick) but not this one:

https://i.imgur.com/skPht64.jpg

19 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Yeah I'm sure they do prepare. But I don't think they all believe or agree, and I think divisions will increase over time. Some will try to exploit whatever they can.

We know Jon doesn't have his breastplate during the battle scene, and it seems he doesn't have it in Dragonstone either. Why would Jon stop wearing it? He is usually always wearing it. Something makes him "give it up" symbolically, and I can only assume it's because he loses his King in the north title.

In fact, I think Jon returns from Dragonstone precisely while Winterfell is fighting itself. While he left, Dany's troops are betrayed. He lands with Rhaegal, sees Dany's army are being attacked, and he tries to help them, but Rhaegal starts to attack Winterfell.

BTW, unrelated, who the heck is that in poster between Jaime and Arya? I can identify everyone else (even Podrick) but not this one:

https://i.imgur.com/skPht64.jpg

If he bent the Knee to Dany, he is no longer the KotN? Wf is destroyed before he go's to dragonstone, so not even sure what the heck your talking about. No war amongst themselves before the WW attack, not enough of them left after. And I am sure after getting their butts kicked at WF, who is KotN will be the furthest thing on their mind. 

Someone who was at the premiere is answering questions on Freefolk.   Link to his comment history

He says that Bronn's scene (which Friki didn't describe) has Qyburn offering Bronn a lot of money if he will go kill Tyrion AND Jaime.  

So I think that makes it unlikely that Tyrion struck some kind of deal with Cersei in the S7 finale.  If Tyrion is scheming, he's keeping his plans to himself.  And it also means Cersei really didn't like that whole walking away from her thing that Jaime did...

EDIT:  And he says that Jaime DOES appear in episode 1.  The end of the episode, right after Jon's talk with Sam, is Jaime riding into WF, getting off his horse and locking eyes with Bran.  Then the episode just ends on that cliffhanger.  

And, um....the Jon/Arya scene is short and underwhelming according to him.  He says the Jon/Sansa reunion was more emotional.  Ouch.  :(

I had a feeling D&D were gonna screw that reunion up.  They've never really adapted the book Jon/Arya connection effectively. 

2 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Someone who was at the premiere is answering questions on Freefolk.   Link to his comment history

He says that Bronn's scene (which Friki didn't describe) has Qyburn offering Bronn a lot of money if he will go kill Tyrion AND Jaime.  

So I think that makes it unlikely that Tyrion struck some kind of deal with Cersei in the S7 finale.  If Tyrion is scheming, he's keeping his plans to himself.  And it also means Cersei really didn't like that whole walking away from her thing that Jaime did...

EDIT:  And he says that Jaime DOES appear in episode 1.  The end of the episode, right after Jon's talk with Sam, is Jaime riding into WF, getting off his horse and locking eyes with Bran.  Then the episode just ends on that cliffhanger.  

And, um....the Jon/Arya scene is short and underwhelming according to him.  He says the Jon/Sansa reunion was more emotional.  Ouch.  :(

I had a feeling D&D were gonna screw that reunion up.  They've never really adapted the book Jon/Arya connection effectively. 

have not read the link yet, but it makes no sense she would offer Bronn a lot of money to kill Jamie and Tyrion, why not Jon and Dany? Killing both Jamie and Tyrion accomplish's what exactly? Sansa herself told Arya how happy he would be to see her, so I am kinda doubting this. 

One my fave things mentioned by the person is the Sansa burn on Tyrion. D&D never pass up an opportunity to lamp shade their own stupidity. From the stupidity of the wight hunt to convince Cersei to Tyrion believing that Cersei was really sending troops. It's one thing to write Tyrion as a bad hand with terrible battle plans. When it comes to his family however, he knows the score. Too bad Sansa wasn't involved in that story last year, it would have been a riot to see her react to all that stupidity on Team Dany.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

One my fave things mentioned by the person is the Sansa burn on Tyrion. D&D never pass up an opportunity to lamp shade their own stupidity. From the stupidity of the wight hunt to convince Cersei to Tyrion believing that Cersei was really sending troops. It's one thing to write Tyrion as a bad hand with terrible battle plans. When it comes to his family however, he knows the score. Too bad Sansa wasn't involved in that story last year, it would have been a riot to see her react to all that stupidity on Team Dany.

You mean the Arya burn on the Hound, don't you? Sansa isn't exactly immune to stupidity herself, allowing LF to talk her into marrying Ramsey, withholding the fact the Vale would be coming to help in the BotB's. 

Tyrion might have not gotten Cersei to send troops, but they did get Jamie to defect to team Dany. Before you claim the wight hunt a complete failure, you might want to see what significance that plays, as I am sure you will have egg on your face, because Jamie will be a key player. 

Three points from him I found interesting.

1.  Harry Strickland has like 2 lines.  The show doesn't give him any personality at all.  Just a bland, military leader dude. 

2.  He's not certain the Edd, Tormund, WW symbols scene is actually at CB.  He thinks it could also be a Last Hearth.  He mentions Sansa sending horses to get the little Lord Umber's men, Edd and company find a boys corpse who is possibly Lord Umber....so they could be at Last Hearth instead of CB.  And the "symbols" the NK leaves behind is actually just another one of those spiral things that we saw in past seasons, it's made out of bodies like past times.  So the symbol won't give any new insight into what the WWs are after.  It's not a "hidden symbols" painted into CB type deal apparently.    

3.  When Sam tells Jon about his parentage, he suggests that because Jon bent the knee for his people, Dany would do the same....I don't really understand how Jon being the heir would put Dany in a position where she would need to bend the knee "to save her people" like Jon...but I think the dialogue points to Dany being faced with a choice to bend the knee herself in S8.  Why they don't just suggest marriage, I'll never understand, but "would Dany bend the knee like Jon did" seems like it will be a S8 theme D&D are throwing at Dany based on what Sam said.  

Archived