Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

59 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Three points from him I found interesting.

1.  Harry Strickland has like 2 lines.  The show doesn't give him any personality at all.  Just a bland, military leader dude. 

2.  He's not certain the Edd, Tormund, WW symbols scene is actually at CB.  He thinks it could also be a Last Hearth.  He mentions Sansa sending horses to get the little Lord Umber's men, Edd and company find a boys corpse who is possibly Lord Umber....so they could be at Last Hearth instead of CB.  And the "symbols" the NK leaves behind is actually just another one of those spiral things that we saw in past seasons, it's made out of bodies like past times.  So the symbol won't give any new insight into what the WWs are after.  It's not a "hidden symbols" painted into CB type deal apparently.    

3.  When Sam tells Jon about his parentage, he suggests that because Jon bent the knee for his people, Dany would do the same....I don't really understand how Jon being the heir would put Dany in a position where she would need to bend the knee "to save her people" like Jon...but I think the dialogue points to Dany being faced with a choice to bend the knee herself in S8.  Why they don't just suggest marriage, I'll never understand, but "would Dany bend the knee like Jon did" seems like it will be a S8 theme D&D are throwing at Dany based on what Sam said.  

They will. According to the leaks, after Tyrion, Davos and Varys see Jon riding Rhaegal, they start talking about getting Jon and Daenerys together.

Tyrion (and everyone in Winterfell at this point) already knows about their romance, so this probably means that they'll consider marriage.

4 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

1.  Harry Strickland has like 2 lines.  The show doesn't give him any personality at all.  Just a bland, military leader dude. 

1) I am Aegon

2) Sansa will you marry me

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

You mean the Arya burn on the Hound, don't you? Sansa isn't exactly immune to stupidity herself, allowing LF to talk her into marrying Ramsey, withholding the fact the Vale would be coming to help in the BotB's. 

Tyrion might have not gotten Cersei to send troops, but they did get Jamie to defect to team Dany. Before you claim the wight hunt a complete failure, you might want to see what significance that plays, as I am sure you will have egg on your face, because Jamie will be a key player. 

Did I mention Arya? NO. Learn to read. And I do mean the Sansa burn on Tyrion. Again, reading comprehension is your friend. Did I talk about anything other than Cersei? Nope. What does Jamie have to do with anything? Nada. The wight hunt was for Cersei, not Jamie, unless you saw a different version of S7 than I did. And Sansa rightfully said since S6 that the woman is trouble. And Tyrion seems to have lost all marbles, hence the burn in regards to Cersei is justified. What do Ramsey, LF and BotB have to do with anything? Did I write anything about that? Nope.

5 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

but "would Dany bend the knee like Jon did" seems like it will be a S8 theme D&D are throwing at Dany based on what Sam said. 

Maybe it is in relation with Sam's father and brother burning. He is telling Jon that Daenerys would never bend the knee. Maybe Sam (and D&D) will come back to that more than once in S8. But it is not in Jon to ask someone to bend the knee. Only if it is the kneeler desire.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

Did I mention Arya? NO. Learn to read. And I do mean the Sansa burn on Tyrion. Again, reading comprehension is your friend. Did I talk about anything other than Cersei? Nope. What does Jamie have to do with anything? Nada. The wight hunt was for Cersei, not Jamie, unless you saw a different version of S7 than I did. And Sansa rightfully said since S6 that the woman is trouble. And Tyrion seems to have lost all marbles, hence the burn in regards to Cersei is justified. What do Ramsey, LF and BotB have to do with anything? Did I write anything about that? Nope.

Did I mention Arya? NO. Learn to read. And I do mean the Sansa burn on Tyrion.

I read just fine, just missed the Sansa reply to Tyrion, did see the Arya reply to the hound though.

What does Jamie have to do with anything? Nada. The wight hunt was for Cersei, not Jamie, unless you saw a different version of S7 than I did.

Jamie is the commander of Cersei forces, and commands the respect of the Lannister forces. Cersei does not. And she is not a military mind. Regardless of what you might think, losing jamie is significant, and as such the wight hunt was not the failure you continuously portray it to be. And there is a very good chance Jamie does arrive with an army, not by his lonesome. The wight hunt was for both of them (Cersei and Jamie) as they were up to that point a team. And no, the burn on Tyrion while maybe justified, Sansa has no right to talk, having been equally ignorant in the past, as I pointed out. 

What do Ramsey, LF and BotB have to do with anything? Did I write anything about that? Nope.

They have everything to do with Sansa's ignorance and stupidity, making her comments to Tyrion oxymoronic. 

So.... plenty of HUHHA! hype! Snaps! fancy folks walking along red carpets and all the attention given to them.... 

One wonders.... plenty of long gone major characters 's actors showed up in NYC , sean bean, charles dance....

Where's Stannis' actor?

Why wouldn't he be there when an actress who played and invented whore , was there.

Funny how he's so ignored by media , social media, the actors the writers...

9 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

2.  He's not certain the Edd, Tormund, WW symbols scene is actually at CB.  He thinks it could also be a Last Hearth.  He mentions Sansa sending horses to get the little Lord Umber's men, Edd and company find a boys corpse who is possibly Lord Umber....so they could be at Last Hearth instead of CB.  And the "symbols" the NK leaves behind is actually just another one of those spiral things that we saw in past seasons, it's made out of bodies like past times.  So the symbol won't give any new insight into what the WWs are after.  It's not a "hidden symbols" painted into CB type deal apparently.    

3.  When Sam tells Jon about his parentage, he suggests that because Jon bent the knee for his people, Dany would do the same....I don't really understand how Jon being the heir would put Dany in a position where she would need to bend the knee "to save her people" like Jon...but I think the dialogue points to Dany being faced with a choice to bend the knee herself in S8.  Why they don't just suggest marriage, I'll never understand, but "would Dany bend the knee like Jon did" seems like it will be a S8 theme D&D are throwing at Dany based on what Sam said.  

Because its a test if Dany really cares about saving people, or only cares about her claim. If people insist she helped without any expectations of reward then she shouldn't care anymore about these things. Dany's turn to swallow her pride, because Jon did.

Suggesting a marriage after R+L= J makes Dany a queen consort. Jon also has to be cool with full on Targ incest, perhaps with his own son and daughter marrying to keep the blood pure. You know, that "Targ life." Continuing more of the same. Because Targaryens didn't run Westeros into the ground the first time or anything.

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Because its a test if Dany really cares about saving people, or only cares about her claim. If people insist she helped without any expectations of reward then she shouldn't care anymore about these things. Dany's turn to swallow her pride, because Jon did.

Suggesting a marriage after R+L= J makes Dany a queen consort. Jon also has to be cool with full on Targ incest, perhaps with his own son and daughter marrying to keep the blood pure. You know, that "Targ life." Continuing more of the same. Because Targaryens didn't run Westeros into the ground the first time or anything.

300 years of peace and prosperity compared to what? 3-5 years of Bairrinster chaos?

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

300 years of peace and prosperity? I must have read different books... :uhoh:

The poster seems to generally have blinders on that cause selective and faulty memory it seems. That's what being a stan does to people I guess.

Based on what I have seen from the series and the previews so far I assume that they lose the battle in the north and the survivors scatter and / or flee south. I think them fleeing south leads them to Kingslanding with the army of the dead following them. It appears that Dany and Jon are on Dragonstone in the latest preview. So my end game assumption is one of them jumps on a dragons back and flies to KL, where the army of the dead has fully invaded and entered and over whelmed the city. Jon/Dany then use the dragon to ignite the remaining wildfire which kills Jon/Dany as a sacrifice but also kills the Night King ending the threat. I assume it's Jon based on Danys' vision of her in the destroyed throne room with snow falling in it.

48 minutes ago, Mystical said:

The poster seems to generally have blinders on that cause selective and faulty memory it seems. That's what being a stan does to people I guess.

I am a "stan" of what character actually? You really don't have a clue. 

Dany’s vision made it look like she would become the Night Queen. I think she will at least be tempted by the chance to become a WW, especially if she loses her dragons to the NK. Drogo told her she needs no throne, just her dragons, and in her vision she is attracted north, away from the throne, past the wall, after hearing a baby dragon scream, and finds Drogo and Rhaego there.

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Comparatively speaking, of course.

LOL, of course SHE will say this. Its called propaganda.

The truth is that Westeros bend the knee to House Taragryen and in return, the Targaryens promised to be fair and just rulers, which IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

It was them who broke their promises. The Targaryens may be great conqueros but they are a disaster as rulers. They last two centuries with dragons, ruling by fear and terror, the momment the dragons were gone they lost the control of the Kingdom. The Starks have been ruling the North for 8 thousands years; House Lannister ruled the Westerlands for also thousands of years. They dont need dragons.

Daenerys stroyline in Essos is a mirror for this. She was able to conquer as long as she had dragons, as soon as she decided to lock them and actually rule as a regular queen, she started to lose control of Meereen. Its only after she releases the beats again that she is able to find some peace. But that only shows what disaster as a ruler she is. 

2 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Dany’s vision made it look like she would become the Night Queen. I think she will at least be tempted by the chance to become a WW, especially if she loses her dragons to the NK. Drogo told her she needs no throne, just her dragons, and in her vision she is attracted north, away from the throne, past the wall, after hearing a baby dragon scream, and finds Drogo and Rhaego there.

I never got that from her vision, interesting take on it though. I saw her vision, seeing Drogo and Rheago past the wall as her seeing death north of the wall. 

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I never got that from her vision, interesting take on it though. I saw her vision, seeing Drogo and Rheago past the wall as her seeing death north of the wall. 

Interesting take, as she had never seen Jon before, and thought she was barren, a vision of her and her baby in the north/snow would manifest itself as someone she knew (Drogo) and the baby she lost. How could she possibly visualize someone she had never seen before. If she had, her jaw would have dropped the first time she saw Jon. if she were to have that vision again, now, be curios to see if Drogo changed to Jon......

8 hours ago, MelisandresBurningPanties said:

So.... plenty of HUHHA! hype! Snaps! fancy folks walking along red carpets and all the attention given to them.... 

One wonders.... plenty of long gone major characters 's actors showed up in NYC , sean bean, charles dance....

Where's Stannis' actor?

Why wouldn't he be there when an actress who played and invented whore , was there.

Funny how he's so ignored by media , social media, the actors the writers...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he just didn't want to attend? I mean sure, it's much more plausible that there is a huge conspiracy against Stan the man, so much so that it spills over into real life and against the man who portrayed him.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he just didn't want to attend? 

Stephen Dillane had no pleasure in playing in GoT. In an interview to TeleObs 2 years ago, he even said :

I never understood what I was doing in GoT”.

In "Game of Thrones" I've often been lost, forced to play without perspective, which makes me uncomfortable."

Archived