Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Do people really believe that Jon and Sansa are going to have more than a brotherly/sisterly relationship or that they are even attracted to each other.  I just don't see it.  Maybe other people see it but I don't.  And the evidence that is presented doesn't convince me.  Sansa seeing Jon as her brother and part of her family as her brother shows character development and growth on her part.  If Sansa doesn't see Jon as her brother even after the parentage reveal I just think it regresses her character. 

And from the leaks that I heard about, Jon is going to be intimate with Dany in the first episode and Arya and Gendry are going to have sexual tension.  The only young, hot dude to ship Sansa with is Podrik and they barely interacted.  Unless they suddenly have Edric Dayne show up on the show (because there are no Martells left and they need somebody to rule Dorne, maybe) and have a romance with Sansa there is nobody left that fits the young, hot guy criteria.

5 hours ago, HouseLancaster said:

Yes, a triangle that was supposed to be the main focus of his 'trilogy' and a story he would have spent a lot of time on (as would the TV series) had he gone through with it.

The point still stands - they're not just going to suddenly pair two hero siblings together. 

Are you talking about the outline Martin said it was just him making shit up b/c publishers/whatever wanted an outline? 

8 minutes ago, goldenmaps said:

Do people really believe that Jon and Sansa are going to have more than a brotherly/sisterly relationship or that they are even attracted to each other.  I just don't see it.  Maybe other people see it but I don't.  And the evidence that is presented doesn't convince me.  Sansa seeing Jon as her brother and part of her family as her brother shows character development and growth on her part.  If Sansa doesn't see Jon as her brother even after the parentage reveal I just think it regresses her character. 

And from the leaks that I heard about, Jon is going to be intimate with Dany in the first episode and Arya and Gendry are going to have sexual tension.  The only young, hot dude to ship Sansa with is Podrik and they barely interacted.  Unless they suddenly have Edric Dayne show up on the show (because there are no Martells left and they need somebody to rule Dorne, maybe) and have a romance with Sansa there is nobody left that fits the young, hot guy criteria.

That's probably the best proof Sansa dies in S8. :P

1 minute ago, alienarea said:

That's probably the best proof Sansa dies in S8. :P

I don't think that Sansa will die.  I put her survival odds higher than Jon or Dany.  And I don't think that she is going to wind up alone.  I lean on a Sansan romance at least in the books. 

My only Sansa shipping crackship is with her and Edric Dayne.  My reasoning for my crackship is that once the parentage reveal gets out, Dorne will be really angry at the North because Jon lived and Ned was able to help him while Elia and her kids died and her brothers couldn't do anything to help her and Dorne had to fight a war because of Lyanna.  I just think a marriage alliance between the North and Dorne will have to happen to heal those divisions.  Also it would be hilarious because Book Gendry didn't like Book Edric Dayne and won't it be funny if they are brothers.  Of course in my scenario Bran can also marry a Fowler or a Yronwood girl to heal those divisions.  And the show so far hasn't adapted Edric so I doubt that happens.  But I do wonder who would rule Dorne now that the Martells are no longer there.  And I do know that my Sansa ship is a crackship and I don't expect it to happen in either the books or show.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Are you talking about the outline Martin said it was just him making shit up b/c publishers/whatever wanted an outline? 

Why do you believe that GRRM told the truth? What do you expect him to say in his position? The outline definitively has changed over time, but some points may still be the same...

26 minutes ago, The Bastard Dayne said:

Good God, it's sad that at this point over 90% of my hype for finally getting the final season of GOT is to see the Jon/Sansa shippers stop reaching next levels of ridiculousness to somehow prove that their insane fantasy pairing is somehow going to happen.

I'm done and backing away from it now. It's exhausting. A none issue that's eaten up a fair amount of chat. If people genuinely believe there are signs or sexual tension between them from what they've seen in the show that's up to them.

20 minutes ago, goldenmaps said:

Yeah like when Sansa said 'you are to me' about Jon being a Stark it would be really disappointing if she was just playing Cersi style.

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Uhh I'm not sure. There was a photo of what was said to be GRR s original outline with a Jon Arya Tyrion love triangle released a few years ago. That's all I know.  

58 minutes ago, HouseLancaster said:

Uhh I'm not sure. There was a photo of what was said to be GRR s original outline with a Jon Arya Tyrion love triangle released a few years ago. That's all I know.  

Yup, that’s the one. 

3 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Yes, this is why I think Sam will give Jorah Heartsbane as a manipulative way to soften Jorah to the Northerners if they do rise against her. Jorah already owes Sam his life, the North are his kin, and Sam offers Jorah redemption because of his ties to Mormont, I think it would be very hard for Jorah to follow orders Dany's orders if they come into conflict.

The name Heartsbane is perfect for someone who would have to "stop loving" someone. I think Jora has a limit to what he can tolerate. And if he is the one to betray her out of love, it could be doing something against her because he feels what she is doing is going to hurt her.

1 hour ago, goldenmaps said:

On the poster with everyone dead, Podrick looks like the only winner with his sword raised high lol. He's on the right, in a winning pose or a pose like Azor Ahai after stabbing Nissa Nissa in one of the illustrations. Curious why they hid his face, but it's him, same clothes.

https://i.imgur.com/enYTJfp.png

https://i.imgur.com/55AzHVo.jpg

Podrick will forge Lightbringer confirmed! :laugh:

1 hour ago, goldenmaps said:

The only young, hot dude to ship Sansa with is Podrik and they barely interacted.  Unless they suddenly have Edric Dayne show up on the show (because there are no Martells left and they need somebody to rule Dorne, maybe) and have a romance with Sansa there is nobody left that fits the young, hot guy criteria.

Isn't Edmure Tully still alive? 

Just now, Nowy Tends said:

Edmure is married with a lovely Frey girl, probably with child, why would he care about Sansa?

Because D&D might decide that the viewers are too stupid to remember that (or the lovely Frey could become creatively dead) and they could have him with Sansa - a Stark and a Tully - kind of a nice final symmetry.

2 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Because D&D might decide that the viewers are too stupid to remember that (or the lovely Frey could become creatively dead) and they could have him with Sansa - a Stark and a Tully - kind of a nice final symmetry.

Yes. And even more incest-y than Jonsa! Maybe? Whatever. Why oh why would something like that happen/make it into the final few hours left ever? True, the Ds never got Sansa, their version of the character is nothing like the book counterpart... but this is missing it so badly it's too much even for the Ds "creative sense". 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes. And even more incest-y than Jonsa! Maybe? Whatever. Why oh why would something like that happen/make it into the final few hours left ever? True, the Ds never got Sansa, their version of the character is nothing like the book counterpart... but this is missing it so badly it's too much even for the Ds "creative sense". 

I am just surprised at how many threads are about romance, or who will marry who if X dies, or who might really love somebody else.  There are an awful lot of story threads to end and sometimes D&D just pick what solves their problem or what seems expedient.  I will watch the show to the end but I do wish I had the book/s.

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

I am just surprised at how many threads are about romance, or who will marry who if X dies, or who might really love somebody else.  There are an awful lot of story threads to end and sometimes D&D just pick what solves their problem or what seems expedient.  I will watch the show to the end but I do wish I had the book/s.

Oh, I agree. But if you really think about it, there is zero proper romance on the show. There’s only faux-romance, and whatever will shock viewers the most. The problem w/ that approach IMO is that people end up not caring anymore... People are curious, yes, and there’s all the hype and stuff, but deep down I don’t get the feeling that most actually care about the characters... Looking at it like that makes me think that sure, totes possible for Sansa to end up w/ Edmure. Because anything is possible. But they really have a small amount of time to wrap it all up, and this seems to me like too much of a side plot to actually happen. Well, that and of course, “ewwwwww”! :D

3 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

Do people really believe that Jon and Sansa are going to have more than a brotherly/sisterly relationship or that they are even attracted to each other. 

Yes, we do believe it. Its in the books and you will see it in season 8. Since book 1 George has bene telling us that not only they will get married they will be king and queen.

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

The Starks are (were)wolves and the Targs are dragons (vampires). Fire & BLOOD, pale, fancy-pants, Vlad the impaler was named Dracula (dracarys) for dragons, Rhaego had dragon bat wings.

Jon is Bella! 

51 minutes ago, Juligen said:

Yes, we do believe it. Its in the books and you will see it in season 8. Since book 1 George has bene telling us that not only they will get married they will be king and queen.

:lmao::lol::bang: quotes please.  What a joke…

4 hours ago, Juligen said:

No it won't happen. You started this nonsense over on Reddit and got shouted down, now you want to bring your clown act over here. And when it doesn't happen on the show, you will say, "well it will happen in the books". Pfffft. Not going to happen, period. 

Archived