Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he just didn't want to attend? I mean sure, it's much more plausible that there is a huge conspiracy against Stan the man, so much so that it spills over into real life and against the man who portrayed him.

I was about to write the same thing. Thank you very much :bowdown:

my post wasn't meant to suggest that there's a massive underground conspiracy afoot. rather that such an important character that influenced much of the outcome of the present story , is not mentioned at all now that the end has arrived...

Like the previous poster mentioned  , that he didn't wish to attend the premiere after feeling unappreciated lost and without direction is no surprise ... what is and has been a bit of a surprise for me for the past 2 3 years is how little attention any media interviewer gives to this issue...almost as if they just want to ignore it ... plaster it in front of the DDS , confronting them about it would have been more interesting... 

Still, one wishes that he had actually showed up just as a fuck you to the  DDS ...

32 minutes ago, MelisandresBurningPanties said:

my post wasn't meant to suggest that there's a massive underground conspiracy afoot. rather that such an important character that influenced much of the outcome of the present story , is not mentioned at all now that the end has arrived...

Like the previous poster mentioned  , that he didn't wish to attend the premiere after feeling unappreciated lost and without direction is no surprise ... what is and has been a bit of a surprise for me for the past 2 3 years is how little attention any media interviewer gives to this issue...almost as if they just want to ignore it ... plaster it in front of the DDS , confronting them about it would have been more interesting... 

Still, one wishes that he had actually showed up just as a fuck you to the  DDS ...

I actually remember Dillane's comments of dissatisfaction with his 'part' on GoT.  What I found remarkable is that I (as reader and watcher) always felt I understood Stannis, his motivations, and his desires.  My point is simply that the actor managed to do all that, while being unhappy, is rather a testament to his acting chops.  

37 minutes ago, MelisandresBurningPanties said:

You are vastly overestimating how many people care about how the show changed Stannis’s character in the show. Personally, I preferred the show’s version a lot more and never came to care for Book Stannis. It’s a shame that Stephen Dillane never understood his character, but it never once hindered his performance or Stannis’s character arc. To the media, there is no issue. Show Stannis is simply one more GOT character that met a tragic end.

If Stephen Dillane did show up, how would that have been a “fuck you” to D&D? It would have shown he still supports the show.

8 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I actually remember Dillane's comments of dissatisfaction with his 'part' on GoT.  What I found remarkable is that I (as reader and watcher) always felt I understood Stannis, his motivations, and his desires.  My point is simply that the actor managed to do all that, while being unhappy, is rather a testament to his acting chops.  

It also showcases his professionalism.

1 hour ago, MelisandresBurningPanties said:

Yeah...you do not really understand television, movies, or the real world it seems. So quick recap:

Actors are not fans of a book or a book character and in 99,99% cases they don't read them. It is their job to act, not to adore the material. This is what Dillane has done, and he did it pretty good. 

Actors do not have to like fantasy. They get paid to act, not to be fanboys. Dillane stated, that he does not get the story, because he mainly plays in theater, and stated that he finds the fantasy genre goofy. He does not like the material in general. And that is perfectly fine. You know why? Because he is an actor. Not a book fan.  

To make it short: you are talking about your own feelings as a book fan, but you have no idea how actors work.

41 minutes ago, T and A said:

Yeah...you do not really understand television, movies, or the real world it seems. So quick recap:

Actors are not fans of a book or a book character and in 99,99% cases they don't read them. It is their job to act, not to adore the material. This is what Dillane has done, and he did it pretty good. 

Actors do not have to like fantasy. They get paid to act, not to be fanboys. Dillane stated, that he does not get the story, because he mainly plays in theater, and stated that he finds the fantasy genre goofy. He does not like the material in general. And that is perfectly fine. You know why? Because he is an actor. Not a book fan.  

To make it short: you are talking about your own feelings as a book fan, but you have no idea how actors work.

wow you're a stroppy one aren't you. Are you a disgruntled, out of work actor(tress)?

1 hour ago, Bradam said:

I had always assumed actors would dive into their part, consume all the material possible to know their character.. but apparently not.  

If I remember correctly, several actors on GOT were doing precisely that until beig told by D&D to drop the books altogether. There's quite a few quotes on the subject, and Glenn's one of the best ones. 

1 hour ago, Bradam said:

I had always assumed actors would dive into their part, consume all the material possible to know their character.. but apparently not.  

Why would you want to generalize? There are MANY ways to approach the profession of actor…

19 hours ago, Error-504 said:

300 years of peace and prosperity compared to what? 3-5 years of Bairrinster chaos?

You mean Aegon conquest, the Dorne wars (different kings), Maegor repressions, the Dance of Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions (5 or so in 60 years) and finally Aerys madness and Robert's rebellion. 300 years of nearly uninterrupted wars and rebellions. Not counting rulers like Aegon IV or Baelor.

How many wars in the North since the Andals invasion some 5000 years ago?

Daenerys handling of Slaver Bay is nearly spotless in the show. Not so in the books. Astapor is dead: living = 0. The void left after her departure of Astapor has lead to a war between former slaves and masters. Starting a plague of catastrophic proportion. Decimating whole cities and armies. With Volantis and other cities joining the war, the plague (the Pale Mare) could propagate to all west Essos. Not her fault directly. But a consequence of her careless conquest. Dany's problem of caring for her children could disappear with her children themselves.

I am now 100% certain: humans fight against humans while Winterfell is burning, which goes in line with the idea that divisions lead to infighting before the NK even arrives, and likely is the cause of the place burning up. It also lines up with the spy footage where we heard men who sounded like they were forcing down a gate with a battering ram or whatever they were yelling for in unison.

The footage is far clearer than the grainy footage I showed before: watch behind Beric's back, a Vale soldier or some such is fighting another man, either a wildling or Night Watch guy.

That is 100% happening. I suspect it's exactly why the place is on fire, possibly because Rhaegal or Drogon attacked. Now does the infighting start because a dragon burns someone which starts a chain reaction between Dany's and Winterfell's troops? Or does a dragon attack Winterfell because WF is attacking Dany's troops? Anything is possible, but infighting is pretty much certain now.

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

I am now 100% certain: humans fight against humans while Winterfell is burning, which goes in line with the idea that divisions lead to infighting before the NK even arrives, and likely is the cause of the place burning up. It also lines up with the spy footage where we heard men who sounded like they were forcing down a gate with a battering ram or whatever they were yelling for in unison.

The footage is far clearer than the grainy footage I showed before: watch behind Beric's back, a Vale soldier or some such is fighting another man, either a wildling or Night Watch guy.

That is 100% happening. I suspect it's exactly why the place is on fire, possibly because Rhaegal or Drogon attacked. Now does the infighting start because a dragon burns someone which starts a chain reaction between Dany's and Winterfell's troops? Or does a dragon attack Winterfell because WF is attacking Dany's troops? Anything is possible, but infighting is pretty much certain now.

The guy behind Beric is not fighting another man, he is holding of the wights.....

Just drop this insane narrative already. 

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

You mean Aegon conquest, the Dorne wars (different kings), Maegor repressions, the Dance of Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions (5 or so in 60 years) and finally Aerys madness and Robert's rebellion. 300 years of nearly uninterrupted wars and rebellions. Not counting rulers like Aegon IV or Baelor.

How many wars in the North since the Andals invasion some 5000 years ago?

Daenerys handling of Slaver Bay is nearly spotless in the show. Not so in the books. Astapor is dead: living = 0. The void left after her departure of Astapor has lead to a war between former slaves and masters. Starting a plague of catastrophic proportion. Decimating whole cities and armies. With Volantis and other cities joining the war, the plague (the Pale Mare) could propagate to all west Essos. Not her fault directly. But a consequence of her careless conquest. Dany's problem of caring for her children could disappear with her children themselves.

How many of those conflicts involved the North? I am aware of Dany's handling of slaver bay in the books, this conversation is about the show. 

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

How many of those conflicts involved the North? I am aware of Dany's handling of slaver bay in the books, this conversation is about the show. 

Yeah it is about the show. And it wasn't spotless like the other poster suggested. It was a mess, just more condensed than the book version. And Dany screwed things up in both. Questionable choices, limited picture, no plan, questionable justice and morality, mass casualties, power vacuums, poverty, war...all of these things were in the show. Dany is good at conquering, aka killing, but she's got no clue how to be a ruler.

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

The Winter Wolves came to join the Dance rather than dying alone in winter. I don't think much of the troubles reached beyond the Neck.

Daenerys is probably the same character in book and show. Something significant in the books tells us something about her.

30 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Yeah it is about the show. And it wasn't spotless like the other poster suggested.

By comparison, I call it "spotless". I believe the plague will kill more people in Essos than all the Targaryens together in 300 years of Westeros' wars.

8 hours ago, Error-504 said:

The guy behind Beric is not fighting another man, he is holding of the wights.....

Just drop this insane narrative already. 

Agreed. There are three ideas I just can't see happening 

1) Jon marrying Sansa

2) The North at a full on civil war before the NK arrives

3) The GC leader being the fake Aegon and introducing an entirely new story line 

They've been building up the White Walkers for 8 years. Story wise would you not pay that off by the North giving them their best effort and STILL failing? If there's a full on revolt and the Walkers just come up behind everyone would look dumb, you'd think they'd have a chance otherwise, and you're robbing the WW of their power/threat. Plus the trailer - they're standing together; this doesn't seem like miss-direction.

Archived